19 replies to this topic

AnarchoNomad

AnarchoNomad

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 10-September 13

Obviously there has been a lot of talk about the status of FE lately and it closing its doors in the near future...

We've tried contacting the Devs etc etc...to no avail...so...

Lets raise some money and buy the rights to FE and develop the game as a community.

Clearly there needs to be more planning but there are some of us out there that have the means to organize something like this or even attempt it!

viva la revolucion!  :uzi:

76561198068251029.png

Need to contact me? Eco Anarchist/Spaztrooper <----- That's me!

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
Dang nabit...

Sigh. Thanks for trying.

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :
http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
Problem is nobody can guarantee where said money goes, or if G1 or Iron Foot Studios will sell their rights.

The Unity Engine is not complex, but to save time you would probably want the current live database as well.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

AnarchoNomad

AnarchoNomad

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 10-September 13

Problem is nobody can guarantee where said money goes, or if G1 or Iron Foot Studios will sell their rights.

The Unity Engine is not complex, but to save time you would probably want the current live database as well.

Called Ironfoot Studios Saturday, Unknown female answered the phone...conversation went something like this:

*Rings*
(Her) "Hello?"

(Me): "Hi, is this Ironfoot Studios?"
(Her): "yes"

(Me): "OH MY GOD? ReallY??"

(Her): *Irritated* "Who IS this?"

(Me): "Eric"

(Her): "Eric WHO?"

(Me): "Are you guys still working on Fallen Earth?"

*Heavy Breathing*

*Click*

<end of call>

So yeah, my next option is to stop by the studio when I'm in the Raleigh area next and just straight up ask for the engine since they don't use it anymore. Icarus should be right next to them if i need to drop by as well. 

76561198068251029.png

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

cant say i see a star wars galaxies move comin(fan resurrection)

All this Loaf, Rainbow Stalin

Heavehoe, Royal Pink Master

The Concept

The Concept

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 23-October 13

I've already offered a purchase proposal for their rights to the game and all of it's assets. Was a fair one as well but Gamers First laughed at me. It's a damn shame too. But as an investor it was a good decision I hadn't when viewing the future prospect of this idea which realistically isn't much considering the games and it's competition right around the corner. But I do wish you luck on the idea if you attempt to crowd fund the project and it succeeds as it would almost ensure that another major line would with interests in Fallen Earth.

But reality hits harder than that I'm afraid. Fallen Earth's support and interest base isn't exactly impressive and while the game is an amazing feat sadly there's way too much competition coming up that'll simply overshadow Fallen Earth. Fallen Earth is a unique idea but it's dated and doesn't hold a good standard anymore for what an MMO should be in today's gaming era.  Back in 2011 it could've still held grounds as a fine example but as it stands in 2016 it's just an example of how a game should not be developed and maintained. And I'm not just talking graphics or anything simple like that. But Fallen Earth has bugs that' have persisted since day 1 and many issues that never got addressed that players had reported for half a decade. 

The game is still heavily broken. And the developers did almost nothing to show signs they were fixing it even when Fallen Earth was in it's prime. And I enjoyed the game everyone that knows The Concept knows just how passionate I was for this game. And I sat there and watched a game on a crutch that could've been repaired just get kicked down again and again until it couldn't even stand on it's own. And really it still is painful to me to see this game fall. But time doesn't show mercy to failure and neither will I. So it was a great 7 years Fallen Earth. You carried me through the worst many many days but like with everything else Fallen Earth should have an end. And I'd rather see it go silently with solemn grace rather than forced to stand and suffer in a world where it can't anymore.

But in other news Pokemon Go is now on PC unofficially. Gotta catch 'em all!

" Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte.
" If history has taught us anything letting me negotiate is a bad idea. There will be nobody left to negotiate with." - Chuck Norris
" Even our enemies have Dreams... Ours are just more important." - Joseph Stalin

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Called Ironfoot Studios Saturday, Unknown female answered the phone...conversation went something like this:

*Rings*
(Her) "Hello?"

(Me): "Hi, is this Ironfoot Studios?"
(Her): "yes"

(Me): "OH MY GOD? ReallY??"

(Her): *Irritated* "Who IS this?"

(Me): "Eric"

(Her): "Eric WHO?"

(Me): "Are you guys still working on Fallen Earth?"

*Heavy Breathing*

*Click*

<end of call>

So yeah, my next option is to stop by the studio when I'm in the Raleigh area next and just straight up ask for the engine since they don't use it anymore. Icarus should be right next to them if i need to drop by as well. 

