• This topic is locked This topic is locked
387 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5227 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We've been doing some tuning and tweaks to Fair fight over the last few weeks. We've been automating some processes and some are still under the review of GMs.  Over the next couple of weeks we'll continue to automate and tweak, to ensure that we're at a good place with removing the cheaters from the game.   

During this time we've had an issue on Saturday related to Punk-buster solely.  We turned off Punk-buster and reversed the bans related to this incident. This does not mean, all bans were reversed, just those related to Punk-buster having a crisis. Do NOT bother contacting support for an old Punk-buster ban, it'll remain in effect and not be removed unless you work with Punk-buster and they notify us of any false positives.  

We're also putting Punk buster on hold right now, we're going to monitor the progress of the changes we've done to Fair Fight and see how things go.  You can remove Punk buster safely at this time, if we decide to turn it back on you'll receive a download for the files at that time. 

With fair fight automated, we’ve been continually checking on bans that are initiated via Fair Fight, to ensure that there are no false positives. While doing these checks, we've found one event that is doing a false ban.  We're still identifying those accounts that had a ban triggered on them wrongly and reversing the ban. DO NOT CONTACT SUPPORT, we know who specifically was banned by this wrong trigger, and it's limited to a specific date and time period and so far 4 accounts.    If your ban is released you'll be emailed from support to let you know.   

Now before the tin foil hats come out and Illuminati has been confirmed, this is why we do checks and we'll continue to do so. We do not ban just to ban and when we have a ban that's done wrongly, we'll reverse it.  Our goal is to have a game that doesn't have cheaters in it, but we're not stupid and know that it's virtually impossible to remove every cheater but we'll do our best to keep most out. Hopefully you've started to see the difference, or you'll start seeing a difference. One change is removing those that are cheating quicker from the game.  

Last thing I wanted to mention is, over the last few days I've been helping support out with tickets. I've reviewed hundreds of bans and only 1 account had a ban reversal due to a hacked account (the player didn't provide the right information prior).  I even made sure to change the wording on my reply that the ticket was escalated for a ban review.  Players still choose to ignore that I changed the response and reply back whining that they're getting the same canned / automated responses.  So players will still claim false bans, and I just wanted it known that maybe if you took the time out to read a response from support you'll be surprised to see some of the wording is changed and customized to your situation. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

PvtSnowball

PvtSnowball

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

Ooooo. Interesting!

A  L  W  A  Y  S     Z  E  N
i just come here for the intro Kappa

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

communication +1

nice to see some progress

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

SpeedyCat

SpeedyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 13-December 12

Tiggs you made my day again ^^ such nice news all over today OMG i am Happy you are our CM ;-) :wub:

sneekface

sneekface

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11

Keep up the good work!

9tHHDo3.png   icon_grenade_eightball.pngicon_grenade_eightball.pngicon_grenade_eightball.png

"This is an epic race between engine update and hl3" - Ourumow

Gro

Gro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Nice.

Edited by Gro, 18 October 2016 - 10:45 AM.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4519 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Keep up the good work it can be a war to take on "cheaters" will always be that way back and forth one side above the other than the other makes it back ontop way of the anticheat vs cheat

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

a Pair of Socks

a Pair of Socks

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Joined 26-July 13

Well, what about straight up ignoring some cases of people being banned?

A close friend of mine, which has been playing for three and a half years, who was Manual Banned ( No FF and No PB. Just Account Blocked ) without any sort of reason at all whatsoever AND has been trying to contact you guys for days on end now with zero response.

Put your helmet on and go back to bed.

BoefB

BoefB

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 29-July 12

Greattt! We all love a fair gameplay

SW1FT

SW1FT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

A close friend of mine, which has been playing for three and a half years, who was Manual Banned ( No FF and No PB. Just Account Blocked ) without any sort of reason at all whatsoever AND has been trying to contact you guys for days on end now with zero response.

Same for a friend of mine who got silently banned some months ago, with the "ToS violation" reason, without any sort of customized answer even though he asked for it.

m2nGaOE.png

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5227 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

I'm not turning this into a thread to research tickets. Your friend is probably not telling you the truth, I know for a fact that all banned queue tickets that were received prior to 8 hours ago were responded to personally by me. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Fiona Brooks

Fiona Brooks

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Joined 07-May 13

Very nice! Thanks! :)

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

so if you have been tuning ff to detect cheaters what was it doing before

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

The Suspect

The Suspect

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 01-January 16

Thanks!

Those recent tweaks to FF are pretty good, as far as I have noticed most of speedhacking blatants getting banned within a few missions.

SoleSurvivor / iNik

SoleSurvivor / iNik

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11

I'm glad to see this. Hopefully we will see less if any teleport/speed hacking going on. Thank you Tiggs and the rest of the team. God bless APB.

plaodu87334.png

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

so if you have been tuning ff to detect cheaters what was it doing before

not detecting cheaters as fast as it should now

try to keep up

Edited by BXNNXD, 05 October 2016 - 02:57 PM.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

ilikecake

ilikecake

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11

interesting.....

btw this is good communication. needs more plz thx

I read hentai mangas for the storylines im srs.

