237 replies to this topic

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4436 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

I know this is just a bait, but I'll take it.

No this is a clickbait

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

punkbuster will also redirect you to your specific game's devs, theres no actual support function
Not according to this thread with an admin response https://battlelog.ba...64759480346369/
Though I admit, its pretty old.

i'd say that less than 100 false positives out of a 13,000 sample is pretty good
Indeed. But false positives still exist. Some may be overlooked, but that's a baseless statement for now. All I know is that nobody but them would know that. I bet that FF will become less effective and more prone to false-bans as its user-base increases. Punkbuster was pretty good at its beginning times. That's why customer support should be well prepared to review ban cases.

not sure what you mean by "several threads of false-bans for bf4" (are these official ban repeal threads, or just people claiming to be falsely banned), but i'd bet they have about the same ratio as we do
I mean simple threads in no specific forum section dedicated to ban appeals. I don't think I ever heard of a game with a forum section dedicated to that. Doesn't make them less credible. It is what people would do if the customer support is ignoring them and there is no specific forum section dedicated to ban appeals. Mind that I'm not claiming their bans were legitimately false, because I haven't checked if they got reviewed on the forums. Doubt we can find out. Doesn't mean it is fake if we can't find out.

ff doesn't ban for programs, so I doubt it will go awry nearly as often as a traditional anticheat

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Hgrunt

Hgrunt

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 11-November 16

ff doesn't ban for programs, so I doubt it will go awry nearly as often as a traditional anticheat

I don't know that. How do you know that?

And wouldn't it depend on the program? If it was harmful for instance?

Even if not harmful, there were several cases before where harmless programs were false-flagged.

Edited by Hgrunt, 18 November 2016 - 11:31 PM.

S3J7gQ5.jpg

Hazardous Environment Combat Unit

antis0ciable

antis0ciable

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 08-November 16

Tiggs, 

My account has been released, but when I enter the districts I am banned again. "Kicked FairFight", can you help me with this?

Ps: I received the e-mail from the posting and the 30 days premium;)

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

I don't know that. How do you know that?
And wouldn't it depend on the program? If it was harmful for instance?
Even if not harmful, there were several cases before where harmless programs were false-flagged.

Because ff isn't a traditional anticheat that detects programs, it's a server side program that analyzes behavior and stat patterns

R0CKY

R0CKY

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 28-October 16

Am I the only one that has not been unbanned :(

vLm

vLm

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16

Am I the only one that has not been unbanned :(

no, approximately 6984 other accounts aren't unbanned

slay it.

Hgrunt

Hgrunt

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 11-November 16

Because ff isn't a traditional anticheat that detects programs, it's a server side program that analyzes behavior and stat patterns

I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional anti-cheat".

Any anti-cheat is not that simplistic. There are many many ways to hack and cheat without any program. I believe every anti-cheat analyzes behavior and stat patterns. How effective it is depends on its programming and how well it has been adjusted for the game its used for. I know VAC works like that. Would be surprised if PunkBuster didn't work like that.

Edited by Hgrunt, 19 November 2016 - 02:52 PM.

S3J7gQ5.jpg

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6806 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Any anti-cheat is not that simplistic. There are many many ways to hack and cheat without any program. I believe every anti-cheat analyzes behavior and stat patterns. How effective it is depends on its programming and how well it has been adjusted for the game its used for. I know VAC works like that. Would be surprised if PunkBuster didn't work like that.

Be surprised then:

"PunkBuster is a computer program that is designed to detect software used for cheating in online games. It does this by scanning the memory contents of the local machine. A computer identified as using cheats may be banned from connecting to protected servers." ~Wikipedia

I've never heard of PB doing anything besides searching memory, which is why it's ultimately not extremely effective, especially if a company doesn't keep up with it and actively work with Even Balance.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

VAC doesn't work like that, AFAIK no other anticheat works like that which is why it's ff's whole schtick

A "traditional" anticheat (like VAC) will be client side and will scan your game/pc for memory edits and processes. If it finds something it doesn't like it bans you, regardless of what the actual trigger was - could have been a mouse driver update

ff is entirely server side and basically looks over your shoulder while youre playing, recording things like character position, aim speed, camera position, etc. I won't post it here but a quick Google search will provide a link to the partially leaked sdk showing the things ff records and analyzes

A client side anticheat can be tricked or bypassed, whereas ff can't be bypassed without changing actual behavior/actions

Edited by BXNNXD, 19 November 2016 - 10:18 PM.

