1087 replies to this topic

BetaAlanine

BetaAlanine

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08

Wow, that's a lot of objective evidence, I think you should contact Twitch about it, better yet, contact them about 'good streamers' in other shooters too. Cheating is against Twitch ToS too, you'd be doing God's work, bless up.

Ofc i was just talking about apb streamers and there are only 2 i know dogsh1t and tobisexual.

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3897 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

The thing with CS:GO is there are a huge number of cheaters in matchmaking and it breeds toxicity and hackusating there. Then you go on ESEA and no one EVER hackusates anyone. Okay maybe that is a tiny exaggeration as I'm sure it happens, but I've never seen it happen. The exact same people will simply admit they got outplayed on ESEA and then hackusate people in MM. Having cheaters definitely is what causes the paranoia and toxicity. Most pro players at least in NA completely refuse to play matchmaking due to the number of cheaters, most of the time I've seen them play MM they hackusate a good portion of the people they aren't stomping, and most of the time when they hackusate the people they are doing weird mommy. Hell I've seen shroud hackusate 2 people on the other team in an MM while actually stomping them, dropping a 40 bomb, and winning the game. Also most pros I've seen play MM get a spin botter in about 20% of their games. Things like that cause the hackusations not the other way around.

Also if anything spreads cheating it is actually cheating. I've had people on my team in CS:GO MM start rage cheating mid game because it was clear that someone on the other team was cheating.

Heh you should see Rainbow 6 Siege matchmaking, literally no other anti cheat other than Fairfight. Wallhacks a plenty with DDOSes thrown in, because on top of not having a proper anti cheat Ubisoft thinks it good to have my IP given to the other team. I've had my DDOS virginity popped on Rainbow 6, of all the gosh darning reasons to be ddosed... its to win a silly ranked game that doesn't even mean anything.

I think maybe 1 in 2 or 3 games on Siege is litterally against cheaters and well it's only gotten worse because people just toggle on now when they get outplayed and there's no penalty for it. Heck aimbotters still evade fairfight somehow there but you can wallhack your way to ESL (google 'clever rainbow 6 esl scandal' on how a streamer used his second monitor to reach the finals in the ESL championship, that's ontop of ESL's own anticheat)

The cheater paranoia and toxicity on Siege should be a case study on how not to manage a competitive game. Because Ubisoft on the PC front of things take the biscuit for being incompetent, say what you want about G1...they're not that bad.

It's a shame really, love Rainbow 6, it's like a more accessible/casual counter strike for me since it doesn't require hours and hours of dedicated practice. The net code is a problem too but the cheater problem there is just insane, its on another gosh darning level.

After spending a lot of time on siege, and seeing the bans here on APB and on CSGO/TF2. I honestly can see console gaming as a viable alternative. There needs to be a console styled locked down OS for PC gaming or something lol I don't know it's actually so sad.

Edited by Shini, 04 May 2016 - 08:33 AM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

Noxlol

Noxlol

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11

I honestly can see console gaming as a viable alternative. There needs to be a console styled locked down OS for PC gaming or something lol I don't know it's actually so sad.

Wait for APB on console, buy a XIM4 so you can use your M+KB. Voilà, cheat free APB!

UVRVE4G.png1

Sayvara

Sayvara

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5471 posts
  • Joined 28-June 11

Can you explain this? There have been some famous players that have been banned by fairfight. When they rerolled they were still playing with the same skill as before and got to max rank on both enforcer and criminal character. So first they got banned for cheating and now they are legit? Not logical if you ask me

TechMech explained it really well, two years ago:

Cheating “just a little bit”?

Even more fascinating, as we go through the list of cheaters, we realize that often they did NOT use a cheat to crank all their stats (well of course, some idiots did), and our only conclusion must be that some of them have been using cheats as a ‘crutch,’ probably because they thought the other people around them were beating the crap out of them (even if statistically they were likely NOT to be cheating).

[...]

And finally, we also found accounts where it appears the players have been playing legit in the account for a long time, and then for some reason or another decide “to just try a little cheating.”

This next one made me chuckle...

First of all, i have nothing against Dogfish.

When Dogfish bot unbanned he had on his twitch a link to pictures of your mail conversation. As far as i am aware account sharing is against the rules. Dogfish admited that he shares his account with his girlfriend and you still unbanned him.

