46 replies to this topic

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
I have been on and off again forever. I think I'll be coming back for a bit but all my builds and gear are now way to old. I'm looking for a good pistol/crafter build and a pvp pistol build. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I have been on and off again forever. I think I'll be coming back for a bit but all my builds and gear are now way to old. I'm looking for a good pistol/crafter build and a pvp pistol build. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Well... pistol/crafter is easy for the most part. As for a PVP pistol build they both can do it, anything you exactly want on your PVP pistoleer?

PVE Pistol
The only downside is that I don't exactly know what aura, mutations, skills, or otherwise you might like to run... if it's purely for PVE it also depends on if you want it to also work in Dome. Which I'd recommend going primal for extreme HP, but at the same time it can just as easily be a nano-healer... but I'd definitely recommend Lights (4 pistol skill reduction which is a decent amount of AP from Dex as well) over Heavies if it's PVE only.

A bit more information would be needed to make whatever "ideal" build you'd like.

Edited by Reaps989, 08 August 2016 - 03:21 AM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
Well I would like first aid and emp. My current build also has rifle but I'm willing to give it up. Also I have been thinking about a rifle/heavy build but I'm a total noob when it comes to heavy.

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
And yeah I need to run the dome a ton to get the new weapons books

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
Something like this http://planer.fallen...101010101010101what do you think?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Something like this http://bukkaketrain....101010101010101what do you think?
Updated link. - Reaps989

Well there's a few things... I am guessing this is a healer of sorts with high Empathic? What is it exactly used for, is the major question.

For Dome will it tank or heal? If it's for PVE, you don't really "need" a ton of dodge either. If it's not healing for Dome, it could easily drop the points from Charisma to spend AP elsewhere.

Anywhere above 186 First Aid is also not worth investing into, as Suck it Up is nowhere near as strong as it used to be and you don't exactly gain increased healing from this.

If the build uses Social (or enhancement), rather than group tactics, the charisma makes a lot more sense. But I'd need to know for sure what you'll looking to do with this build.

Power and Precision should reach 141 if you want maximize gains for minimal investment. Pistol also only truthfully need to be 153, unless you're going for a slightly smaller crosshair... which the smallest if i am not mistaken is 218 for 195 Pistols.

http://bukkaketrain....101010101010101

Just an example of how much AP can be saved just by pulling AP from most of the above, besides Empathic (153 is solid... only kept 162 if you do bloodsports since it will handle most DoT's in 1 or 2 casts. PVE, however, Empathic isn't 'as' strong but still effective.

Edited by Reaps989, 08 August 2016 - 03:28 AM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
I mostly solo play. I do intend to do some bloodsports. I usually do max emp, first aid, and pistol rifle. I do need to run the dome for the new books and I noticed there is left over ap. That build does look pretty good and I thank you for the help. I also have a level 55 that is currently melee and I wonder if you might have a good build for that as well or are pistols better that melee now? And the the build you provided I do need max crafting sence that is my main crafter. Would that still fit in with the build?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I mostly solo play. I do intend to do some bloodsports. I usually do max emp, first aid, and pistol rifle. I do need to run the dome for the new books and I noticed there is left over ap. That build does look pretty good and I thank you for the help. I also have a level 55 that is currently melee and I wonder if you might have a good build for that as well or are pistols better that melee now? And the the build you provided I do need max crafting sence that is my main crafter. Would that still fit in with the build?

Well you're able to do as you wish with leftover AP, but feel free to ask if you want it spent somewhere.

Pistols have always had the upper hand minus when melee had OP kinetic hammers.

And a melee crafter?

But obviously you'd need to decide what else you might like with it, that's the most efficient setup with it tho.

Builds cannot be made "for you" entirely, thus information is key to get the best results. Key elements are...

• Stance used.
  • Aura choice
  • Support or DPS
  • 195 Crafting or "IDGAF"
  • Skills "required" in your eyes (I run Escape Artist, a lot, at 150)
  • Mutations "required" in your eyes. (For example I run Nano, a lot...)

Edited by Reaps989, 08 August 2016 - 03:20 AM.

