Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11
  • Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases
  • Put the Engine Upgrade to the side and release new content

???????? are you kidding me???????

how can you release new content when you do not even have a stable game???

obviously release engine upgrade first

unbeliveable that was even a question

I read hentai mangas for the storylines im srs.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Priorities in my opinion should be the engine upgrade, but have one or two guys from the Art team work on refurbishing older content.  No clue what the art team would be doing for the new engine upgrade, but i know the clothing/weapons/vehicle designers could spare some free time on revisiting older game content to make it work with the newer version of the game.

Personally if i had the know how, i would go through and fix various UV issues on vehicles as well as some of the vehicle lights as i know some of them are kinda bad or trigger OCD.  Not that hard to just open Photoshop and tweak the textures, you know?

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

SantaBox

SantaBox

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12
  • PLEASE, I BEG YOU

Edited by SantaBox, 16 August 2016 - 06:31 PM.

Joker NA East/Onion NA/Jericho NA

icon_explosive_aaped_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_psr_muzzlebrake_gold.pn7a98f20918d34a57ab28091f68c91725.png32ff6bb6c3644f21b00984987732e300.pngicon_assaultrifle_ntec-7_gold.pngicon_assaultrifle_vas-r2_base_gold.pngdd9ca903f2d3480b852e224aebb0b101.pnga289529ab5b749d584e88bd0f2b549b1.pngicon_rifle_oscar.pngc405d72d0bcf43af9e7a0810470fc537.pngbfaa8bfeaeae4d14815042e136b6bfdf.pngicon_rifle_sacr_scope_gold.pngicon_rifle_sacr_gold.pngicon_smg_pdw57_scoped_gold.pngicon_smg_tommygun_gold.pngicon_smg_cap40_compact_gold.pngicon_smg_aces_gold.pnga08835e4036b4140bf75a97c5cafb48d.pngicon_shotgun_jg_stockdown.png555b8c068e9c403d822b8ff1f0cb72b9.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png960d3f1b0e744ec38013cae9c8f3304a.pngddef8bf6557c4c009043a0ae119b9c06.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.png

Neurodrive

Neurodrive

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 08-July 13

Engine upgrade before anything else please

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

engine update should have priority

but I beg you tiggs, look at THIS and try showing it the team / someone that could actually change / fix it in the engine update. it bothers me ALOT since beginning...

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

Here’s a good one I’d love your thoughts on: What would be your priority for the rest of the year if you were calling the shots?  Tell us here

• Put the Engine Upgrade to the side and release new content
  • Define what you feel would be new content
  • Other thoughts and suggestions?

Nice blogpost and thanks for all the updates so far.

Regarding Engine Upgrade its something I'd really love to see finally done but would rather have the current game as it is working as smooth as possible regarding not only performance but also regarding game mechanics balance (weapons, combat system, missions and matchmaking) and content availability + ways to access to it (like more NPC stuff to get as a motivation to keep playing)

Regarding new content, it would be interesting to have it in two ways:

One way would be if NPCs could give some new items, idk, maybe the same way they randomly gives the rare OCA Nano, or something similar as an alternative to dig in different taks or missions they could provide.

The other way I'd love to see new content is through contests where the communit exposes their designs on clothing, cars, tattoos and such and probable make the ones that qualify available across servers from the Jokert Distribution Center and even in ARMAS (like the symbol packs that anyone barely bought and some other clothings)

I can see some newcomers or players who are more retiscent to spend money regulary purchasing small pieces of player-designed clothing like they do from the Joker Distribution Center but maybe by a really small amount of cash from ARMAS to avoid digging Fight Club the whole day to get it, and the pre-set cars, the ingame ones, those are not only old, also the huge amount of awesome designs made by players really overwhelm these.

Hope everything else keeps growing up at the rythm it seems it started to move now.

Best regards!

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

I have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

sLipry

sLipry

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 22-September 14

Why does this even need to be asked? Let's get that engine rolled out ASAP. The community has begged, groveled, demanded, and cried about this since it was delayed over 2 years ago, c'mon guys...