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

Last thing I wanted to mention is, over the last few days I've been helping support out with tickets. I've reviewed hundreds of bans and only 1 account had a ban reversal due to a hacked account (the player didn't provide the right information prior). 

let me guess, a VPN change means a accound unbanned (if banned), or should I just be a good twitch streamer and speak nicley to you? 

hearing about unbanned accounts just does my nut in. funny that the twitch streamer get ''hacked by Russains/Americans'' 

nice.

1875686.png

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5305 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

Ugh. Thank you for making a post about this. I was getting quite tired of seeing "..but my "friends" ban must've been accidental then too!" threads. Yet at the same time I'm a bit sad that you had to make a statement about it. Ah well.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

let me guess, a VPN change means a accound unbanned (if banned), or should I just be a good twitch streamer and speak nicley to you? 

hearing about unbanned accounts just does my nut in. funny that the twitch streamer get ''hacked by Russains/Americans'' 

nice.

crazy how all the other banned streamers havent been unbanned

ilikecake

ilikecake

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11

Please never turn on PunkBuster again....  everything will run better with it gone (server /client w/e).

I read hentai mangas for the storylines im srs.

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

crazy how all the other banned streamers havent been unbanned

are you joking? 

1875686.png

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5227 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

nice.

Nope not at all, do you want a tin foil hat too? :) 

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

Nope not at all, do you want a tin foil hat too? :)

don't need one, all I know is that people get banned and cry to you with a ''I got hacked'' card and you fall for it. 

1875686.png

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

are you joking? 

don't need one, all I know is that people get banned and cry to you with a ''I got hacked'' card and you fall for it. 

she literally just said there was 1 ban reversed because of the "i got hacked card"

if g1 was really worried about the sub-100 views apb streamers get, you'd imagine a lot more of them would be getting unbanned

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

she literally just said there was 1 ban reversed because of the "i got hacked card"

if g1 was really worried about the sub-100 views apb streamers get, you'd imagine a lot more of them would be getting unbanned

''over the last few days I've been helping support out with tickets. I've reviewed hundreds of bans and only 1 account had a ban reversal due to a hacked account''

I was talking about overall. sorry I wasn't so clear for you mr. Banned.

1875686.png

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

Other than the Salt I show about other things that isn't a FF issue.

good job on FairFight.

Edited by MAFFEE, 05 October 2016 - 03:53 PM.

1875686.png

HimeKiwi

HimeKiwi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 20-September 13

Love that you're handling the blow against APB:R well.

Keep up the good work. :3

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3815 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Really happy to hear this Tiggs, thanks!

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

Tiggs, I'd like to have my questions answered. (god that sounds rude, sorry)

I could take this to support but I'm not sure yet, so I'll ask here (no, this is not a "look into my ticket" complaint :))

My account has been banned over 2 years ago (just a few days after fairfight release) and I wasn't cheating (I don't care what people think, at this point you can think whatever you want). the question is, can support still investigate my ban? I haven't had proper help from support back then, I guess they were kinda fed up with lots of people complaining. I also had like 10-15 friends help me contact support but nothing helped sadly.

So, regarding account ownership I can provide it (support could send me an extra mail to my banned account email adress and I can send the "secret message" back, atleast that how I've done it with ubisoft support once a while ago), and regarding the questions that could be asked to prove account ownership, I know that I have the wrong birthday on my old account (yes, I lied with the birthday way back then because I was underage... don't tell me I'm a bad person now lol. also I'm not underage anymore so no worries, I'm 20 :P ) but I know support can change my birthday on the account (did the same with my ubisoft account because, no jokes, someone hacked into it and changed the profile settings and everything).

so in short

is it possible to reopen investigation in my over 2 year old ban? (one of the reasons why they probably didn't investigate further is because I had a fake birthday on that account, sadly.)
is it also possible to provide ownership of my old account via a second mail send to the email adress and / or a picture of my ID card (to proof my birthday right)?
and if all that is possible, my last question would be, IF I get unbanned, is there any way I could transfer / merge the items from my old account with the account I'm using now (since i've spend over 1000€ on my old, banned account and it would be a shame to let one of the accounts die like that)?

sorry for my lack of good english skills, take it easy :^)

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

finaljustice

finaljustice

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Joined 05-March 11
I understand the reasoning behind ditching punkbuster, but I think it's a bad idea.

If there isn't something in place to prevent the cheats from logging in in the first place then the cheat providers will never have to update and the cheaters will find settings that allow them to keep their accounts for days, weeks, months, years. Also it takes minutes for them to reroll anyway.

Yeah so we have to wait months for PB to be updated to detect goats new cheat, but at least we will have a couple weeks of no one being able to use it. A week of no goat suckers is way better than a constant stream of low rank bots.

