47 replies to this topic

botter

botter

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

They are fun to use against silvers bud,,, mostly useless . 

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I am yet to see anyone use them in months.

Redaay

Redaay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Joined 02-November 14

have seen one person, he proceeded to go 0/2/13 against my group

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

I use them all the time. Mainly the strife. Although I recently just figured out how to fire the Misery so I might use that more now.

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

Eixo

Eixo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15
Only h9 and strife looks decent

KawaiPotato

KawaiPotato

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Joined 10-August 14

I use them kinda often
If the "sniper" one didnt have running penalty i would totally use that alot i love hot accurate it is and it shoots pretty fast with cj3 id can compete with obeya and obir if its in the right hands

KawaiPotato | Envious | Crim | R255 | Citadel

Loped | me bad no london | Enf | R24X | Citadel

X23-Silentmeat

X23-Silentmeat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1538 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11

They're not typically easy weapons to use, so you won't see too many people using them, they require the use of their unique mechanics in order to function viably, otherwise you'd mayaswell use another option.

The Curse, the SMG is best fired in bursts in order to take advantage of how its first few shots do not cause any weapon spread, so that combined with its decent accuracy tends to match other weapons that are good at accurate run-and-gun gameplay.

The Strife, the Shotgun is best used at defensive positions in order to stay safe during its slow fire rate, but considering it does the same if not more damage as the HVR, it can be quite deadly in accurate hands, it also syncs well with players who like to use their secondary alot to act as a CQC finishing weapon.

The Oblivion, the Sniper isn't too amazing but it functions parallel to the ISSR-b, where the ISSR-b fires faster at the expense of more bloom after sustained fire, the Oblivion can fire at its maximum rate of fire without having to wait for bloom to reset.

The Misery, the Assault Rifle is super underrated and a great rifle imo, its high damage combined with its first two shots not causing any weapon spread like the Curse, is great for double and tripple bursts, I find it one of the most consistent guns accuracy wise for mid range.

The Harbinger, the secondary is unfortunately the underdog in this weapons pack, it tries to do something yet lacks the necessary stats in order to be viable at doing it, it functions like a combination between the .45 AP and the ACT 44. It tries to be that middle point between those two guns but lacks the damage, the range and the spread recovery to do it, it's the only gun I personally find that actually needs a buff, the rest of the guns are fine when you use them to their strengths properly.

76561198018021499.png

Rolpack

Rolpack

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

The Misery, the Assault Rifle is super underrated and a great rifle imo, its high damage combined with its first two shots not causing any weapon spread like the Curse, is great for double and tripple bursts, I find it one of the most consistent guns accuracy wise for mid range.

So 200 damage (no overhead damage whatsoever) is considered high damage?

That's the most crippling aspect of the gun imo, if you can't keep pushing an enemy with CA3 and let him regen, the second he regens it becomes a 6 STK rather than 5.

On the other hand, misery is really good at jumpshooting in close range, if you aim down sight just like "Manic".

X23-Silentmeat

X23-Silentmeat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1538 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11

So 200 damage (no overhead damage whatsoever) is considered high damage?

That's the most crippling aspect of the gun imo, if you can't keep pushing an enemy with CA3 and let him regen, the second he regens it becomes a 6 STK rather than 5.

On the other hand, misery is really good at jumpshooting in close range, if you aim down sight just like "Manic".

What other assault rifle in the game do under 5 shots to kill, which would in a sense actually would be classified as high damage? I can name only 2, the N-TEC 7 and the ISSR-a which perform on completely different spectrum's from this gun and from eachother. So yes, the Misery if you don't miss, which isn't hard to do considering the weapon doesn't even bloom till after its 3rd shot, is considered high damage, if you are having trouble against CA users, don't tap fire it, tripple burst it, it will hit fast enough to negate the regen pretty easily.

76561198018021499.png

Rolpack

Rolpack

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

I just meant that ursus at least has overdamage to keep the pressure on, unlike misery and also 5 more bullets in the magazine.

I have the pack, but i really never use the guns, cause they are overwhelmed by the "meta" weapons, so other than "for lulz" theres not really a reason.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15033 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I just meant that ursus at least has overdamage to keep the pressure on

Does it? I've gotten so many 6 shot kills against CA3 users in a short timeframe.

