Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5273 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We pushed a release to the OTW server this morning:

• Made adjustments to the Christmas events based on feedback from the forums:
    • Completing Snowball Skirmish is now merely challenging instead of nearly impossible. This role now requires 4, 6, 8, and 10 kills in one match. Players who already managed to get these new amounts may need to participate one more time in order to get the rewards.
    • The version of CASE 'The Bolo' that is given out for free as part of the Christmas event now has preset mods in it.
    • Made it less likely for the same dynamic event to repeat itself.
  • Corrected the district requirements for updating roles when getting kills with the HoHoHOPGL.
  • Added missing names for several CASE weapon variant unlocks.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
So, The Bolo from contacts will have Piercing, HB3, 3PS3?

Edited by Ignas / qsn, 20 December 2016 - 12:03 PM.

I'm bad 24/7.

Caisey

Caisey

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 03-January 12

So, The Bolo from contacts will have Piercing, HB3, 3PS3.

Nothing like that.

Spoiler

Kinda wanna ask who is in charge of the preset mod setup this time. :blink:

EDIT: Ow yeah usable after you reached rank 195 :P

Edited by Caisey, 20 December 2016 - 12:07 PM.

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

those mods are honestly pretty bad

Mobility Sling is absolutely no good on the ALIG and Heavy Barrel 3 is just a hindrance

The Greatest / Best clan ever is now RECRUITING!

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

IS IT APRIL ALREADY?!?!?!

for real, are you just randomly putting mods on weapons now, or are you just doing this to troll the community?

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Mobility Sling, Tagger and HB3?

Are you dense, who made that decision?

Not only did you break the mod rule (2 of one color), you also made the worst choices possible.

Edited by ..GhosT, 20 December 2016 - 12:10 PM.

edUSqlQ.png

Cranberries

Cranberries

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 16-October 13
Mobility sling on ALIG ,are you kidding?

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

Not only did you break the mod rule (2 of one color), you also made the worst choices possible.

it would be even worse if they'd have modded high magnification scope instead of tagger :^)

BUT HEY, don't complain about free stuff, right?

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

Caisey

Caisey

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 03-January 12

IS IT APRIL ALREADY?!?!?!

You could say that.

Lets not hope they will put this joke on the live server.

I would go for the Bolo setup like it is in the Christmas event or make a normal setup.

Like HS3, MB and 3PS, MP3, EM3 or even Bandolier, but not this weird setup.

TheFreelancer

TheFreelancer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Joined 09-February 12
Lol dem mods

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2990 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

You could say that.

Lets not hope they will put this joke on the live server.

I would go for the Bolo setup like it is in the Christmas event or make a normal setup.

Like HS3, MB and 3PS, MP3, EM3 or even Bandolier, but not this weird setup.

The christmas event setup of the bolo is still not ideal

If this thread is being read by red names at all, I'm sure we could explain why the current one is.... far from ideal

Edited by Nitronik, 20 December 2016 - 01:03 PM.

The Greatest / Best clan ever is now RECRUITING!

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

Caisey

Caisey

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 03-January 12

The christmas event setup of the bolo is still not ideal

I know but I thought that is still better then the mods on that screenshot.

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2136 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13

How to make a weapon worse than stock, amazing  :troll_face:

Give me a Cookie <3

Caisey

Caisey

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 03-January 12

It's like they did put all mods in a Joker Mystery box and opened 3 boxes of them.

Maybe they really did that, who knows. <_<

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3902 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14
You should switch R195 mods at least or make it usable before that rank.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

You should switch R195 mods at least or make it usable before that rank.

Probably uses the R0 versions of the mods, so rank shouldn't be an issue at all.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

I'd like to write up a full review of the weapon modifications you have put preset in the CASE "The Bolo" that is available for winning after completing the achievement for the event.

In short, what you have done by putting these mods in the LMG is made it worse for its purpose than having an empty slotted Bolo. You have also gone against the weapon mod rule by having two mods of the same type (Purple) fitted in the gun. The other weapons in the game like this is the OCA-EW 626-SD "Silverado", which houses an SMG Silencer mod and Cooling Jacket 3 and the Stabba NL9 "Thor" and "Inazuma" variants, which have both Bandolier and Mag Pull

Before we delve into why two of the three mods put into this weapon are actually making the gun worse than better, I will first give an overview of the LMG class of weapons in the game.

Light Machine Guns

The LMGs in this game all follow a common theme, based on their design and follow an intended use. I would like to point out that this is not the only way to use them and some of them do differ slightly from this theme, but the general idea of LMGs follows this common theme.

