472 replies to this topic

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

Where did you get that tin foil hat, give me it!  

Yes, they were cheating. We removed the bans from everyone that was hit on Saturday wrongly by PB. There were 4 people that were also hit by a mistake with FF and those were reversed.   The people that were given a second chance today, were cheating and were banned for it. We're giving them a second chance and it may open up to all PB banned accounts in the future.  I've posted a few times that I am not a fan of PB,  "why can't you comprehend this"?   :)

I am crossing my fingers in the hope that people take their second chance seriously.

Edited by eps, 08 October 2016 - 12:43 PM.

Sameriah

Sameriah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 10-October 14

They don't deserve a second chance.

Being banned by accident without doing anything illigal , has nothing to do with second chances...

YWsyQKh.jpg -Science is the key to art , Art is nothing without music, Music is the harmony of life- ~My quote.

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3595 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

All these cheaters / fishy players claiming their accounts got hacked. The desperation and damage control is real.. smh. Your parents failed in a lesson of morals. 

I think this is a terrible mistake, cheaters do not deserve a second chance. This is a slap in the face to all legit and loyal customers who have played this game since day 1 playing legit and clean. 

Edited by Only good at ERPvP, 08 October 2016 - 01:03 PM.

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Being banned by accident without doing anything illigal , has nothing to do with second chances...

Everyone was unbanned. What are you on about?

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

Sameriah

Sameriah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 10-October 14

I'm saying , Some ( not all ) got banned unfairly , and have the right to claim their accounts back , besides i would love to see how some of you 'ppl' will react if the ban wave took you aswell...

Edited by Sameriah, 08 October 2016 - 01:12 PM.

YWsyQKh.jpg -Science is the key to art , Art is nothing without music, Music is the harmony of life- ~My quote.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5398 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

I'm saying , Some ( not all ) got banned unfairly , and have the right to claim their accounts back , besides i would love to see how some of you 'ppl' will react if the ban wave took you aswell...

No one was banned unfairly, no matter how much they whine and moan.  Half the people that blame me, I have no idea who they even are :) 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Sameriah

Sameriah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 10-October 14

No one was banned unfairly, no matter how much they whine and moan.  Half the people that blame me, I have no idea who they even are :)

I'm not here to go on a debate with anyone on the forum , or anywhere else , i respect this game as much as the staff running it , i've been around this game for a very long time , i had a reason to defend my point and i won't stand down from it.

Edited by Sameriah, 08 October 2016 - 01:42 PM.

Tasiss

Tasiss

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

I wonder what caused for population to drop by 500+ people twice on October 5th, as seen here http://steamcharts.com/app/113400

| Citadel - Ex-Obeya | Jericho               
I also make renders sometimes |    Tasiss - 255 Crim | Tasiss - 52 Crim

|         Tasii - 255 Enf | Tasii - 90 Enf     

Redmanz

Redmanz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Joined 23-April 12

sad

welcome back to the trash

48-0

tbe

no blueprint

PEEPS

PEEPS

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

Good riddance PB. One pain in the patootie less tbh. These days even public cheats can avoid PB. As for unbanning peeps, I'd say it's a good move overall (IMO). Gives a hope for those false-positives over the years (rip fallen ones). As for FF bans - they are too contravesial so I won't touch on them without my tinfoilhat.

hey what i was banned when?????   

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3799 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

Ignore this.

Edited by Abysymal, 08 October 2016 - 04:15 PM.

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

Tw1ZtiD

Tw1ZtiD

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

don't be unreasonable, with FF in place this a very intelligent move. Heck I would even give amnesty to FF'd people (sure Goat,Film etc are excluded but those accounts are "disposables" for them anyway) in order to "save" the population. I very much agree with LilyV3, if they continue to breach the ToS by 3rd-partying they'll get FFd anyway.