But the Misery does JUST enough damage to kill in 5 shots, so thats even worse.

Edited by ..GhosT, 22 May 2016 - 08:26 AM.

N9pGkYM.png

Truksterism

Truksterism

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Joined 21-May 15

The rev guns are fine, maybe make the sniper auto fire but other than that everything is good imo.

The strife does fantastic hard damage, can 1 shot fragile, 2 shot kev 3. The curse can chop up kev 3 players easily, kills faster than the buffed OCA but has worse bloom (with cj3). I've seen the assault rifle and the "sniper" used to pretty good effect as well.

xUsyKAx.gifMissShagwell SBdpWGQ.pngK4pirUt.png VaelanakNBHGnM.gif
Ordm0j0.pngRP5t0Fc.pngOrdm0j0.pnganXUXJI.pngOrdm0j0.pngcvUH8Gc.png

L.F.

L.F.

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 22-April 15

They are fine, it's just it takes some actual skill, not only point and press the mouse button. Can't we just keep them like that?

Edited by L.F., 22 May 2016 - 09:03 AM.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3934 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14
I play with them A LOT and some of them need a buff.

Harbringer - more range, a little less bloom, no bloom when equipping, a bit more damage but still 4STK

Misery - faster mm movement, overdamage

Oblivion - remove speed penalty

Strife - one of the most balanced guns out there, no need to change

Curse - 1 less STK

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Harbringer - more range, a little less bloom, no bloom when equipping, a bit more damage but still 4STK

Curse - 1 less STK

But they are having fun with you.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 16-September 15
These are just my opinions, and it all depends on what you like or look for in guns. I know for a fact that they tried to introduce slightly different playstyle guns with the Revelations pack, like a double tap style assault rifle, and a long burst style SMG, the only problem is they're just not popular playstyles or are one-up'd by more popular meta guns for those niches.

The H9 Curse SMG was ok, but now overshadowed by both the OCA and PMG.

The Strife shotgun is also really strong in it's niche, assuming you can close the gap.

Harbinger revolver is "good" for a mid-range pistol but could do with a reduced equip time.

The Misery AR is again designed for a very specific playstyle that's just not competitive against other assault rifles in that range, I do feel if theyre going to change one thing about it, just give it +10m more effective range so it can play more like a CR762 rifle.

And man does the Oblivion sniper suck overall, they should have just made it a Dog-ear reskin and be done with it, while it is 4 stk @ 90m (i think) it's fire rate even with CJ3 forces you to fight at HVR range where you will get outplayed by every other sniper in the game, even the Anubis lol.

Overall they do need to be revised but since we only get one small balance patch a year we'll have to wait another 12 months for it.

greenplanet recycling rerolls since 2011

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4339 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

While not getting into the discussion of how to balance them, I do use the Curse and Strife often.

I am terrible with CR762 and the OBIR, so that's why I don't use the Oblivion. The Misery, IMO, blooms way too much after the third shot, and that's really why I don't use it over other mid range AR's.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4519 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

I use them often have no issues with the primary ones just got to know how to use and what mods work in sync with them , the secondary on other hand could use tweaks

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Helena.

Helena.

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 18-April 16

Curse - 1 less STK

These are actually really good suggestions.

Aelisa | Citadel (EU) | Clanless
Alphabetic | Citadel (EU) | Hitmonks

| RTW Veteran |

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4519 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Misery - faster mm movement, overdamage Try Mobility sling rank 195 mod what  I use on it for MM mode , tho lately mostly hip-fire mode it now

Curse - 1 less STK

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
Before ya judge think

Qualeta

Qualeta

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 29-June 13

No need to buff the weapons. Only the rifle is a little bad

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1155 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
Personally I was hyped for shotgun, but this gun I'm using very rarely because I don't like it.
Misery is interesting, I was complaining about it a lot and now it's my favorite gun from the pack:)
If only Harbinger could have less bloom when shooting then it will be OK fire me.
Curse is a little bro of Agrotech Rifle (tbh used it 3 times only).
Oblivion isn't bad, I'm using it from time to time but same as Strife, very rarely.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

The only weapons in the pack that need to be changed are the R-2 and maybe the S-247, until they buffed the ISSR, it was a viable sniper.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15033 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

The only weapons in the pack that need to be changed are the R-2 and maybe the S-247, until they buffed the ISSR, it was a viable sniper.

