7 replies to this topic

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7696 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

The entire game is on sale on their main page, if anyone is wondering what I've been messing with.

https://buy.thesecretworld.com/

PVP servers merged : No more "block a and b"

Faction does not matter in PVE, only PVP.

Server also does not matter, you can join anyone for anything (minus PVP unless you're in their faction)

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Game also has some cool PvE and storyline along with plenty of customisation with vanity items. What faction are you? Templar here :Ha Ha Ha:

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Kell ✘❥

Kell ✘❥

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 27-August 16

it has a low pop tho, right?

Me & my good friend                                      

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7696 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

it has a low pop tho, right?

http://steamcharts.com/app/215280

Even then, plenty don't even launch through steam. I only added it as a non-steam game just recently myself so it shows up.

And since it's the Halloween event, there was easily a couple hundred right at the start of the agartha. And since PVP servers were merged, PVP is slightly more consistent... minus people who get butthurt when they get stomped.

Lummies : Tend to zerg but leave once they capture everything and talk trash until it's a bit closer to even numbers... was funny with Lydia and I trashing 4 of them 2v4. Watch out for Njinir, he hits like a truck.

Templars : Sorta the same as lumi's but far better geared players on average.

Dragon : Sorta the underdog, they do have some of the best people for PVP but hardly matters since you rarely see the really geared peeps on.

P.S. Don't use anima shot in PVP... nerfed to all hell unless you're avoiding multi-shot to counter reflect builds. And Anima Burst beats anima shot in PVE everytime now :(

Edited by Reaps989, 29 October 2016 - 11:33 AM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

I got an email from them about some of the stuff going on, but I basically ignored it.  I haven't played this game since late beta where I lost interest.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7696 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I got an email from them about some of the stuff going on, but I basically ignored it.  I haven't played this game since late beta where I lost interest.

Ya, if it wasn't for the PVP I might've given up on it a long time ago... I just kinda PL people when I can if I am not PVPing and try to max out my gear and augments.

Finally saved enough to 10.9 my hammer, (Rifle leech mainly, the hammer is mostly for aggro/burst/AoE knockdown which makes it considerably easier to control scenarios) so farming Nightmare Scenarios should be considerably easier.

As for raids, I need to sit down and do them sometime... I'll probably have to accept leech healing is dead in any AEGIS (Tokyo content...) content. So in those situations simply go DPS builds. (Which is fine, just disappointing....)

Edited by Reaps989, 02 November 2016 - 11:34 PM.

Posted Image

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Questing is so lame in TSW. At least in FE, there is huge amounts of exploration.

All this Loaf, Rainbow Stalin

Heavehoe, Royal Pink Master

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7696 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Questing is so lame in TSW. At least in FE, there is huge amounts of exploration.

Exploration wise, TSW has quite a bit if you are looking for unlocks and achievements. As for total size... yes FE is vastly larger but with far less effective content.

I can't understand that tho...

• Videos for all introductions of all quests.
  • Every single NPC has a voice, not text.
  • Almost all quests are repeatable and give "first time" completion rewards

Ya, I can't see it as lame. I still haven't actually 'explored' all of TSW with roughly the same amount of time invested. But then again I've done everything I could care to in FE, in TSW I still need to finish my signets/augmentation.

Even once I do that, at any time I can swap roles... and at least has a PVP population.

Edit : Granted I simply liked the fact content is "replayable" and there's content for "end-game" in every single zone. But the combat in PVP is amazingly satisfying, well unless you're a reflect tank... even then it's funny.

Edited by Reaps989, 14 November 2016 - 01:39 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users