Hello Wastelanders. It's been a while since I posted anything. About three years since I've posted really anything at all.
I just wanted to take a few moments of your time to tell you, and the devs, what needs to improve in FE. As an old player I really liked Fallen Earth, even though it's lackluster in a bunch of departments. Now I follow Fallen Earth on Twitter and only see a server maintenance tweet from time to time, I'm bummed that the game isn't hustling and busting with players too. It is more dead than Star Wars Galaxies before the servers were shut down. So here are some points on where the game has improved, and where it needs improvement, I haven't been around so please forgive me if I'm talking about things that are already implemented.
WHERE THE GAME HAS IMPROVED
- Three years ago I suggested the idea of backpacks for the game and a year later they got introduced, I guess it was a really popular topic. So that's good that it happened.
- About a year ago when I popped on for literally two hours, I saw that there was a new sector right off of sector five or sector six...whichever is the one with the giant PvP area surrounded by mountains. I poked around it and was really unimpressed, disappointed actually. All it was, was a stripped down version of Deadfall heavily centered around the CoG's cultish ways, with a giant PvE citadel for invasion events. And the reward was parts or recipes for the new gore-tech armor...what?
- The PvP area debuff was also a blessing, yet at the same time a burden. I feel as if I contributed to this in a way because years ago, were talking like when I was in my 8th grade/freshman year of school (I'm currently a 1st year in community college), me and several other players were in a rabble and posted several suggestions to have some sort of way to keep the higher levels from picking on the lower tier PvP areas., the debuff kept high level players in PvP clans from putting a stranglehold on the lower sectors, permanently putting all high level PvP'ers corralled in Kaibab and Deadfall, freeing most of sectors two and three from time to time, I could have the names and sectors wrong though. The debuff also kept some leaders of those clans from training the newbies efficiently, which was the burden because the leaders had to make new alts for those PvP areas.
WHERE THE GAME NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
So people want certain things to happen in this game. I'm a very good RP'er and my reason for leaving was the absolute lack of a few certain things that became a stigma to the community. And some of these things that I'm suggesting might be constant topics, this is my plea to the devs to please freaking add these, it's good for the game and its good for the community.
- Player Housing. THIS IS A THING I ALWAYS SEE BEING DISCUSSED. Fallen Earth should get with the times guys, I've been around and I've seen certain games that have four digit player peaks, have player housing. I'm currently a player of Star Wars: The Old Republic despite it being a regurgitated game with the same linear basics of any MMORPG. But the one nice thing about it is that it has player housing that's instanced. You have multiple options to chose from. You could have a skyline apartment on Coruscant, a temple base on Yavin, or even a sky palace on Nar Shaddaa! The point being is that Fallen Earth should have some sort of player housing, instanced or non-instanced, the game could see some life being breathed into it from this. It opens up multiple lanes of social events for players and RP'ers alike. And better yet; the devs could have some of the bosses drop decorations for player housing! It's a win-win for the players and the devs!
- Multiple occupants per vehicle. Now this one is kind of iffy because I've talked with Hazmat players and GM's in the past that have said in order to do this, the devs would need to change the code of the game entirely. How well do I trust their sayings about this? Not really all that much, I mean it could be something really easy, I don't know. But it would be really cool to see this happen, just saying.
- Massive weapon improvements. I'm talking like some weapons being entirely modular like the slugthrower rifles and pistols. Those could be modular, however I could be totally be angering Bethesda at the same time for suggesting a thing that Fallout 4 already has, furthering the opinion that some people have of this game being a poor-mans version of Fallout. Another area of improvement for the weapons is to have modular weapon parts. Removable weapon sights, barrels that either improve damage or critical chance. Recoil...eh..this game really doesn't have recoil, no need to have anything to reduce that. There could be certain mods for weapons that turn them into burst rifles, DMR's, and improved full auto rifles. There could be laser sight attachments, need I say anything else?
- For my final point, I want to suggest multiple East/West Coast servers as well as European servers. From my standing I was led to believe that the game has one giant server for the entire game. It could help some people with ping and latency issues somewhat.
If you've gotten to this point and didn't ask in the comments "tl;dr whats this all about?" I thank you and ask that you bring up these points more often to the devs. If they see them then maybe they'll bring them up in a meeting and talk about putting them in, and breathe some dang life into this game.