Almost all LMGs in the game are best suited for holding the LMB down whilst standing still or crouching still and not worrying about accuracy loss. Instead, the idea is to suppress the enemy as much as possible by getting shots down range onto the target in fully automatic firing. There are one or two outliers in regards to this rule, due to how they are made, but the rest follow this rule.

This is shown by the LMGs reaching maximum bloom after the first or second shot almost instantly, but having a very low maximum bloom compared to their original accuracy, encouraging players not to tap fire or burst fire the LMGs too much and just go all out. 

The best example of this was the way the AMG-556 "Medusa" was created. The Unique modification REDUCES RECOIL THE LONGER YOU FIRE, further encouraging players not to bother with only throwing a few bullets down range, but the whole mag.

I feel (since at the start of the game the ALIG 762 and SHAW 556 were the only LMGs) this was the original idea and design intention of the LMGs as a whole: suppressive support weapons that can be deadly if you're caught in their line of fire for too long, but they're not the most accurate and can't really precisely hit you on a corner or behind some light cover.

The mods you have chosen for this weapon

In the case (no pun intended) of the CASE "The Bolo", which is a reskin/remesh/remodel of the ALIG 762 and thus uses its statisticss, it is designed for Anti-vehicle purposes, but can also kill enemies rather quickly if you can land the shots. Its maximum bloom compared to its minimum accuracy is not much different and thus promotes the use of holding the mouse button down and firing as many shots down range. Therefore, damage per shot is key and mobility is not really a concern. Furthermore, like the SHAW, the CASE has a severe movement penalty when equipped and its accuracy is very poor when in a standing position, promoting "turret" like gameplay where you set yourself up to ambush a player as they run into your line of sight, rather than hunt the player down yourself. 

In this regard, the gun plays a much more defensive role. Even with Car Spawner's introduction, ALIG/CASE users tend to either turret on the top of a car, or use an area they can suppress with safety without moving around as much as an AR user or CQC weapon user.

Mobility Sling

As mobility sling clearly states, it increases movement in marksmanship mode by 50cm/s at the downside of Increasing equip time by 15%

As a result, this is completely counter-intuitive for the ALIG/CASE, as you want to be able to equip the weapon as fast as possible and set yourself up. Given its inherent bad accuracy standing, you won't be walking in and out of cover quickly, not to mention its movement penalty as well (as aforementioned)

Heavy Barrel 3

Heavy Barrel reduces accuracy loss per shot by 15% at the cost of reducing damage per shot by 30% . This includes BOTH HARD AND SOFT DAMAGE (damage to players and vehicles).

This should be already obvious, but by reducing the damage output of the slow firing weapon whilst reducing its accuracy loss for a gun that reaches maximum bloom after its second shot is completely worthless. As a result, the weapon now suffers from less effective damage down range over time and to vehicles but will now reach maximum bloom after its 3rd shot.

I would implore you to not release these mods on this weapon as they will only make it worse than it currently is. Not only will it take longer to equip the weapon, it will also do less damage to anything it hits

My suggestion

I understand you may not want to put the most optimum setup in the weapon to promote people buying the open 3-slot CASE in the marketplace, but please don't put the worst possible mods in the gun. That will deter people wanting to even go for the reward.

Instead, I would recommend:

Improved Rifling 3 (For extra range for it at the cost of higher maximum bloom. It's a fair trade-off if you think about it)

Mag Pull 3 (25% reduced mag size - It starts at 75 but will have 56? with this equipped, but will have a much faster reload time, allowing players to get right back into suppression and getting shots down range. It will also reduce downtime when they need to quickly reload on the fly).

These may not be the best mods for the gun, but it gives a little variety to it, without sacrificing the effectiveness of the weapon.

Please consider this, or at least change the mods you have on it currently.

Edited by Kempington, 20 December 2016 - 06:03 PM.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Ketog

Ketog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Joined 30-November 14

Lmao those mods makes it bad in everything , by removing all the strong points CASE is just straight useless.

You were hoping APBDB to be updated right ? , sadly it didn't . But this exists now ! http://apbvault.net/ Get all the updated stats of any weapon you want !

Cranberries

Cranberries

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 16-October 13
Honestly you tried to do better but did even worse

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

I like how the bolo is usable from rank 195 only

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1949 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

Those mods are actually good for scoped jump-shooting with ALIG in CQC at long ranges.

If you have Valzipram Tablets equipped. Just takes a bit of practice.

Edited by Bambola, 21 December 2016 - 04:20 AM.

sig.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

Kell ✘❥

Kell ✘❥

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Joined 27-August 16

How to make a weapon worse than stock, amazing  :troll_face:

Thats what you'd expect when G1 decides to give out free stuff.