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6933 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
I believe ESEA uses server-side algorithms in their proprietary anticheat, but your point still stands. It's rare.

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

I believe ESEA uses server-side algorithms in their proprietary anticheat, but your point still stands. It's rare.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me, they go way above and beyond with their clientside stuff too

Edited by BXNNXD, 19 November 2016 - 04:49 PM.

Hgrunt

Hgrunt

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 11-November 16

VAC doesn't work like that, AFAIK no other anticheat works like that which is why it's ff's whole schtick

A "traditional" anticheat (like VAC) will be client side and will scan your game/pc for memory edits and processes. If it finds something it doesn't like it bans you, regardless of what the actual trigger was - could have been a mouse driver update

ff is entirely server side and basically looks over your shoulder while youre playing, recording things like character position, aim speed, camera position, etc. I won't post it here but a quick Google search will provide a link to the partially leaked sdk showing the things ff records and analyzes

A client side anticheat can be tricked or bypassed, whereas ff can't be bypassed without changing actual behavior/actions

Interesting.

I see potential problems in the way FF functions though.

It is a good thing that APB:R was added to it then. F2P games, especially like APB:R, are usually full of cheaters and hackers in big numbers. This would really test the anti-cheat's metal.

Edited by Hgrunt, 20 November 2016 - 01:14 AM.

S3J7gQ5.jpg

Voyager

Voyager

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

engine update?

cI0LkUQ.jpg

different / tnereffid

Vfib

Vfib

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

All of the color weapon skins! at 50% off!

☯ノんԾア乇

☯ノんԾア乇

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1823 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12

RiP that VET https://ffbans.org/J.../arrowtotheknee

. . .

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

According to the cheating crew, that's just another false positive.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Arrowtotheknee

Arrowtotheknee

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Joined 16-March 12

Si senoir,you are correct

• eps likes this

https://www.twitch.tv/bloodymaniac
BloodyManiac CRIM  _____ Arrowtotheknee ENF

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4018 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

I think that is part of what they do, but AFAIK they usually find a cheat and ban you for it. I don't know much about their anti-cheat and I doubt many people do, but my understanding was basically all bans were by direct detection, but because of how invasive it is they can find reason to believe you cheat and then basically find the cheat on your computer afterward and ban you.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

Ysaline

Ysaline

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1756 posts
  • Joined 08-March 14
I still dont fully understand. Like if they free ppl who were banned before FairFight, it mean everybody or those that was PunkBuster triggered, and how you know what banned you anyway?
Iam talking about accounts that are like 4-5 years old.

xuo_RFl_W22245555.png 

"You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break." 

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18114 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

according to the cheating crew, every ban is a false ban.

I still dont fully understand. Like if they free ppl who were banned before FairFight, it mean everybody or those that was PunkBuster triggered, and how you know what banned you anyway?
Iam talking about accounts that are like 4-5 years old.

G1 surely has a entry saying what banned them, mostlikely some categories, PB-cheating, TOS violation, and FF, GM-cheating

that way they can simply unlock all accounts with the category PB-cheating.

Edited by LilyV3, 28 November 2016 - 04:27 AM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6933 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

according to the cheating crew, every ban is a false ban.

if this isn't the most blatant circlejerk fodder, I don't know what is.

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

I have been banned 30+ times and never cheated once.

5907c88df2965e500c98e948dfae20c0.jpg

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

I have been banned 30+ times and never cheated once.

That makes so little sense.
Are you sure you are not 14 anymore?

How am I suppose to play the game when the game doesn't even work??????????????

APB servers are the most stable servers in the world. They never go above 33ms.

APB:Reloaded: Without a crosshair

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

I could be 14 and still destroy you in fight club.

Lucidy

Lucidy

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 09-June 15

Honestly - not trying to pick sides or anything here, but insulting someone's maturity has like zero significance to APB.