In Joker Jericho, gg actually means "get good"

IROCkiller

IROCkiller

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13

I would focus on the engine upgrade and get that out as soon as possible. That way it's easier for your team to make content and they could make it more detailed.

6ukl6c2.png

IROCkiller(255)  Onion Jericho Server  I Stream Sometimes

A Jericho giveaway!

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5302 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

More then I expected. Thought there would be a lot of treading water until the engine upgrade was out the door. Kinda shocked in a good way to see there's all this other stuff going on at the same time.

Edited by Genobee, 16 August 2016 - 07:41 PM.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12
I'm very curious about this part:

"Looking into the ability to have player content added to the Joker Store, how long this would take, and legalities."

Player made content as in INGAME content (Symbols, clothing pieces, cars etc...) Or assets (Gun models, skin textures, clothing models, car models etc...)? Because I would very much like to contribute my 3d modelling work to this game, and I'm sure many others would love to aswell.

Edited by StunStick, 16 August 2016 - 07:35 PM.

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5302 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

I'm very curious about this part:

"Looking into the ability to have player content added to the Joker Store, how long this would take, and legalities."

Player made content as in INGAME content (Symbols, clothing pieces, cars etc...) Or assets (Gun models, skin textures, clothing models, car models etc...)? Because I would very much like to contribute my work to this game, and I'm sure many others would love to aswell.

Player made content has already made it into the game in some forms. Outfits, and cars designed by players are there. Not to mention a contact designed by a player too.

In-fact there is even a special skin designed solely for the purposes of being given to contest winners items being added to the joker ticket store.

So I'm kinda curious to know why they aren't sure if they can do this? Do they intended on expanding the idea further?

Edited by Genobee, 16 August 2016 - 07:32 PM.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5276 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Player made content has already made it into the game in some forms. Outfits, and cars designed by players are there. Not to mention a contact designed by a player too.

In-fact there is even a special skin designed solely for the purposes of being given to contest winners items being added to the joker ticket store.

So I'm kinda curious to know why they aren't sure if they can do this? Do they intended on expanding the idea further?

I'm not sure of the process, it's not a can we do this issue.  I'm looking into what's involved all around so we can start doing this more often. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3771 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I vote go full steam ahead on the Engine Upgrade, but maybe if the right person has a little time they can finish up some of the almost completed items that are in the game's files?  That'd hold me over just fine till the upgrade.  I don't even need anything new to keep playing tbh, but some of those items like the trench coat would be awesome.  Whenever you release something I'll most likely buy it anyway.  One thing I'd be all over the moment it releases would be a Vegas audio kit btw  *wink wink*

Engine Upgrade priority though.  Get that done first.  Thanks for the blog post :)

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 16 August 2016 - 07:59 PM.

Celebrity Gamer

Celebrity Gamer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

So I'm just going to assume, the Xbox one, PS4 and PC release of the engine upgrade with new content and stuff, is not going to show up until summer of 2017?

Feedback Jones

Feedback Jones

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 09-June 16

Well, as you phrased it: "What would be your priority for the rest of the year if you were calling the shots?"

In the interest of space-saving, I'll break this into two parts in spoiler tags.

First, the reasoning behind my choice:

Spoiler

So, the motivation basically explained, what would be my priority if I were calling the shots? First thing? Address the matchmaking system. How would I do it? I've now copy and pasted this numerous times:

Spoiler

And as I've mentioned, unless I'm really missing something, it should be feasible to implement something like this with minimal effort and within a short timeframe. Like, a couple weeks, I would think. All the code should already be there. We've seen it all before, just not together at once. We have auto-join. We've had dynamic districts in the past. Threat is hidden in Open Conflict.

Before anyone responds with the usual: Note that this is not in any way a form of "segregation." And if you need someone else to explain it to you in a different way, because maybe I haven't done it clearly enough, Revoluzzer and MrChan have both repeatedly suggested more or less the same system.

So, if I were running this company—as a business decision as much as anything else—this is the first action I would take, all but certain that it would do far more to grow the population than the engine upgrade, especially in the long run. Sure, the upgrade will get some initial hype. But then what?

Edited by Feedback Jones, 16 August 2016 - 08:23 PM.