Posted Image

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
For my crafter he uses pistol/rifle empathic, first aid and as for stance I usually switch between the pistol/rifle stance depending on witch one I am using. So I would need emp, first aid, pistol/rifle, max crafting, some kind of dps/support combo because I usually play alone, and as for stance and aura I'm open to suggestions. And as for my melee toon he is not a crafter but I would like to spec him for dps or pvp with either melee or pistol. Thanks again for all your help

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

For my crafter he uses pistol/rifle empathic, first aid and as for stance I usually switch between the pistol/rifle stance depending on witch one I am using. So I would need emp, first aid, pistol/rifle, max crafting, some kind of dps/support combo because I usually play alone, and as for stance and aura I'm open to suggestions. And as for my melee toon he is not a crafter but I would like to spec him for dps or pvp with either melee or pistol. Thanks again for all your help

Ah alrighty... let's see. It's tough to really say for sure how you should setup especially when playing solo so I'll give a few examples.

That's for the pistol crafter but that's trying to keep high empathic in some manner... as for melee or pistol DPS without crafting.

Melee options
  • 2 Handed TK and Escape Artist - High DPS and durability
    • You can swap sonic to rifle for a lower CD snare, but sonic is an auto-hit and can be used at range. The extra 6 AP would go into dodge.
  • Dual Wield Thermal and Escape Artist - More ideal for dual wield, as timing with Bend Metal (forces both attacks to mouse 1) is difficult for most.
    • Same as above if you want the Rifle Snare at 54, place the 6 extra AP into dodge.
  • Burst/Tank Melee - Works with either 1h or 2h
  • Patho EA Melee - Works with either 1h or 2h

Without EA tho, obviously, you could spend a ton elsewhere but all of the above builds are plenty offensive as is. The most you could really do is go Dirty Tricks or Patho, most likely Patho in PVP tho.

As for pistol vs melee... depends greatly on PVP or PVE. If it's PVE, definitely pistol.

Edited by Reaps989, 08 August 2016 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
Those look good but on the pistol crafter is there anyway I could throw in rifle?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Those look good but on the pistol crafter is there anyway I could throw in rifle?

With melee? it can be point tight.

Posted Image

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
No pistol/rifle/max crafter

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

No pistol/rifle/max crafter

PVE or PVP?

Guessing PVE so I'll ignore dexterity but I also need to know the aura choice.

Is a "layout" but really depends where I go next with it, definitely want a Enforcer or Vista T-shirt for +3 Rifle. Pistol gives Perfect Timing at 153, which is great for a DPS increase and you'd definitely use Concentration as your stance.

Well unless you feel like swapping stances...

Edited by Reaps989, 08 August 2016 - 03:18 AM.

Posted Image

Redskull

Redskull

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 18-August 11
http://planer.fallen...101010101010101Something kinda like that minus the red points is how I usually go

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

http://bukkaketrain....101010101010101Something kinda like that minus the red points is how I usually go

Updated link -Reaps989

Something like this then.

Edit : Obviously in PVE you can ignore power (unless you want the 5% armor penetration) so there is "some" AP you can work with there. Which would net you 74 AP if you raised Charisma high enough for 174 Enhancement and 171 Empathic.

Which could go into anything to get rank 1 unlocks (Patho, Sonic, or Escape Artist for Dash 1 are the best options for that left over AP depending on choice) that can work, or simply into health.)

Dodge is also not exactly required either, but it does help in Dome where NPCs actually have solid critical chance.

Edited by Reaps989, 08 August 2016 - 03:28 AM.

Posted Image

Kitsuki

Kitsuki

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

I was looking at your first pistol build Reaps, if say bumped strength and primal to 138 (think that's best can do) what would you recommend as defaults buffs/mutations running for solo pve/dome?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I was looking at your first pistol build Reaps, if say bumped strength and primal to 138 (think that's best can do) what would you recommend as defaults buffs/mutations running for solo pve/dome?

That could easily work, yes.

Posted Image

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

This post is super useful, but is it me or did the website links with the builds go down?

There have been so many changes since I was last here that its basically a new game to me.  My old toon was a Pistol/Crafter.  I honestly know nothing about what auras and such since its been such a long time.

