131 replies to this topic

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

I have spend sometime on the internet today. And I came across something peculiar, namely 'Feminism'. I've always lived under the impression that, although men and women are quite distinct from each other, both are treated equally and have equal opportunities. But apparently that's not the case?

According to some, men and women are the same? Nature isn't a thing, and nurture is all to blame? Is this really a thing nowadays?

If someone wants to share their thoughts on this matter, please do. I don't know what to make of it.

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6930 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
There's a lot of injustices for both genders honestly, but it depends what country you live in. Males are taken less seriously in the justice system with child custody in the US, women are statistically paid less compared to men in some studies and don't have ideal rights to their bodies in many states.

In middle eastern, African, and even Asian countries, women face a lot worse injustices from their culture and government. In India men are legally allowed to rape their wives, which is crazy primitive. It's not really an easy topic to cover in the broad sense.

also there's the topic of female sexual objectification in entertainment and advertising but that's a totally different debate of its own. Feminism and human rights is a huge, broad kind of topic.

Edited by PogoTheClown, 11 June 2016 - 09:21 AM.

damn2112

damn2112

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

There's a lot of injustices for both genders honestly, but it depends what country you live in. Males are taken less seriously in the justice system with child custody in the US, women are statistically paid less compared to men in some studies and don't have ideal rights to their bodies in many states.
In middle eastern, African, and even Asian countries, women face a lot worse injustices from their culture and government. In India men are legally allowed to rape their wives, which is crazy primitive. It's not really an easy topic to cover in the broad sense.
also there's the topic of female sexual objectification in entertainment and advertising but that's a totally different debate of its own. Feminism and human rights is a huge, broad kind of topic.

Women are paid less because they don't work the long hours as men do, and men take alot more of the dangerous jobs, where as women do not.

Edited by damn2112, 11 June 2016 - 09:38 AM.

76561198070312971.png

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

I thought I said I meant in the western world only,. Guess I must have misplaced that sentence. I don't want to touch the subject of injustices against women (and minorities) in non-western countries. In fact, I want to focus solely on the people who just jumped the bandwagon. The things those people say and how they act, it's horrific.  For example the disdain for the straight white man.

Sexuality is a thing I would like to talk about too.  I feel like there is a little bit of gay in all of us, and it's not all black-and-white. But according to some it is bad to be a straight male? Now that is a whole new level..

TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 16-September 15

i think the problem with feminism is how it attracted a lot of people who are simply "looking for something to get offended about" or just plain stupid people

in the beginning it was a great thing since it helped (the US) move forward as a country

these are also the same people who can't make up their damn minds on what they want, i have no doubt there's some really strong women out there, but a lot make themselves seem weak and frail, but want to be considered strong? The topic of feminism is everywhere but modern feminism is really stupid (especially in the west) its just one of those stupid things that still hangs over humanity like a cloud, feminism, racism - stuff like this hold us back not only as a country, but as human beings.

if you wanna see them in action, one of my fav youtube channels: https://www.youtube....ai6VQotn-MNnbpw

greenplanet recycling rerolls since 2011

damn2112

damn2112

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

i think the problem with feminism is how it attracted a lot of people who are simply "looking for something to get offended about" or just plain stupid people
in the beginning it was a great thing since it helped (the US) move forward as a country
these are also the same people who can't make up their damn minds on what they want, i have no doubt there's some really strong women out there, but a lot make themselves seem weak and frail, but want to be considered strong? The topic of feminism is everywhere but modern feminism is really stupid (especially in the west) its just one of those stupid things that still hangs over humanity like a cloud, feminism, racism - stuff like this hold us back not only as a country, but as human beings.

if you wanna see them in action, one of my fav youtube channels: https://www.youtube....ai6VQotn-MNnbpw

That is my favorite channel also
76561198070312971.png

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6930 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
There's a lot of different takes of how people want equality. The easiest example that comes to mind are sex-positive feminists that look at ****ography and 'slutty' outfits in music videos as sexually empowering females, and another side of feminists seeing it as objectification.

There's a ton of feminist stuff I can agree with, and a ton that I think is kind of ridiculous. But feminism isn't one specific school of thought, as much as a bunch of different ideas from different people that are collectively categorized behind a broad common goal.