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases

But please hurry! We need this and new content (contacts), it's been such a long time since we had proper new content.. :(

edUSqlQ.png

Ketog

Ketog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Joined 30-November 14

"Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases"

PLEASE , do not care about anything else than this  , just keep us informed

You were hoping APBDB to be updated right ? , sadly it didn't . But this exists now ! http://apbvault.net/ Get all the updated stats of any weapon you want !

PancakePower

PancakePower

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

I feel if you do this, the content you will release after will be much more higher quality.

You're a weenie.

JAQL JEKL

JAQL JEKL

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 04-April 16

Although if you're going to go rooting into the old files. Bring back the forehead and neck goggles.

1acb060cb9.jpg

goaplz.png

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

Nerf HVR and Low-Yields

Ia8NHrf.png

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Nerf HVR and Low-Yields

May I ask why Low Yields need a nerf?

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

You get 3 and they are easy as all hell to spam?

That crap is the most annoying thing in Baylan, get LY spammed to hell and back.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1368 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

About reseting the ARMAS things from 3 months to 3 months: Don't do it please! It will only feed the hunger of rerolling hackers!

Do it for every 6 months, and only! New players will just have the oportunity to check them out anyway!

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

Basically unavoidable damage from someone who doesn't even have to be within LoS since they travel so fast (20 m/s) and blow up so quickly after you start cooking them. Oh yea and you get 3.

Percs atleast have a very limited range and travel really slow. Frags are slower than YL too (15 m/s) and have a shorter range with a longer fuse time, so they are still avoidable. 

Low Yields would still be preferred if you only got 2 tbh

Edited by :^), 16 August 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Ia8NHrf.png

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
I agree with a Low Yield nerf.

edUSqlQ.png

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6959 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

+ air travel speed

+ trajectory arc

+ timer before the grenade detonates

+ explosion radius is comparable to frags

All of these are great uses, and are amazing utility for preventing a player from regenerating-- all while requiring absolutely zero brain power to take potential of. Low yields are even still amazing with just two rather than three. 

I don't think any weapon is blatantly overpowered except for low yields. 100% serious

Edited by PogoTheClown, 16 August 2016 - 10:01 PM.

Zian

Zian

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13

I agree with a Low Yield nerf.

This would be a waste of time, when the GMs have better things to focus on.

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
Low Skill Fragmentation Grenades :^)

edUSqlQ.png

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6959 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

This would be a waste of time, when the GMs have better things to focus on.

New patch:

Low-Yield Fragmentation Grenade count has been reduced from carrying 3 to 2. 

thats a lot of time

Edited by PogoTheClown, 16 August 2016 - 10:04 PM.

• :^) likes this

Louis.

Louis.

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13
Owh... No idea where should I start...

( in random order)
1.fix quickswitch
2.better fairfight?
3.unique loyalty reward(i mean new and loyalty only weapons)
4.remake threat system(like the ones one perhaps?)
5.engine up...err we all know
6.dynamic armas pricing?(eg 1 alt account raises the accound bound price by 20%)

I guess thats all lol

Qo9lqWk.png

Cacciatore(Han)

HongKong is not china

Hexerin

Hexerin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 05-June 15

Yes please.
If you act like an idiot, you'll just get tossed on /ignore and forgotten. Feel free to waste your time trying to get me to care!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

New patch:

thats a lot of time

Next patch

Bug Fix: Shaw no longer shoots low yields instead of bullets. 

Ia8NHrf.png

TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 16-September 15
Fix the g-damn micro-stutters and frame drops, it makes me want to uninstall apb for good every time I come around the corner at the same time as an enemy and my screen just freezes for a couple of seconds.
So yeah, I guess engine upgrade PC already.

But other things that'll be on my priority list personally are as follows;

Account bound money and joker tickets, basically merge all your charactera money and joker tickets, those amounts would be available on any of your characters.

Join district que system, Its just nice for saving time going through the join district spam routine.

Revisit the massive pinned clothing request thread in suggestions and knock out a few common/ highly requested items.

Make every pack on armas account bound, start with the top 10 best sellers, and release every cash shop item with an account bound option going forward.