"Better make 'em so bad, that we won't feel bad about making it available for free" :troll_face:

Atta

Atta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 03-June 15

Why not put  5 mods?  :Ha Ha Ha:  :Ha Ha Ha:  :Ha Ha Ha:  :Ha Ha Ha:  :Ha Ha Ha:

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1368 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Man, the BOLO was mommy already, now it won't hit even if the person stands right in front of you.

AND, if you manage to hit the enemy, they won't die because of that HB3.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

At this point I'm questioning why they just didn't release it as an open 3 slot. They even advertised that you can get a NFCP 3 as event reward.

I mean, they did the same the previous two years.

Why do you have to go with presets, and why would you go with one of the worst mod setups you could think of.

edUSqlQ.png

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

No one even noticed the fact its restricted to rank 195 and higher

ilikecake

ilikecake

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11

Nothing like that.

Spoiler

Kinda wanna ask who is in charge of the preset mod setup this time. :blink:

EDIT: Ow yeah usable after you reached rank 195 :P

is this real. like, am i seeing things again. maybe i need better glasses or something but what the actual fack.

what did they do to decide on those mods?  did they close their eyes and just randomly clicked on a mod or what.

At this point I'd like to say i've seen everything g1 is capable of doing but they just never cease to amaze me.

I read hentai mangas for the storylines im srs.

darker

darker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 03-December 15

please dont change the mods, my playstyle with the alig involves me standing in marksman and strafing so mobility sling is great, i also love that hb3 makes it 6 shots to kill rather than 5 because im so good at the game

Synapze777

Synapze777

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 01-March 11

Sigh... who the gosh darn is in charge of this BOLO. Look BOLO up... you did an excellent job at it.

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

Not to mention it is restricted to R 195 

TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 08-March 15

I'm sure G1 is just trolling us and we'll get the REAL BOLO next week 

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

You really gotta get a member of staff that has actually played APB to pick out mods for guns we're supposed to play for. If you can't do that then just make it open slot, simple really.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

MonteJr

MonteJr

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5063 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

I'd like to write up a full review of the weapon modifications you have put preset in the CASE "The Bolo" that is available for winning after completing the achievement for the event.

In short, what you have done by putting these mods in the LMG is made it worse for its purpose than having an empty slotted Bolo. You have also gone against the weapon mod rule by having two mods of the same type (Purple) fitted in the gun. The other weapons in the game like this is the OCA-EW 626-SD "Silverado", which houses an SMG Silencer mod and Cooling Jacket 3 and the Stabba NL9 "Thor" and "Inazuma" variants, which have both Bandolier and Mag Pull.

Before we delve into why two of the three mods put into this weapon are actually making the gun worse than better, I will first give an overview of the LMG class of weapons in the game.

Light Machine Guns

The LMGs in this game all follow a common theme, based on their design and follow an intended use. I would like to point out that this is not the only way to use them and some of them do differ slightly from this theme, but the general idea of LMGs follows this common theme.

Almost all LMGs in the game are best suited for holding the LMB down whilst standing still or crouching still and not worrying about accuracy loss. Instead, the idea is to suppress the enemy as much as possible by getting shots down range onto the target in fully automatic firing. There are one or two outliers in regards to this rule, due to how they are made, but the rest follow this rule.

This is shown by the LMGs reaching maximum bloom after the first or second shot almost instantly, but having a very low maximum bloom compared to their original accuracy, encouraging players not to tap fire or burst fire the LMGs too much and just go all out.

The best example of this was the way the AMG-556 "Medusa" was created. The Unique modification REDUCES RECOIL THE LONGER YOU FIRE, further encouraging players not to bother with only throwing a few bullets down range, but the whole mag.

I feel (since at the start of the game the ALIG 762 and SHAW 556 were the only LMGs) this was the original idea and design intention of the LMGs as a whole: suppressive support weapons that can be deadly if you're caught in their line of fire for too long, but they're not the most accurate and can't really precisely hit you on a corner or behind some light cover.

The mods you have chosen for this weapon

In the case (no pun intended) of the CASE "The Bolo", which is a reskin/remesh/remodel of the ALIG 762 and thus uses its statisticss, it is designed for Anti-vehicle purposes, but can also kill enemies rather quickly if you can land the shots. Its maximum bloom compared to its minimum accuracy is not much different and thus promotes the use of holding the mouse button down and firing as many shots down range. Therefore, damage per shot is key and mobility is not really a concern. Furthermore, like the SHAW, the CASE has a severe movement penalty when equipped and its accuracy is very poor when in a standing position, promoting "turret" like gameplay where you set yourself up to ambush a player as they run into your line of sight, rather than hunt the player down yourself.

In this regard, the gun plays a much more defensive role. Even with Car Spawner's introduction, ALIG/CASE users tend to either turret on the top of a car, or use an area they can suppress with safety without moving around as much as an AR user or CQC weapon user.