Same with men's rights activists. A ton of people portray those guys in a similar light. To me, I think some MRA ideas are really insightful, and others are straight up fedora fantasies from sex deprived /r9k/ addicts.

That's how I see it at least. My post is super inarticulate, but i hope i made some sense.

Edited by PogoTheClown, 11 June 2016 - 10:52 AM.

sLipry

sLipry

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 22-September 14
I want to see feminists when the titanic sank, equal opportunity life boats? #menslifematters

In Joker Jericho, gg actually means "get good"

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

Women are paid less because they don't work the long hours as men do, and men take alot more of the dangerous jobs, where as women do not.

Um, what? Controlled studies have been done on specific careers controlling for all kinds of factors that normally determine your pay like hours worked, education, competence, and things like that.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1545 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

People have really crippled the gender equality movement, honestly. 

EDIT: No I'm not a stupid ill-informed SJW, btw. I shouldn't have to add that, but it seems nowadays you gotta.

Edited by notMateo, 11 June 2016 - 01:59 PM.

[ IGN:  bruhTeo, formerly Jaier ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6928 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

3 years ago I didn't even know this was a thing but mainstream media in the Netherlands and some podcasts I listen to began talking about it more often the podcasters even invited people people to interview and so on and broadened my horizon on the thing.

I would recommend looking up Christina Hoff Summers (factual feminist) on youtube got plenty of short video's going in different feminist matters and rebut them.

Or if you're more into the bashy type you should go with Milo Yiannopolous, the most fabulous super villain on the internet! :P

Opponents and supporters of Milo can really be odd. o.o

Or Gavin McInnes is also someone worth looking up on on the subject, he had some debates with feminists, also kind of a bashy type.

Not that bashyness is a bad thing else i wouldn't be watching.

But what personally worries me more is the move in the Netherlands to add a woman quota in top functions, positive discrimination is still discrimination and all that.

Getting a job because you're a female or else the company has to get fined for ten's to hundreds of thousands of euro's that will most likely add to sexual discrimination on the work floor.

Your employer practically got forced to hire from a smaller pool of people (woman) and maybe you got the job and some guy that was best suited for the job got sidelined and missed that promotion because of it, which might add hostility against the woman in that position now.

Not to forget the other colleagues thinking that she got the position because she's a woman and not because she was best suited for the job.

And also yourself as a woman asking if you were the best of the best and got hired for that or just being hired because of being female.

It has bad mojo all written on it and definitely not something I would want to end up in.

Guess this was the most serious post I made in a long time Eisena what are you doing to my sillyness?! 

• eax likes this

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

damn2112

damn2112

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

3 years ago I didn't even know this was a thing but mainstream media in the Netherlands and some podcasts I listen to began talking about it more often the podcasters even invited people people to interview and so on and broadened my horizon on the thing.

I would recommend looking up Christina Hoff Summers (factual feminist) on youtube got plenty of short video's going in different feminist matters and rebut them.
Or if you're more into the bashy type you should go with Milo Yiannopolous, the most fabulous super villain on the internet! :P
Or Gavin McInnes is also someone worth looking up on on the subject, he had some debates with feminists, also kind of a bashy type.

But what personally worries me more is the move in the Netherlands to add a woman quota in top functions, positive discrimination is still discrimination and all that.
Getting a job because you're a female or else the company has to get fined for ten's to hundreds of thousands of euro's that will most likely add to sexual discrimination on the work floor.
Your employer practically got forced to hire from a smaller pool of people (woman) and maybe you got the job and some guy that was best suited for the job got sidelined and missed that promotion because of it, which might add hostility against the woman in that position now.
Not to forget the other colleagues thinking that she got the position because she's a woman and not because she was best suited for the job.
And also yourself as a woman asking if you were the best of the best and got hired for that or just being hired because of being female.
It has bad mojo all written on it and definitely not something I would want to end up in.
Guess this was the most serious post I made in a long time Eisena what are you doing to my sillyness?!

Damn

Edited by damn2112, 12 June 2016 - 10:13 AM.