The misery is still the worst assault rifle in the game, and the curse is pretty much a nerfed whisper with a little bit more range.

The revelation weapons can all be used, but they are all bad compared to all the other weapons and could need a buff.

N9pGkYM.png

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

The misery is still the worst assault rifle in the game, and the curse is pretty much a nerfed whisper with a little bit more range.

The revelation weapons can all be used, but they are all bad compared to all the other weapons and could need a buff.

Last time i checked, the COBR-A was the worst AR in the game.  And the Curse and Whisper are two vastly different guns.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15033 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Last time i checked, the COBR-A was the worst AR in the game.  And the Curse and Whisper are two vastly different guns.

I'll take the COBR-A over the Misery any day.

The curse and the whisper are similar, the curse just has the benefit of better accuracy and ADS-ability.

N9pGkYM.png

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I'll take the COBR-A over the Misery any day.

The curse and the whisper are similar, the curse just has the benefit of better accuracy and ADS-ability.

The Whisper and Curse really cant be compared to each other, the Curse is a medium range SMG, while the Whisper is an SMG with range.

And the Misery is honestly better than the COBR-A.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15033 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

The Whisper and Curse really cant be compared to each other, the Curse is a medium range SMG, while the Whisper is an SMG with range.

And the Misery is honestly better than the COBR-A.

It felt similar to the whisper when I played it plus that it doesn't deal any damage and you can ADS with it.

Anyway, no point in argueing about this, they all deserve a buff. You pay 4000G1C for 5 weapons which are all the worst of their class.

Edited by ..GhosT, 22 May 2016 - 02:34 PM.

N9pGkYM.png

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

It felt similar to the whisper when I played it plus that it doesn't deal any damage and you can ADS with it.

Anyway, no point in argueing about this, they all deserve a buff. You pay 4000G1C for 5 weapons which are all the worst of their class.

Not sure how the SG-21 would be the worst shotgun. cant really even buff it without nerfing it in return anyways.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Fenton

Fenton

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

The Strife, the Shotgun is best used at defensive positions in order to stay safe during its slow fire rate, but considering it does the same if not more damage as the HVR, it can be quite deadly in accurate hands, it also syncs well with players who like to use their secondary alot to act as a CQC finishing weapon.

2G7Xroem.png

Secondary Alot wonders why you don't love it as much as other Alots.

Other than that, good advice there.

They are fun to use against silvers bud,,, mostly useless . 

To be honest, the Revelations pack as a whole felt rushed, so the weapons could do with being looked at again. Also, some small tweaks with the models might not be a bad idea....

Rolpack

Rolpack

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

Not sure how the SG-21 would be the worst shotgun. cant really even buff it without nerfing it in return anyways.

Maybe because every other shotgun outplays it? Its only good if you are 5 meters away from your enemy and they got sneezed on before you approached them.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Maybe because every other shotgun outplays it? Its only good if you are 5 meters away from your enemy and they got sneezed on before you approached them.

Not always, it deals the highest amount of damage of any other bullet based weapon in APB. The balance for that is the slow fire rate and bolt timer.  Getting hit with a full blast from the thing will make you an easy kill for other players.

I genuinely have no clue on how they would buff something that can almost 1 hit KO players, that's like asking them to buff the HVR, lol.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Rolpack

Rolpack

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

Not always, it deals the highest amount of damage of any other bullet based weapon in APB. The balance for that is the slow fire rate and bolt timer.  Getting hit with a full blast from the thing will make you an easy kill for other players.

I genuinely have no clue on how they would buff something that can almost 1 hit KO players, that's like asking them to buff the HVR, lol.

Thats the thing though, no one likes to play the support role, and strife is exactly that just like the HVR is supposed to be.

Its also why you see people qsing with hvr, cause they want the kill for the role (or just want the kill for themselves), not to assist someone else.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15033 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Maybe give it a little bit more range, as its very limited right now, or increase the fire rate a little bit.

It's way too slow to beat most weapons.

