74 replies to this topic

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Alright guys, I'm a huge reader and I love new recommendations, and If I decide to read your suggestion Ill post about it after I'm done. (I HATE ROMANCE & TEEN DRAMAS (pretty little liars and twilight was enough for me.))

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Do read a bit have to read most online lately as library where live closed and is just a abandoned building :/ , more like reading true stories/biographies , old history, fantasy to do with space,Knowledgeable reads
Tho just re-read actual copies have of 2 great true story biographies have to read this one before as tells of dark times before this one of rise out of darkness both were very good reads and the artwork of the first book was amazing and unique 

Edited by SixxstagesofMajik, 30 July 2016 - 12:32 PM.

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Abel Tesfaye

Abel Tesfaye

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Joined 05-July 14

The Spook's Apprentice trilogy. 

As one who isnt a 'big book worm', this got me hooked back in the day.

220px-TheSpooksApprentice-JosephDelaney.

But then again...i was really young readin' this ^-^

Edited by KellinXoXo, 30 July 2016 - 12:35 PM.

fK1Qo3S.png Yellow Squad fK1Qo3S.png

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4035 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Are you going to warn me or temp ban me if I say I don't like books? I prefer these forums, toxic district chat and whole lots of wikipedias.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Hey man if you don't like books that's your deal. I prefer to stare at dead trees and hallucinate rather than plug into a TV.

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

This Spooks Apprentice looks really good! Ill have to give it a look see. And I'm totally not against kids books. I read all of The Hunger Games books and all of the Beautiful Creatures series. and right now I'm in the middle of The Sea of Trolls Trilogy by Nancy Farmer. Its a lot about Norse and Celtic Mythology. Very reminiscent of Percy Jackson just better.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4035 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

I prefer to stare at dead trees and hallucinate rather than plug into a TV.

Can you share with me the same thing you smoke/eat/drink or smth? I'd like to try it. Maybe I will like books...

Edited by Szambi, 30 July 2016 - 12:47 PM.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

All I have to say is I used to hate reading. I used to be real slow. But, like most things it requires patience, now I speed read with full comprehension. Ive read the Game of Thrones book series like  5 or 6 times over (I think I stopped at book 3 the 6th time) Me and my brother are obsessed to say the least.

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

and don't be ashamed to start out with easy reads! it doesn't mean youre stupid it just means youre not as fast as you could be.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4035 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

With reading I'm as fast as other people. Also, some say that I sound like Google translator or something like that.

Edited by Szambi, 30 July 2016 - 12:52 PM.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4035 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Some even compare me to Ivona XDDDD

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1215 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Hey man if you don't like books that's your deal. I prefer to stare at dead trees and hallucinate rather than plug into a TV.

I read this, immediately thought of this... not sure why. Might have to calm down playing Fallout 3.

I've been addicted to this book here:

512BRsSe9BL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I really would recommend it to anyone looking for a rather refreshing insight into dealing with the "oh Goebbels basically is a poison dwarf that looks like Mickey Mouse if he turned to crack" kind of stigma. Delves deeply into the early days of Nazism and keeps up right to the very end, keeps track of the more... sensitive (?) side of the man who has forever tainted the word propaganda... cause needless to say he created it.

Why recommend this book? Because it challenges what previous historians brought forward, and calls out on things that may not have been very truthful, let alone not at all. It's such a good read. TRY IT.

Edited by SKay, 30 July 2016 - 12:56 PM.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

I read this, immediately thought of this... not sure why. Might have to calm down playing Fallout 3.

I've been addicted to this book here:

512BRsSe9BL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I really would recommend it to anyone looking for a rather refreshing insight into dealing with the "oh Goebbels basically is a poison dwarf that looks like Mickey Mouse if he turned to crack" kind of stigma. Delves deeply into the early days of Nazism and keeps up right to the very end, keeps track of the more... sensitive (?) side of the man who has forever tainted the word propaganda... cause needless to say he created it.

Why recommend this book? Because it challenges what previous historians brought forward, and calls out on things that may not have been very truthful, let alone not at all. It's such a good read. TRY IT.

That is indeed a good read , read it few times in past the wanting to know more history and learn new things is what got me into it

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
Before ya judge think

Atta

Atta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 03-June 15

https://en.wikipedia...r_and_Margarita

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

I'm goin to have to check those out

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7139 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Wuthering Heights is amazing, but IDK if you're into period dramas, and Mrs Dalloway is really great and super short, but is, yet again, a drama.

I really like the Sprawl trilogy (Neuromancer, Count Zero, **** Lisa Overdrive, and there are some stories relating to it in the semi-prequal Burning Chrome, but the only short story I've read from Burning Chrome is Johnny Mnemonic, which I do suggest.)

