274 replies to this topic

Rastel

Rastel

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Joined 29-May 11

OCA seems to fire faster (as if it had CJ2), I don't notice any change in base accuracy.

ATAC seems to be how it was before it got buffed, but people's perception of it will not be changing anytime soon because,

most of the time, people get killed within the ATAC's original min-ttk range anyway, and will continue to after this nerf.

I actually think you made a very good point about the ATAC ttk range. I belive it was max 40 m before dmg drop off yes? Pesonally I have problems getting 0.7 sec ttk on all targets above 20-25 ish meters (not entirely sure about excact meters ofc...). It can ofc kill out to 50m like any other assault rifle, but it also has the worst accuracy of all assault rifles if i am not mistaken, so ttk increases ALOT. And now they made it a tad bit worse even? Oki..maybe ppl will think its balanced now:)

Iodyne

Iodyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14
Did they forget to edit the n-fa 9 "Barrakuda"?

They buffed the stock n-fa 9 and the "quickdraw", but the "Barrakuda" still has the same stats.

The Barrakuda had extended mag 1 in it already...which is maybe why they forgot about it?

They didn't change the stats for it lIke the other 2....

Which makes the Barrakuda completely useless compared to the Quickdraw.

Edited by Iodyne, 19 May 2016 - 03:03 AM.

Todesklinge

Todesklinge

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 16-July 12
Nerf the Oscar and Obir and its childs.

-> Kevlar Rescue Foundation <-

Read this:

http://forums.gamers...r-3-bug-report/

thelinux

thelinux

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1329 posts
  • Joined 25-December 13

Nerf the Oscar and Obir and its childs.

and concurssion grenade, it is to much op

Edited by thelinux, 19 May 2016 - 04:02 AM.

Avair | thelinux | thellinux | imthelinux - Citadel EU

YouTube <> Steam <> Twitch

xf4tg4.png

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Buff Kevlar too!!

why doesn't anyone ever put my quotes on their signatures..jeez

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15077 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

ehmagherd concurssion!!

N9pGkYM.png

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8670 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

nerf the cheaters.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15
Could we get an ACES buff? Like, remove the fake red mods so we can put IR or CJ on it?

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

psypsy

psypsy

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Joined 22-June 15

Buff Kevlar too!!

About time they released Kev 4

Edited by psypsy, 19 May 2016 - 05:51 AM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Could we get an ACES buff? Like, remove the fake red mods so we can put IR or CJ on it?

No no no no.

I don't think you get why the red mods are on the ACES SMG and Rifle, they're there because HB breaks them. If I remember correctly, even HB1 removes all bloom from the ACES Rifle, though I'm not sure what level would be necessary for the ACES SMG.

So unfortunately, we cannot remove the red mods from the ACES series.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

Did they forget to edit the n-fa 9 "Barrakuda"?

They buffed the stock n-fa 9 and the "quickdraw", but the "Barrakuda" still has the same stats.

The Barrakuda had extended mag 1 in it already...which is maybe why they forgot about it?

They didn't change the stats for it lIke the other 2....

Which makes the Barrakuda completely useless compared to the Quickdraw.

What? Barrakuda gives me 30 rounds in the mag. 

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

Iodyne

Iodyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14
Weird, because I checked it like 4 times and it only has 28...
However, the Quickdraw and basic both increased to 28 as well.

Shouldn't the extended mag mod have made it remain more than the other 2?

You're right that it should now be 30....hm. must be glitched on my end.

Edited by Iodyne, 19 May 2016 - 11:57 AM.

spenco44

spenco44

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1461 posts
  • Joined 27-December 14

pretty hyped for kevlar 28 in the next patch

increase player health by +280% but decreases run speed by -270% and decreases sprint speed by -20%

CUTVsib.png7eEWFxS.png3rjRhBG.pngCZJij79.pngBPVuVk2.pngdK2thod.pngDwWvPiQ.pngeAjBa9t.pnglEj3oJG.png75ez1Gw.pnggMp5ZmI.pngO339uke.png8YIbXNw.pngAr1FUUY.png

APB is designed to be kind of like rock, paper, scissors with its niches, but the HVR is when that annoying kid no one likes just shakes his hand around and goes "BOOOOMM!!!!! ATOMIC BOMB I WIN!!!!!"

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8410 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

I was talking about the people saying the Atac had the same accuracy as before at full bloom. The OCA is slightly more accurate and fires slightly faster. It should actually bloom faster than before with CJ unless they changed its bloom as well though. CJ doesn't directly effect the bloom of weapons other than the max, but because there is less time for the bloom to recover between shots it makes them bloom faster. You actually would get the same thing happening if you just raised the fire rate without adding CJ like they did in this buff though.

ooh okay, I noticed the atac to be slightly less accurate without firing when i picked it up so base accuracy, but its full bloom seems the same imo as before. I'll need to test some more sometime but thats what i've found so far.

OCA does bloom faster, but depends on how much they increased ROF, as its old base ROF had 0 bloom increase, this one is only "slight" imo, and with cj and it would become much more. However the new accuracy helps "counteract" that, as its more accurate, it can bloom a little more before going back to prebuff oca's bloom size for a few shots. Buut you're right so ill just leave it at that eh.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

Weird, because I checked it like 4 times and it only has 28...
However, the Quickdraw and basic both increased to 28 as well.