Bull%$# do you know how many smart mofo's there are out there who can code and out code Gamersfirst, why do you think there are so many closets in the game. Now think all the high\max rank clostets that slipped up and got caught could very well learn from their mistake and not make the same mistake again, and i aint talking about playing legit this time. Simple fact the ToS states if you cheat you're outta here but you can reroll, now its if you cheat you get a second chance via a warning shot. Now i know this isnt whats going on with this right now concerning the PB bans but still once a cheat always a cheat right so why give them any chances no matter what or who banned them. Unless its a 100% false positive you get banned you should stay banned no matter what...

"Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya"

icon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.pngicon_rifle_jokercarbine.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.png
           patriotvegasg20.png

SexySenorita

SexySenorita

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-December 15

Well, with all respect, you are wrong. My old account was banned for no reason (around a year ago), and no matter what you say, I KNOW that I have never cheated, hacked, scammed or done anything wrong. I dont even know if that is ban, but all I have is "Status: Blocked". I was not even in game when that happened. I have payed a lot of money, and im still playing on new account, and still paying for new items. If that is how you say "thank you" to someone who is donating to this comunity, then all I have to say is you are welcome.
And after all, all Im asking for is explanation, a real reason? Since that account is not on FF ban list, and since i didnt get any emails from PB. It all looks like an admin blocked my account just because he wanted to.

If you are willing to check that account, here is the email (samozaapbreloaded@gmail.com) 
And say here in public how I was cheating so we can all laugh together.

I love this game and i dont play anything else. I will stop playing only when you stop hosting the servers.

Regards!

Edited by SexySenorita, 08 October 2016 - 05:35 PM.

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

Well, with all respect, you are wrong. My old account was banned for no reason (around a year ago), and no matter what you say, I KNOW that I have never cheated, hacked, scammed or done anything wrong. I dont even know if that is ban, but all I have is "Status: Blocked". I was not even in game when that happened. I have payed a lot of money, and im still playing on new account, and still paying for new items. If that is how you say "thank you" to someone who is donating to this comunity, then all I have to say is you are welcome.
And after all, all Im asking for is explanation, a real reason? Since that account is not on FF ban list, and since i didnt get any emails from PB. It all looks like an admin blocked my account just because he wanted to.

If you are willing to check that account, here is the email (samozaapbreloaded@gmail.com) 

I love this game and i dont play anything else. I will stop playing only when you stop hosting the servers.

Regards!

I have been through the same thing you are. Trust me when I say there is no avail to posting on these forums. The chances of anything happening in your favor are slim to none unless Tiggs decides to reverse all PB bans. Contacting Even Balance, support nor posting about it on these forums will help your case. Take it from someone who has tried for nearly 3 years.

Just do yourself a favor and move on. The sooner you forget about, the better off you will be in the long run.

Edited by eps, 08 October 2016 - 05:41 PM.

Healt

Healt

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 14-March 15

hey what i was banned when?????   

for being marshmallow

/s                                                                                                                                                         

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4208 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

Too easy for people to say they didn't cheat and were falsely banned.  Saving face is human nature.  However, it's not in the company's best interest to ban legits.  That alone is logical enough for me to believe they do not ban people falsely and leave them banned falsely.  They have reversed false bans in the past for various things that made sense.  They've even granted amnesty opportunities as well.  They've also reversed occasional bans on people that were obviously cheating like some fish dog thing.  They will admit when they ban falsely.  If you are still banned you likely deserved the ban.  That's good enough for me.

As it were, tired of every cheater saying they're falsely banned.

gurrensama

gurrensama

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

They are really scraping the bottom of the jars for that CCU, aren't they?

gurrensama - Exonerate - beergirlV2

twitch.tv *Retired*

Vaporware

Vaporware

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 26-June 16

Because I have faith in Fair Fight that I don't have in PB :)

No one was banned unfairly, no matter how much they whine and moan.

Aren't those 2 statements contradictory?

This argument is getting old...

The discussion on false bans is going nowhere because of lack of relevant evidence.

The lack of evidence comes from support's policy to never collaborate with banned players (unless there is a massive uproar).

Players have to replicate the conditions of their bans (something, as we've seen recently, isn't totally dependent on client-side conditions).

