• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We're investigating some bans that have occurred during the Christmas Event (starting Wednesday and ending Sunday) for a false ban potential.  Once we have more information, we'll post an update to this thread. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1252 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16
Slightly worrying that the confirmed false bans are more frequent all the sudden

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4497 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

could it e due to  >"Error: Illegal location! Error updating member (cAPBPlayerController_1) in location outside grid: (0, 0)" this appears a lot after playing in beacon in the game logs

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Slightly worrying that the confirmed false bans are more frequent all the sudden

It doesn't take us over a year like PunkBuster to investigate. I know it may be concerning, but we're constantly monitoring FairFight and making changes to it and with the new event we want to make sure that nothing is causing a problem.  It could be nothing at all, but we're looking into it to be sure. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

jessicaW

jessicaW

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 23-December 14

We're investigating some bans that have occurred during the Christmas Event (starting Wednesday and ending Sunday) for a false ban potential. Once we have more information, we'll post an update to this thread.

Oh thougjt you said ff was flawless? If your getting false bans all of a sudden them you guys changed something?
Thought the rule in life was if its not broken dont try to fix it??? You are messing peoples game time up and you think a pidy forum appolagy is suficcient of been labeled scum of pc gamig???

jessicaW

jessicaW

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 23-December 14
You should appolagise to all the people you emailed saying they were unbanned but didnt get an unban at all...

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Oh thougjt you said ff was flawless? If your getting false bans all of a sudden them you guys changed something?
Thought the rule in life was if its not broken dont try to fix it??? You are messing peoples game time up and you think a pidy forum appolagy is suficcient of been labeled scum of pc gamig???

We knew going automated would have the possibility for false positives and mentioned it in some threads.  Would you rather us not disclose when we're looking into the possibility of a problem? This could turn out to be nothing at all and the bans remain.   If they get the bans reversed and return to the game that should be enough for others to realize that they weren't cheating.   There is always going to be a catch 22, players wanted automation and we implemented it. 

jessicaW

jessicaW

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 23-December 14
Automation with a flawed system will never work how you expect,
You go on holiday and your family member plays account or you let someone play it and they suck, they suck all week and you come back and do well, guess what your banned because g1 like many companies cant combat cheats lol...
Stop wasting time on ff and leave it how it is, put your time into new methods of cheat detection,
Turn on the player record and 5second rewind of killers view angle recording of the kill, hell any progress is better than none,
Or even set everyone as dead once they spawn to mess the aimbots and such to lock on to dead people and such to find them quicker...

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1858 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

obviously it was flawless untill it was proven different

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1858 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Automation with a flawed system will never work how you expect,
You go on holiday and your family member plays account or you let someone play it and they suck, they suck all week and you come back and do well, guess what your banned because g1 like many companies cant combat cheats lol...
Stop wasting time on ff and leave it how it is, put your time into new methods of cheat detection,
Turn on the player record and 5second rewind of killers view angle recording of the kill, hell any progress is better than none,
Or even set everyone as dead once they spawn to mess the aimbots and such to lock on to dead people and such to find them quicker...

That's pure bs. I have days when I play like green for whatever reason then I have days when I simply play like gold 10 and I have yet to get banned.

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1252 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

It doesn't take us over a year like PunkBuster to investigate. I know it may be concerning, but we're constantly monitoring FairFight and making changes to it and with the new event we want to make sure that nothing is causing a problem. It could be nothing at all, but we're looking into it to be sure.

Good to know you guys are keeping a close eye on ff even tho it's automated

Communication is good

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

PancakePower

PancakePower

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

Thanks for looking into it, sorry for the 15  support tickets. :D

You're a weenie.

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

inb4 people get unbanned and the wave of butthurt silvers storm the forums

Ia8NHrf.png

Mod Squad 76

Mod Squad 76

Reloaded Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 01-August 16

Discussing staff action against accounts and ban appeals are a violation of the Community Guidelines.

As Tiggs mentioned, the team is looking into a possible issue with the detection algorithm.

This is not an invitation for you all to appeal every ban you can pull out of thin air.

The forums is not the place for that and in such cases the owner of the account in question will have to discuss it with customer support, not the Community Forums.

Comprende?

Carry on.

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

"everyone's a cheater unless it's me or my friend xDDDDDDDDDDD"

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

xertioN

xertioN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 15-July 15

inb4 people get unbanned and the wave of butthurt silvers storm the forums

What are you talking about? That already happened with the PB unbans... Its still going on.. cmon du

AMG, 3K

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1252 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

So if you didnt get banned then that proves ff doesnt work, its supposed to calculate things and it would see you playing above your normal rate of (useless)
You just proved it doesnt work...
Well all this cheating got out of hand since pb many years ago stopped agressive scanning of cheats due to people using irc to send stuff to get innocent people banned...

OR it just proves that FF is good enough to tell whether he exceeded his normal human gameplay

Tbh you seem excessively salty over a ban in a video game, it's really not that big of a deal

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

There has been unusual bans like this, since the start of November. Do you think the same algorithm or rule set that caused these bans during the Christmas event would've caused bans like this before the event happened?

x0sqco.jpg

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

@Tiggs & Team:

Thank you for double checking.

Keeping the game cheater-free is essential, but we need to keep as many veteran players as possible.

For every player falsely banned, there's a tiny community of 2-5 players who might stop playing entirely.

Message to anyone who might get falsely banned: Do not give in to the frustration & start rage-cheating. You'll just permanently cripple yourself.

Edited by Talla, 19 December 2016 - 06:01 PM.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4497 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

That's pure bs. I have days when I play like green for whatever reason then I have days when I simply play like gold 10 and I have yet to get banned.

