17 replies to this topic

Sang

Sang

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

There are some great old vid's out there (as I was reminded in FB lately) and dug up my personal favorite.

"&feature=player_detailpage"

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

+1

Sad part is, if the game was more RPG like it used to be... the tryhard hackers would've never stuck around tbh. Stuns/Root/etc counter any form of DPS when done right, especially using "actual" counters to abilities.

Edited by Reaps989, 14 November 2016 - 01:41 AM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

a "furball" proves whats wrong with FE pvp. Like Nysek said, taking away alot of rpg mechanics made the pvp more noob friendly and all about cookie cutter builds. Light-Bearer healers ftw.

P.S. All those active pvprs looked awesome.

Edited by StubbyClaps, 14 November 2016 - 08:30 PM.

All this Loaf, Rainbow Stalin

Heavehoe, Royal Pink Master

Stalker2001

Stalker2001

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15

2k16 year, nerdish oldfаgs still think pvp in 2011 was way better than in GORE patch period

Edited by Stalker2001, 15 November 2016 - 01:13 AM.

"The GamersFirst support team is committed to preserving the integrity and fairness of the game for all players."

3-HZlD6_Dz4.jpg
Original and rerolls: Disnuke, Walking Disaster, Nuclear Disaster, Lady Disaster, Skripka, Egao, Em Shady

Sang

Sang

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

2k16 year, nerdish oldfаgs still think pvp in 2011 was way better than in GORE patch period

Because it was way better and so very much more fun :Rock: ...although 2011 was just when that copy of the fraps was posted. What you see in it occurred during 2010 iirc.

I feel so sad for those who never got to experience anything but the mediocre, cookie cutter, gore gutted and bot blasted, lonely pvp that it later became. :tears:

Also .. THIS "nerdish oldfrag" still has never had a  :Ban2: and continues to enjoy her wonderful memories and what is left of  a very special game. 

"P.S. All those active pvprs looked awesome."

It was amazing being a part of a crowd that large on a regular basis.

Edited by Sang, 15 November 2016 - 12:51 PM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Um... 1.9 came out about half way through 2011, you can't mistake combat systems that hard bruh.

Also, yes older updates were superior to 1.9 and EVERY UPDATE EVER was superior to 2.5/2.6 GORE and 1s CD primal with 50%+ damage reduction debuff stacking potential.

3.2 simply fixed a lot of 1.9+ and 2.5+ cancer.

Sabo/Bulwark/Debilitating Weakness/D&W stacking

Social up to 25% healing aura... the hell is wrong with you?

Viltal Osmosis self heal... the hell is wrong with you?

400+ charge shots w/o armor cuts

Only 3 armor debuffs stacked if applied correctly

GTC and TC buffs giving insane damage increase

etc

etc

etc

Edited by Reaps989, 15 November 2016 - 09:43 PM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Stalker2001

Stalker2001

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15

@Song
I'm glad to hear you never was banned, but now it's cost nothing, like the game

@Rap989 
GTC and TC buffs forced ppl to go in pvp zones and capture keeps - you could get pvp
Rothium farming for GORE forced ppl to go in pvp zones and defend their harvesters for 3 hours - you could get pvp
With gore not yet nerfed weapons pvp were more dynamic than in 2011. Yeah 2 skillshots=death is too OP but I liked next patch in 2013. 
25% social aura was necessary to outheal those charge shots, same about vital osmosis

"The GamersFirst support team is committed to preserving the integrity and fairness of the game for all players."

3-HZlD6_Dz4.jpg
Original and rerolls: Disnuke, Walking Disaster, Nuclear Disaster, Lady Disaster, Skripka, Egao, Em Shady

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

@Song

@Rap989 
GTC and TC buffs forced ppl to go in pvp zones and capture keeps - you could get pvp
Rothium farming for GORE forced ppl to go in pvp zones and defend their harvesters for 3 hours - you could get pvp
With gore not yet nerfed weapons pvp were more dynamic than in 2011. Yeah 2 skillshots=death is too OP but I liked next patch in 2013. 
25% social aura was necessary to outheal those charge shots, same about vital osmosis

Social I could maybe agree, not so much vital osmosis having a self heal. The fact Sabo, Patho, and Bulwark were % reductions was moronic. Charge shots "would" have been fine if they nerfed CD sooner. Social was not required to "counter" burst once 1s primal was nerfed to 15 seconds (even 5s).

