TheFreelancer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Joined 09-February 12
Imo the priority list should be as following:
- Finish & release the Engine Upgrade.
- Fix 'patched' guns that genuily got broken due to patching them. (E.g. OBIR, M-1922 & Bullshark)
- Release new update with new contacts.
- Start releasing new armas content, loyalty rewards & f2p content.

GavidaR

GavidaR

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 24-March 14

Community has been asking for an engine upgrade for the past 3 years, still a doubt about what we want?

76561198023969454.png  

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2545 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

PunkStrider

PunkStrider

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 17-April 14

Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases

absolutely, on my opinion, because it was announced more than 2 years and could be great potential to make this game more playable

(oh, i hope that you optimize also those explosions and flames...dammit they are a real broke for this game)

DominaLupus

DominaLupus

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1694 posts
  • Joined 11-October 11

How?  Are they going to magically receive more devs that have knowledge of the inner workings of the contacts AND the engine upgrade?

They can just take the easy way out like they always do. The contacts are ready to go just they just don't have rewards for them yet (This is per one of the previous RP members). I'm sure the car is complete, has a kit, and I highly doubt the 1 guy who does the cars is working on the engine upgrade. All that needs to be done is come up with an ugly color scheme for a premade car, a tacky weapon skin to match the car and a set of clothing. Spread some of these "new" found items, the car unlocks between the 20 level and bam....just like the last two contacts its done.

Please bring back the ability to color text posts, White hurts my eyes. Bob's your uncle.

If you want more of my money, Give us the Communication overload you promised us.

As well as finally break all car kits from clothing packs.

Fleshpound

Fleshpound

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts
  • Joined 24-June 14

Community Priority:

Engine Upgrade and no new content for that year.

Why?   It will make 1.20 actually.    And they can throw some minor balance(HVR mobility for example)

Edited by Fleshpound, 17 August 2016 - 12:37 AM.

We will fight with auto responses by QUOTE AUTO RESPONSE!

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4738 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

If you're wondering why so many people want the engine upgrade immediately, consider it like this:

APB Reloaded has been running since 2011. If it's Q1 2017 and we still haven't got an upgrade, players will have spent half their time with the game simply waiting for that upgrade to turn up.

It's not simply a matter of "How well is the game running now", it's the long term picture. You guys said yourself you wanted this game to last 10 years. But if you don't have this upgrade, how can you ever hope to maintain a steady number of users?

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Non-negotiable priority list:

1. Buff Remote Detonator
  2. Enable heavy-set girls in character creation
  3. Engine update
  4. Hire Todesklinge for weapons balancing
  5. Protect new players in Bronze districts from high level silvers and dethreaters
  6. Start lobbying the United Nations for writing a ban of pinapple on pizzas into the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
  7. MOAR Fresno kits
  8. Expand Todesklinge's role to include mods balancing
  9. Give me 4 free likes, so that I break the "1000 likes" glass ceiling
  10. Recommend me a good therapist, to help me with my narcissism and need for attention and approval from on-line strangers
  11. Dynamic boob jiggle for male characters
  12. ... and a paaaartriiidge in a pearrrr treeeeee

Edited by AsgerLund, 17 August 2016 - 01:06 AM.

> Part-time perc'er <> Permanent casual <> Fresno detonator <

AsgerLund - Citadel <> Clan lumberjack - Midgard Inc.

czm__

czm__

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12

One way I've seen in the past to cut down on cheaters is a monthly subscription based model, I'm not saying they don't exist in these types of models but they're less in numbers since it costs them to come back.  What's your thoughts on that?  Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available? For example, subscriber only servers with perks?  It's something I've always thought about, and I'm just wondering what the communities thoughts are, maybe I should have asked this in a different thread =)   

A monthly subscribtion would be great!

Give the game a price of 20$ or smth on steam/gamerfirst.

Add testaccounts that can be leveled to a certain level.

That's the best medicine against cheaters and toxic behavior.

APB being pay2play was always our biggist wishfull thought. Maybe you're able to mix pay2play and free2play, would be an innovation. :)

Since performance is the most important issue. And we don't know if the engine update will do any impact on that.