76561198070312971.png

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14
My opinion is kind harsh, but basically, feminism has degraded to the point it's all about giving privileges to woman while spreading hate on men. For this last thing, take as an example the **** culture or the safe spaces. Its like implying all men are guilty of a **** until proven innocent. Last time I checked, it was the opposite.
I don t see equality as a single balance, but as many different balances that represent what someone already pointed out: depending on the matter, the discriminated gender will vary. Gender gap affect women, justice affect men, objetification, if I may, affects both, and there are many other issues. However, feminism focuses on those affecting women, so no matter what they say, they are now a biased movement that want the woman to be equal (even more empowered) than men, but not men to be equal to woman.

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

By the logic of most of the people in this thread every movement is terrible because there are a few vocal idiots that associate themselves with them. At its core all feminism says is that there are still inequalities as far as rights and discrimination between people based on gender and that those need to be corrected. Feminism is pretty strongly tied with LBGT rights at this point especially when it comes to transexual and transgender. There is no normal feminist and they have huge spectrum of opinions. I've heard different feminists argue both for and against tons of things including legalizing prostitution, legalizing female toplessness, getting rid of gendered sports events, and a ton of other things. I really don't see how people can think it isn't a serious issue. Its the same as race related things. Even if things have gotten much better there is still a ton of discrimination based on race especially in the justice system. Just because things are better doesn't mean they are completely fixed and should be ignored.

War Games

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6928 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Hmm the gender pay gap is debatable, the European Commission did a recent studie on it looking at all member states.

Basically they concluded that woman generally work less and do other jobs then men do, like woman choose to work for government or semi-government organisations way more which pay less then the private sector mostly does.

They also had between 1 and 4% of unexplained gap so I guess that could be filled with the demand of workers in the labor market and the negotiation skills.

Also the way on how you got employed matters apparently just scratching the gender thing my father got hired through an employment agency and get paid way less then his colleagues in the same position because of it, we aren't talking about a 100 or 500 euro gap monthly but at least a gap of a thousand euro's.

Now is this an isolated case I don't know what I do know is it's good to look at that option.

All the things I said are harder to investigate so it can be the lazyness of the researchers for not going there.

What I personally like to see in these gap studies is that they look for woman and men in the same position, hired at the same time, the same benefits working hours, and educational background.

Of course you still have the issue of negotiation skills but other then that the unexplained stuff should be gone for a big proportion because of it.

And if there is still a small margin that could prolly be the gender pay gap or there is something I'm personally missing out here which is highly possible there are so much things to consider when looking at the labor market. 

KEEM★

KEEM★

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Joined 27-March 15

There will always be inequalities and sexism and racism its just how humans are. Having movements and trying to bring attention to something that is common sense is stupid. Also wag gap studies are stupid they don't take account things like experience and competence(not to mention some employer's will pay more if they like you).   

Edited by MellowYellow, 12 June 2016 - 06:06 AM.

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6928 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Also wag gap studies are stupid they don't take account things like experience and competence(not to mention some employer's will pay more if they like you).   

Yup these studies only have the things that are easy to dig into but there are so much more complex things to consider which are way hard to near impossible to really pull stats out of that.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9414 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

By the logic of most of the people in this thread every movement is terrible because there are a few vocal idiots that associate themselves with them. At its core all feminism says is that there are still inequalities as far as rights and discrimination between people based on gender and that those need to be corrected. Feminism is pretty strongly tied with LBGT rights at this point especially when it comes to transexual and transgender. There is no normal feminist and they have huge spectrum of opinions. I've heard different feminists argue both for and against tons of things including legalizing prostitution, legalizing female toplessness, getting rid of gendered sports events, and a ton of other things. I really don't see how people can think it isn't a serious issue. Its the same as race related things. Even if things have gotten much better there is still a ton of discrimination based on race especially in the justice system. Just because things are better doesn't mean they are completely fixed and should be ignored.

If i understood the tone of the topic, i think it is more about talking the extreme and ridiculous sides of the movements. 

Which are often associated with tumblr somehow and filled with many poor points and confused agendas on what is right and wrong. (though it is indeed arguable as to what makes right and wrong!)