I just know that when I was playing my guy could take a beating, dish out damage to stop the stuff beating on me, and heal myself when needed.  Oh and my guy is my main crafter so crafting needed to be max.

I see the person above talking about Pistol/Rifle/Crafter... why 2 weapon types?  Rifle to engage from a distance and get damage in?

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

Is this still a viable and useful character planner since the other one has gone down?

http://feplanner.sourceforge.net/

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Is this still a viable and useful character planner since the other one has gone down?

http://feplanner.sourceforge.net/

Sadly since it uses power's old scaling (strength and willpower) and if the build has dirty tricks it also has old scaling (perception and dexterity)... so no :(

A little birdy told me that either the updated planner I tweaked or that one will be updated soon... hopefully.

Posted Image

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

I'm posting on here a summary of all the info from this post.  I'm doing this in hopes of helping others (including myself) on building a Pistol/Crafter.  Since the links that were used are no longer available I am copy/pasting the parts I found useful in this post.  It would be really helpful if someone could post the actual numbers into each skill like those links would have shown.

Here's what I have gathered thus far:

Pistol 153 (195 gains smallest crosshair? - not necessary) - gives Perfect timing at 153

Empathic 153 (162 if doing Bloodsports)

Use Concentration as your stance

Escape Artist good? (at 150 skill)

(few builds that were mentioned, but the links don't work at the moment)

- Social Desperado Aura
- Group Tactics Atk Posture DPS with Empathic
- Illumination Aura Desperado
- Enhancement Desperado

You can ignore Power (unless you want the 5% armor pentration).  If you ignore power you can then get Charisma
high enough so you can get 174 Enhancement and 171 Empathic.

Empathy isn't as "strong" in PvE, but it is effective.  Good in Bloodsports since it will handle most DoT's in 1 or 2 casts.

Which could go into anything to get rank 1 unlocks (Patho, Sonic, or Escape Artist for Dash 1 are the best options for that left over AP depending on choice) that can work, or simply into health.)

Dodge is also not exactly required either, but it does help in Dome where NPCs actually have solid critical chance.

Edited by ChinchillaDakilla, 06 August 2016 - 08:55 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I'm posting on here a summary of all the info from this post.  I'm doing this in hopes of helping others (including myself) on building a Pistol/Crafter.  Since the links that were used are no longer available I am copy/pasting the parts I found useful in this post.  It would be really helpful if someone could post the actual numbers into each skill like those links would have shown.

Here's what I have gathered thus far:

Pistol 153 (195 gains smallest crosshair? - not necessary) - gives Perfect timing at 153

Empathic 153 (162 if doing Bloodsports)

Use Concentration as your stance

Escape Artist good? (at 150 skill)

(few builds that were mentioned, but the links don't work at the moment)

- Social Desperado Aura
- Group Tactics Atk Posture DPS with Empathic
- Illumination Aura Desperado
- Enhancement Desperado

You can ignore Power (unless you want the 5% armor pentration).  If you ignore power you can then get Charisma
high enough so you can get 174 Enhancement and 171 Empathic.

Empathy isn't as "strong" in PvE, but it is effective.  Good in Bloodsports since it will handle most DoT's in 1 or 2 casts.

There is one build build planner I'll link later. But power for a pistol build is quite effective, as it further increases total DPS.

But ya I'll explain better in a few hours.

Posted Image

Wizard70

Wizard70

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 22-February 13

Good morning everyone.

As another returning player finding my old builds a bit on the useless side I have been waiting with bated breath for Reaps reply to the Op's build as I have done a very similar one.

My guess is you replied by PM but | would love to see the advice you gave as well. At this stage I am looking purely at PVE as my time zone screws me for PvP.

Reaps guides have always been invaluable to me so I value them.

Thanks

Edited by Wizard70, 07 August 2016 - 10:55 PM.

I was brought into this world to do a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
All builds within this thread, under my posts, have updated links to the new planner.

Took a minute via mobile lol

Posted Image

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

All builds within this thread, under my posts, have updated links to the new planner.

Took a minute via mobile lol

You are awesome man!  I am sooo gonna save that website (funny name).  Thank you!