The only thing Social did was further promote burst over DPS, as Sabo/Debil/Bulwark was superior counters to DPS rather than burst. Afterall, why worry about DPS you can heal through when you can ignore said debuffs due to charge shots that...

• Had 100+ damage ontop of weapon damage (most being 120-140+)
  • Preformed two critical checks (if the charge shot or weapon crit, both did)
  • Allowed 100% damage regardless of hit location
  • Had cooldowns as low as 1 (5 after first nerf) or simply more than 7s

GTC and TC didn't force people into zones, simply to have to capture 4 flags in TC before a fight due to 30% power/precision and obviously builds setup that required the weapon modifier to use all their weapons. They could have easily removed the weapon modifier and reduced the power modifier, instead it was removed. Which I cannot blame them, reaching 60%+ armor penetration before it's nerf was silly.

GORE, as we can all agree, was cancer.

We had more PVP in blockade pre and post GORE nerf than we ever had in TC even with TC's buff. What "killed" TC was the F2P, harvester, and open world node nerf. Fights didn't have longer regroups due to loss of TC4 either. GTC also made clans like RFDC try to zerg low level zones, which you cannot say the "main" benefit of GTC was it's weapon/power/precision buffs. Even then the fact it had power AND precison yet did not include dodge was another poor choice.

GTC and TC could've just gotten buffs to crafting times, higher XP/Faction gains, and simply add a towing cost reduction. Instead, if was left with just XP/Faction gains and obviously FT discount on GTC.

And V.O. never needed a "self heal" component, it would have made more sense on maybe revitialize. V.O.'s changes simply made healing not require positioning, less options to punish a nano healer, and did not put the healer in danger besides the bare minimum time to stand still.

V.O. should've stayed as it was in 1.9 while maybe reducing cast time or adding self-heal as it could be dangerous to use.

• Far superior HPS (100+ heal on a 20s cooldown)
  • Actually required the healer to position itself to heal the team (as it was a cone AoE)

2.5/2.6 were easily the worst patches in FE history, the only good note on it that it was easy for even derps to use. Not to mention was the "nail in the coffin" patch for many players especially after 1.9. It should have simply been removed before it had time to kill off 1000+ players.

Edit : At least 1.9 people tried to stick around... GORE + Burst/% Debuff META killed any further interest to new blood.

Fun fact - Even with 25% social and % debuff stacking, power at 60% pen and burst could ignore both :P

Edited by Reaps989, 18 November 2016 - 08:29 AM.

Posted Image

Sang

Sang

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

Pretty sure this vid was before TC even existed existed

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Pretty sure this vid was before TC even existed existed

Correct, TC I believe at the end of 2011.

Edit : The fact people thought "TC" was good for anything after 2.5 is kinda sad, TC only worked when FE could manage 2-3 raids on average during prime time.

Zone was too big, no resources to speak of, and regrouping took far to long unlike other zones.

Edited by Reaps989, 20 November 2016 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image

Sang

Sang

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

Correct, TC I believe at the end of 2011.

Edit : The fact people thought "TC" was good for anything after 2.5 is kinda sad, TC only worked when FE could manage 2-3 raids on average during prime time.

Zone was too big, no resources to speak of, and regrouping took far to long unlike other zones.

True and there has to be something worth it, which there was for a little while.  I had some fun running around there with Saints on my Trav... but it was no Haietta <3.

Supposedly TC was supposed to be a temporary thing IIRC... back when they actually cared.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

True and there has to be something worth it, which there was for a little while.  I had some fun running around there with Saints on my Trav... but it was no Haietta <3.

Supposedly TC was supposed to be a temporary thing IIRC... back when they actually cared.

Blockade became the new Haietta once people learned it actually wasn't as bad as people thought after 2.5... could have fights for 3+ hours there in 3-4 way fights.

TC was indeed an experiment, but implying they cared after G1 took over is depressing.... they simply made excuses day in and day out. Always in their hidey-holes.

TC was only truthfully worth it for harvesting in large groups, plenty of space unlike other zones which had to many objects around keeps to actually make use of the total space. (Center is a good example... except I am fairly sure harvesters can be inside of center)

Then of course since the population was high, DT tier 2 was the best armor (thus you needed materials), and of course books for mutagens.

Thanks to "GORE" we had to have "Stage 3", then of course GT due to augmentation. Augmentation would've been a far better system than GORE ever was... but you can't take back mistakes.

Edited by Reaps989, 20 November 2016 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

Stalker2001

Stalker2001

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15

I was lazy to argue with you, you won, nerds.