Mobility Sling
As mobility sling clearly states, it increases movement in marksmanship mode by 50cm/s at the downside of Increasing equip time by 15%.
As a result, this is completely counter-intuitive for the ALIG/CASE, as you want to be able to equip the weapon as fast as possible and set yourself up. Given its inherent bad accuracy standing, you won't be walking in and out of cover quickly, not to mention its movement penalty as well (as aforementioned)

Heavy Barrel 3
Heavy Barrel reduces accuracy loss per shot by 15% at the cost of reducing damage per shot by 30% . This includes BOTH HARD AND SOFT DAMAGE (damage to players and vehicles).

This should be already obvious, but by reducing the damage output of the slow firing weapon whilst reducing its accuracy loss for a gun that reaches maximum bloom after its second shot is completely worthless. As a result, the weapon now suffers from less effective damage down range over time and to vehicles but will now reach maximum bloom after its 3rd shot.

I would implore you to not release these mods on this weapon as they will only make it worse than it currently is. Not only will it take longer to equip the weapon, it will also do less damage to anything it hits.

My suggestion

I understand you may not want to put the most optimum setup in the weapon to promote people buying the open 3-slot CASE in the marketplace, but please don't put the worst possible mods in the gun. That will deter people wanting to even go for the reward.

Instead, I would recommend:

Improved Rifling 3 (For extra range for it at the cost of higher maximum bloom. It's a fair trade-off if you think about it)

Mag Pull 3 (25% reduced mag size - It starts at 75 but will have 56? with this equipped, but will have a much faster reload time, allowing players to get right back into suppression and getting shots down range. It will also reduce downtime when they need to quickly reload on the fly).

These may not be the best mods for the gun, but it gives a little variety to it, without sacrificing the effectiveness of the weapon.

Please consider this, or at least change the mods you have on it currently.

Do say I love your breakdown and would agree
Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

MonteJr

MonteJr

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5063 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

Those mods are actually good for scoped jump-shooting with ALIG in CQC at long ranges.
If you have Valzipram Tablets equipped. Just takes a bit of practice.

I almost forgot that Val. Tablets were a thing. Haven't seen anyone use them in years
Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

Why not put 5 mods? :Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha: :Ha Ha Ha:

<Removed>

Edited by Yukate, 22 December 2016 - 03:37 PM.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

Sekor

Sekor

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts
  • Joined 30-November 14
Where do I even start?

Kemp already said most of what I already would've.

But here's my rant anyways.

You've increased the time to equip on a weapon that already has a long ttk without. An LMG is the literal opposite weapon to use mobility sling on. And now you've increased it's ttk further with HB3. But hey at least tagger is useful for showing your teammates that you tagged your enemy with one bullet that they've already healed from.

In case you still don't understand what it is you've created (this abomination shows you don't play the game), this is a heavy weapon that you're supposed to crouch with and use against vehicles. With these mods, it's accurate but lacking in damage (it's already slow to kill stock, even if you hit min ttk), so there goes it's AV capabilities. Mobility Sling is for a more mobile weapon category like assault rifles, as it increases marksmen movement speed (but remember this is a lmg that's not supposed to be moved with). Stay with me here, and for the final mod you've gone and put the filler mod known as 'tagger' on it. So now, in the event that you managed to land a shot (and if it appears, tagger sometimes doesn't), a nice yellow crosshair will now appear over your opponents head, that you can look while you die.

Come on RP, do you just have a board in your office with all the mods in the game, where you spin around in a circle with your eyes closed and then point to one? Seriously just take the the mods from the gungame variant and slap them on the bolo. Or revert it back to stock.

Edited by Sekor, 22 December 2016 - 10:29 PM.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."- Harvey Dent

I was once compared to Emcitement before her fall.

Halophile

Halophile

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 21-May 16

so two mods of the same color is now a thing? give me obeya with hs3, ir3 and cj2 please.

regarding the mods that were put inside the weapon, if this is how you try and dissipate the notion that people in charge of the game are anywhere higher than bronze, you're doing it entirely wrong. noone has ever been successful in any business without knowing their product.

literally there's one "must have" mod on all lmgs which is 3 point sling, most others are just pointless (tagger) or outright detrimental. mobility sling in particular is entirely asinine because going from snail strafing speed to turtle strafing speed is worthless to begin with, not to mention the equip time increase. basically kemp explained in detail what the issues with this mod setup are.

on another note though most premodded weapons that can be leased from contacts have ridiculous mods in them, especially the lmgs.

Citadel

m0j / Myrene

kRAs8Np.jpg

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1745 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

Might as well get use to it being useless. I mean it's better than the COBRA and they haven't fixed that or show any interest in it so these mods are here to stay.

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users