xAlex

xAlex

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 03-January 16

How did you all start out.

How did you get your tutorials finished and move on?How did you get them all done solo or team play?

When did you get into a clan/faction ?What is the best lvl or time to get into one?

How is it being in a clan are they helpfull do they help you on tutorials?

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Most of the forum members started out when tutorials didn't exist.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15146 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Most of the forum members started out when tutorials didn't exist.

There was a tutorial district where you had to do unopposed missions, mostly 2 or 3 stages long.

Then there was no tutorial for a long time, and then we've got this new tutorial.

N9pGkYM.png

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

How did you get your tutorials finished and move on?How did you get them all done solo or team play?

Was not really a tutorial when I started out compared to what it is now , i mostly played solo or with randoms got along with during gameplay

When did you get into a clan/faction ?What is the best lvl or time to get into one?

Never got into a clan till a year or so ago but that clan died off , and ended up in a new one , best time is anytime as long as it is a good one , is a bit that make you feel like family wherever they help you out teach things ect. then there is clans that are more competitive 

Clan's I was part of as a team we helped eachother out in game and out of game with personal issues and such , as well giving mods , in game tips and help

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Atomglow

Atomglow

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 26-June 12
When I started, which was at the very start of open beta, things got handled very different.

When you started a new character you got asked if you'd like to play the tutorial and got thrown into a tutorial district to play 1-2 Missions (unopposed) and after that you got thrown into a district.

Back then there was district threat segregation, everyone just got thrown into one pool. Sounds harsh but I actually had the most fun back then, even if I got my butt kicked really hard. That being said I played with friends, who also were new. Goal was being a gold player, because you actually had to play well to achieve and keep that status.

Threat system had bronze to gold with 10 tiers each. When I started playing I was at around bronze 8 to silver 5. I always fluctuated because it was going after your win/loss ratio. Back then you really had to look out if you got gold opposition.

Short version: There was basically no tutorial except the two tutorial missions.
Posted Image

K3i

K3i

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 23-August 14

I started in 2014 spring, I finished the tutorial on my own took me some time but I did it lol. I got into my first clan around rank 50-100 tho I don't think ranks do really matter just prove you can be useful to the clan (help others mission w/ them etc.) If you're a new player i highly suggest looking for a clan btw

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Driving all district.

By other players, oppo and team.

When i did my first symbol. Rank 100 about

They can help a lot in choose a strategy, and also to recognize the situation level (simple, hard, impossible) for dont rage.

damn2112

damn2112

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13
I started playing this game for the first time in 2012, I did not know how to change clothes, or customize cars, until someone told me how XD. But yeah I sucked a lot back then, and got a bit more better the more I played this game, I pulled all nighters, which caused me to get these black bags under my eyes,oh and I messed up my sleeping patterns, just to get my enforcer to rating 255. It was worth it though. (I was a silver for some years now until I hit gold, I lost it when I could not keep it)

Edited by damn2112, 20 May 2016 - 04:45 PM.

76561198070312971.png

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8421 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Started back in 2011, didn't know anything, just learned by doing mostly. Did tutorial district, then swapped over to main one in district select. Then proceeded to get stomped, we didnt have gold 1-10 only normal threats back in the open beta when I started, but it was based off of w/l ratio. I started off bronze/green threat, got up to silver and pretty much stayed there. Didn't know what threat was at all either so it confused me.

As for how I started, made a friend, played with him, made some more, played together, formed a clan, made more friends, and just kept playing despite going 7 missions in a row against "jokers best" most of which are now banned (funnily enough). Been active since then, other than a few mandatory breaks.

Mained mostly lmg's (alig and shaw) and less than lethal back then, which really helped me get better skill wise, until I mained OPGL for months straight.

Edited by Noob_Guardian, 20 May 2016 - 05:24 PM.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

like the scrub i am today, just much much worse at the game

tutorials were introduced well after i'd essentially learned the entire game. my first time playing, i had to beckon for someone in social to teach me how the game works. my game ended up crashing while they were helping me and I REALLY wish I knew who it was so i could thank them. I wouldn't have gotten into it if it weren't for them.

APB clans are legitimate cancer. It's just a bunch of circle-jerking around specific weapons by people who think they know everything. Learn the game for yourself and form your own opinions on everything. Then join a clan. I'm in a clan, but we didn't start off in APB, I introduced them to APB, and I honestly think that's the best way to clan in this game- don't clan with just "APB Players", clan up with friends. 

Clanmates usually help out each other. That's the whole idea. 

Welcome to the game, noob, hope you have fun

Edited by notMateo, 21 May 2016 - 06:00 AM.

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Sgt Drayke

Sgt Drayke

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Hello. Great Topic..