1# Servers, steady 33ms and lower is they way to go.

2# Daily's, Activities, Rewards, Achivements (Maybe a complete new system including clan's)

19# Engine Upgrate

99# Content

I don't think, we actually need new content. If everything around this game works well.

actually nothing changed, we still have the same wishes for this game since 2k11. (:

Jotunblut, revoemag and all those failed at making content and the new team fails at even simpler things.

The whole concept and prioritys are messed up, please hire someone with game knowladge. And/Or get the old spct back.

We need to talk.

Performance and most importantly the way of implementation of weapons and their mechanics.

edit;  gosh darn car spawns, gosh darn the new weapon balance and mechanics, gosh darn explosive weapons,  gosh darn range patch, gosh darn selective spawn, gosh darn patch 1.11, gosh darn the new login screen

gosh darn server merge

Edited by xNyuu, 17 August 2016 - 01:50 AM.

The number one kills or is killed. You do not have the luxury to choose who's blood you spill.

ReaperTHEbutcher

ReaperTHEbutcher

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 23-December 13

I really rather put the ''engine upgrade'' aside and get new fresh content, as content i mean- new contacts with new unlockables, more buyable content through joker store and you might consider refining the lore of the game abit so it will suit the present APB, on the other hand you might just multitask and have new content ready right after the release of the upgraded engine.

Edited by ReaperTHEbutcher, 17 August 2016 - 01:20 AM.

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1856 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Release the PC engine upgrade before november

Edited by LordRainbow, 17 August 2016 - 01:44 AM.

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1856 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

A monthly subscribtion would be great!

Give the game a price of 20$ or smth on steam/gamerfirst.

Add testaccounts that can be leveled to a certain level.

That's the best medicine against cheaters and toxic behavior.

APB being pay2play was always our biggist wishfull thought. Maybe you're able to mix pay2play and free2play, would be an innovation. :)

Since performance is the most important issue. And we don't know if the engine update will do any impact on that.

1# Servers, steady 33ms and lower is they way to go.

2# Daily's, Activities, Rewards, Achivements (Maybe a complete new system including clan's)

19# Engine Upgrate

99# Content

I don't think, we actually need new content. If everything around this game works well.

actually nothing changed, we still have the same wishes for this game since 2k11. (:

Jotunblut, revoemag and all those failed at making content and the new team fails at even simpler things.

The whole concept and prioritys are messed up, please hire someone with game knowladge. And/Or get the old spct back.

We need to talk.

Performance and most importantly the way of implementation of weapons and their mechanics.

edit;  gosh darn car spawns, gosh darn the new weapon balance and mechanics, gosh darn explosive weapons,  gosh darn range patch, gosh darn selective spawn, gosh darn patch 1.11, gosh darn the new login screen

gosh darn server merge

Hell yeah i totally see new players paying 20$ and flooding this game. This could happen only with amazing PR, amazing re-reviews and players backing all of it in steam reviews. We are currently struggling to maintain current playerbase and adding more walls would only make it worse.

Bleeder91

Bleeder91

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Joined 28-October 11

Funny. Postponing the engine upgrade, you say? So you spend all this time working on something, then decide it's not worth it anymore and that new content, content that's already stretching the current engine to its limits, would be something we want over something you promised eons ago?

I think G1 doesn't even know themselves that the engine upgrade would allow every other option they presented:

1. More content possible.

2. More content possible.

3. MORE CONTENT POSSIBLE!?

4. Improved networking code resulting in more stable servers.

5. Stable servers means more players can join a district without affecting server performance.

6. More players in a district means better matchmaking.

7. Overall improvement of the game + overhaul patch would lead to more active players (for at least a while depending on the actual upgrade specs).

As far as subscriptions go (and by subscriptions you mean PREMIUM... right?), it should only apply to Premium Districts. Changing the game to Pay 2 Play is an absolute NO-NO!

