MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1398 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

How is being unbanned a shame? 

Name and Shame is implemented because everyone was creating forum topics saying:

So many players keep saying FairFight is making mistakes and people have been unbanned for it, but almost nobody can come up with other names than Dogfish, tobii and RushTV

I'm curious too who got unbanned.

F0E, illegalmixtape, tehtrainee, LittleLexie are the others I know of. Just going by who I've seen back in game. Didn't know Tobii was unbanned, or are you referring to their second account getting unbanned?

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 08 December 2016 - 10:49 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

I'm curious too who got unbanned.

+ RainbowDash - Colby, for the same reason as DogFish.

TheNightingale

TheNightingale

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14

+ RainbowDash - Colby, for the same reason as DogFish.

What was that? Unbanned for breaking the Terms of Service by account sharing, after the account sharing compromised the account (when it was actually using a VPN to make it look like someone else was cheating).

Sorry Tiggs, much as I like what you've done, you really failed on these letting them pull the wool over your eyes!!

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

(yes I know it's not the classical quote - just think about it!)

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Joined 25-August 15

This^
If we're arguing that PB should have some cheaters unbanned to make up for the "legit people" banned on FF. Someone is lying to you bro. PB would have banned more legit people and non legit people accidentally more times than FF.

FF is too far above PB to start giving actual cheaters back their accounts to "make up for legit people" banned through FF.

People don't learn anything when they lose something that means nothing to them, if a cheater has no disregard for their account and gets it banned, unbanning them will not grant them the power of benevolence unless they have actually learnt that they've lost something of value to them and dont wish to lose it again.

Which most cheaters do not learn, this is where "once a cheater, always a cheater" comes from since losing an account in a game or free to play game means nothing, they just continue doing what they want.

So one chance per account is the way it should be if you cant keep them out for good.

You must have misunderstood. He was saying that he would rather have some cheaters unbanned right now and them stop using pb as it does ban legit players than have legit players banned in the future. And he said nothing about ff.

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

What was that? Unbanned for breaking the Terms of Service by account sharing, after the account sharing compromised the account (when it was actually using a VPN to make it look like someone else was cheating).

Sorry Tiggs, much as I like what you've done, you really failed on these letting them pull the wool over your eyes!!

Is the VPN thing confirmed?

Or is it just more hearsay

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Qualeta

Qualeta

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 29-June 13

Have you been banned in the past for cheating from Punk buster?  We have some good news for you, we're going to remove all Punk buster bans that happened from September 1, 2014 to today.  Now it's up to you to prove you can play without an unfair advantage over other players.  We hope that you've learned your lesson, and look forward to seeing you in game. 

Note: 

• If your account was multiple banned which means by Punk buster and Fair fight, or for another TOS violation and Punk buster, your account will not be unbanned. 
  • Do not contact support to be unbanned, this will be completed over the next hour and an email will be sent to your account. 
  • Only those that receive an email are being released. Email can take up to a hour to go out, be patient and again do not contact support or we'll not allow you this chance. 

I have one account in ban last 3-4 years ago... its from PB but this accout still banned

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

From what I've heard, G1 has other ways to check other than IPs.

x0sqco.jpg

TheNightingale

TheNightingale

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14

Is the VPN thing confirmed?

Or is it just more hearsay

So the options of what actually happened could be narrowed down.

Based on what he claimed (that his account information had been hacked, and someone had then cheated on it) he had been cheating for too long with recoil reduction for this to be truthful.

So his next gambit was that he had been account sharing (itself being a bannable offence) and his GIRLfriend had leaked his information.

Being a third party able to only look at what information was out there (before it got taken back out of public domain because it made G1 unbanning him look really rather silly) the only logic was that he had been using a VPN as a contingency in case he got banned for cheating so that he could CLAIM that he had been hacked, when really it was him all along - because his recoil reduction was NOT just a short term thing.

From what I've heard, G1 has other ways to check other than IPs.

I am sure that they do. But it does not take from the fact that the excuse he used as to how his account information got to the people that had 'hacked' his account was in itself a bannable offence. Regardless of which option is actually the truth, his ban was justified in terms of the ToS, and yet people like Willow remain banned for making a shirt while serial cheaters like Dogfish and now all the punkbustered people get a reprieve on an extremely dodgy premise.

Edited by TheNightingale, 12 December 2016 - 09:02 AM.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

CookyPuss

CookyPuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Joined 13-March 15
What is this whole "willow made a shirt and got banned" story? (and no, I dont need to hear about the "other" Willow story)

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

So the options of what actually happened could be narrowed down.