New offtop:
QaxKMOy7Z40.jpg
I remember as Evangeline Lily and someone else complained about me being PE.
Now it's better, huh? 
RIP PE (as clan tag, clan has been dead long time ago).
Maryam Whitley, Kinky, Ruby Nash, Toxic Red.. someone else I forgot to mention?

3-HZlD6_Dz4.jpg

Agent Viscera

Agent Viscera

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 05-April 16

New offtop:
QaxKMOy7Z40.jpg
Now it's better, huh? 

#Goodtimes :(((

2c711cddfd4d1bd5a03c2044850985b0.png

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

+1

Sad part is, if the game was more RPG like it used to be... the tryhard hackers would've never stuck around tbh. Stuns/Root/etc counter any form of DPS when done right, especially using "actual" counters to abilities.

Not even close to that simple. Especially depending on the exploit they could nullify that, although defense was stronger then too as dodge was a strong stat rather than a gimmicky passive stat. And that's assuming near launch. And due to the nerf of dodge and stuns with 1.7 I dunno how it would actually turn out, but I have a feeling cheaters would be as strong or stronger.

a "furball" proves whats wrong with FE pvp. Like Nysek said, taking away alot of rpg mechanics made the pvp more noob friendly and all about cookie cutter builds. Light-Bearer healers ftw.

P.S. All those active pvprs looked awesome.

A 'furball' happens in any rpg game. Here due to it being manual aim and not any special spike damage and unfriendly aoe damage typically it's a lot more noticeable as it functions offensively and defensively.

Actually due to how unclear the game was at launch people typically took more cookie cutter basic builds. As these were considered safe. Also faction based mutations caused the wheel flip due to how poorly balanced the layout of these were but yeah.

@Song

@Rap989 

Actually people only captured keeps if they were actively seeking pvp and so as to have the inherent advantage if a fight broke out when it came to this.
Actually more people harvested for chips and money and were invested in keeps when they could disappear. Rothium took over due to an overnerf of chips more so than anything. So yeah no idea what this point is about as it was far more populated before rothium in those zones.
There was nothing dynamic about gore. NOTHING. 1.7 had numerous builds and far more counter play. The only reason it wasn't more fleshed out was due to respecs still being incredibly limited. Hell 1.9 had more builds and half the lines were mommy. Turns out when you can purely and truely bruteforce a lot of the other options didn't matter.
Social and vital osmosis couldn't outheal charge shots. Social only mattered if heals applied and unless you ran high defense you were 2 shots or guranteed 3 shot territory. Vital osmosis did nothing to properly counteract skillshots they were just an easy group heal that was used like a selfheal. This was highlighted wonderfully by dreaming shadows against Condemned. And that was after gore was nerfed and even after gores first nerf it was more than capable of this. There is a reason it was ran by 99% of the pvpers.

New offtop:
QaxKMOy7Z40.jpg
Now it's better, huh? 

Look mah it's wannabes.

Edited by AgentNoir, 24 December 2016 - 08:20 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13
And yeah it was 1.7. I like this one better but I might be biased:

Edited by AgentNoir, 24 December 2016 - 08:19 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Not even close to that simple. Especially depending on the exploit they could nullify that, although defense was stronger then too as dodge was a strong stat rather than a gimmicky passive stat. And that's assuming near launch. And due to the nerf of dodge and stuns with 1.7 I dunno how it would actually turn out, but I have a feeling cheaters would be as strong or stronger.

Not exactly, poor guys can barely even understand mutations... let alone CC and counters to it. But honestly the fact they staff still makes it seem complicated to "block" hackers is funny. There's a possibility of 3 hacks.... one from MMO, triggerbots (triggered by a macro which is run by a script which can easily be detected as even if your weapon is on delay it will attempt to preform said action), and movement based exploitation (well hacks) via cheatengine.

But yes the slightly less derpy hackers would be annoying, otherwise they are offensive stamina spamming monkeys. Old suppression's regen block, regen based heals, and any form of CC would make them ragequit instantly.

A cheater can indeed be a threat, but doesn't matter once focus fire is in play... and CC makes that all too easy.

Edited by Reaps989, 25 December 2016 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image

J.Karter

J.Karter

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Joined 16-October 13

New offtop:
QaxKMOy7Z40.jpg
Now it's better, huh? 

Oh, RLY?!

7257964.png

Jane Karter-Kuzmina-Cold Snap-Max Kuzmich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users