Edited by Bleeder91, 17 August 2016 - 02:09 AM.

fnmod_character_fragile.pngfnmod_character_valzipram.pngfnmod_character_remotedetonator.pngfnmod_consumable_epinephrine.png        icon_smg_aces-rifle_gold.pngfnmod_weapon_extendedbarrel.pngfnmod_weapon_mobilitysling.pngfnmod_weapon_magazinepull3.png        icon_flaregun_gold.pngfnmod_weapon_flare.png        icon_grenade_frag.png        macchinacalabria127.pngfnmod_vehicle_mobilesupplyunit.pngfnmod_vehicle_muffler.pngfnmod_vehicle_explosives3.pngfnmod_vehicle_brick.png

BingoBookBG

BingoBookBG

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12

Engine upgrade first then:new matchmaking,2 new contacts,new clan system(dynamic event clan vs clan etc)missions changes.Later:weather changes(rain,snow)bikes and other stuff like this if possible

p.s. nice blog

Edited by BingoBookBG, 19 August 2016 - 09:35 AM.

TheMessiah - Enforcer 255 - Citadel              youtube.com/c/MartinTheMessiah

Tergyt

Tergyt

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 05-March 13

- Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases

We'll be fine without content for a while. We are just basically waiting for the engine upgrade anyway. So no need to focus on the content and put your focus on the engine upgrade. 

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4082 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13
Suddenly you let the community decide what should come first, engine or new content. From previous experience I can say our opinions don't matter, but personaly I am surprised that Deep Silver appear uninterested about your decisions.
Finish the engine, don't let your customers wait any longer. In the mean time come up with creative events to put the game's potencial in use.

At last, can we have Techmech's word on this?

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

Heres a suggestion

Why dont you bring aboard some players who have been playing this game for a long time (id say 2k+ gaming hrs account overall with an account that was made at least 3 yrs ago) and have them monitor servers for hackers and do appropiate banning as GSS (game support staff) these would be ppl who have been around and can be on often during set times to watch all the districts (id say something like 2 per side per dist) and any dist thats up and running would have an eye on them at all times. This would lead to faster bans, hackers ruining gameplay for players less and an overall server improvement (hacks can slow down a server) and suspend anyone abusing bugs/glitches (this has been a major issue for yrs now and ppl still find ways to get around fixes G1 patches in)

These ppl could be volunteer or to bring more interest and show a job well done could get afew perm weapons of their choosing in game per yr (2-4 id say and they couldnt be sold or traded) There are alot of players who have stuck by G1 and APB through all of this (myself included) who would love to step in and support the game in a more active role, this would be a very good place to do that. These GSS players could do wonders for keeping hacker numbers at a min while the GMs do what they gota do.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1856 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Heres a suggestion

Why dont you bring aboard some players who have been playing this game for a long time (id say 2k+ gaming hrs account overall with an account that was made at least 3 yrs ago) and have them monitor servers for hackers and do appropiate banning as GSS (game support staff) these would be ppl who have been around and can be on often during set times to watch all the districts (id say something like 2 per side per dist) and any dist thats up and running would have an eye on them at all times. This would lead to faster bans, hackers ruining gameplay for players less and an overall server improvement (hacks can slow down a server) and suspend anyone abusing bugs/glitches (this has been a major issue for yrs now and ppl still find ways to get around fixes G1 patches in)

These ppl could be volunteer or to bring more interest and show a job well done could get afew perm weapons of their choosing in game per yr (2-4 id say and they couldnt be sold or traded) There are alot of players who have stuck by G1 and APB through all of this (myself included) who would love to step in and support the game in a more active role, this would be a very good place to do that. These GSS players could do wonders for keeping hacker numbers at a min while the GMs do what they gota do.

i'm hacking according to many "+2k gametime vets". Should I be banned only because they've said so? You can have even 8k hours and still be a noob. They can put ff on auto and it will do it's job.

Edited by LordRainbow, 17 August 2016 - 02:37 AM.

RaPe

RaPe

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-October 11
Ask to players if they prefer an update engines or some new contents is like asking if they prefer not have legs, or not have arms.

Engine update, anti cheat system etc all of these are technical aspects of the game and, although this is important and that it is (very) interesting to have the point of view via the blog or forum, I don't think that's what the players come search on APB

Come back to the fundamental of the game please. The content, content and content. Especially the new maps !