Based on what he claimed (that his account information had been hacked, and someone had then cheated on it) he had been cheating for too long with recoil reduction for this to be truthful.

So his next gambit was that he had been account sharing (itself being a bannable offence) and his GIRLfriend had leaked his information.

Being a third party able to only look at what information was out there (before it got taken back out of public domain because it made G1 unbanning him look really rather silly) the only logic was that he had been using a VPN as a contingency in case he got banned for cheating so that he could CLAIM that he had been hacked, when really it was him all along - because his recoil reduction was NOT just a short term thing.

I am sure that they do. But it does not take from the fact that the excuse he used as to how his account information got to the people that had 'hacked' his account was in itself a bannable offence. Regardless of which option is actually the truth, his ban was justified in terms of the ToS, and yet people like Willow remain banned for making a shirt while serial cheaters like Dogfish and now all the punkbustered people get a reprieve on an extremely dodgy premise.

Years of false bans is a "dodgy premise" ?

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

What is this whole "willow made a shirt and got banned" story? (and no, I dont need to hear about the "other" Willow story)

It was a goaty thing, and Willow was held to account for distributing shirts she'd made - which is apparently in the long term considered by G1 to be worse than cheating. Yes it was a daft thing to be banned for but given that they are unbanning people who have actively cheated, for them not to unban her for a moment of misguided stupidity is a bit harsh IMHO.

TheNightingale

TheNightingale

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14

Years of false bans is a "dodgy premise" ?

Your "Years of false bans" is actually "Years of 99.9% accurate bans". SO the overwhelming majority of the people being given a second chance are in fact nothing but scumbag arseholes.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Your "Years of false bans" is actually "Years of 99.9% accurate bans". SO the overwhelming majority of the people being given a second chance are in fact nothing but scumbag arseholes.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

theres been at least 2 other false ban waves that i can remember off the top of my head, who's to say there hasnt been some that were never looked into, let alone the possibility of individual false bans (i seem to recall a thread about a year long attempt to get unbanned)

its not a new thing, punkbuster doesnt work well in other games and it's never worked well in apb 

in any case tiggs said there was only a dozen or so people who were rebanned, so 99.9% of the "scumbag arseholes" are in fact playing legit

TheNightingale

TheNightingale

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14

theres been at least 2 other false ban waves that i can remember off the top of my head, who's to say there hasnt been some that were never looked into, let alone the possibility of individual false bans (i seem to recall a thread about a year long attempt to get unbanned)

its not a new thing, punkbuster doesnt work well in other games and it's never worked well in apb 

in any case tiggs said there was only a dozen or so people who were rebanned, so 99.9% of the "scumbag arseholes" are in fact playing legit

So you are saying that most of the thousands of blatant cheaters that Punkbuster caught over the years before fairfight were actually innocent? Do you actually believe the rubbish you talk? Are you really that daft? Or are you just another banned cheater trying to discredit the system that caught you?

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

✞✞✞

✞✞✞

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

So you are saying that most of the thousands of blatant cheaters that Punkbuster caught over the years before fairfight were actually innocent? Do you actually believe the rubbish you talk? Are you really that daft? Or are you just another banned cheater trying to discredit the system that caught you?

where did i say that?

all i said was that its easily possible that there are more false bans than are confirmed, given the large number of confirmed false bans

if g1 has decided to drop punkbuster after 6 years theres got to be something else going on in the bg

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1398 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

where did i say that?

all i said was that its easily possible that there are more false bans than are confirmed, given the large number of confirmed false bans

if g1 has decided to drop punkbuster after 6 years theres got to be something else going on in the bg

They dropped it to save money and the last banwave was probably triggered when they stopped paying for the license.

I haven't been banned in APB by PB, but I have been kicked countless times due to PB screwing up all the time. It often flags mouse/keyboard software as cheats even if you never programmed the macro functions.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 15 December 2016 - 02:15 AM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

They dropped it to save money and the last banwave was probably triggered when they stopped paying for the license.

I haven't been banned in APB by PB, but I have been kicked countless times due to PB screwing up all the time. It often flags mouse/keyboard software as cheats even if you never programmed the macro functions.