Shouldn't the extended mag mod have made it remain more than the other 2?

You're right that it should now be 30....hm. must be glitched on my end.

d28d5bfc94.jpg

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15077 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

So, whats actually the fastest sidearm now, UL-3 Jersey Devil or the N-FA?

N9pGkYM.png

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

So, whats actually the fastest sidearm now, UL-3 Jersey Devil or the N-FA?

I'd say UL-3 JD is more reliable, and better gun. You can actually burst/tapfire people out to 20m with the JD. 

NFA-9 is still a melee weapon imo. 

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15077 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I'd say UL-3 JD is more reliable, and better gun. You can actually burst/tapfire people out to 20m with the JD. 

NFA-9 is still a melee weapon imo. 

I know, it's my main secondary.

Just asking, in case the NFA9 kicks more asses in hugging range.

N9pGkYM.png

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

What's so op about oca i dont get it what's soo different? (yes i read the patch notes)

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4096 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

I know, it's my main secondary.

Just asking, in case the NFA9 kicks more asses in hugging range.

NFA9 has always been the quickest killing SMG at hugging range. IIRC the ttk is like 0.63 seconds so its faster than most primaries too. I'm too lazy to check apbdb though. That would mean without mods only the shaw and medusa/euryale kill faster and the C2, aces smg, and nfas tie it.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

No no no no.

I don't think you get why the red mods are on the ACES SMG and Rifle, they're there because HB breaks them. If I remember correctly, even HB1 removes all bloom from the ACES Rifle, though I'm not sure what level would be necessary for the ACES SMG.

So unfortunately, we cannot remove the red mods from the ACES series.

But it adds another shot to kill. Needing to land all 14 is a gamble enough. I just don't feel like the rifle functions as a rifle, but more like a retarded smg that wants to be a rifle but can't. If they would just up the max range to 50M like other assault rifles I'd be fine with it.

HB1 - Pershot Modifier: 0.38 (0.34) - Shots to Kill - 14 (15)

HB2 - Pershot Modifier: 0.38 (0.30) - Shots to Kill - 14 (15)

HB3 - Pershot Modifier: 0.38 (0.27) - Shots to Kill - 14 (16)

The whisper has 50M max range but the ACES only has 40. Now the whisper has even lower ttk up close. If I was going to sacrifice ttk, I'd grap the ATAC because it doesn't require more shots to hit, has 50M range, and can hit effectively at that range.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Immersion

Immersion

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4037 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

But it adds another shot to kill. Needing to land all 14 is a gamble enough. I just don't feel like the rifle functions as a rifle, but more like a retarded smg that wants to be a rifle but can't. If they would just up the max range to 50M like other assault rifles I'd be fine with it.

HB1 - Pershot Modifier: 0.38 (0.34) - Shots to Kill - 14 (15)

HB2 - Pershot Modifier: 0.38 (0.30) - Shots to Kill - 14 (15)

HB3 - Pershot Modifier: 0.38 (0.27) - Shots to Kill - 14 (16)

The whisper has 50M max range but the ACES only has 40. Now the whisper has even lower ttk up close. If I was going to sacrifice ttk, I'd grap the ATAC because it doesn't require more shots to hit, has 50M range, and can hit effectively at that range.

wasnt the aces rifle affected by the 50m range change from the last balancing?

as an aside, i feel the aces smg is the one thats unnecessary

Edited by Immersion, 19 May 2016 - 09:06 PM.

recapitulation_by_vhm_alex%20edit1_zps1r

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15077 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

NFA9 has always been the quickest killing SMG at hugging range. IIRC the ttk is like 0.63 seconds so its faster than most primaries too. I'm too lazy to check apbdb though. That would mean without mods only the shaw and medusa/euryale kill faster and the C2, aces smg, and nfas tie it.

Whats the TTK on the UL-3 JD? It feels faster than the NFA but that could be me.

N9pGkYM.png

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4096 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

Whats the TTK on the UL-3 JD? It feels faster than the NFA but that could be me.

I thought it was 0.7X I'm not sure what the last digit was though.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Tested the RFP-9 and SAS-PDW.

RFP-9 : This weapon can now be used as a primary weapon. Feels like it was back in beta. CQC primary weapons still out ttk it and it doesn't have enough range to out shoot assault rifles, plus the downside of the delayed sprint keep it balanced. Not as reliable as the FBW since it's burst shot, but definitely more rewarding if you have a steady hand to control recoil.

SAS-PDW : Not a big enough improvement, still feels weak. High TTK, low accuracy, and limited damage range make this weapon a downgrade to other close range secondaries. It needs to be about 10% more accurate to be viable.

JAQL JEKL

JAQL JEKL

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 04-April 16

Chopped down .44 lever action rifle with a 3 STK but very low ROF, and 50-60m drop off would be awesome a new marksman's secondary.

ee2929fe970a6cfe505a06cdaf8674e7.jpg

Gosh.... that reminds me of a gun in the game.... it's a secondary as well....