How did you all start out?

As a small meaningless enforcer. was my first character for along time.. wasnt for a good 4 5 months untill i started my criminal.. (think that has to say something about my mind state... enforcer first.. lol

When i started there was no such thing as a Tutorial.. back in the early alpha beta days.. wow.. lucky to have a full key map.  And i dont actualy think i have Either of my characteres Tutorials Finished even to date. :Ha Ha Ha: :chairwack:

I didnt actual get into a clan or fraction.. for along time me and a mate were solo rambos.. wasnt until about 8 months in and we decided to go all out and get our premium ( back then £14 gold nuggets for 90 days of prem... :tears: ) i decided to start my own clan . Drayke Gaming Enforcers and also Drayke Gaming Crims

Ahh... hard to say.. once you get to silver / gold you find everyone joining have either finished or cant be bothered with the tutorial. that or they have fallen through 3 or 4 clans and are looking for a clan that actualy work togeather in missions .. so no need to look at tutorials..

Added note though.. you find alot of people joining the game skip the tutorial.. but then in a server asking how to do things ,., what to press.. and people say "do the tutorial" and they get on the defensive..   ..

Should the Tutorial be pushed on people? ahhh difficult.  i think if it is a new account with out any previous characters. yes. it should be locked until youv passed phase 2.   this way the player will gain all the accessories and extras prior to hating because they are out gunned.

Should The player in Tutorial be locked into a Tutorial Server? Again yes if the account hasnt got prior characters.

added thought to the last part. By locking in new accounts it will also deter people from quickly making new accounts to hack or launder with.

ok well ..

Thanks for a great Topic.. :viking:

Drayke  :rambo:  :uzi: 

apb%20forum%20banner500x_zpsnaf7eqru.png
|- Twitter -|- Facebook -|- Google+ -|- YouTube -|- Twitch -|

MiyaCop

MiyaCop

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11

Well I took it in the bottom now I'm queer. 

everybodylovemiya4.png

^ Click that for my STREAM! <3

ClickMEFORMYFACEBOOK

MSAA

MSAA

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 01-July 14

when I started playing that tutorial thingy wasn't there yet and I remember when I spawned at the train station I kept shooting everyone I lay my eyes on

IViosI

IViosI

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined 21-April 13

do they help you on tutorials?

Hodor...?

Berenike

Berenike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 01-September 15

i remember witnessing a silver and finishing most of the tutorial from that one mission

The ALIG-ATOR is coming to eat you! Om nom nom nom!

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15146 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Hodor...?

Didn't you die? I dont watch GoT but I heard you died. Stop posting! :D

N9pGkYM.png

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Didn't you die? I dont watch GoT but I heard you died. Stop posting! :D

I heard the same TBH. Sad...

Edited by Szambi, 23 May 2016 - 07:25 AM.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Magnets

Magnets

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 26-April 11

I started back in the good ole days of RTW APB and still have my character from it back when Guns you bought were permanent and you could buy game time with in game money anyways Being in a clan(gonna talk about back in the days) was pretty fun back then because you had to be committed to it bc it reflected on the kind of person you are and could even spread throughout the community that you're a helpful kind of person or a team player etc, Joining a clan is good right off the bat as if you need help they should help you.  i found Crim to be my faction just bc it was fun getting money and farming to get it to buy the game time you needed but now it doesnt really matter anymore of what you play i mostly find myself wanting to make an Enforcer as every criminal now either 1. Has no idea how to play, 2. Is an edgy 14 year old, and 3. they will blame their teammates who did better than them on things they did wrong.

Fenton

Fenton

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

Many... many... many years ago. *creak*

I've rolled new characters and stormed through the first few levels of the tutorial. They help, but it's not as useful as having a veteran in TeamSpeak (other VOIP programs are available) talking you through things.

Kairii

Kairii

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 14-November 16

I disabled my tutorial as I will never reach notority 5 since I get slaugthered =C

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

I first tried it for a day or two in the middle of hs, but it took ages to get past the login/character creation. Abandoned it.

During the first year of university, I was testing out random games on my brand spanking new laptop which I believed could run almost anything. I tried APB again. 15-30 fps in Financial, but I got inspired by a bunch of videos and decided that this would be the one shooter that I wouldn't be utter trash in. I started out silver (lol).

First 500ish hours were all solo, but I joined a clan and met people with more experience. That gave me something to work towards, and when the clan died I joined "Forbearance" (Crim), and through my friend, "Ballistic" (Enforcer). It's definitely a more enjoyable experience playing with people you've gotten to know.

Tutorials I didn't bother with until around 500 hrs. 

