69 replies to this topic

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12
As some of you might remember, we had an art contest here a couple years back that never went anywhere, no winners declared .
I, as well as others, made various media to fulfill the various areas of the art contest .
Screen shots, backgrounds, lore etc ... (  in my sig, you will see "Kahri's story" ... it was my lore  entry )

So I am facebooking and looking at APB reloaded page and I run across a bunch of very familiar looking screen shots .

I wouldn't normally think anything, but these screen shots are too uncanny to ignore, like they literally tried their best to steal my screen shots without outright stealing them .

So here we go, G1/RP knock off's of my art contest screen shots .... enjoy .

Water front buildings 1
Spoiler

Waterfront Bridge 1
Spoiler

Waterfront bridge 2
Spoiler

Bayland container ship 1
Spoiler

The time of day, the angle, almost identical in every screenshot ....

They say impersonation is the sincerest form of flattery, but since they never declared an art contest winner, I kind of feel ripped off .

:/

( my screen shots are way better, much nicer composition by far .... but nice try G1 ... )

Edited by Kahri, 03 January 2017 - 06:55 AM.

Slow PC, low FPS ? -> Optimize Stream Info Here - >My Nightly Stream Kahri's story -> a San Paro Story

Dean Hall

Dean Hall

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Joined 12-July 11

Are we looking at the same screenshots? They are all shot at different times of day and location, its not liked they just plopped the camera down on the exact same spot.

BBjHudz.jpg

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12

Are we looking at the same screenshots? They are all shot at different times of day and location, its not liked they just plopped the camera down on the exact same spot.

If they would of done it in the exact same spot it would of been way to blatant .

I cant believe you don't see the what Im seeing here .... O.o
Slow PC, low FPS ? -> Optimize Stream Info Here - >My Nightly Stream Kahri's story -> a San Paro Story

Jexed

Jexed

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 20-September 14
Huh. It honestly does looks like the same pictures, g1 could Just control the time of day and fly around to get the best angles. Yeah, I'd be mad.

Fiona Brooks

Fiona Brooks

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 07-May 13

lol

*facepalm*

HimeKiwi

HimeKiwi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 20-September 13

The second and third doesn't look similar at all.

Man, I took screenshots of that bridge sometimes, that means I own the copyright to it now.

Don't forget that Movvom ship, it's owned by Shamis.

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12

The second and third doesn't look similar at all.

the second one is taken up a little higher and back about 50m from my original ....
the third one is the most different, but still, very close .

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
Oh boy they made some screenshots of key locations in waterfront!

You can't claim copyright on them as it's their game and the angles aren't even the same. Everything you do or buy in this game is owned by G1, not you.

//Edit: By the way, G1's "version" looks better than yours.

Edited by ..GhosT, 03 January 2017 - 07:30 AM.

edUSqlQ.png

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12

You can't claim copyright on them as it's their game and the angles aren't even the same. Everything you do or buy in this game is owned by G1, not you.

Im not claiming copyright lmao, simply saying they could of at least gave me a reach around ...

//Edit: By the way, G1's "version" looks better than yours.

No lol ... not even close

racerx582000

racerx582000

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 19-August 14

maybe they about to give you a reach around soon 

HimeKiwi

HimeKiwi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 20-September 13

Im not claiming copyright lmao, simply saying they could of at least gave me a reach around ...

No lol ... not even close

Stop being so arrogant and realise that you are just taking generic pictures of waterfront. Asking for "something" for this is so stupid.

Why did this need a thread?

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12

Stop being so arrogant and realise that you are just taking generic pictures of waterfront. Asking for "something" for this is so stupid.

Stop being so angry at life

Since a lot of us entered the art contest, and no one was declared a winner, and they basically stole my screen shots, I have a legitmate gripe here .
We spent hours taking screen shots and creating art for the contest and entering to win the prizes, not get ripped off .

Edited by Kahri, 03 January 2017 - 07:43 AM.

racerx582000

racerx582000

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 19-August 14

question is why do we need half the threads in the first place? he has a right to complain just like you have the same to complain to his comeplaining 

HimeKiwi

HimeKiwi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 20-September 13

Since a lot of us entered the art contest, and no one was declared a winner, and they basically stole my screen shots, I have a legitmate gripe here .
We spent hours taking screen shots and creating art for the contest and entering to win the prizes, not get ripped off .

"Stole"? What did they "steal"?

They took pictures of their own game. You have no ground to stand on here. Stop acting like you do.

The Peanut

The Peanut

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Don't forget to sue half the population if you ever make a photo of the Eiffel Tower or any other landmark!

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3772 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Really?  I've taken the same screenshots plenty of times as well from damn near the same angles.  These are all iconic locations of Waterfront, of course that's where they're gonna use screenshots from, not some back alleys that nobody knows exists.

(Personally I think G1's look better.  The night time screenshots in yours are a little too dark for my liking and they had theirs a little earlier in the day so everything has a little glow on it with a nice pink and orange sky.  The current night time in APB is just ugly.  The water especially looked better.)  

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 03 January 2017 - 08:02 AM.

gogol

gogol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3443 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

flattered off.

happy new year

hi i like purple im a vegan and i vape

WDYmX4i.png

4slot nascar)

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2919 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

flattered off.

happy new year

... or pissered.

Representing the tyranny of the lol.

Let's carnivalize our anger and remind ourselves of the civic threats of laughter.

