MrKindlyCat

MrKindlyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

Hi

I just want to inform and it will be an advice to G1 and other game developers to speak with their own government about an act...

The parliament of South Korea wrote an act when hackers and sellers of hacks, scripts and other programs what are restricted for using by game developers will face 5 years prison or a fine 43 k dollars... so I think this is very good news and you should make with other companies an offer to government to create the same act in your country coz you have a good reason for it you loose money and players because of cheaters, hackers and sellers of hacks.

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12
I personally think the less jurisdiction the government has over the internet, the better.

Especially if the government in question is like the United States, and bans things for no reason because it looks scary. (Butterfly knives, Mystery eggs, nunchuks, medieval flails, gay people from supermarkets in North Carolina, Mexicans and Muslims(soon), etc...)

Edited by StunStick, 05 December 2016 - 05:19 AM.

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
Film and VerreckDuSau would sit in electric chair?

I'm bad 24/7.

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

trump pls make video games great again 

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3816 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I agree with StunStick, plus those consequences are a bit excessive.  $300 fine max maybe... but 5 years in prison or a $43,000 fine? That's way too much of a punishment for a dumb kid that's bad at a video game.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 05 December 2016 - 07:57 AM.

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14
I think this bill could be passed, but it must be done properly. Like allowing game hacking and reverse engineering (the law that forbid people to reverse engineer was lifted a while back) without punishment for the sake of progress and not for personal gain. But please don't forget that this will only apply to the United States, people from other countries will cheat away without consequence.

Mexicans and Muslims(soon), etc.

Are you making a bad joke, ill informed or is that Tumblr of brain disease?

RiotCop (Enf) - From Citadel with love.

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12

I think this bill could be passed, but it must be done properly. Like allowing game hacking and reverse engineering (the law that forbid people to reverse engineer was lifted a while back) without punishment for the sake of progress and not for personal gain. But please don't forget that this will only apply to the United States, people from other countries will cheat away without consequence.

Are you making a bad joke, ill informed or is that Tumblr of brain disease?

I'm just pointing out bans in the United States that are illogical and based on misconception. Those two were added based on the results of the election in the United States. Whether it's a joke or not depends on your political leaning, and rather then get into an argument about which political party is better, (by the way, they are both equally demented) let's just end it there.

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

I agree with StunStick, plus those consequences are a bit excessive.  $300 fine max maybe... but 5 years in prison or a $43,000 fine? That's way too much of a punishment for a dumb kid that's bad at a video game.

we do not negotiate with terrorists 

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

[1] and [2] would sit in electric chair?

Name and shame.
But 2 lives in Germany, no death penalty here.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

I know what fairfight exactly does i was just trying to make it look like sh*t cause i dont like it

APB Community in a nutshell. And here I am wondering why "post-truth" became the word of 2016.

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

I'm just pointing out bans in the United States that are illogical and based on misconception. Those two were added based on the results of the election in the United States. Whether it's a joke or not depends on your political leaning, and rather then get into an argument about which political party is better, (by the way, they are both equally demented) let's just end it there.

I'll just leave it here, "illegal."

I L L E G A L

L

L

E
G
A
L

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Its just a game...

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

Gangbang

Gangbang

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 06-February 16
But bans for no reason still exist

IViosI

IViosI

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Joined 21-April 13

Get over yourself. You really think someone deserves prison time for ruining that one hour you wasted playing a video game?

At most, a fine would be the biggest penalty, with a ban being the minimum.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3816 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Its just a game...

A game that affects the real world income of real people.  If the cheater problem gets worse, more people leave, less income for G1, more people need to be fired to compensate for the inability to pay their employees.  Just gotta keep in mind that people's jobs and well-being depend on this game.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 05 December 2016 - 09:31 AM.

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12

I'll just leave it here, "illegal."
I L L E G A L
L
L
E
G
A
L

Like I said, I'm not going to argue with you. No reason to start an irrational debate.

vLm

vLm

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16
Mr. KindlyCat - quality at it's best.
pretty fitting slogan don't you think?

Edited by fictional, 05 December 2016 - 11:55 AM.

slay it.

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

Its just a game...

its not just a game anymore when streaming and playing video games is now a viable career 

as well as companys possibly losing revenue from existing and future customers if the game has a lot of cheaters 

Edited by Only Good At ERPvP, 05 December 2016 - 10:01 AM.

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

Mitne

Mitne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Joined 07-January 13

We both know that by now ban itself wasn't even treated like real punishment... but more like reputation boost. Some don't mind having bad reputation over good, for some reputation is just reputation.

So whole problem of cheaters is actually existing because of lack of real sanctions. Real punishment for what you did.

But 5 years in prison?! Jesus. Make it week, they will already feel sorry... I know what type of persons use hacks.

enforcer_gold_250.png

Mitne

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9558 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

While i don't like the idea of making a living out of making cheats for video-games (and then leading to the current natural progress of mmos), that is just way too radical to be acceptable.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

But bans for no reason still exist

There has to be some blatant evidence against you in order to imprison you.

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1949 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13
Hacking and cheating in an online game isn't the same thing.

sig.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16
Good luck getting that law thru Congress lol

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Alk

Alk

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Joined 11-March 14

Wasn't the President of South Korea taking advices from a shaman?

Much wiseness such government

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

Wasn't the President of South Korea taking advices from a shaman?

