New Update on OTW -- Halloween Patch

38 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5400 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We'll get some notes up shortly, we've opened up the OTW server to test the Halloween event.  Please be sure to review the OTW information post any bugs to the OTW bug reporting section.  

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3706 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Woo!  Can't wait to get home :D  You're gonna be competing with Mafia III for my time.  Mafia is probably gonna lose to this tbh.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 07 October 2016 - 10:00 AM.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3867 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Weeee heee!

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

kolaman91

kolaman91

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14

Thank you :)

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6794 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Is it possible that we could get a sub-forum to this OTW forum for announcements? I'd like to be able to subscribe to announcements, but I'm not sure I want to subscribe to the whole forum.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

FoxyARG

FoxyARG

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 21-August 14
Beautiful, i read the information post and I have a question
We have all the weapons and cars but we have access to all mods without restrictions aka weapon lvl or character lvl?

SpeedyCat

SpeedyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 13-December 12

Thanks Tiggs for this awsome step and News....., i am still downloading the OTW and are glad to help APB and the Community.

Damn, cant wait ^^ still 130 minutes left of Download :-/

Have read all rules for OTW and can say: "Yes I want to give my best!"

See you all helping hands later on OTW....., for me it takes some minutes ;-P

p.s.:Thanks for the @back, will answer it later today ;-)

Edited by SpeedyCat, 07 October 2016 - 10:31 AM.

PGAW67

PGAW67

Time Traveller ✔️️

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

Tiggs I must say this is getting better and better.

This feels like Gamers are first. Thank you very much.

Online at the moment, retrieving all the gifts I got sitting in my mail.

Edited by PGAW67, 07 October 2016 - 10:35 AM.

PC Specification

Spoiler

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1997 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Question, can I stream on it, since it's now public technically?

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5400 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Question, can I stream on it, since it's now public technically?

Yes, but please put something in your title to let players know it's not live and on our test server. We don't want an increase in support tickets from players not understanding why they can't see Halloween but see it on streams. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Zombie

Zombie

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

game client incorrecte version :waah: 

PGAW67

PGAW67

Time Traveller ✔️️

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

game client incorrecte version :waah:

You need to update the client first.

Go to Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB OTW\Launcher

Click on Launcher.exe and wait for it to update.

PC Specification

Spoiler

Zombie

Zombie

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

You need to update the client first.

Go to Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB OTW\Launcher

Click on Launcher.exe and wait for it to update.

the update is not out ?

PGAW67

PGAW67

Time Traveller ✔️️

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

the update is not out ?

After downloading and installing the OTW client don't go and launch the game (APB.exe)

Instead go to the folder APB OTW\Launcher and execute the APBLauncher.exe that will update your client with the latest patch, and you will be allowed  to get online into the OTW.

Edited by PGAW67, 07 October 2016 - 11:06 AM.

PC Specification

Spoiler

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1997 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Are you planning on gifting out the backpack to everyone in OTW so they can test it in the social district? Otherwise this seems counter-intuitive to have players unlock it just to use it, since that will take time with a small population on OTW.

I mean, i understand you want to make sure the unlocking and progression works, which can be done as well, but it wouild be nice to make sure the backpack asset is tested thoroughly as well before it goes live..

Just a thought.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Fiona Brooks

Fiona Brooks

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Joined 07-May 13

Thanks a lot! :)

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5289 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

I really have no criticism. Well done to say the least. Appreciate you opening this up and giving everyone an opportunity to contribute.

Edited by Genobee, 07 October 2016 - 11:28 AM.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14953 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Are you planning on gifting out the backpack to everyone in OTW so they can test it in the social district? Otherwise this seems counter-intuitive to have players unlock it just to use it, since that will take time with a small population on OTW.

I mean, i understand you want to make sure the unlocking and progression works, which can be done as well, but it wouild be nice to make sure the backpack asset is tested thoroughly as well before it goes live..

Just a thought.