Yep - when there were false bans they tended to come in distinct waves which were then rectified after the event. I used to get kicked for packet loss occasionally because my computer was slow and the APB servers were badly compromised in the connection stakes. Never banned though - but then I don't use cheats so I don't find that surprising! The people that cry false bans of several of their buddies have likely been lied to by their 'friends', are lying themselves, or are lying to themselves.

dryzheL

dryzheL

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 22-November 16

The sentance "This cake is a lie" pops on my mind for some reason, I have been banned in my R240 criminal in sep' 2014, maybe few days before sep, but It wasn't released, I wasn't banned several times, I was banned once, the character named "Pitchounette" and for some reason it's still blocked, so where is my chance to prove myself to play without any "adventages", no chance, staying banned, I hate cheaters, and I used it once because the cheaters so you can understand the feeling. Eitherway, Tiggs I beg for second chance, I have done nothing wrong in the game at all, I'm not a "MrEpicGoat" type, I have never made other characters to cheat, I used it once because I played versus cheaters, so that was completely a frustrating move. Will I deserve a second chance?

Edited by dryzheL, 15 December 2016 - 07:40 AM.

elf199lvl

elf199lvl

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-September 15

Have you been banned in the past for cheating from Punk buster?  We have some good news for you, we're going to remove all Punk buster bans that happened from September 1, 2014 to today.  Now it's up to you to prove you can play without an unfair advantage over other players.  We hope that you've learned your lesson, and look forward to seeing you in game. 

Note: 

• If your account was multiple banned which means by Punk buster and Fair fight, or for another TOS violation and Punk buster, your account will not be unbanned. 
  • Do not contact support to be unbanned, this will be completed over the next hour and an email will be sent to your account. 
  • Only those that receive an email are being released. Email can take up to a hour to go out, be patient and again do not contact support or we'll not allow you this chance. 
Hello good day!!

Sorry, my English, I am Brazilian, my account has been banned and I do not know the reason, I have this account for a long time, I do not use any program or hacker.
I had this account at Hoplon over 2 years ago, I won some customization competitions.

After the migration in less than a month I was banned for no reason
Please help me with this problem, I really like the game, I put money into the game to buy weapons and accessories.

I'm a disciplined player, I play for fun.
I sent an email to the support and the answer seemed to be a ready text,
No one has access to my account,
When I took BAN I was in the social district, customizing the character
Please help me?
Please!!

I can not lose my account for no reason.
I've seen in the forum that many people are having the same problem.
Solve this problem
Thank you very much!

This account upload message was created when ip from Brazil was released on G1

The account I took ban was:
paulo_campos27@hotmail.com

Paulo

hello to all, sorry for bad English in advance...

i have the same problem here, was banned my account by FF autoban, i played on it for ~1.5 year, and a 9 days ago it was banned...

support not tell me for what i was banned, says that for hacks... and i see that i`m such not one with ban by FF, people was banned by mistake, and i really not understand why admins not want to carry out an inspection ... 

my account was banned by FairFight about two hours ago, can i know reason of the account ban? I play practically from a game release (began to play on your servers (the account was er0p@inbox.ru if I don't confuse), then there were several accounts on the Russian server, began to play on euro again one or two years ago), I didn't receive for all this time any ban in the game for hacks or macro, it is the first... I hate all hackers in games and I am shocked... in a steam at me on the account 1341 hour in the  game,  all the time spent in apb at least three-five thousand hours... i am not give the account to nobody, nobody used my PC except me...

i am ready to provide any data from the game client if you do not have them also from my computer any information to prove that I did not use hacks, I very much ask you to carry out an inspection... and here isn't present any bad comment on me, as usual write on pages of hackers

https://ffbans.org/C...zxGLADxxPWNZxzx

question to community of apb reloaded : and in particular server citadel eu
somebody sometime saw that I used any hacks or macro or something similar?

i tried to write here earlier but filter\modder not let me, cause was just regged nickname on forum... and main forum account was banned too...

i have donate and events guns and cars, etc... i am real owner of this account, i have old screenshots... and no one normal person won`t use hacks on account like this... 

I of course understand, anything happens... but I am  not from such, g1 please help, I love this game and I don't want to lose just like that the character, i will failed under the earth and hands will wither if I used hacks in APB at least once...

Edited by elf199lvl, 15 December 2016 - 04:13 PM.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5276 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We've removed the remainder of the Punk Buster bans (if they qualified). Emails will start going out tonight and most likely won't finish for a few hours.  If your account is still banned, please review the original post on why this happened. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15

We've removed the remainder of the Punk Buster bans (if they qualified). Emails will start going out tonight and most likely won't finish for a few hours.  If your account is still banned, please review the original post on why this happened. 