Much wiseness such government

We've got Trump and Hilary though. :^)

Edit: Well not me, we've got those incredible European progressive politicians.

Edited by Mr. Obeya, 05 December 2016 - 10:50 AM.

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

A game that affects the real world income of real people.  If the cheater problem gets worse, more people leave, less income for G1, more people need to be fired to compensate for the inability to pay their employees.  Just gotta keep in mind that people's jobs and well-being depend on this game.

I guess people dont see sarcasm here.

I will draw it out for you:

"Its just a game" is commonly used when people complain about issues in game, cheaters, losing due to unfair and cheap tricks, or game being p2w to spice the conversation up and make someone angry. This is another one of those cases...

Edited by Snake Eyes, 05 December 2016 - 11:03 AM.

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

IViosI

IViosI

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Joined 21-April 13

Well not me, we've got those incredible European progressive politicians.

Not enough of them.

Ƀяаԍԍ

Ƀяаԍԍ

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • Joined 06-June 13

If anything, it is more of a civil issue than a criminal issue, in American law. I could see president set by courts for suing people or groups that develop and/or spread programs that interference with a companies business in a negative manner. They could open civil suits an get damages back including, but not limited item to cost of maintaining and anticheat and labor fees of employees assigned to deal with said problems.

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 11-October 16

Where could i apply for my false bans ? -Film

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

Internal policing by Gamers First and any third party involved is sufficient.

Let us not encourage a already bloated government(s) to involve itself with more bureaucracy and regulations

I am speaking to the cheating aspect to this conversation, not the hacking of peoples information for malicious purposes.

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but making something illegal doesn't really stop it. 

I do think this is a bit excessive though. 

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

Melville

Melville

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Joined 04-December 15

I personally think the less jurisdiction the government has over the internet, the better.

Especially if the government in question is like the United States, and bans things for no reason because it looks scary. (Butterfly knives, Mystery eggs, nunchuks, medieval flails, gay people from supermarkets in North Carolina, Mexicans and Muslims(soon), etc...)

I love you.

Melville

Melville

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Joined 04-December 15

Name and shame.
But 2 lives in Germany, no death penalty here.

Let's be honest, looking like him is already enough of a penalty.

MartisLTU

MartisLTU

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

Well i heard that one Japan game company sue few cheaters and win case. But i cant imagine mad cheating kiddos sitting in same jail with killers.

But would be nice if cheaters and hacker would get punishment... would be nice to see kiddos faces when parents gets bill just because their child was using cheats.

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

You can piss right the f*ck off.

The last thing we need is our government putting people in prison for hacking in a game. Do you want them to start imprisoning people who hurt your fee-fees too? 

Edited by SamK, 05 December 2016 - 02:47 PM.

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Let's be honest, looking like him is already enough of a penalty.

Fun fact: He is actually some super hardcore redneck farmer-idiot irl. You can see it on a few videos of his YT-channel, he even lives in an old run down redneck house and he does redneck mommy like riding around on pocketbikes in their yards and getting all exited when the engine howls up.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

I know what fairfight exactly does i was just trying to make it look like sh*t cause i dont like it

APB Community in a nutshell. And here I am wondering why "post-truth" became the word of 2016.

Contacts <Jericho>

Contacts <Jericho>

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 01-May 16

Interesting topic. Considering that cheating at cards in Vegas will get you locked up and fined I don't see how this is unreasonable. You can say, it's just a game, so is poker... Then you can say, but poker is for real money, it's gambling... So is buying Joker Mystery boxes and G1 makes real money off of us players. Cheating effects their bottom dollar so yes, I feel that in retrospect, it should be illegal and there should be legal consequences for doing it. There is money involved and therefor an effect on the economy. Technically, it's a form of psychological terrorism.

However, those consequences listed are a bit extreme. Any cheater that spends 30 days in county jail won't be so quick to do it again. 30 days in county for a first offender would be more then enough with more extreme consequences for multiple offenders. Ever been to county? I have... spent a few days in there for public intox.. it's freaking boring as all hell.

Edited by Contacts <Jericho>, 06 December 2016 - 08:07 AM.

dryzheL

dryzheL

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 22-November 16

First of all, It's just a game we don't need any jurisdiction system over the game but what we need to have is a lil bit harder anticheat which currently we don't have, the thing is that we can all agree that G1 doesn't give a gosh darn about the cheaters, and what else they still don't give a gosh darn on how they're gonna improve the game ,so basically you can still dream on whatever you want, and the game state will stay like this perma.

ManiVII

ManiVII

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1443 posts
  • Joined 03-September 12

gamer police team , only for catch cheaters in the real life

Obeya EU1: ManiV - Enforcer   

I want the old APB theme to be played at my funeral. And I want someone in the corner shouting JOKER AMMO!!! every time some one walks past. .- AsgerLund

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9558 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

You can piss right the f*ck off.

The last thing we need is our government putting people in prison for hacking in a game. Do you want them to start imprisoning people who hurt your fee-fees too? 

that's it, i am sending you to the shadow relm 4 hurting my feelings online!!

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2472 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

Get over yourself. You really think someone deserves prison time for ruining that one hour you wasted playing a video game?
At most, a fine would be the biggest penalty, with a ban being the minimum.

Spoken like a true cheater! It isn't about wrecking one hour of a single persons time. But then cheaters are too self centred and egotistical to consider the wider implications of their selfishness.

Edited by Vipertechs, 25 December 2016 - 12:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users