Are you measuring yourself according to the right dystopia?

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12
Yeah, I have to say you kinda took pictures of some of the most common areas in the game.
Also, I have to agree that G1s look better.

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4217 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

Yeah, I have to say you kinda took pictures of some of the most common areas in the game.
Also, I have to agree that G1s look better.

I share this sentiment as well.

You're sounding really entitled here literally over nothing.  Stop.

Edited by mynd, 03 January 2017 - 08:21 AM.

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

They actually did chose pictures. One of them was mine, and I got a redeem code for it. Some G1C if I recall correctly.

Don't be salty because your generic waterfront pictures didn't make it.

Stop acting like your screenshots are art wonders that deserve to be displayed in a museum.

edUSqlQ.png

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14
Better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.
Right?

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1252 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16
These are the biggest landmarks in waterfront, which also differentiate the district from financial and asylum - of course everyone takes pictures of them

Tbh if someone was lazy enough to "steal" your photos, they would have just used the ones you took, since g1 owns the rights to them

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

vLm

vLm

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16
can we have a poll to take away Kahris posting permission?

slay it.

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1252 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16
First we need a poll to reinstate polls

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

darker

darker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 03-December 15

your screenshots are bad

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1858 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

you wish but no

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

Just a question..... how many screenshots did you have to sift through to find the ones similar to the four you settled on?

-ks-

-ks-

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11

Flattened as a flounder. 

Also, saying ur screens are better than g1s is like, ur opinion man. If someone says otherwise does not make them wrong. I like g1s screens in most cases here because of different lighting and stuff, its a good change for ones.

Rip killerskull and -killerskull- (Cumulative post count of 10k plus (not that it matters))

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5302 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

I've taken screenshots of those locations in waterfront years ago. Did I copy you too?

Knock it off. They didn't steal from you or do anything wrong. You are clearly looking to stir up trouble for the sake of it.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Memes

Memes

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
There are people so blind to this mommyty company. I can understand why you're upset, they gave you some mommyty contest nobody wins and uses the pictures you used.

Obviously you dont own them but you still took the time out to take those pictures and they use the similar ones without even announcing that you won or whoever

t00IYBIl.png

Union - NAMemes - Criminal | Shamundi - Enforcer | Synoko - Enforcer

Citadel - EUSynoko - Criminal

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1949 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

Oh well, if it makes you feel good thinking they copied you, then you should definitely keep thinking that... and feeling good. 

sig.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1368 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

I wish we had Fair Fight here on forums. But instead of banning hackers, it would be banning useless threads like this one.

For real. :doh1:

And G1 Screenshots look way better than yours anyway. kek

Edited by Poperon, 03 January 2017 - 10:46 AM.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12

Just a question..... how many screenshots did you have to sift through to find the ones similar to the four you settled on?

not sure I completely understand this question, but this is the FB picture thread I saw the pics in ...

https://www.facebook...?type=3

There are probably 40 screen shots in there tops ?
Wasnt like I had to search long and hard to find some pics that looked like the ones I took if you are insinuating I went digging to try and find something to complain about ...

They actually did chose pictures. One of them was mine, and I got a redeem code for it. Some G1C if I recall correctly.

I still have the link to the submission thread and you never even entered ... smh .

There are people so blind to this mommyty company. I can understand why you're upset, they gave you some mommyty contest nobody wins and uses the pictures you used.

Obviously you dont own them but you still took the time out to take those pictures and they use the similar ones without even announcing that you won or whoever

and that was basically my whole point , ty for getting / understanding it .

Edited by Kahri, 03 January 2017 - 10:48 AM.

HimeKiwi

HimeKiwi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 20-September 13

not sure I completely understand this question, but this is the FB picture thread I saw the pics in ...

https://www.facebook...?type=3

There are probably 40 screen shots in there tops ?
Wasnt like I had to search long and hard to find some pics that looked like the ones I took if you are insinuating I went digging to try and find something to complain about ...

fan group or some mommy, really reinforces your standpoint. 

I still have the link to the submission thread and you never even entered ... smh .

Please share it with us, oh wise one who seemingly cannot realise they're in the wrong.

Shrub

Shrub

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2078 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

As others have said  - maybe you'd have a right to be pissed off if you'd done something unique; pictures of those locations have been posted many times before and not just by you. They're not even that similar lol.

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

#BanKahri

#MakeTheForumsGreatAgain

Ia8NHrf.png

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12

last thing Im going to link / show ... look at the dates ... they took / posted "their" screen shots almost 6 months after mine ... smh 

FZa2NWu.jpg

Thank you to those who got, understood my point ... back under the bridge for the rest of you .

HimeKiwi

HimeKiwi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 20-September 13

last thing Im going to link / show ... look at the dates ... they took / posted "their" screen shots almost 6 months after mine ... smh 

Thank you to those who got, understood my point ... back under the bridge for the rest of you .

I want the gosh darning link, not a stupid patootie screenshot put together in paint, jfc

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2919 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

FZa2NWu.jpg

Hang on, let me see if I get this.

You are miffed that G1 has about 40 pictures on their webpage, and 4 of them somewhat resemble screenies you have taken, except the angles and distances to the objects are different?

Representing the tyranny of the lol.

Let's carnivalize our anger and remind ourselves of the civic threats of laughter.

Are you measuring yourself according to the right dystopia?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users