Not mentioning that a few special snowflakes like to ask for extra rights and the fact that among them there are opportunists. However since they are associated with "the movement", they are often shielded with people who whom believe these opportunists are on their side.

It is really nice to know that there are people within the movement who argue with themselves however and honestly that should be a more wide spread knowledge. 

There will always be inequalities and sexism and racism its just how humans are. Having movements and trying to bring attention to something that is common sense is stupid. 

But that is the thing, human nature is not really something you can measure that easily like that, lol. 

In fact, the psychology studies often tend to radically change each year. (or so i heard)

What might look like common sense to you, isn't for the next. As that depends on beliefs and knowledge of your surroundings. 

Which is discussions on a nutshell, we rant about crap we don't (or not fully) understand with other people whom might understand more or less. Speaking like every single thing is a fact and that our source is always the correct one.

Which is sort of hypocritical on my behalf, but i guess the rule of the thumb is to share what you know and try to understand the perspective of who shares it.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngxm0gXBtA.pngx9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

There will always be inequalities and sexism and racism its just how humans are. Having movements and trying to bring attention to something that is common sense is stupid. Also wag gap studies are stupid they don't take account things like experience and competence(not to mention some employer's will pay more if they like you).   

That is a terrible outlook. Sexism and racism are not some innate quality of people and are taught social behaviors. Also there are different types of studies that have been done that do in fact take those things in to account so maybe you should learn a bit before talking about things. While the studies that show 25-40% less earning don't account for these things studies that do account for them always show that females with the same experience, education, and competence in the same career make less than males. Usually the figure is 5-10% when these things are taken in to account.

Yup these studies only have the things that are easy to dig into but there are so much more complex things to consider which are way hard to near impossible to really pull stats out of that.

See what I said above. Just because you only look at bad studies doesn't mean there are only bad studies.

War Games

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

mens brains are designed to function better towards on the focused objective while womens brains will register more objects around us in total, we are different and even a kid whos been attending biology class knows that much, feminism will never borrow the definition of equal value because that already is a word itself and if you stand for its definition? then you wouldnt have to shove a fkn nose ring up your face, dye your hair the brightest colours of the rainbow and throw period blood at people who doesnt agree with you.

feminists are all following the same idea towards power as the nazis except that they love being victimized to prove a point.

76561197986708510.png

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

/thread

76561197986708510.png

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6928 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

See what I said above. Just because you only look at bad studies doesn't mean there are only bad studies.

Of course you have to quote the most meaningless post of mine on the issue. -_-

But yeah the better the studies are the closer the gap becomes and even with the better studies there can be a lot more variables to consider which I made a whole post about expanding on.

Looking back on that post of mine I could prolly expand on the variable thing even more but I figured people would get the point.

mens brains are designed to function better towards on the focused objective while womens brains will register more objects around us in total, we are different and even a kid whos been attending biology class knows that much, feminism will never borrow the definition of equal value

I have read an article about the difference in brains between men and woman once it was quite some time ago but it was talking about all the connections in the brain were they were saying that man brains are more complex then those of female ones.

On the same value one I totally agree with you there, it kinda reminds me of a short video I saw of some guy saying that he was sick of people saying just because your for equal rights between men and woman doesn't make you a feminist since there is already a definition for that egalitarianism or something.

I thought of my history text book talking about the hunter gatherers and that they were most parts egalitarian, if I can believe my text book on that since it's also filled with half truths a lot of times...  

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18113 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

Nah a lot "feminism" is just about making noice and getting heard by some weird minded people sitting behind twitter and co.

Also, it would be stupid to get real equality when males and females aren't equal

because then it extents to stupidities like

and why in an office job would this care where both work as same long and as same hard?

Edited by LilyV3, 13 June 2016 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Boys have p enises and girls have  va ginas.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

youve already triggered an entire nation of feminists at this point, lock your doors and dont order food.

buy in bulk and dont trust anybody until the trendist hipsters calls for walkover

76561197986708510.png

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18113 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

surgery can change that, at leats visually but the entire rest is still, well, the feminists should start to demonstrate about nature  and probably sue ot since it's pretty discriminating of nature to not asking you if you want to have a female or male feature

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1884 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

I have spend sometime on the internet today. And I came across something peculiar, namely 'Feminism'. I've always lived under the impression that, although men and women are quite distinct from each other, both are treated equally and have equal opportunities. But apparently that's not the case?

