237 replies to this topic

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1650 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

if the engine update comes out, cool. if not, whatever.

the hype expired a long time ago, at least for me. It's not in my head when someone mentions APB anymore.

Then what is the point in even playing? Many APB vets still lurk these forums hoping to see any, and I mean ANY progress towards APBs development but there seems to be a massive void between real "updates".

I come here looking for an incentive to reinstall APB and spend money, not read vague posts with more broken promises.

SAD!

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6933 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
I played yesterday since two friends of mine asked. Before that, I honestly cant remember the last time I actually played the game.

For a game this niche and this old, G1's best bet is focusing in some way on the small community they have if they care about the long term. I usually only post on the forums when I'm bored away from my PC, but I def don't disagree with you either.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18114 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

HOHOHOHOOO, nice truck, a pointless amunt of shiny lights is totally the stereotype of christmas.

How is the future protection going to work vs Wallhacks, without any client sides Anticheat that basically means free 2 wallhack for a lot of people.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Akumaka

Akumaka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11

Why is no one asking about the Engine Update, has everyone just completely given up finally or what? 

"We are hoping for a PS4 release by Christmas!"

Yeah because I'm sure another release on console will be a big success, kek. Seriously though, is this game just completely dead in the water when it comes to PC?

They stated in a previous Blog Post, the PC Engine Update will come after the PS4 client is released and sorted.  So, we have to wait for that.

W6YlxHjt.png
Akumaka | WASP Inc Community Manager
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.com/ and YouTube

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6806 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Why is no one asking about the Engine Update, has everyone just completely given up finally or what? 

Yeah because I'm sure another release on console will be a big success, kek. Seriously though, is this game just completely dead in the water when it comes to PC?

The reason nobody asked is because everyone besides you gets that once the PS4 release happens RP is going to roll out the engine upgrade as soon as possible.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5398 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

The 71 accounts mentioned in the blog have been unbanned. We'll be sending out emails to the account holders within the hour. 

Engine Upgrade is after PS4 release and folks the truck is not part of any new event, it's just decorated for the holiday.  

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1650 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

The reason nobody asked is because everyone besides you gets that once the PS4 release happens RP is going to roll out the engine upgrade as soon as possible.

Yeah because project transparency is totally outside the realm of game development? 

I play on WoW private servers (17 year old Polish kids running it) that have more transparency than G1 (a for profit company), everything in their core work (engine/scripts/networking) get detailed in weekly posts that are quite lengthy. 

All I'm asking for is some kind of actual interaction from the people who actually work on the game, like how hard is it to have one of the developers write a few paragraphs about what they worked on that week? 

The project management for G1, and in turn APB: Reloaded is a complete nightmare tbh, I can't even imagine working there.

Seriously though, I can't be the only one who is curious about what they are actually working on at G1?

Edited by schlonganola, 15 November 2016 - 10:02 AM.

The Peanut

The Peanut

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2771 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

[...]

Seriously though, I can't be the only one who is curious about what they are actually working on at G1?

You just get tired of having to ask and poke over and over again. 

Shouldn't have complained about the community being overly vocal - now the majority grew tired of voicing their concern and simply dgaf anymore.

Recently some of the most hardcore vets went silent and stopped playing regularly.

The majority that still clings to the game and logs in on a regular basis are the repeatedly "banned 'cus to gut fo' tha game" mommybags!

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6806 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12
Engine Upgrade is after PS4 release and folks the truck is not part of any new event, it's just decorated for the holiday.  

It's still beautiful though! <3

Yeah because project transparency is totally outside the realm of game development? 

I play on WoW private servers (17 year old Polish kids running it) that have more transparency than G1 (a for profit company), everything in their core work (engine/scripts/networking) get detailed in weekly posts that are quite lengthy. 

All I'm asking for is some kind of actual interaction from the people who actually work on the game, like how hard is it to have one of the developers write a few paragraphs about what they worked on that week? 

The project management for G1, and in turn APB: Reloaded is a complete nightmare tbh, I can't even imagine working there.

No mommy, small passion projects are virtually always more transparent.

Sure, knowing what they're doing might be nice, but it doesn't help, and quite frankly very few people will actually care to know what Joe RP Programmer was programming on Tuesday.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

i d o L

i d o L

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

cause its pointless we always got the same answer: "you guys wont get any news about EU before ps4 release"

idolized  idoiized

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1650 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

It's still beautiful though! <3

No mommy, small passion projects are virtually always more transparent.

Sure, knowing what they're doing might be nice, but it doesn't help, and quite frankly very few people will actually care to know what Joe RP Programmer was programming on Tuesday.

The development team and the IsVV/GM teams for Nostalrius are much larger than anything G1 has ever had to work with and they still are producing much more detailed blogposts than G1 ever has.