If you can't find that needle in the haystack that got you banned, it ends up being a war of authority, of who's the most believable.

Players who genuinely believe to be falsely banned never got to know the exact ban reason. They only know they never used cheat software.

They cannot publicly confirm or infirm if their ban was an error.

An anti-cheat company will never acknowledge their software to be inaccurate (especially when the game is using a dated version of that software)

Also, a game company will never publicly declare an anti-cheat software from another company inaccurate.

However, as individuals and community, many times, we've witnessed PB to be inaccurate.

And we've witnessed for a long time how it's inefficient at keeping the game free of cheaters.

So yeah people, suck it up, you won't get an apology, even if you did not cheat.

Personally, I'm really grateful Tiggs is disguising this PB ban reversion as a "Second chance".

This is the best solution for everyone.

Let's just ditch PunkBuster and put this behind us.

The sooner the better.

Edited by Vaporware, 08 October 2016 - 10:43 PM.

Mr.Bob

Mr.Bob

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13

Regards!

I have been through the same thing you are. Trust me when I say there is no avail to posting on these forums. The chances of anything happening in your favor are slim to none unless Tiggs decides to reverse all PB bans. Contacting Even Balance, support nor posting about it on these forums will help your case. Take it from someone who has tried for nearly 3 years.

Just do yourself a favor and move on. The sooner you forget about, the better off you will be in the long run.

Sorry for both of your accounts, and the hard time feeling the frustration of losing the account unfairly.

What eps says seems to be true, almost 2 years later and I get the same auto-reply, no one bothers to know if they did something wrong or not, although sadly, I heard stories of the opposite of this, a scammer admitting to G1 and being given a second chance..

Igor_Chicory

Igor_Chicory

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

@Tiggs , I wanted to know if all the mails were sent

Valao

Valao

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 07-June 14

No, this isn't true. One day we had an issue with PB, we reversed those bans and shut it down. Please don't start rumors.

No, scroll back and read my comments. I guess you received a free tin foil hat too!

PB has banned many people in the past 30 days and that's not counting the PB mental breakdown last weekend (those don't count).

No, I don't think it's weird at all. They've finally been caught, I'm sad that it wasn't sooner :) There is no flaw, we had one mistake that caught 4 players and now everyone is saying screaming the sky is falling. It's not and those FF bans were legit.

No, you see they weren't banned for no reason. They cheated and were caught. Why would I apologize for something they did? That's why there is no apology in that email. It's a second chance to prove themselves, it's up to them now on if they retain their account or lose it. Sadly there are some already that have lost their accounts even with a 2nd chance. They think creating a new character and cheating on it will hide it from us. We know who you guys are!

You should read the op ...

One of my friends that is now unbanned (thanks for it) did't play the game in last month exception for 2 match in asylum and got PB ban. He did't make new accounts full of bullshoot, he did't do anything wrong but you still "caught him cheating". How can it be possible? What did you caught?
Thanks for answers anyway, remember that i don't have anything against you and the stuff, i am just looking for answers, clarity, and fairness, i don't want to foster polemics

@fairfight there are some cases of some of citadel top players that should be analyzed deeper. If you are sure they cheats they need to know the reson that brought you to this conclusion at least.
I am not talking about people that just cheated on a secondary account or did bullshoot just once, but people that has for unique guilty to be good players

Hello. the punkbuster has banned me for no reason on September 23. I still have not received the email and my account is still blocked. I have to wait, or they forgot about me? ty
Medez

I can vouch also for this guy. He can't be accused of cheating since he and his mates have always been very hostile against cheaters and cheats, it's unthinkable for me he is in a cheater list.

Always open for dialogs
Regards

Edited by Valao, 09 October 2016 - 01:50 AM.

CookyPuss

CookyPuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Joined 13-March 15

No one was banned unfairly, no matter how much they whine and moan. Half the people that blame me, I have no idea who they even are :)

^this this... a thousand times this.

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

Thank-you.

I hope the players who were banned and inconvenienced will forgive and forget. Hug it out b@#ch....words to live by.