I also enjoyed the Silmarillion, but it's not for everyone.

That's what I can think of off of the top of my head.

(I also greatly enjoyed A Severe Mercy, but that kinda' falls into a weird. . . biography/romance category.)

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

The bible.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4310 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Lukyanenko's Night Watch is probably on top of my chart, followed by The Witcher series and Clive Barker's Books of blood.

If I should name single favourite book, it would probably be Cornelia Funke's Inkheart or Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio (illustrated by Helena Zmatlíková), not only because of awesome childhood memories connected to them both.

On the other hand I'm not a big fan of sci-fi literature. Doesn't mean I think it's bad, just prefer watching all those beeping machines and space ships on a screen. Post apocalyptic stories are an exception, though, as Metro 2033 was pretty awesome, and so is Kulhánek's Stroncium I have my hands on right now. :Droollip:

stroncium-1063.jpg

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

ended up writing down list of all good books have read in past years lastnight

• The Help - Prob seen the movie at some point but enjoyed the book more
  • The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx - Great  read to learn more on this political theorem
  • The Art Of War by Sun Tzu -  Good read on anatomy of organizations in conflict
  • Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe -  Recommended book about American/Canadian history of anti-slavery times
  •  Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw - Was a enjoyable read learned some things did not know of the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar
  • Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom -  Sad but will love it is a guy re-finding his old mentor to find he has ALS and ends up visiting him every Tuesday , this book back when first read it I did cry 
  •  The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom  - This book opend my thinking into what is life and what is a meaningless life
  • Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls - This was one of my favorite books reading growing up , adventrue of a boy , his 2 dogs and hunting

Those should do for now :)

Majikal PC Tweaks
Before ya judge think

AngryBadger

AngryBadger

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Alright guys, I'm a huge reader and I love new recommendations, and If I decide to read your suggestion Ill post about it after I'm done. (I HATE ROMANCE & TEEN DRAMAS (pretty little liars and twilight was enough for me.))

For fantasy I would suggest those:

*Wheel Of Time saga

*Mistborn - original trilogy

*Reckoners series - brilliant twist on superhero stories.

*Painted Man/Warded Man

*Kate Daniels series - might be too romancy and too light for you but it's nonetheless good urban fantasy series.

For Sci-fi I suggest:

*Honor Harrington series

*Dread Empire Fall trilogy

*Safehold series

*Multiverse books :Hellgate and Hell Hath No Fury

Those are just from top of my head that I really enjoyed. I hope you find something that you'll like.

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

I think Fifty Shades of Grey comes after Mein Kampf and the bible. I just hope I'll find a man like Christian Grey while being as speshul as Anastasia.

RiotCop (Enf) - From Citadel with love.

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

and don't be ashamed to start out with easy reads! it doesn't mean youre stupid it just means youre not as fast as you could be.

got to love this stupidity reference turning into a speed reader, ill just take it as a super sanic joke going fast to avoid the cringe in me sending shivers down my toes

I think Fifty Shades of Grey comes after Mein Kampf and the bible. I just hope I'll find a man like Christian Grey while being as speshul as Anastasia.

ill be your christian grey bby<3

http://diablo.wikia....in_War_(Novels)

these can be found online if you like the demons and angels type of stuff

hurr hurr, reading about things that came out of some guys imagination made me smarter xD

make use of podcast and apps like any other reasonable person in 2016

Edited by Vazkulator, 31 July 2016 - 03:53 AM.

76561197986708510.png

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

-

Edited by Vazkulator, 31 July 2016 - 03:53 AM.

76561197986708510.png

Pinpuce

Pinpuce

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

I'm not a huge reader and it's probably the only books I ever read as a child, but eh.. if you like spooky aventures (at least that's I remember from it, I'm actually gonna read it again <.<)

v The Spiderwick Chronicles 1-5

Spoiler

Edited by Pinpuce, 31 July 2016 - 07:15 AM.

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

I actually own the spiderwick chronicles. Love em

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Lukyanenko's Night Watch is probably on top of my chart, followed by The Witcher series and Clive Barker's Books of blood.

If I should name single favourite book, it would probably be Cornelia Funke's Inkheart or Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio (illustrated by Helena Zmatlíková), not only because of awesome childhood memories connected to them both.

On the other hand I'm not a big fan of sci-fi literature. Doesn't mean I think it's bad, just prefer watching all those beeping machines and space ships on a screen. Post apocalyptic stories are an exception, though, as Metro 2033 was pretty awesome, and so is Kulhánek's Stroncium I have my hands on right now. :Droollip:

stroncium-1063.jpg

This seems really good, is it Scifi or horror?

