7 replies to this topic

darrius1

darrius1

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12

Hello Wastelanders. It's been a while since I posted anything. About three years since I've posted really anything at all.

I just wanted to take a few moments of your time to tell you, and the devs, what needs to improve in FE. As an old player I really liked Fallen Earth, even though it's lackluster in a bunch of departments. Now I follow Fallen Earth on Twitter and only see a server maintenance tweet from time to time, I'm bummed that the game isn't hustling and busting with players too. It is more dead than Star Wars Galaxies before the servers were shut down. So here are some points on where the game has improved, and where it needs improvement, I haven't been around so please forgive me if I'm talking about things that are already implemented.

WHERE THE GAME HAS IMPROVED

• Three years ago I suggested the idea of backpacks for the game and a year later they got introduced, I guess it was a really popular topic. So that's good that it happened.
  • About a year ago when I popped on for literally two hours, I saw that there was a new sector right off of sector five or sector six...whichever is the one with the giant PvP area surrounded by mountains. I poked around it and was really unimpressed, disappointed actually. All it was, was a stripped down version of Deadfall heavily centered around the CoG's cultish ways, with a giant PvE citadel for invasion events. And the reward was parts or recipes for the new gore-tech armor...what?
  • The PvP area debuff was also a blessing, yet at the same time a burden. I feel as if I contributed to this in a way because years ago, were talking like when I was in my 8th grade/freshman year of school (I'm currently a 1st year in community college), me and several other players were in a rabble and posted several suggestions to have some sort of way to keep the higher levels from picking on the lower tier PvP areas., the debuff kept high level players in PvP clans from putting a stranglehold on the lower sectors, permanently putting all high level PvP'ers corralled in Kaibab and Deadfall, freeing most of sectors two and three from time to time, I could have the names and sectors wrong though. The debuff also kept some leaders of those clans from training the newbies efficiently, which was the burden because the leaders had to make new alts for those PvP areas.

WHERE THE GAME NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

So people want certain things to happen in this game. I'm a very good RP'er and my reason for leaving was the absolute lack of a few certain things that became a stigma to the community. And some of these things that I'm suggesting might be constant topics, this is my plea to the devs to please freaking add these, it's good for the game and its good for the community.

• Player Housing. THIS IS A THING I ALWAYS SEE BEING DISCUSSED. Fallen Earth should get with the times guys, I've been around and I've seen certain games that have four digit player peaks, have player housing. I'm currently a player of Star Wars: The Old Republic despite it being a regurgitated game with the same linear basics of any MMORPG. But the one nice thing about it is that it has player housing that's instanced. You have multiple options to chose from. You could have a skyline apartment on Coruscant, a temple base on Yavin, or even a sky palace on Nar Shaddaa! The point being is that Fallen Earth should have some sort of player housing, instanced or non-instanced, the game could see some life being breathed into it from this. It opens up multiple lanes of social events for players and RP'ers alike. And better yet; the devs could have some of the bosses drop decorations for player housing! It's a win-win for the players and the devs!
  • Multiple occupants per vehicle. Now this one is kind of iffy because I've talked with Hazmat players and GM's in the past that have said in order to do this, the devs would need to change the code of the game entirely. How well do I trust their sayings about this? Not really all that much, I mean it could be something really easy, I don't know. But it would be really cool to see this happen, just saying.
  • Massive weapon improvements. I'm talking like some weapons being entirely modular like the slugthrower rifles and pistols. Those could be modular, however I could be totally be angering Bethesda at the same time for suggesting a thing that Fallout 4 already has, furthering the opinion that some people have of this game being a poor-mans version of Fallout. Another area of improvement for the weapons is to have modular weapon parts. Removable weapon sights, barrels that either improve damage or critical chance. Recoil...eh..this game really doesn't have recoil, no need to have anything to reduce that. There could be certain mods for weapons that turn them into burst rifles, DMR's, and improved full auto rifles. There could be laser sight attachments, need I say anything else?
  • For my final point, I want to suggest multiple East/West Coast servers as well as European servers. From my standing I was led to believe that the game has one giant server for the entire game. It could help some people with ping and latency issues somewhat.

If you've gotten to this point and didn't ask in the comments "tl;dr whats this all about?" I thank you and ask that you bring up these points more often to the devs. If they see them then maybe they'll bring them up in a meeting and talk about putting them in, and breathe some dang life into this game.

Thanks

-ZM

Shweps

Shweps

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-March 16

I pretty much like your ideas but we have a problem. A big one.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is more probability that the Pope wins a 40km marathon than the devs showing up.

AlexanderWestfalen

AlexanderWestfalen

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 31-October 16

Really sad story, about this game. I just started and see a almost dead game, well its an Apocalypse - but...

What will happen in future? I only see questions.

I hope this Thread will bring us some more info...

Edited by AlexanderWestfalen, 02 November 2016 - 06:46 AM.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus der Rifle.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Multi-person mounts don't function well with how FE runs... which is instances ontop of one another. Thus why we have warp and desync issues constantly, so while it "might" work for a tiny bit... as soon as you load into a "new instance" (no loading screen unless fast traveling or dieing) it will most likely kick someone out of said mount or other such bugs.