Plus many players are not from NA and will get high pings, which will be hard and stressful to play with, especially trying to grind some unlock.

edUSqlQ.png

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7177 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Tiggs, could some type of mail be pushed out to everyone who had accounts before things went full public so we have all the mamba and cyber punk clothing packs like newer characters?

For science of course...

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

Tiggs, could some type of mail be pushed out to everyone who had accounts before things went full public so we have all the mamba and cyber punk clothing packs like newer characters?

For science of course...

I have the mamba and cyber packs on my characters from 2011, so it has nothing to do with account creation date. Or, it shouldn't.

so it may be an issue specifically for you. Either way they should periodically check to make sure everything is unlocked, especially newer stuff that needs to get tested, like how the cyber clothes had some serious bugs at first. That's the entire point, no need to justify.

apb stuff

Enforcer - The Agrotech Company of Tanberia

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7177 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I have the mamba and cyber packs on my characters from 2011, so it has nothing to do with account creation date. Or, it shouldn't.

so it may be an issue specifically for you. Either way they should periodically check to make sure everything is unlocked, especially newer stuff that needs to get tested, like how the cyber clothes had some serious bugs at first. That's the entire point, no need to justify.

Made a new character and noticed they were on the very last page, ill probably check my main character next time im on, though im not the only one who has had this issue... last i checked anyways.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Acid_Tank

Acid_Tank

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 28-December 14

Does anyone else get bugged mails that have nothing in them? If so, what the heIl is wrong with them?

Amaryste     

Criminal

Joker N/A 

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7177 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Does anyone else get bugged mails that have nothing in them? If so, what the heIl is wrong with them?

Likely just deleted content or old testing content that was removed. Just delete them and move to the next.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Healt

Healt

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 14-March 15

I wish Designer pack was included.

/s                                                                                                                                                         

StepMom

StepMom

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 19-November 14

Woo!  Can't wait to get home :D  You're gonna be competing with Mafia III for my time.  Mafia is probably gonna lose to this tbh.

no.. 

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1335 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Let me get this strait. You fired the majority of your QA team and now you're charging customers to do the bug testing. Am I seeing things right?

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7177 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Let me get this strait. You fired the majority of your QA team and now you're charging customers to do the bug testing. Am I seeing things right?

I mean, you can get premium for free, if anything this is more of an added bonus onto the current Premium features.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3867 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

I mean, you can get premium for free, if anything this is more of an added bonus onto the current Premium features.

Didn't they they block prem codes?

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

I ran out of premium last night :( 

Это был английский форум

1875686.png

Yangeline

Yangeline

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 17-July 12

Good to know I can test this and give feedback.

However, wouldn't it be wise to give some sort of small hat to those filing bug reports or testing the OTW? Maybe some of the rewards that were given for the referral program?

IGN: Yangeline - Enforcer Patriot EU2

/kiss

Soseji

Soseji

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 23-August 16

Premium codes were all disabled.

76561198048577060.png

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

No, this isn't nowhere near the same thing as doing paid QA lmao

The Greatest / Best clan ever is now RECRUITING!

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7177 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Didn't they they block prem codes?

Premium codes were all disabled.

I was more referring to the JMBs and various events that gave out account locked premium codes and JMBs with possible premium. 

Only disabled codes would/should be the custom ones.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1

SIDOX

SIDOX

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 21-October 11

is otw server down???

Posted Image

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3706 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

no.. 

yeah..

Tiranix

Tiranix

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 15-October 12

Hi guys. i have a problem. today i was trying to play on otw server but i can't tog in in the game.

p.s. on website i have no problem to log in and on live server with same login and password.

Yangeline

Yangeline

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 17-July 12

Server is down I think.

IGN: Yangeline - Enforcer Patriot EU2

/kiss

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5400 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

OTW is back in service. 

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Still downloading... Ill record my findings but no streams or anything just pure bug recording (and maybe collecting for fun)

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users