In-game friends list approve/deny option, stalking streamers is so 2011.

Remove your name off everyones friends list and item (theme/symbol) you created when you spend good money on a service advertised to "protect your identity". -name change.

Add all (except STAR old glory) retired weapons as loyalty rewards.

Add the ability to "scrap" 3 deployables/consumable yellow items for 1 you want from the joker distributions store in social e.g. "trade" 3 boom boxes for 1 med spray.

Add more events that reward a minimal amount of g1c.

All I can think of for now.

Edited by TheTruthHurts, 16 August 2016 - 10:38 PM.

greenplanet recycling rerolls since 2011

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Basically unavoidable damage from someone who doesn't even have to be within LoS since they travel so fast (20 m/s) and blow up so quickly after you start cooking them. Oh yea and you get 3.

Percs atleast have a very limited range and travel really slow. Frags are slower than YL too (15 m/s) and have a shorter range with a longer fuse time, so they are still avoidable. 

Low Yields would still be preferred if you only got 2 tbh

Oh thanks. I don't have them and I never really noticed them being too op, but I see your point.

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

StellaBridger

StellaBridger

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13

Sorry if my english bad, it's not my native.

And yeah, I learned it in game chats looking how kids speaking :\
uiyqOqm.pnglH6fKz5.png

Newbplay420

Newbplay420

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 10-November 15

Let's expand on this a bit.  No anti-cheat is 100%, and free to play games have a tendency to attract more cheaters.   Adding a phone number verification won't solve this problem either, it's easy to obtain a proxy to hide your number.   There is no fool proof method in modern times to stop the rerolls, it's just a matter of slowing them down.  

One way I've seen in the past to cut down on cheaters is a monthly subscription based model, I'm not saying they don't exist in these types of models but they're less in numbers since it costs them to come back.  What's your thoughts on that?  Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available? For example, subscriber only servers with perks?  It's something I've always thought about, and I'm just wondering what the communities thoughts are, maybe I should have asked this in a different thread =)   

In my opinion, it's not the time for this idea to be realised but it is a somewhat nice idea.
1st priority should be the engine upgrade, after that I don't care what you do, I will be happy with that

Citadel

Enfo:-------- ~ Enfo: NewbpIay ~ Crim: Newbplay ~ Crim:

stream----->  https://www.twitch.tv/newbplayapb                                                                                                                :psg:  HVR is balanced 

xSagittiSx

xSagittiSx

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

RaimbxwStyle

RaimbxwStyle

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 16-July 15

Engine upgrade.  It should be priority number one.  Many people are waiting on it and with in place, it should allow content to be made easier.  (Per some long lost post.)

No! Safety , is number one pjeriority!  :troll_face:

..GhosT

..GhosT

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14983 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Let's expand on this a bit. No anti-cheat is 100%, and free to play games have a tendency to attract more cheaters. Adding a phone number verification won't solve this problem either, it's easy to obtain a proxy to hide your number. There is no fool proof method in modern times to stop the rerolls, it's just a matter of slowing them down.

One way I've seen in the past to cut down on cheaters is a monthly subscription based model, I'm not saying they don't exist in these types of models but they're less in numbers since it costs them to come back. What's your thoughts on that? Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available? For example, subscriber only servers with perks? It's something I've always thought about, and I'm just wondering what the communities thoughts are, maybe I should have asked this in a different thread =)

Subscriber servers probably won't work with the current playerbase, but subscriber districts might work .. Maybe it's worth a shot when you guys crossed the engine upgrade mountain. :)

edUSqlQ.png

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

Things we’re looking into (this does not mean it will happen; we’re in an exploratory stage)

• District Queuing - We're looking into this. We may be able to salvage some of the older code from the RTW days and make it workable with our modern game client and server.
this is literally just adding more days to the engine

much appreciated but dont

but hey maybe after another year or 4 when the engine is out this would be a great idea!
No. This is an easy to apply fix. As Tiggs mentioned, it's already in the game based on old code. I remember being in this queue long ago. If looked in to i'd say fixing and recoding and testing this should be a matter of a few hours.
DwGBVYM.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users