Thx and have fun ;)

RageKiller47

RageKiller47

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts
  • Joined 11-October 11
Most of the players may vote that you guys complete the engine upgrade before you release anymore content, but Tiggs this is a question only you and your team can know the proper answer to.

Also, the engine upgraded version of APB had already released on Xbox, this means you are not blocked by any NDA right? Why don't you guys show some more official engine upgrade footage from PC?

And how come it's that you guys are *completely* reserved for console releases? Weren't you guys only assisting on this? This makes me think, once ps4 also releases will you guys fully pool your efforts back to PC or still continue to work on consoles?

Edited by RageKiller47, 17 August 2016 - 03:20 AM.

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

i'm hacking according to many "+2k gametime vets". Should I be banned only because they've said so? You can have even 8k hours and still be a noob. They can put ff on auto and it will do it's job.

Well thats to have exp in the game. Somebody with 4hrs could be better then somebody with 2k but that doesnt matter here what does is they know what to look for in whose cheating and who isnt. A newbie wont know the diff. Plus G1 could always put up rules and stuff for it.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

Killer Rabbit

Killer Rabbit

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Engine upgrade, of course!

tApJpyS.png

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c

KillerRabbit | HIVE | Patriot EU2
Visit us at www.wasp-inc.com or YouTube

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2136 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13
Am I the only one actually worried the engine upgrade could bring more problems than anything? I don't remember games who successifully went through such process.

It would have been way better to write a new game from zero...

Give me a Cookie <3

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14
  • Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases

Edited by Jasmyne Rayne, 18 August 2016 - 01:29 PM.

Dicelz

Dicelz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Joined 25-July 14

Let's expand on this a bit.  No anti-cheat is 100%, and free to play games have a tendency to attract more cheaters.   Adding a phone number verification won't solve this problem either, it's easy to obtain a proxy to hide your number.   There is no fool proof method in modern times to stop the rerolls, it's just a matter of slowing them down.  

One way I've seen in the past to cut down on cheaters is a monthly subscription based model, I'm not saying they don't exist in these types of models but they're less in numbers since it costs them to come back.  What's your thoughts on that?  Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available? For example, subscriber only servers with perks?  It's something I've always thought about, and I'm just wondering what the communities thoughts are, maybe I should have asked this in a different thread =)   

yes open new thread for that tiggs . and i agreee about this game have monthly subscription, his will cut down reroll in every new event and also cheaters as well

just open new thread for that please this is total different subject away from the main blog post you guys did

DiceLz : Enforcer ▒ Diceiz : Criminal - Citadel ▒ Jericho ▒ Han

The bans that are broadcast in-game or on the @APB_FairFight twitter feed are due to players using cheats and getting caught.  For those that are habitual cheaters,  they get moved over to the silent bans eventually.  For those that claim, omg I wasn't cheating... yes, yes you were and you've been caught. For those that emailed in and actually owned up to cheating, good for you for being honest (sucks that you cheated in the first place).

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Engine upgrade with no content releases should be first priority over anything at this point, as it's been the primary focus and interest for a lot of players in this game. There are a lot of expectations surrounding the engine upgrade, mainly performance improvements being the biggest attraction, so changing the focus on to content now that we are supposedly really close to completion would not be a great decision.

If it is at all possible, can the PC engine upgrade be done at the same time as the PS4 release? Even if it's simply an open playtest with the community to allow us to provide feedback and suggestions as to where problems lie? Or is this simply not a card on the table at this point.

Nonetheless, it would be a pretty straightforward feedback process:

-Players download the APB:R 2.0 version with a playtrst server
-Players provide DxDiag info, along with performance feedback, using an arbitrary scale or real FPS values.
-Small optimisations are made and updated on the playtest world as frequently as possible until the performance is "good enough"
-Release on main servers, whilst still getting players to provide data.

Just a thought.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

RebelPanda

RebelPanda

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

I'm not sure of the process, it's not a can we do this issue.  I'm looking into what's involved all around so we can start doing this more often. 

Please do, been trying to get that skin for ever.

Razitshakra

Razitshakra

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-December 14

my thoughts:

1st: Engine Update, tied with server stability. servers still not running the promised 33ms on citadel...

