foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

Just a quick thought that came to my mind:

What happened to all the old tracks in the APB music player? I remember it having so much more nice music

I remember the artist program being implemated to the game and such not that long before i took a break from the game itself and when i came back to it after about a year i noticed there are only few of the old tracks I remember listening to in-game

It's 2017 now and I still have no idea what might have happened, is there anybody who knows what was the matter?

Edit: Also a nostalgic APB music general thread.

Edited by foz, 13 January 2017 - 03:04 PM.

My Citadel (formerly Patriot EU2) characters:                                                                                  

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

aSeuTh

aSeuTh

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 12-April 16

Well, when i was playing APB in 2013 we had the same music like now or maybe its just because i listened to Rap playlist

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4519 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

https://www.youtube....2BBE8A90DA37362

Contracts time out on how long they can have them in game 

Edited by SixxstagesofMajik, 13 January 2017 - 07:05 AM.

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

The case is those were so much enjoyable (in my personal opinion) and since my fav tracks got taken out of the game I pretty much started listening to my own music, which happens to me rarely as I tend to enjoy games I'm playing with the original soundtracks

Afterall I created the thread more of curiosity than anything else

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

Well, when i was playing APB in 2013 we had the same music like now or maybe its just because i listened to Rap playlist

maybe

maybe I remember those songs from even earlier days

maybe the rap playlist stayed untouched since then (which I doubt honestly)

I miss Tears for Fears' Mad World and Boys Noize's Lava Lava the most tbh

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

The two songs that I miss the most are Rational Gaze and Tick Tick Boom.  I remember the first song I heard back in the day was Rational Gaze the first time I got into a car.  It was actually because of this game that I bought that Meshuggah album, and I've since re-imported the song back into the game.  Music licensing sucks.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 13 January 2017 - 08:40 AM.

foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

Was it due to licensing?

Remember Rational Gaze too, suprisingly good song if you count the fact I hardly ever enjoy djent and I actually liked it a lot

Is 1901 still in game by any chance or have it been removed aswell?

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Was it due to licensing?

Remember Rational Gaze too, suprisingly good song if you count the fact I hardly ever enjoy djent and I actually liked it a lot

Is 1901 still in game by any chance or have it been removed aswell?

Yeah the licenses on some songs ran out so they had to be removed.  Meshuggah is a more groove oriented djent band and I think that's why I like them, but pretty much no other djent.  

1901 was removed too :(

Johnny Got A Boom Boom by Imelda May was removed as well, but can still be heard at the bar in the Breakwater Galleria in Social.  Jeez the only theme song from the original trailers this game has left is Gimme That Punk.  I hope that one never gets removed.

foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

If they will touch Gimme That Punk, imma start a riot

No but seriously, there isn't any more iconic song in the game than this one, there's literally no sense in getting rid of it

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

Melville

Melville

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Joined 04-December 15

angry goose

foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

angry goose

is the video really that bad?

like THAT bad?

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6969 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
also had Refused on the ingame radio, one of the best & most underrated Swedish punk bands, or at least a few years ago before they got huge and put out a hit or miss post-reunion record

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

also had Refused on the ingame radio, one of the best & most underrated Swedish punk bands, or at least a few years ago before they got huge and put out a hit or miss post-reunion record

Refused is great, forgot they were in this game.

MonteJr

MonteJr

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5065 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

Long story short, song contracts ran out and they had to take out many songs, which led them to make the Artists progrma that also got gutted when the sound guy was let go. I do wish they would bring the artist program back though, as it seemed like a great way to stick to the theme of players making everything.

If you're looking for a certain song from the originals, here's a link of the playlist: http://forums.gamers...oundtrack-list/

Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

Melville

Melville

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Joined 04-December 15

is the video really that bad?

like THAT bad?

yes

foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

Are there any new tracks from the whole artist program worth checking out?

Not sure if I even listened to all of them before uploading own music and if I did I hardly remember any of them

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

How can you all forget the greatest song that was ever in APB.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1402 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I managed to rip 99% of the older music from the retail installer. A lot of the songs are not properly tagged and looks like they were added to the music library manually. Still a few missing that seem to be hidden or use a different file format.

Here's the XML file with the full list from the G1 retail disk:

Spoiler

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

There is not much left of what made APB great... ; -;

QjrnJcF.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I managed to rip 99% of the older music from the retail installer. A lot of the songs are not properly tagged and looks like they were added to the music library manually. Still a few missing that seem to be hidden or use a different file format.

Here's the XML file with the full list from the G1 retail disk:

Spoiler

Which ones are you missing?  I'll see if I can find em on my RTW disc.  Or I might even just have them.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 08 February 2017 - 08:34 AM.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1402 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Which ones are you missing?  I'll see if I can find em on my RTW disc.  Or I might even just have them.

I'm not 100% sure which ones are missing. A lot of them are not tagged so I have about 20 songs that are unknown. The one I know of that is missing is Rational Gaze, but I own all the Meshuggah albums so I don't need it. It's not in MP3 format unlike the rest of the music.

From the G1 retail disk, all of the music is saved in the music.pck file. There's no compression or anything, it's just every single file stored as a single file to speed up load times. Kind of ironic that Reloaded broke the file apart into separate .mp3 files, and then said in a blog post that they want to create single, larger file packages for faster loading. :Ha Ha Ha:

Would it be possible to upload the whole disk? I'm trying to extract all the old vehicles and stuff. For example here's the vehicles from one of the early trailers that were still in the game files. Also found Yo Dawg's vehicle, but I've gotten warnings in the past for posting unreleased content, so no pics of that :P

Spoiler

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I'm not 100% sure which ones are missing. A lot of them are not tagged so I have about 20 songs that are unknown. The one I know of that is missing is Rational Gaze, but I own all the Meshuggah albums so I don't need it. It's not in MP3 format unlike the rest of the music.

From the G1 retail disk, all of the music is saved in the music.pck file. There's no compression or anything, it's just every single file stored as a single file to speed up load times. Kind of ironic that Reloaded broke the file apart into separate .mp3 files, and then said in a blog post that they want to create single, larger file packages for faster loading. :Ha Ha Ha:

Would it be possible to upload the whole disk? I'm trying to extract all the old vehicles and stuff. For example here's the vehicles from one of the early trailers that were still in the game files. Also found Yo Dawg's vehicle, but I've gotten warnings in the past for posting unreleased content, so no pics of that :P

Spoiler

Sure man I'll see what I can do.  I'll try to throw it on Mega or Dropbox if it isn't over the size limit.  Add me on Steam and I'll link it to ya when I have it up.  At work right now so it'll have to be in a few hours.  Lol, the police Subaru looks like a toy and the crim one still has the Webzen logo on it.

Edit: It would probably help if I told you my Steam name wouldn't it?  Cilantro, and my profile pic should be the same as on here.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 16 February 2017 - 07:46 AM.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1402 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Sure man I'll see what I can do.  I'll try to throw it on Mega or Dropbox if it isn't over the size limit.  Add me on Steam and I'll link it to ya when I have it up.  At work right now so it'll have to be in a few hours.  Lol, the police Subaru looks like a toy and the crim one still has the Webzen logo on it.

Edit: It would probably help if I told you my Steam name wouldn't it?  Cilantro, and my profile pic should be the same as on here.

Added. Steam name's the same as on here, just with spaces :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users