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

You are awesome man!  I am sooo gonna save that website (funny name).  Thank you!

Be sure to thank Thanatheone if you see him in-game. He's hosting it on his site.

Posted Image

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

Be sure to thank Thanatheone if you see him in-game. He's hosting it on his site.

I definitely will do that.

BloodRayon

BloodRayon

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-June 15

It's realistic to think at a PVE/Crafter Pistols build for the pve events (like OP or others) or singles boss into wastedlands and Dome?

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

Rough Draft build.  I saved a few of the ones above prior to the website going down, but I can't seem to be able to import them very well so I started building one using the advice on this thread.

I feel a few things are missing, but overall this is what I have.

* Character is - Pistol/Crafter

* Crafting - I don't know if max is needed, but if it is then Maximum.

* I plan on doing PvE type things like Dome.  I don't PvP much, but maybe an occasional splash of it here and there.

* I hope to not always be solo, but to be safe let's plan on it.

http://bf-networks.c...101017801010101

EDIT:  Making changes to the build.  I think I figured out how to get the old links to work on the new planner.

Edited by ChinchillaDakilla, 12 September 2016 - 07:01 AM.

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

Managed to port over these 2 builds to the new planner.

http://bf-networks.c...101010101010101

http://bf-networks.c...101010101010101

I'm reviewing them to see which will probably fit better for what I described above.

Koraboros

Koraboros

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-January 17

Hey guys! im just "another person asking for build advice" too... so I'll put this here and ...walk away... very slowly..:i dont know what im doing

Can you give me some advice pls?, I intend to build some kind of hybrid.. pvpve damage dealer crafter thingy. more focused in pve but, but I would like to perform moderately well in pvp too. thanks in advance.

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 29-July 15

Hey guys! im just "another person asking for build advice" too... so I'll put this here and ...walk away... very slowly..:i dont know what im doing

Can you give me some advice pls?, I intend to build some kind of hybrid.. pvpve damage dealer crafter thingy. more focused in pve but, but I would like to perform moderately well in pvp too. thanks in advance.

A little optimization IMHO:

http://bukkaketrain....1010101010101B4

- you can run an enhancement aura

- intelligence 98 + perception 95 is enough for max crafting

- a little more armor use to reach dreadnaught 9

You have 12 ap left. Maybe you can reduce pistol, if 173 isn't needed, or Thermal Control, and add some more into endurance + armor use, to reach 180. Soak Elements 8 + Calibration 7 is a nice combo IMHO.

Koraboros

Koraboros

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-January 17

A little optimization IMHO:

- you can run an enhancement aura

- intelligence 98 + perception 95 is enough for max crafting

- a little more armor use to reach dreadnaught 9

You have 12 ap left. Maybe you can reduce pistol, if 173 isn't needed, or Thermal Control, and add some more into endurance + armor use, to reach 180. Soak Elements 8 + Calibration 7 is a nice combo IMHO.

Hey there, ty so much for your advise, I'll keep it in mind. Do you think dodge is not necessary then? what about Empathic, maybe reduce some points from there and charisma (empathic 135 for benevolence 6- enhancement 138 for calibration 6) and add some in melee for charge? still some AP left...
i put 173 in pistol because I read that there is a reduction of crosshair to 210 (desperado 3 +37 pistol skill) But I really do not know if it's worth it. Just want thermal  to annoy with the dots and make them spend some gamma with the dispells...so, maybe i will take some from there...

Edit: maybe something like this ?

Edited by Koraboros, 25 January 2017 - 05:17 AM.

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 29-July 15

I've never spend any AP into dodge. I don't think it's worth it. But you can get some dodge from GT Stage Defense Gear:

http://fallenearth.w...tage_1_Research

TBH spending AP into pistol for a smaller crosshair sounds like luxury, I wouldn't do that. And keep in mind that there a +modifiers from gear:

- get one of those to save 3 AP: http://fallenearth.w...raveler_T-Shirt or http://fallenearth.w...ki/Tech_T-Shirt

- maybe your prefered end-game weapon has a modifier, too: http://fallenearth.w...eapons_(Pistol)

Therefor I've reduced pistol to 155 (155+37+3=195)

Second weapon skill only for charge isn't recommended. But taking into account your proposal (reduce charisma), another option with more precision and power, and your desired smaller crosshair:

Koraboros

Koraboros

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-January 17

Well, that is useful information... thank you very much for taking the time to link those modifier items. I think you're right about the crosshair, maybe it's not worth it at all. I'll consider your edits and remove points from pistol to put them in thermal. I think I prefer the extra heal and defenses so I'll leave charisma like that, and try that combo (Soak Elements 8 + Calibration 7). Thank you very much for your help, and see you in the game.