And you'd be surprised how far Joe from Programming's detailed blogposts would go for community morale and hype seeing as it would be proof that G1 is actually working on stuff and not just stringing us along for ARMAS goodies.

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

What about the Christmas event weapon reward?

As a deity once said: "You're not a criminal if nobody finds out"

Shepard93

Shepard93

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 07-November 16

It's November already and here's a brief update!

Update: The 71 accounts mentioned in the blog have been unbanned

You do not read PMs, do you?

VROCK

VROCK

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Would be nice to see the list of 71 luckers

Resine

Resine

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13

You just get tired of having to ask and poke over and over again. 

Shouldn't have complained about the community being overly vocal - now the majority grew tired of voicing their concern and simply dgaf anymore.

Recently some of the most hardcore vets went silent and stopped playing regularly.

The majority that still clings to the game and logs in on a regular basis are the repeatedly "banned 'cus to gut fo' tha game" mommybags!

Sorry, even I had reached my limit. Just look at this mommy, the game didn't see a content or any other balance fixes for 3 years, the deadlines are pushed again and again and majority of posts are about overpriced Armas sales.

Ether

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5290 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

How would this be a good way of clearing their names? Why is clearing their name necessary?

If you know PlayerA got banned, and you see PlayerA is now playing, what do you expect? PlayerA snuck into the APB server room, hacked the servers, and unbanned himself?

No, obviously he got unbanned, thus clearing his name.

The only thing that can come of releasing the names is suspicion of the players from the community.

Jeeze you are angry.

Rumors. Assumptions. You play frequently enough that you should know why that is a concern. An official announcement stating there was a problem and that they have since been cleared would go a long ways towards mitigating that.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

The 71 accounts mentioned in the blog have been unbanned. We'll be sending out emails to the account holders within the hour. 

im ok with just decorated trucks

You do not read PMs, do you?

you do realize she gets like a billion messages a day right

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. overwatch trash atm.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4436 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Decorated for holiday parades eh !
The Cement Truck is even decorated pretty!

Spoiler

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4267 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

After seeing this:

30ldm3r.png

I wondered what kind of santa would drive such thing...

Then again it's San Paro after all, where poop has hit the fan big time. So it's propably not a very nice santa, but more in line with something like this:

i5nn6h.jpg

Read the elf mails... That'll give you and idea.
IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2230 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

hype!  :cheer:

can i have the bunny ears for christmas?

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4267 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Lol! WoW Private servers. Can't actually do the boring raids and find leveling content too hard?

Plus, running a private server is nothing like game coding.

Edited by G1 White Knight, 15 November 2016 - 11:20 AM.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4267 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

#RuinedChristmas
IpP4AT3.png

kandas

kandas

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 30-March 15

Not a single word about Ping in Citadel, 150MS servers every 10mins Lmfao.

knataz

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6933 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
The server Indi is talking about doesnt have fast leveling or anything like that last I checked.

Skelie

Skelie

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 27-July 13

These guys have been branded as cheaters through Fairfight, and I think they deserve some sort of apology for getting their emails to support in their cases stonewalled. They deserve some compensation for the time they lost, and the humiliation they endured by the community for having their name broadcasted publicly. 

ZUf6uJI.png

Inory

Inory

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 31-March 13

I don't know if this account qualified under the 71 falsely banned players but it appears I was unbanned today as I could log in and continue until the district selection interface, but whenever I try to join a district I get kick for "FairFight: Account Banned" again and again. Could G1 please investigate this?

JusticeCia - Enforcer - Jericho

ZettaiRyouiki - Criminal - Jericho

ilikecake

ilikecake

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11

They need to have a roadmap and give daily updates on it. Every company should do it like that. This "it's done when it's done" mentality in the gaming industry these days is fackin bs.

I read hentai mangas for the storylines im srs.

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1650 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

Lol! WoW Private servers. Can't actually do the boring raids and find leveling content too hard?

Plus, running a private server is nothing like game coding.

Nostalrius was 1x rates, and core work can get pretty advanced, especially when you factor in lua fixes in cMaNGoS (or Ascent/Trinity if you're a different project). It is literally coding an engine for a game since its all built from the bottom up. Then you have networking infrastructure/node work, DB/Login work, implementation of scripts, connection instancing, etc.

There is a lot of elbow work that goes into running a private server, on par with what the devs at APB do when you have a project of that magnitude with that many people involved (20+ developers, IsVV/GM teams 20+).

All I'm saying is G1 should be doing at least the bare minimum and let us know what they are working on, Joe from Programming can take 15 minutes out of his Friday to write a couple paragraphs about what he and his team did that week, this is BASIC stuff.