4fb658e295.jpg

Jericho | Lucidy - Neuronecia |

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

I could be 14 and still destroy you in fight club.

Oh damn, another cheater that tells me they can beat me. Phew dont get enough of those. Your last account got banned faster than even i expected.

Honestly - not trying to pick sides or anything here, but insulting someone's maturity has like zero significance to APB.

Would an adult make such an illogical statement? I could have just said something about mental stability i guess, can only point out stupid logic so much.

But since when did anything on the forums have any significance ever anyway?

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog, 28 November 2016 - 08:16 PM.

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

Then why bother responding to my obvious bait of a reply to you? I knew you would pounce on the opportunity to respond to me. Too bad you still can't handle me in game.

Edited by eps, 28 November 2016 - 08:19 PM.

Lucidy

Lucidy

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 09-June 15

Oh damn, another cheater that tells me they can beat me. Phew dont get enough of those. Your last account got banned faster than even i expected.
Would an adult make such an illogical statement? I could have just said something about mental stability.

It's called being part of the problem vs. the solution. And you sir are benefiting no one.

Look at what you're posting on. "

Blog Post: November 2016 Update!

If you want to be an example for people to just sit back and complain about others, do it. I don't control you but you are only adding to the toxicity of the forums, so decide what you want. Fire and fire does not stop a fire, obviously. 

This level of stuff is the partial reason by less communication by G1. I mean if I was working at G1, I came to see this thread and see multiple comments as such, I would be heavily hesitant on posting even anonymously.

#MakeForumsGreatAgain

4fb658e295.jpg

Jericho | Lucidy - Neuronecia |

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

It's called being part of the problem vs. the solution. And you sir are benefiting no one.

If you want to be an example for people to just sit back and complain about others, do it. I don't control you but you are only adding to the toxicity of the forums, so decide what you want. Fire and fire does not stop a fire, obviously. 

This level of stuff is the partial reason by less communication by G1. I mean if I was working at G1, I came to see this thread and see multiple comments as such, I would be heavily hesitant on posting even anonymously.

#MakeForumsGreatAgain

Lucidy2020

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

Then why bother responding to my obvious bait of a reply to you? I knew you would pounce on the opportunity to respond to me. Too bad you still can't handle me in game.

Because the bait was obvious and these are the forums?
I cant beat a lot of cheaters, no surprise there.

Forums is for entertainment, nothing else going to be accomplished here. You can try to be as civil and righteous as you want but no one is going to actually take on board whats said on the forums. Except in rare circumstances in which case the thread or topic in question has no bearing on the game what so ever and is all semantics.

Nothing of what happens between players on the forums effects the level of communication given out by G1. They are getting heat and hate from how they are running their game, ruining it even. People discussing anything else other than the state of the game would not even be on the radar for reasons why they dont give out information about what they are generally doing with the game.

If i was working at G1 doing the job you want to do, i'd probably continue on my way keeping banned players from posting too but hey thats just my opinion on how rules should be kept on the forums.

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

#MakeForumsGreatAgain

i'd like to point out that smaller, controlled fires are often used to clear away any flammable material from around a large uncontrolled blaze

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

30ldm3r.png

bjagb4.gif

its the troll truck...but christmas themed....NOW YOU CAN gosh darn WITH PLAYERS IN A MISSION AND EXPLODE THEIR CAR IN A CHRISTMASY FASHION!

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

Would an adult make such an illogical statement?

If adults were fallacy proof then Trump wouldn't be the best candidate, we wouldn't have refugee problems and there would be no religion.

RiotCop (Enf) - From Citadel with love.

CloudGirl0

CloudGirl0

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 05-October 14

sorry abaut this post i must change my profile name ^^

PSN id - CloudGirl0
reloaded id - MsSnowLeopard-CloudGirl0
Rockstar Games Social Club id -  CloudGirl0

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

If adults were fallacy proof then Trump wouldn't be the best candidate, we wouldn't have refugee problems and there would be no religion.

My bad you're right. Mental instability of a baked potato he has.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog, 07 December 2016 - 03:26 PM.

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

When is the christmas event starting?

DwGBVYM.jpg

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

When is the christmas event starting?

It should be this week maybe Friday because last year it started around the 15th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users