Edited by Koraboros, 25 January 2017 - 06:39 PM.

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 29-July 15

But keep in mind that you can use only one stance. So if you use Soak Elements, you can't use Desperado.

So you either need a second pair of guns with lower requirements OR you raise pistol to 192 (+3 from shirt = 195) and won't need Desperado at all. You can choose between Dreadnaught, Soak Elements and Attack Posture:

Koraboros

Koraboros

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-January 17

But keep in mind that you can use only one stance. So if you use Soak Elements, you can't use Desperado.

So you either need a second pair of guns with lower requirements OR you raise pistol to 192 (+3 from shirt = 195) and won't need Desperado at all. You can choose between Dreadnaught, Soak Elements and Attack Posture:

Oh I see, it's something I'll keep in mind then. What about that advice about keeping the skill to the maximum for my level to get certain benefits. As defense in the case of AU or critical in case of Pistol / precision. etc. Does it refer to the maximum skill level at any character level? Or to the maximum of the skill, for example 196 to level 55. I hope you can understand what I try to ask, my knowledge of English has its limitations and the google translator does not help me much. Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Koraboros, 26 January 2017 - 04:02 AM.

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 29-July 15

I understand what you mean and Reaps has documented it in this post and the following:

http://forums.gamers...ions/?p=3484375

Personally, I've raised skills/mutations with abilities/stances/mutations/auras available. For example, after reaching armor use 54 (dreadnaught 1), i didn't spend ap into it before hitting a cap of 69 (dreadnaught 2) and so on (75, 84, 90 ...). But that is up to you.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Oh I see, it's something I'll keep in mind then. What about that advice about keeping the skill to the maximum for my level to get certain benefits. As defense in the case of AU or critical in case of Pistol / precision. etc. Does it refer to the maximum skill level at any character level? Or to the maximum of the skill, for example 196 to level 55. I hope you can understand what I try to ask, my knowledge of English has its limitations and the google translator does not help me much. Thanks again for your help.

Sorry for the late reply.

Dodge is more of a PVP focused passive, which even then it's not overly impressive or required. It simply helps when you hit 170 AU and want more defense, as 183/196 isn't worth it unless you're already investing into Coordination.

As for pistol requirements if you don't want to use Desperado.

188 + Shirt (3) + AP Heavies (4) = 195 Pistol

186 + Shirt (3) + AP Mediums (6) = 195 Pistol

184 + Shirt (3) + AP Lights (8) = 195 Pistol

This doesn't mean these are optimal, but simply there if you invest that much into Dexterity and Perception. As stated above 98 int and 95 perc will get you to 195 crafting.

Another thing to note is with Desperado if you are trying to save AP on Dexterity or Perception is that you can drop down to 151 for Heavies but it is advised to avoid going below 150 Pistol as you actually lose AP by doing so when using Desperado. Not to mention 153 is nice to unlock Perfect Timing for the precision buff for a solid DPS increase on the precision buff (critical chance).

I see a few builds here... let me know which one you'd like to focus on and I'll see how I can min/max it's AP spending.

P.S. Passive scaling is based on level.

Level 10 AU Scaling : 2.8 per 1% so 36.4 (37 as you have to be above that) for 13% Armor Use passive.

Level 55 AU Scaling : 13.06 per 1% so 169.75 (170 which most people go, same rule as above) for 13% Armor Use Passive.

To find the scaling for your level you must know it's modifiers. So for AU at 55 it's 196 (98 max cap for Coord and End) so divide that by it's passive scaling. Just at at level 10 it's 42 (max cap for Coord and End at lvl 10) so divide it by 15.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users