FF is great and all but it's reactionary rather than preventative. We need both.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5227 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Trust me we have checks in place to verify, it's not a falling for it type of deal. 

iDev

iDev

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Joined 29-November 14

We do not ban just to ban 

Eh.. You do seem rather trigger-happy with select few people in your circle. Applying a custom ban earlier this year on me and having false claims as the ban reason.

Edited by iDev, 05 October 2016 - 04:26 PM.

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

Tiggs, I'd like to have my questions answered. (god that sounds rude, sorry)

I could take this to support but I'm not sure yet, so I'll ask here (no, this is not a "look into my ticket" complaint :))

My account has been banned over 2 years ago (just a few days after fairfight release) and I wasn't cheating (I don't care what people think, at this point you can think whatever you want). the question is, can support still investigate my ban? I haven't had proper help from support back then, I guess they were kinda fed up with lots of people complaining. I also had like 10-15 friends help me contact support but nothing helped sadly.

So, regarding account ownership I can provide it (support could send me an extra mail to my banned account email adress and I can send the "secret message" back, atleast that how I've done it with ubisoft support once a while ago), and regarding the questions that could be asked to prove account ownership, I know that I have the wrong birthday on my old account (yes, I lied with the birthday way back then because I was underage... don't tell me I'm a bad person now lol. also I'm not underage anymore so no worries, I'm 20 :P ) but I know support can change my birthday on the account (did the same with my ubisoft account because, no jokes, someone hacked into it and changed the profile settings and everything).

so in short

is it possible to reopen investigation in my over 2 year old ban? (one of the reasons why they probably didn't investigate further is because I had a fake birthday on that account, sadly.)
is it also possible to provide ownership of my old account via a second mail send to the email adress and / or a picture of my ID card (to proof my birthday right)?
and if all that is possible, my last question would be, IF I get unbanned, is there any way I could transfer / merge the items from my old account with the account I'm using now (since i've spend over 1000€ on my old, banned account and it would be a shame to let one of the accounts die like that)?

sorry for my lack of good english skills, take it easy :^)

Man that sucks I believe everybody should get a second chance of returning is it hoplon or Innova do this or I'm wrong here plus if a person got banned like 3 years ago they should give him a second chance I believe 3 years is a good punishment. But hey that's my opinion

xertioN

xertioN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 15-July 15

Awesome job Tiggs and the team keep up the great work

AMG, 3K

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2472 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

It's good to see such visible progress. Thank you, and please pass on appreciation to your team, Tiggs.

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

Man that sucks I believe everybody should get a second chance of returning is it hoplon or Innova do this or I'm wrong here plus if a person got banned like 3 years ago they should give him a second chance I believe 3 years is a good punishment. But hey that's my opinion

well, I don't need a "second chance" because I wasn't actually cheating, but yea I actually agree with you. (and hey, I've been playing another 2+ years without cheating and would never even consider doing that sh*t. I gotta say, I always have this fear somewhere deep inside me that I'm getting falsely banned again just because of my experience 2 years ago. #feelsbadman)

I'd also like to add: people have to be really speshul to start cheating after they got banned. I've been banned once and lost my 1000€+ account and didn't feel the urge to cheat "just to damage G1" or "because I'm upset". even if they'd ban me falsely a second time I wouldn't start cheating. maybe quit the game for good but nothing else.

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

Crixxusss/xIsaacFrostx

Crixxusss/xIsaacFrostx

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15
I'm glad you guys are automating more things in FairFight. I think it's for the best. Now I'll continue to shovel money into G1's pockets! :D

NOTE: I would probably still buy things regardless; this is just an excuse to spend more money on the ARMAS store! Lol

odpalu774e8.png

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

to uninstall punkbuster: run punkbuster uninstaller, go into apb reloaded > binaries and delete the pb folder and pbsvc_apb.exe, then go into users/[username]/appdata/local/punkbuster and delete the APB folder from there also @Tiggs the launcher still redownloads punkbuster so we have to manually launch the game from apb.exe

Edit: if you have other games that use punkbuster then go in apb reloaded > binaries and just delete the pb folder and pbsvc_apb.exe without running uninstaller

Edit 2: Remove the Punkbuster folder from TPI or else the Launcher will reinstall punkbuster

Edited by iKaitlyn, 19 October 2016 - 11:48 AM.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5227 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

to uninstall punkbuster: run punkbuster uninstaller, go into apb reloaded > binaries and delete the pb folder, then go into users/[username]/appdata/local/punkbuster and delete the APB folder from there also @Tiggs the launcher still redownloads punkbuster so we have to manually launch the game from apb.exe

Edit: if you have other games that use punkbuster then go in apb reloaded > binaries and delete the pb folder and pbvsc_apb.exe rather than running uninstaller

Thanks for letting me know, I'll  let the team know it's doing that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users