Did you guys went all the way back to July 2012?

Nouveh // Criminal // Progression // Citadel // R255

Weajh // Enforcer // WASP // Citadel // R255

"What Happens in The Dark Comes Out in The Light." - Trevor Phillips

dryzheL

dryzheL

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 22-November 16

That's pretty idiotic moment when you ignore a message that was completely unfair that people whom got banned a three years ago getting released from their bans, and I was banned once for cheats in maybe 5th of may, or april I don't remember before you ever brought FF to the game, so probably it was a ban from G1 mods or Punkbuster, most likely PB.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5276 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Did you guys went all the way back to July 2012?

It looks like 2013.  

That's pretty idiotic moment when you ignore a message that was completely unfair that people whom got banned a three years ago getting released from their bans, and I was banned once for cheats in maybe 5th of may, or april I don't remember before you ever brought FF to the game, so probably it was a ban from G1 mods or Punkbuster, most likely PB.

What are you going on about? Did you read the original post? 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

I was banned on my 3 accounts I had during the time of Punkbuster. They got banned around the same time (late 2013) and only one (my Colby west account) got unbanned. Is this supposed to happen?

Emails will start going out tonight and most likely won't finish for a few hours.

Wait until tomorrow.

Edited by Talla, 15 December 2016 - 10:49 PM.

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

Wait until tomorrow.

I will try to wait patiently.  :)

Thanks 

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

It looks like 2013.  

Will PB bans from 2011-2012 also be lifted in the future?

DwGBVYM.jpg

THEdoncholo2005

THEdoncholo2005

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 07-November 15

Spoiler
So why didn't ALL bans get reversed this time? What about the 2012 bans?

Edited by THEdoncholo2005, 16 December 2016 - 01:30 AM.

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

Tiggs clearly said if the account in question was "multiple banned" by FF and PB, it won't be unbanned. I am saying Fairfight was not around in late 2013, therefor the two accounts still banned must have been banned for another TOS violation. However, I had no indication of this being true as both accounts recieved ban emails saying they were banned for 3rd party tools.

From the number of people who have whined about ban information on the forums over the years, it seems that when an account is banned only one of the reasons for the ban is given even if they have caught you being a scumbag in a number of different ways.
Just because FF wasn't a thing at that time does not mean that the ban was entirely due to Punkbuster and no amount of wriggling around trying to twist wording to plead 'injustice' when the intent of that wording was perfectly clear, will trigger an unbanning.

While my personal feelings is that their communication leaves a great deal to be desired and that includes being absolutely concise when it comes to telling people why they got banned, there are a number of reasons why they might say 3rd party tools - for example if your original account was banned for cheating (3rd party tools) then future bans (ban evasion) may have just been given the same reason even though it was technically a ToS infringement - since the subsequent ban was based on the original offence.

Yes, it is lazy of the person who enacted the ban.
Yes, they are crappy at communication.
Yes, they should give specific reasons for anything but cheating.
No, they should not just alter a cut/paste to make it look individual.

And lastly...

No, it doesn't make the ban invalid so it should be lifted.

Edited by Vipertechs, 16 December 2016 - 02:23 AM.

nask0

nask0

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-May 14

Have you been banned in the past for cheating from Punk buster?  We have some good news for you, we're going to most of the Punk buster bans that happened from January 1, 2013 to today.  Now it's up to you to prove you can play without an unfair advantage over other players.  We hope that you've learned your lesson, and look forward to seeing you in game. 

Note: 

That is wrong.

People who cheat in pc games, doesn't need second or third chance. They have serious issues and need to speak with a shrink about it. And you know it.

Meww

Meww

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 08-September 14
Hey Tiggs are you guys going to consider unbanning people who werent banned by punkbuster but manual banned in the past? Kinda lame that if you broke the ToS without cheating you still don't get a chance to come back

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5276 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Why some accounts unbanned fine but others got emails and still banned? Well before ff was hete

This is why:

• If your account was multiple banned which means by Punk buster and Fair fight, or for another TOS violation and Punk buster, your account will not be unbanned. 

Those that are logging in and getting kicked/banned by Fairfight it's due to us lifting the ban on the account on our side for PunkBuster, but Fairfight is saying nope you're still banned. 

Mod Squad 76

Mod Squad 76

Reloaded Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 01-August 16

After clearing 4 pages of thread derailment and many other community violations, We're gonna end it there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users