Photo

FairFight getting into trouble publicly.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

✖️AyeVilkas

✖️AyeVilkas

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 02-April 15
So there's an intresting article on a website I stumbled upon scrolling through the social media.
I play Battlefield 1 on the odd occasion which also happens to use FairFight as the anti-cheat.

Thing is, it's banning players that are genuinely good, as most of those players banned are streamers , one example is a guy who used a bomber plane to achieve an insane score, kd was like 50, and FairFight works by comparing you, to the "average" player stats and if you differentiate more than the allowed value, hello banhammer. It also calculates the event that are most unlikely to happen. So k/d being 50, guy had 206/4 or something. These people were streaming live which prooves they're legit plus they got over 1000hrs clocked under FairFight supervision.

My worry is. If FairFight gets in mommy for banning "genuine players" imagine what's gonna happen if they need to unban people that do infact cheat. How do you then know who's legit or not?

How will this look, and will this maybe push G1 to change anti-cheat?

nnmrtj.jpg

Thought some of you might find this intresting too.
Source: Fraghero for full article.

Earl Grey tea + Social District

Mod Squad 76

Mod Squad 76

Reloaded Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 01-August 16

I normally try to stay out of these discussions, besides closing down those that need it, but I feel compelled to point out that this...

[...] These people were streaming live which prooves they're legit plus they got over 1000hrs clocked under FairFight supervision. [...]

Is not how that works.

EDIT: I hunted down that article, and after reading through it, yeah, no. Either you got trolled and bought it, or you're trying to stir up the community and troll yourself. 

An essay with a bunch of "source" links that just lead to other articles on the same site that are entirely unrelated does not an effective news release make.

"When EA makes a statement" indeed.

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users