Seriously? You've heard about feminism for the first time in 2016 and previously you thought both genders were treated equally? Lucky you, I am not sure how you have managed to pull that out. But anyway, the concept of equality isn't intrinsic to human nature, and despite evolutionary equality men and women have never been equal nor they will ever be, or well since even after 6 million years we are still at the beginning of our evolution comparing to other things which surround us, maybe in a few million years more people will hopefully get a bit smarter or at least act like they are and make fertile ground for equality founding. 

Edited by Bambola, 13 June 2016 - 12:01 PM.

sig.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Seriously? You've heard about feminism for the first time in 2016 and previously you thought both genders were treated equally? Lucky you, I am not sure how you have managed to pull that out. But anyway, the concept of equality isn't intrinsic to human nature, and despite evolutionary equality men and women have never been equal nor they will ever be, or well since even after 6 million years we are still at the beginning of our evolution comparing to other things which surround us, maybe in a few million years more people will hopefully get a bit smarter or at least act like they are and make fertile ground for equality founding. 

LOL, there is no proof.

There will be not us after a million of years, you dream on it.

Edited by SyllyBear, 13 June 2016 - 12:07 PM.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1884 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

LOL, there is no proof.

There will be not us after a million of years, you dream on it.

Yeah I won't bite it. Explaining to you things like genetic and anatomical studies, paleontology, anthropology, morphology and developmental biology would be mission impossible when you can't comprehend simple things like people can't play APB offline :P 
Anyway, there is no proof people won't live for few million years more either. 

sig.jpg

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

I was typing something else,. But Mr Bear, and Bambola ignore each other. Please?

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1884 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

That's what you get when you create threads ^^

sig.jpg

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Yeah I won't bite it. Explaining to you things like genetic and anatomical studies, paleontology, anthropology, morphology and developmental biology would be mission impossible when you can't comprehend simple things like people can't play APB offline :P 
Anyway, there is no proof people won't live for few million years more either. 

Where are the bones of all our ancestors? Monkeys? LMAO

Yeah, like the humanity is today, the amount of speshul people... humanity will go extinct and i have no doubt.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

KEEM★

KEEM★

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Joined 27-March 15

That is a terrible outlook. Sexism and racism are not some innate quality of people and are taught social behaviors. Also there are different types of studies that have been done that do in fact take those things in to account so maybe you should learn a bit before talking about things. While the studies that show 25-40% less earning don't account for these things studies that do account for them always show that females with the same experience, education, and competence in the same career make less than males. Usually the figure is 5-10% when these things are taken in to account.

Can you post said study? I don't think you know what sexism and racism is. They aren't social behaviors...

Edited by MellowYellow, 13 June 2016 - 01:56 PM.

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

Or if you're more into the bashy type you should go with Milo Yiannopolous, the most fabulous super villain on the internet!  :P

Seems I am three years late to the party :P  Thanks for your suggestions, I am looking them up for sure. And about this 'pro female discrimination'? I don't know, it sounds like a tough problem. Some women are capable of being in charge, others are not. Same goes with men obviously.

Maybe it is my dominating presence in my thread which makes you all serious! ^^'

If i understood the tone of the topic, i think it is more about talking the extreme and ridiculous sides of the movements. 

Which are often associated with tumblr somehow and filled with many poor points and confused agendas on what is right and wrong. (though it is indeed arguable as to what makes right and wrong!)

Not mentioning that a few special snowflakes like to ask for extra rights and the fact that among them there are opportunists. However since they are associated with "the movement", they are often shielded with people who whom believe these opportunists are on their side.

It is really nice to know that there are people within the movement who argue with themselves however and honestly that should be a more wide spread knowledge.

-snip-

Yes, the extreme and ill-informed people. Maybe they are the stupid, the arrogant or the ignorant. But people like that get lots of attention anyway, regardless of the field they are active in.  But they also got me wondering, is there really something inherently wrong with the way things are right now?

