• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5170 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We're going to be shutting down the Refer A friend beta.  No new referrals will be allowed at this time, any existing referrals will need to be completed by September 18th 11:59 PM CDT.  

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

celebrate

celebrate

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Joined 14-June 13

Beta?

So when can we see this coming back, and what will change?

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7251 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Well then...

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
 [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: Help, I've fallen and i cant get up!

RaveTheWolf

RaveTheWolf

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14

Oh, well guess it is my fault for slacking :P

darker

darker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 03-December 15

lmao 'beta'

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7139 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Uhh. . . okay.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Pristal

Pristal

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

Aw, boo! Well, the free stuff was nice and got a handful of friends to try the game at least during it. 

Excited to see potential changes, and the possible re-launch? ;o

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5170 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

lmao 'beta'

We never released it as a live product and  was in  "beta" form. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Nite

Nite

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 12-July 15

wave bye-bye to the Account-bound Vegas 4x4, VBR Temptress, Future Tech weapon skin.......

Haganu

Haganu

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3677 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

Glad you're doing what should've been done 6-8 months ago. Better late than never I suppose.

Lust, Wrath, Envy, Pride, Greed, Gluttony and Sloth

JRavtd5.png

Haganu - Criminal | - - - - - - Symbols by LarsJack on DeviantArt, remade and made bodypaint off of them ingame. - - - - - - | Matoii - Enforcer  

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7251 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

We never released it as a live product and  was in  "beta" form. 

Think he's one of those people around during the CBT/OBT times, game played like a finished product but was stilled labeled Beta.

etc, etc...

Edited by SkittyM, 13 September 2016 - 03:39 PM.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

darker

darker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 03-December 15

wonder what new features the new and improved refer a friend will contain now that it's going to be out of beta.

XxMrM0dZxX

XxMrM0dZxX

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

wave bye-bye to the Account-bound Vegas 4x4, VBR Temptress, Future Tech weapon skin.......

We will probably keep what we earned account-wide

Jericho: MrM0dZ  XxMrM0dZxX / RoseIuck / ChiakiNanamii

criminal_gold_250.pngicon_equipment_handcuffslv3.pngicon_explosive_opgl.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr762.pngicon_shotgun_jg_stockdown.pngicon_rifle_obeya.pngicon_lightmachinegun_shaw556.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_act44_laststand_purple.pngicon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_sd_gold.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_gold.pngicon_rifle_sacr_stock_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngfnmod_consumable_medikit.pngfnmod_consumable_cover.pngenforcer_gold_250.png

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

Oh... ok :(

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. overwatch trash atm.

XxMrM0dZxX

XxMrM0dZxX

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

wonder what new features the new and improved refer a friend will contain now that it's going to be out of beta.

it's not going to continue now,tiggs said it was never a "live product"

Jericho: MrM0dZ  XxMrM0dZxX / RoseIuck / ChiakiNanamii

criminal_gold_250.pngicon_equipment_handcuffslv3.pngicon_explosive_opgl.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr762.pngicon_shotgun_jg_stockdown.pngicon_rifle_obeya.pngicon_lightmachinegun_shaw556.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_act44_laststand_purple.pngicon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_sd_gold.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_gold.pngicon_rifle_sacr_stock_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngfnmod_consumable_medikit.pngfnmod_consumable_cover.pngenforcer_gold_250.png

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9727 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Hopefully you folks address the constructive feedback given.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Majiik

Majiik

Morlock Developer

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 20-September 10

You can't call things "beta" anymore, you have to use the term "early access".  :Ha Ha Ha:

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

rip. my friend and i aren't able to play apb until october. he was so close to completing the tut!

o well, it's okay, tho. got what was wanted already. 

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

so will refer a friend be relaunched fully live or not relaunch again?

Edited by Jasmyne Rayne, 13 September 2016 - 03:46 PM.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5170 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

You can't call things "beta" anymore, you have to use the term "early access".  :Ha Ha Ha:

Kids these days! :P 

-ks-

-ks-

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11
I guess a blog post telling us what you took from the beta would be in order?

Rip killerskull and -killerskull- (Cumulative post count of 10k plus (not that it matters))

Nite

Nite

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 12-July 15

We will probably keep what we earned account-wide

Well yeah, that's to be expected.

Still, anyone looking to RaF as a means of relative easy access to the Vegas 4x4 can kiss that option buh-bye.

If ya don't have it by now, get ready with that wallet......

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Out of interest, what was the decision to close this down now? It's not being used as much as expected? There was no-one working on it anymore and it was abandoned?

I think a few of us would love to know what finally caused this bit to have its plug pulled.