2nd: Matchmaker: the suggestion that was made earlier sounds pretty good to me, if thats too complicated: auto-kick from a bronze-district the mission after you turned gold.

and a bit of OT, (sry for that):

About reseting the ARMAS things from 3 months to 3 months: Don't do it please! It will only feed the hunger of rerolling hackers!

Do it for every 6 months, and only! New players will just have the oportunity to check them out anyway!

rerolling hackers, you basically said why its irrelevant for them how often the trials reset. if they reroll, they have access to fresh trials, and i have yet to see a blatant hacker that goes long enough unchecked to reach the suggested 3 months without having to make a new account

Edited by Razitshakra, 17 August 2016 - 04:15 AM.

M4N!4C

M4N!4C

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 15-August 14

Anything related to the PS4 and Engine Update is currently under NDA, right? But what happens after the PS4 Version of APB:R has been released? Will the Community receive more and more detailed information about things going on in the background, like a developer diary?

The PS4 release and Engine Upgrade for PC should be priority.

Of course if you find some stuff in data which hasn’t been released yet, feel free to make it accessible to the community. There are also some things at the ARMAS store that could be improved or added (e.g. Account wide clothing and vehicles). But don’t put too much effort in this.

When the Engine Update on PC is in a playable state you should do some (closed and/or open) beta testing before you finally release it for the PC. Because there are loads of different setups that could be tested that way. To improve client and server performance should be the main goal of the Engine Upgrade.

Shrub

Shrub

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2078 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

"Complete the Engine Upgrade with no content releases".

This the only option which should be considered, especially in lieu of 'content' equating to superfluous weapon releases.

Keep the events running too. This is at least some meagre incentivization to keep players playing meanwhile (better than nothing).

Keep the 40/40 district population caps, or preferably lower them to 36/36. It is much much better than 50/50 in my opinion.

I personally see lots of constructive uses of time for those not working on the Engine Upgrade (Tiggs can do it too), I am not necessarily advocating that these suggestions be implemented now:

• Evaluating questionable objective points (particularly in Waterfront) which are too open 
  • Thinking of ways to make Mobile Supply Unit less broken such as increasing spawn distance required from an enemy (playing vs 4-man premade = vehicle whack-a-mole else it's impossible due to their broken spawns), better yet, remove it completely and keep the ability to choose your spawn, MSU is inherently broken and simply makes it infinitely harder to offend when it was already one-sided before.
  • Showing the individual hidden threat-level on the scoreboard or via icon like we used to have (it created toxicity, but it brought proper competition/reason to care/retention and the real fix is to remove as many exploitable/unbalanced options that people use in order to win). For example, you should massively slow the winning team's (in a kill mission) vehicle speed (like you do in VIP) to prevent fleeing when you have a kill.
  • You also REALLY need to take a look at the threat assignment thresholds to make green and bronze more common (even as a new player you get silver stupidly easily) and gold needs to be much more difficult to get, this will make districts much fairer as the pool of players matchmaking in a district can choose from will be more similar to each other, threat being more representative. Currently, new players will almost certainly face veterans who've been playing for years.
  • Theorising two types of district with different rulesets, which would work well in conjunction with the above competitive threat-system, with one 'non-casual' ruleset affecting threat-level and having a slight curtail of weapons (no OSMAW/AAEPD/Percs/low yields etc). The other 'casual' ruleset having no restrictions.
  • Revisiting the possibility of adding a high-TTK test district whilst we wait for the Engine Upgrade.

I'm big on the whole competition aspect of APB, perhaps not in the game's current state, but it needs to be constantly in RP's mind if they want the game to bring old players back and for the game to ever thrive. Balanced competition = reason to care = retention = money.

You have a big opportunity upcoming when you finally get round to releasing the Engine Upgrade, there will be a resurgence of players, how temporary the resurgence is will depend on your actions. Don't mess it up.

Edited by Shrub, 17 August 2016 - 04:33 AM.

Vityaz

Vityaz

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 13-November 13

Just finish the engine upgrade and work on new content after that. That's what everyone wants.

striker891

striker891

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 16-July 13

Definitly this.