Same all depends on the day ,mood and way MM goes

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

There has been unusual bans like this, since the start of November. Do you think the same algorithm or rule set that caused these bans during the Christmas event would've caused bans like this before the event happened?

No, we've been monitoring during this time. We would have spotted something already for that long ago. 

afk

afk

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4188 posts
  • Joined 14-February 14

"everyone's a cheater unless it's me or my friend xDDDDDDDDDDD"

There is nothing more frightening than a man who has nothing to lose.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

On good faith, we're removing the bans that are related to one rule set while it's investigated further.  This does not mean the person wasn't cheating and it doesn't mean they were. It means exactly as stated, while we're investigating we're removing the bans with a particular rule-set and the rule-set will remain disabled until the investigation is complete (the rule-set was disabled Saturday).  We'll be emailing those that the ban was lifted from the accounts. 

This isn't a call for everyone to email support about their ban. We know who is related to the rule set and it's only for particular bans from Wednesday through Sunday. 

PancakePower

PancakePower

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

On good faith, we're removing the bans that are related to one rule set while it's investigated further.  This does not mean the person wasn't cheating and it doesn't mean they were. It means exactly as stated, while we're investigating we're removing the bans with a particular rule-set and the rule-set will remain disabled until the investigation is complete (the rule-set was disabled Saturday).  We'll be emailing those that the ban was lifted from the accounts. 

This isn't a call for everyone to email support about their ban. We know who is related to the rule set and it's only for particular bans from Wednesday through Sunday. 

<3

EDIT: Any ETA on this? :v

Edited by PancakePower, 19 December 2016 - 05:57 PM.

You're a weenie.

R0CKY

R0CKY

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 28-October 16

You think these were the only false bans that happened lol ?

Takotak

Takotak

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 30-October 14

I did manage to get false-banned, then unbanned, then re-false-banned, what am I exactly? I should really stop playing this game

Takotak 1472266581-enforcer-gold-250.png  Citadel EU.

Zakotak 1472266837-criminal-gold-200.png  Citadel EU.

Nakotak 1472266837-criminal-gold-090.png  Citadel EU.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

You think these were the only false bans that happened lol ?

Yes, at this time we do. We've not seen any other indications of rule-set issues.  

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5302 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

The fact this is being publicly aknowledged and investigated openly is rather reassuring. Not to mention that they are erring on the side of caution to further mitigate the potential problem. Which Tiggs already stated doesn't mean they are getting away with cheating. If they don't find anything they are gone.

I appreciate this type of thing. Please do more stuff like this.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

No, we've been monitoring during this time. We would have spotted something already for that long ago. 

Ok thanks for the update. I was just confused because there has been bans like this around the start of November. Hopefully there will be an investigation around that time but if it's only for Wensday- Sunday I suppose that's ok too.

x0sqco.jpg

Ryuuuzaki

Ryuuuzaki

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-November 16

I was just confused because there has been bans like this around the start of November. 

Yep i think there's a false ban too in November. I just feel bad for them.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

<3

EDIT: Any ETA on this? :v

The bans were already reversed and emails are going out now.   

There are 63 accounts involved with the ban reversal.  

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Yep i think there's a false ban too in November. I just feel bad for them.

Feel free to list some names (with server) in one post and i'll look in on those if I can get time.  I'm stating "IF" only because we've already gone through and checked on November and there were no discrepancies and I'm pretty busy juggling 100 other tasks right now :P 

Vanille

Vanille

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4104 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12

I don't know if you guys understand, but this isn't really a discussion thread. It's a thread informing you about something that's happening. Are you complaining about being informed?

Kimichi

Kimichi

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 27-April 11

A false ban can easily ruin someone's reputation. Is there going to be any announcement in game about this? I understand you saying that the person getting their account back should be an indicator that they were falsely banned, but that really isn't how the community seems to process it. An announcement in game will reach more players than a forum post.

Kimichi - Minichi
Colby (West NA)
Posted Image

gogol

gogol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3443 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

im proud of you, babe. keep up the good work <3

hi i like purple im a vegan and i vape

WDYmX4i.png

4slot nascar)

Harleyquinzel03

Harleyquinzel03

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 15-October 16

Feel free to list some names (with server) in one post and i'll look in on those if I can get time.  I'm stating "IF" only because we've already gone through and checked on November and there were no discrepancies and I'm pretty busy juggling 100 other tasks right now :P

iPadz from HAN,

He got banned around november, not sure when. He already send tix support but getting copy paste reply.

Teliss

Teliss

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 13-August 14
"FairFight : you are being watched by an admin"
I play like a bronze when I see this message... Why? Because you can to be fairfight without cheat on this game \o/

meow :3

___

949058TiggsThinkCheatProblem2.jpg LOL

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

Pretty sure there have been discrepancies since the system was implemented; my 2c anyways...

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5275 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

iPadz from HAN,

He got banned around november, not sure when. He already send tix support but getting copy paste reply.

So it's purely selfish reasons and nothing to do with others. 

"FairFight : you are being watched by an admin"
I play like a bronze when I see this message... Why? Because you can to be fairfight without cheat on this game \o/

If you're being watched, there is a good reason for it. 

Pretty sure there have been discrepancies since the system was implemented; my 2c anyways...

You're allowed your .02 and we're constantly monitoring to make sure we see discrepancies. 

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

A false ban can easily ruin someone's reputation. Is there going to be any announcement in game about this? I understand you saying that the person getting their account back should be an indicator that they were falsely banned, but that really isn't how the community seems to process it. An announcement in game will reach more players than a forum post.

Meh the people with brains would understand and acknowledge it as being a false ban. The people who would continue to think they cheat would've done that without the ban anyways. 

Edited by :^), 19 December 2016 - 06:38 PM.

Ia8NHrf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users