Weapon Mods : They had enough trouble trying to make AP augmentation slightly useful besides health, regen, and a few gimmicks... while mods would be nice it should be kept simple as the Dev team lacks dedication.

Servers : Won't happen, they simply need to address how connections are routed so that lag is not as much of a concern. FE doesn't have a large enough community to warrant servers in multiple countries. Well, at least under G1 control.

Player Housing : I believe they were testing it with "farms" but their problem was making it persistent while also allowing it to keep objects you spawn into them. Honestly most of us would have been happy with a clan base... but eh.

As for realistic changes...

Mechanics

• Remove 5m bonus range to weapons, skills, mutations, etc (You'll see why later on this list.
  • Charge Shots : All charge shots, besides Precise Hit, only can be used by Two Handed Weapons
  • Dual Wield : Reduce critical damage to 25%, rather than 50%. Headshot damage is not effected.
  • Two Handed : Leave critical damage alone (50%) but headshot damage increased to 50% (from 30%)
  • Critical Chance : Remove "passive" critical chance given without investment (Which is 7%) and add to precision and weapon skill.
  • Precision : Increase critical chance modifier at "max for your level" to 26.1% (6.3% increase)
  • Weapon Skill : increase critical chance modifier at "max for your level) to 2.9% (.7% increase)
    • Either that or grant 7% armor penetration passively with no investment, fair is fair.
  • Damage Variance : Remove 1% to 10% damage roll before attacks are applied.
  • Hit Location : Remove 20% damage reduction on "arm" hits.

Weapons

• Melee : Reduce Dual Wield to 2 meter and Two Handed to 3 meter range.
  • Pistols : Increase delay on heavy pistols, reduce damage on heavy pistols, reduce reload on all pistols. Increase AP Light Pistol clip size to 24 to match Neverenders. Mediums and Light Pistol need minor tweaks to be viable.
  • Sawn Off (Pistol Shotguns) : Need to be allowed to be equipped to the back slot.
  • SMGs : Delay, damage, and range need a buff.
  • Shotguns : Reduce AP augmentation shotgun delay to 1.5, rather than 1.7
  • Sniper Rifles : Reduce delay by .3, precision boost, and add modifier to increase headshot damage.
  • Assault Rifles : Add AP augmentation weapon, barely much beyond that.
  • Battle Rifles : Need a full revamp... their damage is far to low.

That's just off the top of my head... honestly anything complex will not happen in this game with the current Dev team.

#RIP

Edit : Granted this is only small part of what should be changed. Kinda silly melee is still 7m and heavy pistols still defy the rules of DPS loss for heavier attacks.

Edited by Reaps989, 03 November 2016 - 08:02 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

darrius1

darrius1

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12

Lets be honest. The entire game needs a revamp

• Battle Rifles : Need a full revamp... their damage is far to low.

Edited by darrius1, 05 November 2016 - 12:43 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Lets be honest. The entire game needs a revamp

Somewhat...

• PVE is painful to go through but honestly if they just added some group content and actually gave proper rewards it wouldn't be "as" cancer.
  • Add some harvesters for PVE that require you to defend them from invading NPCs kinda like Firefall's Thumpers.
  • Weapon wise as long as melee wasn't 7m, you kinda fix PVP instantly besides pistol's insane gap in DPS compared to any other weapon line.
    • Which is mostly relating to heavy pistols... as seen above.
    • This isn't to say weapons don't need adjustments... mostly relating to rifles, SMGs, Sawn Off Shotguns, and Pistols. Melee is actually in a good spot minus it's 7m range.
  • Remove 5m bonus range on weapons, offensive consumes, skills, and mutations.
  • Critical chance isn't equal to armor penetration (7% free critical chance yet 0% free penetration)
  • Healing output is silly
    • Staunch Wound becoming self only would solve most of this. The idea you can "bandage" someone 10 meters from you is silly.
    • Increase cast time of Vital Osmosis, Benevolence, and Endless Reserves cast times by 1s to allow punishment during cast time.
    • Increase regeneration ticks to every 10 seconds from 6s
      • Increase regeneration while moving for gamma and stamina to 100% from 50%
    • Increase regeneration from gamma and stamina to 30% while resting from 200%.
      • Increase damage received while resting to 50% from 25%

I could go on for days :o

On a side note, i found it funny Skathi was on steam... might mean we'll see an update in another year ;)

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Basically what Nysek said. Reduce range of melee weapons, make quest rewards actually worth it, and more pve group content. Not lame patootie methodical gore bosses or Dome(feels like being Hitler during his purging).  World bosses were a good idea, but every single one is soloable at end game. Maybe make serendipity mobs more noticable to engage. Even most serendipity mobs are solo-able even in TW so a boost to their hp or more effects they do like the scientist in TW who spawns mobs to rush you. But there will never be another update to this game, let alone one that actually takes into effect players opinions and ideas. If you currently dont like FE, you never will.

Edited by StubbyClaps, 13 November 2016 - 08:06 PM.

All this Loaf, Rainbow Stalin

Heavehoe, Royal Pink Master

darrius1

darrius1

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12

When I was more active years ago the devs were thinking about pulling the radiation zone back and expanding the lore about The outsiders. Wish that could've happened when I was around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users