If you begin something, you have to complete it. That's how I do my stuff and that's the one and only way i could ever imagine... 

It's nonsense to release new content for the old engine, if the new one makes it easier for the developers (you said).. Tiggs, just do what you are doing now until the engine update release, to hold the small community thats left. The only way to get those back, that left is to release the engine update and than stop making the same mistakes all over again.

Communicate with the Community, like now... Work together with us, give us the ability/tools to make our own items (e.g. Trove game). If not possible now, give us the possibility after the engine update is released. Once it's released, there should be much more possibilities and APB is up for 5-10 more years. 

So hang into it and dont give up! 

Antemalagon

Antemalagon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10

Complete Engine upgrade for PC. If we have to keep waiting for the consoles then screw it I'd rather just have more content, consoles are just a waste of time until PC can get back on its feet. 

Knite

Knite

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

Engine Upgrade should be priority 1; frequently when I play APB, someone messages me on Steam asking if the engine upgrade has been released yet and unfortunately I must always answer "Soon™"

I like the content that's come out recently on Armas (in fact the Shredder got me to start playing regularly again) but I've been waiting since day 1 of the engine upgrade announcement to stop getting micro-stutters and to have my graphics card be able to use its new libraries

On the subject of test server: WarGaming has a public test server and a dedicated section on their forums for feedback concerning the patch in testing. To get access to their PTS, you have to re-register your account before and they award testers who pass certain thresholds (10 battles played, 10 kills achieved etc) on the PTS with live-server goodies; once you've created your PTS account it exists in perpetuity.

Take some pages from WarGaming's book, they're honestly doing a really good job of communicating with their playerbase and giving them opportunities to drive their games' development.

Edited by Knite, 17 August 2016 - 04:57 AM.

1zvuuyc.pngicon_explosive_aaped_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pngicon_assaultrifle_ntec-7_gold.pngicon_smg_cap40_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngicon_flaregun_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png

RTW CB Vet; APB:R CB Vet; Unbanned

Joker: Knite (Enf); KeshaQ (Crim)

ZenDi

ZenDi

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 15-October 14

Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases!

xyzz

xyzz

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 19-October 15
Please complete the engine upgrade first then release new contents,new gunz plz

eps

eps

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

It was my understanding that the engine upgrade was supposed to allow for more content releases. For this reason, the engine upgrade should be priority over anything else.

Kino

Kino

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1562 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15

Let's expand on this a bit.  No anti-cheat is 100%, and free to play games have a tendency to attract more cheaters.   Adding a phone number verification won't solve this problem either, it's easy to obtain a proxy to hide your number.   There is no fool proof method in modern times to stop the rerolls, it's just a matter of slowing them down.  

I would sign up/pay for that in less than a heartbeat Tiggs. I realize that nothing is foolproof, especially in f2p games. It's just the one single thing that's keeping me from enjoying APB to it's fullest
This game is an awkward joke that you only laugh at out of pity.

KyoukiDotExe

KyoukiDotExe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Guide(s) by me to improve APB Framerate: - http://forums.gamers...-apb-framerate/ - http://forums.gamers...ess-stuttering/ - http://forums.gamers...utter-checktip/

Haganu

Haganu

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3586 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

Instead, grow a spine as dev/management team. The cheater issue has stuck around so long, even an anti-cheat like Fairfight is being flagged by people as banning legits, or flagged as useless by people that think everyone cheats. Apologies if it sounds rude, but ignore the people calling stupid things on Fairfight, and ignore the people that get FFbanned complaining how "legit" they were, because Fairfight is a good anti-cheat. 

If you can set a threshold safe enough, you can pretty much start setting it to auto-ban players. This would majorly improve districts like Abington Towers, because blatants probably wouldn't stand a chance anymore.

If you really want a subscription-based model however. Everything account bound, and 60% off on everything on ARMAs, permanently.

• eax likes this

Lust, Wrath, Envy, Pride, Greed, Gluttony and Sloth

JRavtd5.png

Haganu - Criminal | - - - - - - Symbols by LarsJack on DeviantArt, remade and made bodypaint off of them ingame. - - - - - - | Matoii - Enforcer  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users