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7054 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Hmm.

Well I would recommend Basic Economics and Economic facts and fallacies both from Thomas Sowell. (or just any book of Sowell it's quite grand.)

Most economic books are hard to read for the average person but these two books are made so that the average Joe can easily understand.

These books get real world examples not some theoretic bull analyzing certain economic policies and their consequences in reality.

The Origins of War in Child Abuse by Lloyd DeMause basically analyzing how kids have been raised from the past till now and how that translates in certain wars there have been.

quite shocking if you read certain chapters.

How to Analyze people on first sight by Elsie Lincoln Benedict and Ralph Paine Benedict.

It talks about 5 body types and their characteristics quite an interesting read I even learned something about myself and others around me.

Quite insightful.

The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason is a self help book on finance but it also offers a great fictional story about the ancient times of Babylon which is really a must read or listen I would say. 

For more heavily reading and literature I would say War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy.

It's about the napoleon war and the Russian monarchy / aristocracy I just finished the first part of the book and am now halfway part 2.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

T

Hmm.

Well I would recommend Basic Economics and Economic facts and fallacies both from Thomas Sowell. (or just any book of Sowell it's quite grand.)

Most economic books are hard to read for the average person but these two books are made so that the average Joe can easily understand.

These books get real world examples not some theoretic bull analyzing certain economic policies and their consequences in reality.

The Origins of War in Child Abuse by Lloyd DeMause basically analyzing how kids have been raised from the past till now and how that translates in certain wars there have been.

quite shocking if you read certain chapters.

How to Analyze people on first sight by Elsie Lincoln Benedict and Ralph Paine Benedict.

It talks about 5 body types and their characteristics quite an interesting read I even learned something about myself and others around me.

Quite insightful.

The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason is a self help book on finance but it also offers a great fictional story about the ancient times of Babylon which is really a must read or listen I would say. 

For more heavily reading and literature I would say War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy.

It's about the napoleon war and the Russian monarchy / aristocracy I just finished the first part of the book and am now halfway part 2.

These all look amazing! You guys probably don't believe me but I'm actually writing these down on paper for my next Half Price Books haul.

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7054 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

T

These all look amazing! You guys probably don't believe me but I'm actually writing these down on paper for my next Half Price Books haul.

Well suggestions I made can be listened to, for free and nothing on Youtube. :)

With the job I have (and certain games I play including APB) I got plenty of time to putt full attention at listening to audiobooks. ^_^ 

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Anyone like Dantes Inferno? I know its a poem but i absolutely love the imagery. I am not christian in any shape or form but i do find religious iconography comforting

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

Reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" rn, and it's pretty good.

Jericho - Nokoe (Criminal) // Nevv (Enforcer)

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" rn, and it's pretty good.

read that! its an amazing book.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3140 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

This one will always be my go-to book for a good (but relatively short) read.

kJnAm.jpg

why doesn't anyone ever put my quotes on their signatures..jeez

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Are comic books out of the question?  One of my favorites was called "I Feel Sick" by Jhonen Vasquez.  If you recognize the style from anywhere its probably because it was written by the guy who created Invader Zim (Nickelodeon cartoon from around 2000)  There's 2 issues of this, and some of it is tied in with his first comic, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac but it still provides enough context so you wouldn't have to read that one to know what's going on.

Spoiler

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 10 August 2016 - 08:49 AM.

LunningStooks

LunningStooks

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11

Currently reading the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft, which is a must for anyones collection IMO.

The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z by max brooks are good reads, if you go for that sort of thing.

Recently read The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchet, also quite a good read.

Judge Dredd - Origins, which is a collection of 3 short stories and not a comic book was great, although the comics are also great, and i'm looking at picking up some of the complete case files books to start a proper collection.

When I was young, i also quite enjoyed the Narnia books, as well as The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings trilogy.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the blowtorch again"
Crims - StunningLooksFem (Citadel), AdaForPresident(Jericho)Forcers: MonteSr(Jericho), StunningLooks(Citadel) and many more...

Vb8CRao.png Satisfaction is resetting your G1C balance.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Just finished the new Harry Potter playbook it was not too bad , wanting to see the play more so

Majikal PC Tweaks
Before ya judge think

Crusadeer

Crusadeer

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2583 posts
  • Joined 13-June 11

Read the Witcher series then go play the games

/thread

xD

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Anyone know the Repair Man Jack Novels by F. Paul Wilson?

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3239 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

Thomas Paine's "Common Sense"

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7054 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

I've been listening to Dante's Inferno.

Good book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users