Edited by Kempington, 13 September 2016 - 03:52 PM.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

Still, anyone looking to RaF as a means of relative easy access to the Vegas 4x4 can kiss that option buh-bye.

I just hope they allow us the account wide rhino kit in the finished refer a friend (if it's going to exist) rather than the firehawk, I'd rather an account wide kit I can actually mix with stock vegas rather than the ugly firehawk kit x.x

Edited by Jasmyne Rayne, 13 September 2016 - 03:52 PM.

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

Easy access. Are people that lazy these days that they want to do near nothing to get something they want?

then again i didn't care about the cars.

Edited by senua, 13 September 2016 - 03:53 PM.

VickyFox

VickyFox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1941 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

Congrats to the peopl that were able to refer people to APB, I struggle to convince myself to continue at times...

To the rest, GG on the legal exploitation.

| VickyFox | Colby TB - NA | Enforcer | enforcer_gold_250.png | Cop Rank: 15 | Threat: Gold | Rank: 255 |

76561198064842306.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Any chance of the content exclusive to RaF being put on Armas?  I want the Temptress but my friend quit the game because he couldn't run it ;~;

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 13 September 2016 - 04:02 PM.

Nite

Nite

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 12-July 15

Easy access. Are people that lazy these days that they want to do near nothing to get something they want?

then again i didn't care about the cars.

Its "easy access" compared to grinding Ten Thousand Joker Tickets to get a character bound 4x4 Vegas in a world with no event counter tasks to rely on for crazy sums of joker tickets per day. 

Calling it "do near nothing" is quite inaccurate.

Edited by Nite, 13 September 2016 - 04:04 PM.

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

Its "easy access" compared to grinding Ten Thousand Joker Tickets to get a character bound 4x4 Vegas in a world with no event counter tasks to rely on for crazy sums of joker tickets per day. 

Calling it "do near nothing" is quite inaccurate.

Macchina Calabria > 4x4

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

Macchina Calabria > 4x4

no, just no.

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

no, just no.

yes. and the starter one at that too. beast of a vroom vroom. 

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

yes. and the starter one at that too. beast of a vroom vroom. 

xD Calabria is too slow and ugly for me, only thing it has going for it is steering

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

why though?

I got 2/3 refered but the second isn't done yet... it's not possible to finish in 4 days... what will happen to it? if the system comes back, will we be able to finished it, or does it count as "two out of three finished"?

really weird that this is happening now... guess it has something to do with the console versions / engine update I guess?.. :)

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

xD Calabria is too slow and ugly for me, only thing it has going for it is steering

but, nothing beats running over your overzealous enemy in a potato car.

Edited by senua, 13 September 2016 - 04:19 PM.

Loom

Loom

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

Do we keep the earned points and will we be able to spend them even after its closed ?

is this how you forum ?

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5170 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

There won't be any new and improved features, we're discontinuing the RAF program. 

so will refer a friend be relaunched fully live or not relaunch again?

There won't be any new and improved features, we're discontinuing the RAF program. 

I guess a blog post telling us what you took from the beta would be in order?

No, I made a post on the forums. No need for a blog post filled with nothing new. 

Out of interest, what was the decision to close this down now? It's not being used as much as expected? There was no-one working on it anymore and it was abandoned?

I think a few of us would love to know what finally caused this bit to have its plug pulled.

We decided it's best since it's not being used as expected and nearly as much. It's a waste of Dev time for the issues that are on going, they need to stay focused on their current project. 

Any chance of the content exclusive to RaF being put on Armas?  I want the Temptress but my friend quit the game because he couldn't run it ;~;

It's possible in the future. 

Do we keep the earned points and will we be able to spend them even after its closed ?

No sorry, once it's closed they're gone. 

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14
Well that sucks. I never did it and assumed it was not going anywhere.

Think he's one of those people around during the CBT/OBT times, game played like a finished product but was stilled labeled Beta.

etc, etc...

This made me lol more than most of your posts which is already a lot. The game still plays like a beta today.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

Kliessen

Kliessen

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 19-August 14

mildly disappointing news. just got a few friends into the game as well.

Guess it was to be expected. the RaF system was extremely generous for what you had to do to earn points and generosity has no place in APB outside of the occasional event.

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Well, damn. Here I was hoping they'd release one more refer to make up for the one I accidentally ruined, but now it'll be gone.

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7251 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Well that sucks. I never did it and assumed it was not going anywhere.

This made me lol more than most of your posts which is already a lot. The game still plays like a beta today.

That's because the game never truly left Beta status, even under RTW it was still an incomplete project.

But back then the game ran better than it does now and such.  Game had Beta tacked into its name but for most, it sure as hell didn't seem like a Beta for what it was then.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users