Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1997 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Hello,

I don't usually start threads, but I felt this was necessary to bring up, as I feel that the purpose of OTW has been missed entirely.

I am hoping that this was simply just bad timing this time around and that it will hopefully not happen again, but providing only a day to properly test the christmas patch on OTW before it goes live next day is completely pointless, for the most part.

Why?

Unless you spend the whole day watching the OTW bug reports forum, there will be no way for you to actually acknowledge the bug reports made in time before the build hits the live servers and you are swamped with various potential bugs that either ruin the polish of the patch, or may contain a game breaking bug.

Need I remind you of 1.16?

Nonetheless, considering what bugs have already been posted today (one of which I think is laziness on your part and could've been done a lot better: http://forums.gamers...e-dumptrucks/),it just shows that there are problems with this patch already that do need looking into before tomorrow. There might be even more issues in the patch, but the active members who are willing to help spot these issues for you before they go live have no had enough time to properly comb through this patch to make sure it's as good as it can be.

I would urge you to give OTW the build weeks in advance to ensure proper testing of the patches before they go live. There are plenty of people here willing to help, but one day just isn't enough.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14952 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I fully agree.

They completely missed the point of OTW.

OTW patches are supposed to come out weeks if not months earlier, so everyone has time to report bugs and the team has time to fix them.

Releasing the patch for one day on OTW and launching the exact same build on LIVE the next day isn't right...

Edited by ..GhosT, 14 December 2016 - 01:30 PM.

edUSqlQ.png

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5400 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Typically we don't push a patch out the day before release, it was something that couldn't be avoided. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Nabuh

Nabuh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Joined 14-September 11

Couldn't you at least postpone the Live patch by a week so the testers actually have a bit of time to test out the OTW version first?

Nabuh/Nabuhris | Enf/Crim | 255/100+ | Gold | Citadel

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7175 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Typically we don't push a patch out the day before release, it was something that couldn't be avoided. 

Why, if you don't mind telling us?

It's already live and is probably the most broken patch yet from what I've seen.  At the time of my post anyways.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Shenz

Shenz

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 13-March 15

It is really ridiculous

the patch was released way to late.  We didn't get time to do any testing.  I don't care if you want to make a request for a change but delaying the Beta Testing doesn't help the Main Server players 

I expect to see better results in 2017

Enforcers - CelesteDragon (224)

Criminals - ShinraStrife (255)

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1997 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Bumping because it's happened again.

You pushed an update to OTW supposedly a day before it went live, when we've clearly brought up something that needs to be addressed, which are the mods on the Case "The Bolo" that you win from the event...

...and it's already on live.

I understand it's the holiday season etc etc, but couldn't this all have been tested way earlier and done in segments? The bits such as the dump trucks and whatnot could've been left out (as well as the tin foil hat) so you could test the core event mechanics and also make sure the rewards are well thought out and not haphazardly thrown together (like they really feel like they have been).

Please, there are still several people here who want to help make this game better and are willing to provide suggestions to help you out and yet it feels like they're being completely ignored or acknowledged then not even attempted.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4435 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Bumping because it's happened again.

You pushed an update to OTW supposedly a day before it went live, when we've clearly brought up something that needs to be addressed, which are the mods on the Case "The Bolo" that you win from the event...

...and it's already on live.

I understand it's the holiday season etc etc, but couldn't this all have been tested way earlier and done in segments? The bits such as the dump trucks and whatnot could've been left out (as well as the tin foil hat) so you could test the core event mechanics and also make sure the rewards are well thought out and not haphazardly thrown together (like they really feel like they have been).

Please, there are still several people here who want to help make this game better and are willing to provide suggestions to help you out and yet it feels like they're being completely ignored or acknowledged then not even attempted.

Not to mention it says need to be rank 195 to use due to the pre-set mods

Edited by SixxstagesofMajik, 21 December 2016 - 05:08 PM.

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Not to mention it says need to be rank 195 to use due to the pre-set mods

Even with its Crude and useless mod i thought they would have at least given us piercing mod  (a no slot gun would have been better.)

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14952 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Even with its Crude and useless mod i thought they would have at least given us piercing mod  (a no slot gun would have been better.)

Piercing completely ruins the ALIG/CASE though.

edUSqlQ.png

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Why i think the CASE 'The Bolo' Should either be 0 slot or remove the preset mods.