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4018 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

I'm just here waiting for balance changes. I've played a few time in the past couple weeks for the first time in months, but won't be again any time soon. Every time there is an HVR on the other team all urge to ever play this game just disappears. Last night I got forced to play waterfront and our last mission 3/4ths of the enemy team was using HVR and it made me realize just how terrible this game is when people abuse the terrible balance. Its actually really terrible, but whenever I play this game I'm happy and having a good time the entire time until there is an HVR. Then someone pulls out an HVR and I stop having fun and also get really unpleasant to play with for my friends I'm sure. Even when the engine upgrade comes out this game won't be playable for more than a few missions at a time if they don't nerf the HVR.

Edit: Its pretty sad to say, but the single biggest problem in the game for me at this point isn't the terrible performance, the cheaters, or anything else. The HVR is the single largest problem in the entire game, but they refuse to address it.

Edited by Chrispe, 15 November 2016 - 01:57 PM.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

Vitrorax was Banned

Vitrorax was Banned

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 06-November 16

I don't know if this account qualified under the 71 falsely banned players but it appears I was unbanned today as I could log in and continue until the district selection interface, but whenever I try to join a district I get kick for "FairFight: Account Banned" again and again. Could G1 please investigate this?

Having the same exact same issue here. I didn't receive an e-mail, I can log in now, but everytime I load into a district I get banned again.

???

Vitrorax

Vitrorax

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 18-October 11

Having the same exact same issue here. I didn't receive an e-mail, I can log in now, but everytime I load into a district I get banned again.

???

On the bright side, I can now log into the forums and post with my original account.

No signature. :3

Kylehume

Kylehume

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 22-July 11

These guys have been branded as cheaters through Fairfight, and I think they deserve some sort of apology for getting their emails to support in their cases stonewalled. They deserve some compensation for the time they lost, and the humiliation they endured by the community for having their name broadcasted publicly. 

I agree that they should be publicly exonerated as cheaters, but Tiggs made it clear that that's not a priority of anyone at G1 after locking my thread on this subject.

http://forums.gamers...out-name-shame/

K3i

K3i

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 23-August 14

I'm just glad Tiggs still does blogs lol cant wait to get griefed by the christmas dumptrucks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1942 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

I'm just here waiting for balance changes.

Same.

If the Engine update delivers better FPS performance,

and we're getting a new clientside AC,

the only thing I could ask for are balance & anti-griefing patches.

Edited by Talla, 15 November 2016 - 01:40 PM.

Meww

Meww

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 08-September 14
how come manual bans don't get a chance to be unbanned? I don't get it since in every other game you only get perm banned for hacking. In apb you can get perm banned even if pb or ff didn't ban you? Lol

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5398 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Nostalrius was 1x rates, and core work can get pretty advanced, especially when you factor in lua fixes in cMaNGoS (or Ascent/Trinity if you're a different project). It is literally coding an engine for a game since its all built from the bottom up. Then you have networking infrastructure/node work, DB/Login work, implementation of scripts, connection instancing, etc.

There is a lot of elbow work that goes into running a private server, on par with what the devs at APB do when you have a project of that magnitude with that many people involved (20+ developers, IsVV/GM teams 20+).

All I'm saying is G1 should be doing at least the bare minimum and let us know what they are working on, Joe from Programming can take 15 minutes out of his Friday to write a couple paragraphs about what he and his team did that week, this is BASIC stuff.

We have one small team working on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and PC Innova (yes that requires separate work from us too).   I'm trying to provide as much information as possible on what's going on while also maintaining our contractual obligations.  The Dev's job is to focus on what they're working on. When they want me to provide you with more information, it's posted to you.  There's a lot of elbow work that goes into doing what we're doing as well, it's work no matter how you look at it, but we've got more legal issues to contend with vs a private server. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5398 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

This shouldn't happen anymore. I jumped the gun on posting, we had the ban removed on our side of things, but not on FairFight. It's all good now though. 

Meww

Meww

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 08-September 14
tiggs! you should unban people who werent banned by ff and pb since that would be nice for the games pop as well

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5398 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

They weren't all stonewalled. We worked closely with many of them to come to this determination.  :)  

antis0ciable

antis0ciable

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 08-November 16
Tiggs my account has not been dropped.
I was banned on 05/11/2016 and since then I have contacted the support to check what happened to have my account suspended and the answer is always the same. (Thank you for contacting Gamers First Customer Support. Have been permanently suspended.
Someone with access to this account was observed performing an activity that violates our posted Terms of Service policy. This account has been permanently closed due to behavior contrary to the policies of our Terms of Service. This account will not be unblocked and all current / future tickets will be closed with no further action taken.
The GamersFirst support team is committed to preserving the integrity and fairness of the game for all players). I have this account since 2013 and have never used anything illegal, I have several legendary, money, kits, etc ... I invested more than 1,000.00 and for all this I would never think of using anything to be banned. Please, I'm discouraged because I'm seen by society as a hacker and it bothers me. Please ask a little attention in this case, if you want can get my logs, perform a scan on my computer, I am available, I just want this to be resolved.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translate ... I hope Tiggs reads my comment: /

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users