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

iDev

iDev

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Joined 29-November 14

489 people not counting last weekends reversals.  I was pretty shocked by that number :)

It managed to ban half the population, that's a chunk.

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Thank-you.

I hope the players who were banned and inconvenienced will forgive and forget. Hug it out b@#ch....words to live by.

lmao

just go ahead and forget how easy it is to get brick walled

its fine, it wont happen again

probably

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

jeeeembo

jeeeembo

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 03-April 15
Ban these idiot cheaters why do you unban cheaters over legits who dont deserve bans

Gamma64c

Gamma64c

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Joined 23-June 14

Ban these idiot cheaters why do you unban cheaters over legits who dont deserve bans

Over here http://forums.gamers...ters/?p=4420327 Tiggs wrote:

The forums won't be able to help you with this. We're not catering to cheaters and we don't want harassment in the game. You had multiple warnings and suspensions for harassment, don't try to make this as a one off event, because it was far from that. You attacked players and GMs, and now the account is closed permanently. 

Reroll and behave or goodbye

Edited by Gamma64c, 10 October 2016 - 09:19 AM.

--

^Z

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2230 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

Shame you're not one of those.

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

Not everyone only the ones from the last 30 days the ones from years ago haven't got touch yet I wonder when they r going to unban those from the past ? Tiggs hopefully will make an official announcement.

GabyQueeny

GabyQueeny

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 05-February 14

Please tiggs, shut down the Punkbuster for ever!! I still wanna play at 30 fps e.e

11gr404.jpg

Who say the Girls Can't?

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

Not everyone only the ones from the last 30 days the ones from years ago haven't got touch yet I wonder when they r going to unban those from the past ? Tiggs hopefully will make an official announcement.

There are a lot of players who were lost due to Punkbuster bans. Would be interesting to see the results of such a decision.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5398 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

So far 4 of the accounts given a 2nd chance messed up and were banned by Fair fight.  Not too upsetting since I really thought we'd have a much higher number today. I guess that some players do appreciate a second chance. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

So far 4 of the accounts given a 2nd chance messed up and were banned by Fair fight.  Not too upsetting since I really thought we'd have a much higher number today. I guess that some players do appreciate a second chance. 

No offence tiggs but FF is still taking forever to ban these hackers and it only catches the blatent hackers. If these ppl who got 2nd chances r closeting they wont get banned cause they are keping just below the radar. They are still ruining the game for everyone but only just enough to not get caught.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

gogol

gogol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

name and shame pls

hi i like purple im a vegan and i vape

WDYmX4i.png

4slot nascar)

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

So far 4 of the accounts given a 2nd chance messed up and were banned by Fair fight. Not too upsetting since I really thought we'd have a much higher number today. I guess that some players do appreciate a second chance.

That's really good news. Is that a good sign to start unban old pb accounts ? :)

Showtime

Showtime

Initiate

• Banned
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 15-April 16

well I just got banned for no reason so clearly something is still wrong.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4208 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

well I just got banned for no reason so clearly something is still wrong.

Me too, oh wait no I didn't because I play legit. Rip.

money chicks 42O

money chicks 42O

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 01-June 16

Ummmmmmmmm....

Guys.....

It's only for PunkBuster bans......

This is why we can't have communication... Y'all can't comprehend what's said.

mmmh hey qt pie xd

Edited by Kakodem, 10 October 2016 - 03:55 PM.

moneychixx || Server: Jericho (NA)

J'aime les omelettes au fromage! <3  :Heee:

Showtime

Showtime

Initiate

• Banned
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 15-April 16

Me too, oh wait no I didn't because I play legit. Rip.

you must be dumb af anyone here who knows me that im a silver stfu 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I'd say just give EVERYONE a second chance, including those who violated other parts of the ToS. Have a friend who still has no idea what they did to get banned (generic ToS auto reply), but still loves the game. They want to spend money on the game (they've spent a good $1k on their old account), but don't due to the fear of getting randomly banned again.

I'm sure many will get banned a second time, but most would continue to play like normal after a while.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 10 October 2016 - 04:07 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users