Your more likely to destroy the cover before you kill a moving target behind cover and you have almost half the damage against cars (and 1 more shot to kill people)

Whats wrong with each mod.

fnmod_weapon_tagger.png

Tagger doesn't work on cars and thats the whole purpose of the weapon "...This Colby Light-Machine Gun is designed to quickly and effectively stop light vehicles"  Which brings me to the next mod which defeats the purpose of the weapon.

fnmod_weapon_heavybarrel3.png

Its for those who want to tap fire a alig But why even tap fire it instead of useing  N-SSW 74 LMG which is designed for that. 

It Reduces damage overall not just hard damage you lose 30% which equals another shot to kill if your tap firing (which seems counter productive)

So if your actually useing it against cars which its created for , it takes longer to destroy a car not to mention kill anyone.

fnmod_weapon_mobilitysling.png

Sure its another gun that can use 2 same colour mods but why not Bandolier 3 and Extended Mag 3 that would be interesting. 

Mobility Sling is completely useless as , if you move even when crouching your aim is worse then a jumping star 556 which makes no sense.

Its supposedly supposed to be a accurate corner popping lmg with its heavy barrel 3 and tagger Yet the sling seems to defeat that purpose entirely.

Now this might seem like a conspiracy but they added these obviously useless mods and then the Case 3 slot was put on armas? incentive to buy p2w version and spit in the face of the people that worked had to get it?.

Heres what i would prefer in terms of mods 

fnmod_weapon_bandolier3.png = More ammo good for long term car destroying.

fnmod_weapon_extendedmagazine3.png= Almost 100 bullets of car destruction (97) and 5 second reload which is quite alot.

fnmod_weapon_rifling3.png = Harder hitting rounds at those pesky Cars fleeing with slightly bigger bloom

either that or 0 slot. Did i mention the mods on the current preset case the bolo mean you cant even use the lmg till your rank 195?

Edited by Zolerox, 30 December 2016 - 01:59 AM.

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1997 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Bumping this again, as this most recent patch has clearly shown you following the exact same problem again.

There was not enough time to test all the assets of the new patch as they were only available on Monday, to which various players managed to find a plethora of bugs on the first day.

We received no further patch showing that this was fixed but were simply informed that it "should be".

This is no fault of aphadon or androvald, but the absolute abysmal management of this test world and no improvement to the management of said group has been evident since the last time I mentioned this.

I would strongly urge you to give OTW more time to test patches and quick patch fixes that resolve some of the issues that have been found in the intial OTW build that was released, lest you may run into the same problems you are experiencing ON LIVE presently.

I'm sorry, but this is extremely sloppy and has been since it was opened to all premium players. Players are paying you money to get premium and also test your game for you and you don't even give them the light of day to do it enough to make sure that when the patch goes out live it's as immaculate as it can be.

I hope you can understand my frustration and what I'm sure a lot of other players here's frustrations are with this.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3867 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

-snip-

Sorry lad, ran out of likes for today.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

MonteJr

MonteJr

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5062 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

We need patches atleast 1 or 2 weeks minimum before release WITH a Dev/GM Meet-Up test day to address any questions/concerns, etc.

Having a member of the team scheduled to come on and assist in a playthrough could also attract members more than some rando like myself saying "Hey lets all group up."

Putting these patches out days before release gives the impression that feedback is ignored, and only that severe major issues will be taken into consideration, while balances and other things feel swept under the rug

Edited by MonteJr, 25 January 2017 - 01:51 PM.

Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

Keshi

Keshi

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • Joined 30-September 15

why cant the testers test the engine upgrade on OTW tho

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1997 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Since it is not ready for testing on PC, I believe they are still waiting for Sony to approve the ps4 build before they start, not to mention the innova merge..

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14952 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Because it's hidden from the public PC community until both console versions are out.

SPCTs already had access to an engine upgrade build though.

edUSqlQ.png

Keshi

Keshi

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • Joined 30-September 15

Because it's hidden from the public PC community until both console versions are out.

SPCTs already had access to an engine upgrade build though.

It sucks really bad that they cant share any news with us who are """""still waiting with little hope""""" on the engine or let us try it on the OTW for atleast 1 week.

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

:^)

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

It sucks really bad that they cant share any news with us who are """""still waiting with little hope""""" on the engine or let us try it on the OTW for atleast 1 week.

You cant try it because its not finished :), Exhibit A: DayZ Standalone player movement update.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3706 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

You cant try it because its not finished :), Exhibit A: DayZ Standalone player movement update.

What the hell does DayZ have to do with APB?

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

What the hell does DayZ have to do with APB?

They're both unfinished and at this rate never will be.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users