@xMel - there's a steep learning curve to this game, so don't be discouraged after being mommy on by everyone :>

Things just "click" after a while.

Jericho - Nokoe (Criminal) // Nevv (Enforcer)

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Owimi

Owimi

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

Started playing in mid 2013, early 2014. Started playing with my friend. Don't remember much from the first few times we played, I don't know what the tutorial was like or if there even was one. We made new characters and deleted the old, can't even remember what their names were. I got better and my friend stopped playing. Now I have like 2300h.

My friend died only about a month ago. Falling accident I heard. We had kinda drifted apart but now I don't really have anyone to share my first good times in apb with.

Edited by Owimi, 08 December 2016 - 02:31 AM.

Hatsumiku

Hatsumiku

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5674 posts
  • Joined 10-February 11

CBT key giveaway was liek an identifying a gun trivia... apparently, i cant name one before... :V

Posted Image
APB Official Contests: "Won by a 1st grader, Judged by a 1st Grader (old team)"
http://www.twitch.tv/moemoekyunh
IGN: Hatsumiku (Joker) HATSUMIKUxEU (Obeya)

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4416 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

I didn't know there was a tutorial, like many new Bronze players before me. I was dicking around, then saw it. So I started going through the sets. Get to the Ready Up part, get thrown into a mission. Just shooting anything that didn't seem like a NPC. Even grey names. Thought this game was bogus. But I kept at it. Enjoyed the different type of shooter this game was.

I started as a Crim, and I started my Clan around R50. I never join any clans in games, generally start my own. Soon learned that a Clan was basically an extended friends list. But I made my Clans a Brand. Both my Enfo and Crim clan color schemes and looks are the same, just mostly juxtaposed. One is a Squad, the other is a Patrol.

They do not help at all. The tutorial is easily done, till you start getting into the more advanced play stuff, like the 5 medals, and P5/N5. That is only where a Clan can help you. 

Welcome to APB. Hopefully you are on Colby, and not that cesspool called Citadel.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Welcome to APB. Hopefully you are on Colby, and not that cesspool called Citadel.

My name translated to english almost means cesspool.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

My name translated to english almost means cesspool.

Why, . why would you share that with the world?

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Why, . why would you share that with the world?

hi im cesspool

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

AyyRawn

AyyRawn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1141 posts
  • Joined 06-February 11

hi im cesspool

hey

Playluxe

Playluxe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 15-December 12

Best thing about the new tutorial is, you're receiving a medal for every breath you make.

"Run 50m." - Medal.

"Jump." - Medal.

"Use WASD." - Medal.

qngcnpem.png

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

my first times playing I had that age-old PB Kick issue, so I couldn't play for like anything past 15 minutes without it shutting down. so like when it crashed during the (original) tutorial, i was pretty much up sh*t creek without a paddle because i didn't know how to get into it. so I cried my way to social yelled "SOMEONE HALP MY TUTORIAL GONE. CAN TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY GAME?"

and omg someone did- i learned the basics from them and went on from there. I wish i remembered their name I would totally gift them something for their generosity. If nobody had stepped forward that day, I would've never gotten this much into this game.

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Sepp

Sepp

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 04-September 15

Back then there was district threat segregation, everyone just got thrown into one pool. Sounds harsh but I actually had the most fun back then, even if I got my butt kicked really hard. That being said I played with friends, who also were new. Goal was being a gold player, because you actually had to play well to achieve and keep that status.

Threat system had bronze to gold with 10 tiers each. When I started playing I was at around bronze 8 to silver 5. I always fluctuated because it was going after your win/loss ratio. Back then you really had to look out if you got gold opposition.

This was easily the best time to play APB. G1 got way too hand holding after this but I guess some new players need the Green/Bronze/Whatever district because they simply can't get good for whatever reason that may be, not meaning this as an insult to anyone.

Voyager

Voyager

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

2010 i shot things and became gold

cI0LkUQ.jpg

different / tnereffid

Deathbat

Deathbat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 29-October 12

I started playing back in 2011/2012 after spending a couple of years playing a game called CrimeCraft Gangwars. It was dying and the server had only about 20 people playing at the time. So I got fed up waiting and decided to explore new games. APB was one of the first games I downloaded and so I tried it. I didnt like it at first because I didnt know how to play and when I queued up, I'd get blasted by grenade launchers. I quit after about an hour of playing and went back to CrimeCraft but got bored again. So I decided to begin playing APB again. I recreated my character and did the tutorial. Now its the only game I play. I even decided to throw money at it, which I promised myself I would never do. 

Criminals- Deathbat: R243       Michaela: R187      Enforcers- Valvrave: R202     Reimi: R200

Jericho 262b71x.png 33mbcwl.jpg<<<<<Click the icons.