I have been living under a rock for quite some time yes. Couldn't care less about others. Still don't ofcourse. ^^"  But no, I don't think men and women are equal, just that both have the equal amount of freedom to do whatever it is they want. (In the western world that is.) Get a job, pay your taxes, and prepare to die.

And evolution? Besides random mutations. Bah, as things are right now with the weak, stupid and sick being kept alive,  evolution has stopped. I don't see a general direction our species is going. I do however see an alarming increase of fat people. We are as a whole becoming stupid, fat and lazy. And I am absolutely disgusted by it. And although both men and women are affected by this disease of sorts (equality!).  It is beside the point of this thread. 

Edited by Eisena, 13 June 2016 - 02:18 PM.

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

lol the thread is finally starting to look like a feminist thread

can someone count the amount of times the words "victim", "attention", "equal", "stupid" or the word "educated/freedom/ignorant"

if any of the words are repeated more than 25 times, ill bring coffee and brownies

cheers guys. top kek thread

Edited by Vazkulator, 13 June 2016 - 02:43 PM.

76561197986708510.png

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6928 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Gosh when this thread was made I was thinking when Bambola gonna jump in and here you are. ^_^

200.gif

But yeah I totally agree with you there I personally would not touch the biological aspect and all that jazz since that is a clear case if you count out the triggered snowflakes. 

The different choices we make would also be a clear case but apparently less understood if I can believe the media that won't touch on both of these aspects.

I am just for equality under law and if I would disagree with someone so much that it would be unacceptable I would just stop hanging around with those people.

Definitely not needing a government to make choices for me on who to hang out with or not. :P

Just going to say now I am afraid and need a safe space to protect me from debates with people with opposite views, if you ask me that spices life up a bit more.it's really silly you need to explain every little freakin detail to some people (not you Bambo)

Seems I am three years late to the party :P  Thanks for your suggestions, I am looking them up for sure. And about this 'pro female discrimination'? I don't know, it sounds like a tough problem. Some women are capable of being in charge, others are not. Same goes with men obviously.

Maybe it is my dominating presence in my thread which makes you all serious! ^^'

Well the official term would be positive discrimination and the concerns I have with it won't take root after implementation I would go for a 20 to 30 years before these problems of such action would take root visibly and could probably go into studies of that future.

On the take charge thing of course woman can be good leaders too of course and that's why we shouldn't get special privileges to get there.

Just saying there are woman out there that go bunkers of the word "bossy", seriously if you get triggered by that you're incapable of a leadership position if you ask me. 

PS for Mr Vaz: victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim,  victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim, victim,  time to get those brownies! ^_^

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

this is actually wrong, there arent any studies that takes those things in consideration.

men and women are different, we choose different paths in life in majority and even though you seem to say it looks like this,

the truth is that women today will get the job instead of a male with more experience and a higher education only to improve the appearance of company with x amount of women vs x amount of men and to show that theyre supportive of "equality" so that theyll hire females under higher positions.

ps. victim word counter  broken, coffe and brownies coming through (no period blood added)

Edited by Vazkulator, 13 June 2016 - 02:58 PM.

76561197986708510.png

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6928 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

this is actually wrong, there arent any studies that takes those things in consideration.

men and women are different, we choose different paths in life in majority and even though you seem to say it looks like this,

And then we are just talking about about experience, study and all that hoopla, just think of the market for something it might be more expensive to hire someone in year X then a few years later down the road.

Also companies can have all kinds of benefits and can pay their employees very differently.

If you ask me there can't be a good nation or world wide study that can be satisfactory since all the complexity comes into play and is just to much to dig up.

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

Can you post said study? I don't think you know what sexism and racism is. They aren't social behaviors...

You mean something like:

http://www.aauw.org/...-graduation.pdf

I haven't read much on the subject in years so I just took one of the sources from the wikipedia page on gender pay gap, but there are a huge amount of studies on things like this. Maybe you should look things up yourself if you want to actually learn about them.

War Games

Victorria

Victorria

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14

It does not take a genius to see women are still underrated in society. And feminism doesn't fight for woman rights only, it fights for equality of all genders and gender roles. It is getting better, even though we still have a long way to go. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users