That's so cringey and stalkerish. Only thing you're going to get is a restraining order.  No one in their right mind is going to hand over an IP to some halfwits without any capital or a clue about running a game.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

AnarchoNomad

AnarchoNomad

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 10-September 13

That's so cringey and stalkerish. Only thing you're going to get is a restraining order.  No one in their right mind is going to hand over an IP to some halfwits without any capital or a clue about running a game.

76561198068251029.png

BurgerKun

BurgerKun

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 17-June 14

gr9 br8

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

gr9 br8

This isn't the apb forums. Congrats you fail at failing.

Heretic
Nysak

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13

That's so cringey and stalkerish. Only thing you're going to get is a restraining order. No one in their right mind is going to hand over an IP to some halfwits without any capital or a clue about running a game.

Cringey or stalkerish at least he actually did something.

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Cringey or stalkerish at least he actually did something.

Done what exactly? Harass former devs that have no ownership or control? Doing something was contributing to the game financially instead of  being a panhandler leach begging for free stuff from a F2P game or by contributing to the develop but looking at the PTS forums you'll see how few cared about the development of the game.

oum60z.png

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13

Done what exactly? Harass former devs that have no ownership or control? Doing something was contributing to the game financially instead of  being a panhandler leach begging for free stuff from a F2P game or by contributing to the develop but looking at the PTS forums you'll see how few cared about the development of the game.

Hey Clammier,

I doubt very much money issued to FE was funneled into development of fe. You can read about why here :

http://forums.gamers...game/?p=4394530

I have originally made a thread about it, but tiggs locked and deleted it (! big news for an unmonitored, dead forum! )

Edited by DakkaDakkaDakka, 19 August 2016 - 07:49 PM.

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4267 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

This isn't the apb forums. Congrats you fail at failing.

Hey! Don't lump them into APB!

We over at the APB forums know how to partah!

Spoiler

Plus, the lack of Animated meme shows that they are not apart of APB.

giphy.gif

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Hey Clammier,

I doubt very much money issued to FE was funneled into development of fe. You can read about why here :

http://forums.gamers...game/?p=4394530

I have originally made a thread about it, but tiggs locked and deleted it (! big news for an unmonitored, dead forum! )

This isn't any news to me or anyone from the community that actually contributed to the game. It's great you're reading into this finally and learning but you're very late to the party, in fact you overshot by about 3 years. While you're at it go take a read into economics and business management.

oum60z.png

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13

This isn't any news to me or anyone from the community that actually contributed to the game. It's great you're reading into this finally and learning but you're very late to the party, in fact you overshot by about 3 years. While you're at it go take a read into economics and business management.

Dearest Clammier,

I don't care to engage you in forum warfare as I don't have a dog in the race. I'm sorry if I have upset you by commenting here that at least this guy creepily called the company up and implying that unlike you he's doing something. I don't see you doing anything other than berating him, and I see him actually having the courage to do something. I don't care if you or someone on forum is smarter or more educated or better versed in this issue than I am. If I see you or someone taking a dump on someone who is actually doing something about situation, I am going to berate you. The last thing we need is to discourage people from taking action. Not personal.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

I actually just enjoy the forum banter at this point.

oum60z.png

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
Furthermore I think it's totally normal to call up a company and ask them about a product they used to make. I bet if I called up oreos about a flavor of product I liked that they make but I can't find they would actually have a person who's job it is to say, we're sorry but we have discontinued that flavor.

Now the conversation could have gone smoother but it's as much the fault of whoever picked up the phone as it is the caller. WHO R U OMG I SLAM SCARY PHONE DOWN D:<

Where's the social skills haha. They didn't even have the ability to say "I'm sorry eric, I don't have the ability to comment on anything fallen earth related to you, please don't call us again."

They're milking products they buy to death and they know it. They aren't officially allowed to say
"Yes, we aren't doing anything about fe and we will not be doing anything in future about it. We're just running servers until the revenue from fe is less than server costs".

Hell they're probably afraid someone would call up and record them hence the absolutely sketchy, frantic, scared nature of the call. ERIC WHO?! OMG THEY ARE FINALLY COMING FOR US WITH PITCHFORKS ;_;

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Hey! Don't lump them into APB!

We over at the APB forums know how to partah!

Spoiler

Plus, the lack of Animated meme shows that they are not apart of APB.

giphy.gif

His spam being more in apb's area than ours shows his trash happened to spill over the line...can't even knock over his trashcans properly.

Also send the better apb forum people over here, you miss too much even over there.

Heretic
Nysak

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

I actually just enjoy the forum banter at this point.

Where else are you gonna get your kicks from FE?

All this Loaf, Rainbow Stalin

Heavehoe, Royal Pink Master

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users