Nightkid//

Nightkid//

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 29-November 14

Started playing i think in 2014. I just got my new pc at the time so I tried variety of games I always wanted to play, APB was one of them. Was fun for a while but then got bored of playing alone and stopped :( . PS waiting for my new GPU to arrive and gonna play it again ! :)

SYSTEM: i3 3220/ 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz/ GTX 1060 3GB/ 500GB HDD/ Thermaltake V3/ ASUS P8B75M-LX

Porkupimp

Porkupimp

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15

Sometime 2014 or 2015 I tried it out. After making my enforcer, before I entered any combat or even fired a gun I learnt how to drive with 18 stable-ish frames and a consistent 200ms latency. Then my friends made criminals, my enforcer became a reserve and the rest was clueless wandering through the mechanics of the game until I hit permasilver.

Only started cusping gold in the last few months, using the advanced launcher to get a whopping 8-40fps still haven't bought anything from ARMAS (my wallet isn't quite as big as my house yet) and still using STARgun as maingun. This is one of the few games I still semi-regularly play.

Life is the sum of your perceptions. Perceptions are representations of, but are not correctly reality.

Life is not reality.

Your existence, however, is part of it.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3868 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Mid 2011 during OBT, I was an angry little gremlin of a teenager that was awful at the game, and my anger just made me worse.  Since then my attitude has pulled a complete 180 and I'm still awful at the game.  But hey, at least I'm happier.  The previously mentioned tutorial district is the only help I had getting into this game, plus some nice people who helped me out.  

Up until I joined my first actual clan, I would just make my own to use as a title related to whatever character's name I was using at the time.  Then I met someone named Keira.  He had the best radio voice.  He then invited me to Sex Kittens.  I accepted the invite before I saw what the name of the clan was, but I ended up staying because there's a lot of cool people in there.  Plus I already had a cat costume.  No I'm not a furry.  Shut up.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 18 January 2017 - 10:20 AM.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Mid 2011 during OBT, I was an angry little gremlin of a teenager that was awful at the game, and my anger just made me worse.  Since then my attitude has pulled a complete 180 and I'm still awful at the game.  But hey, at least I'm happier.  The previously mentioned tutorial district is the only help I had getting into this game, plus some nice people who helped me out.  

Up until I joined my first actual clan, I would just make my own to use as a title related to whatever character's name I was using at the time.  Then I met someone named Keira.  He had the best radio voice.  He then invited me to Sex Kittens.  I accepted the invite before I saw what the name of the clan was, but I ended up staying because there's a lot of cool people in there.  Plus I already had a cat costume.  No I'm not a furry.  Shut up.

Furry furry!

People IRL say that I have some kind of a radio voice/ivona text-to-speech voice or whatever. But then again I'm kinda shy of my english so I'm pretty much always muted on ts/discord.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3868 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Furry furry!

People IRL say that I have some kind of a radio voice/ivona text-to-speech voice or whatever. But then again I'm kinda shy of my english so I'm pretty much always muted on ts/discord.

Your avatar has led me to believe you sound like Rick Astley.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4041 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Your avatar has led me to believe you sound like Rick Astley.

Uhm... TBH I don't know what to change to then 'cuz I really don't know how I sound like... But I can assure you, my voice isn't like Rick Astley's :P

Some of my friends sometimes even say that I sound like google translate or something like that :D

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Moeka/Eostre

Moeka/Eostre

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 13-September 13

Been so long since I've started, I don't even remember what year I started... I'm sure it was an August (Steam says my first Achievement in the game was on September 9th, 2012) so, I guess... 2012...

Back then, you learned how to play, by either 

1) Other people told you how everything works...

2) You learned how things worked yourself...

There were somethings, like in the clothing designer the ability to wrap symbols around a body part on clothing..., I never found out until 2015...

I remember the days where every weapon you had, was either Armas permanent, or you had the 10 lease, there was no 'free permanent weapons'.

In fact, I don't even remember playing against hackers back then... No one really thought of them has a huge portion of the population.

The community was also not really salty...

I never really got into clans, only was in 1 clan that I enjoyed, and partook in the past 5.5 years...

was called.. either Ruby, or Rwby...

Too bad it died...

Anyways, I still don't really play in clans, really just by myself, so, mostly made friends who helped me play the game.

Look at me spouting memories, and then starting to tear up...

:frantic:

Lightnining R189 Criminal, Jericho | Moeka R255 Enforcer, Jericho 

Been playing APB since 2012 | Previously named: Sergsininia

N-TEC 5, NHVR 243, ACT .44, ACES SMG | NHVR 762, NHVR 243, Obeya FBW, ACES SMG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users