N9pGkYM.png

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6969 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
I don't mind the run speed as much as the default equip time on the Oblivion. Really awful imo

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2135 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Wouldn't mind a buff to maybe the smg its seems to be Very accurate if used properly maybe make that its strong point (so basically a Jersey devil smg)

Sniper is pretty shwifty 4 shot to kill can take out a hvr user if they miss the first shot Cj3 makes it that much more of a power house sniper Love its range power

Ive taken out DMRS with this and even the occasionally ISSR B (still unsure why people still use the wisp). The sniper a is a pre nerfed Wisp from joker store so i enjoy that out of all the rev guns, Magnum is nice looking but its accuracy still feels RNG A.R is not touched ever smg suffers the same fate Shotgun i use for cars mostly.

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4519 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Wouldn't mind a buff to maybe the smg its seems to be Very accurate if used properly maybe make that its strong point (so basically a Jersey devil smg)

Sniper is pretty shwifty 4 shot to kill can take out a hvr user if they miss the first shot Cj3 makes it that much more of a power house sniper Love its range power

Ive taken out DMRS with this and even the occasionally ISSR B (still unsure why people still use the wisp). The sniper a is a pre nerfed Wisp from joker store so i enjoy that out of all the rev guns, Magnum is nice looking but its accuracy still feels RNG A.R is not touched ever smg suffers the same fate Shotgun i use for cars mostly.

Oblivion is like mix of obeya/wisp , wisp i hardly see used myself , have seen more people using Dogear tho latey(which is basically the same)

Majikal PC Tweaks
Before ya judge think

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2135 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Oblivion is like mix of obeya/wisp , wisp i hardly see used myself , have seen more people using Dogear tho latey(which is basically the same)

I miss the old Dog Ear it used to be my main sniper then they did that stupid 2 shots then you cant aim luckly the new sniper reminds me of the pre nerf dog ear and wisp so i use that now (If it didn't have slow movement modifier and slow equip time the rev sniper would be a perfect replacement )

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

For me:

Strife shotgun - Perfect the way it is, its high damage in cqc is balanced by time to kill, COVER is best utilized with this weapon, and is a great team weapon. I can 2/3 shot people within 10-15m with it.

Harbinger Pistol - Terrible, no real niche imo, it fails compared to act and any other pistol in game. Less bloom would be great, maybe more range so it fit between an act and rsa.

H9  Curse - Niche and takes a lot of practice to use. Could do with a buff, don't know where though, perhaps less bloom gain?

Misery Rifle -  No clue how to use it other than bursts, but i do really bad with it, it can't really compete against other rifles well imo. Needs a buff (Faster bloom recover?)

Oblivion - I find this to be a great sniper and can do well with it, however give any other sniper cover and it does bad. HVR for example, it will lose out to every time.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

botter

botter

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

For me:

Strife shotgun - Perfect the way it is, its high damage in cqc is balanced by time to kill, COVER is best utilized with this weapon, and is a great team weapon. I can 2/3 shot people within 10-15m with it.

Harbinger Pistol - Terrible, no real niche imo, it fails compared to act and any other pistol in game. Less bloom would be great, maybe more range so it fit between an act and rsa.

H9  Curse - Niche and takes a lot of practice to use. Could do with a buff, don't know where though, perhaps less bloom gain?

Misery Rifle -  No clue how to use it other than bursts, but i do really bad with it, it can't really compete against other rifles well imo. Needs a buff (Faster bloom recover?)

Oblivion - I find this to be a great sniper and can do well with it, however give any other sniper cover and it does bad. HVR for example, it will lose out to every time.

Bud strife doesnt have a point its spread at 10 meter will get you mommy hits , csg wil ltake you down and even faster , corner popping meh , csg is better at it in my opinion since  you can do it faster , have bigger range ,  i noticed that spread on strife its just too big to get this HIGH DAMAGE  profit from the weapon, i mean does it matter to have 900 or so damage hit or 800 with csg in clsoe range? which can shoot faster? ,,, to me strife doesnt really ahve a point in the game compared to other sontguns , and i agree on otehr poitns misery needs faster recovery and to bloom like that on 3 shots its just insane, i shoud be able to get a kill before a bloom gets this terrible , i mean reward a person for hitting every first shots not  gosh darn him over g1. , oblivion needs faster rate of fire , to compete with obeya since obeya will out ttk it any day, h9 is not even competitive to other smgs at all , needs less blooming and faster ttk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users