Very low ROF.... 3 shots to kill.... But it... revolves.

Right, the RSA.

You just described the RSA.

goaplz.png

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4412 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Gosh.... that reminds me of a gun in the game.... it's a secondary as well....

Very low ROF.... 3 shots to kill.... But it... revolves.

Right, the RSA.

You just described the RSA.

No no... Lever Action... That's the Revelations Pistol.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

Contacts <Jericho>

Contacts <Jericho>

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 01-May 16

After testing in game the ATAC wasn't nerfed at all. It's still not balanced and in fact seems to be more accurate then it was before. I can actually even get kills at about 5 to 6 meters further then I was able to before. Frankly, it seems better to me then it was before this patch. The gun still needs adjusted. I'd recommend more bloom and/or recoil that's closer in line with what you expect from say... an NTec. No marksman style gun should be full auto spray all day with zero recoil to boot.

The OCA seems to be more formidable and actually seems to be up to par with the PMG now. I like the changes to it however the CAP 40 has yet to be adjusted. Since the CAP 40 is a modified OCA it should have had it's base stats adjusted to be on par with the OCA. Now the CAP 40 is subpar to the OCA and will always lose in a straight fire fight against one. Not fairly logical since it's a legendary. Legendaries are really supposed to be regular guns with some special feature to them. The only thing special about the CAP 40 is that it now loses to every OCA. (In fact, the CAP 40 is officially at the bottom of the food chain.)

Edited by Contacts <Jericho>, 22 May 2016 - 12:32 AM.

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4458 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

I still don't understand the hate on the ATAC after all this time. If people are so good at the game, surely they wouldn't complain that they are the problem, they're just gonna blame the gun.

I'm just glad I can use it again without getting spammed whispers as often.

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8410 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

I still don't understand the hate on the ATAC after all this time. If people are so good at the game, surely they wouldn't complain that they are the problem, they're just gonna blame the gun.

I'm just glad I can use it again without getting spammed whispers as often.

Most players I know are bad to begin with, they use the atac and do a "little" better. Plus most assault rifles take far more skill and technique than the atac which is spray.

Also, atac could compete really well against oca's and pmgs and shotguns, even outdoing them in most situations, due to superior accuracy, and same time to kill (almost).

Edited by Noob_Guardian, 22 May 2016 - 05:25 PM.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3248 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

9c6c447b2ce3296c117a6b9dd3a12e45.gif

Nah ATAC was totally nerfed, no one's crutching it anymore. Haven't seen a single one since the patch.

Ysaline

Ysaline

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1863 posts
  • Joined 08-March 14

9c6c447b2ce3296c117a6b9dd3a12e45.gif

Nah ATAC was totally nerfed, no one's crutching it anymore. Haven't seen a single one since the patch.

lol that t-bag tho, i mean .... if i FBW someone vs whisper, sure  i would do that, but using atac is completely inappropriate.

xuo_RFl_W22245555.png 

"You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break." 

spenco44

spenco44

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1461 posts
  • Joined 27-December 14

"they reduced the accuracy by one points so it's balanced now"

SnuKwCf.jpg

CUTVsib.png7eEWFxS.png3rjRhBG.pngCZJij79.pngBPVuVk2.pngdK2thod.pngDwWvPiQ.pngeAjBa9t.pnglEj3oJG.png75ez1Gw.pnggMp5ZmI.pngO339uke.png8YIbXNw.pngAr1FUUY.png

APB is designed to be kind of like rock, paper, scissors with its niches, but the HVR is when that annoying kid no one likes just shakes his hand around and goes "BOOOOMM!!!!! ATOMIC BOMB I WIN!!!!!"

Shozonu

Shozonu

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 16-July 11

ATAC seems to be how it was before it got buffed, but people's perception of it will not be changing anytime soon because,

most of the time, people get killed within the ATAC's original min-ttk range anyway, and will continue to after this nerf.

Using ATAC with no sight mods (ATAC 'Bodyguard')

ATAC Marksman Accuracy (No Bloom)

iLjdrXL.gif

ATAC Marksman Accuracy (Full Bloom)

IkENeDJ.gif

So yeah, it's pretty much what it was before the buff, although I would have rather not had them touch it at all if they were just going to do this with it.

NOTE: "Before Nerf" as in its original accuracy ever since it was released.

Also, this thread http://forums.gamers...4-weapons-suck/

Edited by Shozonu, 23 May 2016 - 10:13 AM.

Colby: Shozonu |<->| Lunartic
Vegas Audio Kit when

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Using ATAC with no sight mods (ATAC 'Bodyguard')

ATAC Marksman Accuracy (No Bloom)

iLjdrXL.gif

ATAC Marksman Accuracy (Full Bloom)

IkENeDJ.gif

So yeah, it's pretty much what it was before the buff, although I would have rather not had them touch it at all if they were just going to do this with it.

NOTE: "Before Nerf" as in its original accuracy ever since it was released.

Also, this thread http://forums.gamers...4-weapons-suck/

Thank you! This is what I've been saying ALL ALONG, but nobody wanted to listen to me.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users