No of course you have nothing against him. That you are [female canine]ing about that he let his girlfriend play a bit on his account a bit is not at all aimed at him, nor is it trying to find a sliver of reason to try to make RP out to be the bourgeoisie in some sort of Gamers' Class Conflct.... not at all. It is only about fair and equal treatment and if blatant cheaters and if RP are kicking out blatant cheaters and toxic waste-dumps, then — by Jove! — the guy that occasionally lets his girlfriend play on his account must go too!! The line has been drawn and WOE to whoever steps over it!!!

What next? Cruxify families that share a Netflix account between them while only paying for one person? No not really... that would be harsh and disproportionate... 

...except if it is DogFish's family, am I right?

I'm not looking for consensus baby, I'm just not in the mood.Christopher Hitchens, 2007

Rebelliousness

Rebelliousness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12

(Giant, long-winded drama-fest post) -snip- 

Take a deep breath... it doesn't matter. Dogfart doesn't matter.  No pixel persona on APB matters. This game is for fun, but it doesn't matter.

Relax, life is sweet.

ZcBD9KM.gif

Edited by Rebelliousness, 04 May 2016 - 09:53 AM.

"Ignoring the PC base for these garbage ports will have been the primary reason for the demise of this company tbh."-Schlonganola

TheNightingale

TheNightingale

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1085 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14

You have some good points but then you go on with the tin-foil hat theories of white-listed people...

I am not sure I believe in a 'white-list' per se. I do believe that certain individuals were under the protection of certain (former) admin however. It may not have been intentional corruption but that they lost objectivity and didn't believe that their buddies were cheating (any more than Kempington believed Dogfish was cheating when he was groping for excuses to protect him) . The end result of that close association was that action wasn't taken against cheaters when it should have been, and that is why admin can no longer play in 'public'.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

(yes I know it's not the classical quote - just think about it!)

BetaAlanine

BetaAlanine

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08
Like Revoemag said: I decide who cheats

Edited by BetaAlanine, 04 May 2016 - 10:03 AM.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3964 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Neither, you're szambi threat.

welcome.gif

You are szambi.

Thanks  :)

Edited by Szambi, 04 May 2016 - 10:59 AM.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

moneychixxx

moneychixxx

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 19-May 15

Please, fix Fair Fight

4:69:20 PM [<GM>HEXdous] Whisper: Do not care about the haters...you are the best money, keep it up!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Faction: Criminal | Server: Joker (NA East)

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3897 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

i think as long as Rela from Battlefield 4 has never been Fair Fight banned, it's safe to trust Fair Fight more than the hackusations of randoms on the APB forums

or hey maybe whoever you guys are talking about does cheat. I don't know, but it honestly doesnt affect me

Actually vsed that guy last night on overwatch, needless to say it was messy, jesus gosh darning christ. Good to see he has the LAN credentials to back up his skills.

Edited by Shini, 04 May 2016 - 11:59 AM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

camchamp

camchamp

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 29-April 16

FairFight is on point. gg 

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4094 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

Heh you should see Rainbow 6 Siege matchmaking, literally no other anti cheat other than Fairfight. Wallhacks a plenty with DDOSes thrown in, because on top of not having a proper anti cheat Ubisoft thinks it good to have my IP given to the other team. I've had my DDOS virginity popped on Rainbow 6, of all the gosh darning reasons to be ddosed... its to win a silly ranked game that doesn't even mean anything.

I think maybe 1 in 2 or 3 games on Siege is litterally against cheaters and well it's only gotten worse because people just toggle on now when they get outplayed and there's no penalty for it. Heck aimbotters still evade fairfight somehow there but you can wallhack your way to ESL (google 'clever rainbow 6 esl scandal' on how a streamer used his second monitor to reach the finals in the ESL championship, that's ontop of ESL's own anticheat)

The cheater paranoia and toxicity on Siege should be a case study on how not to manage a competitive game. Because Ubisoft on the PC front of things take the biscuit for being incompetent, say what you want about G1...they're not that bad.

It's a shame really, love Rainbow 6, it's like a more accessible/casual counter strike for me since it doesn't require hours and hours of dedicated practice. The net code is a problem too but the cheater problem there is just insane, its on another gosh darning level.

After spending a lot of time on siege, and seeing the bans here on APB and on CSGO/TF2. I honestly can see console gaming as a viable alternative. There needs to be a console styled locked down OS for PC gaming or something lol I don't know it's actually so sad.

Yeah, I played quite a bit of R6 siege when it first came out and I'm actually kind of friends though not very close with a few people in ESL pro league so I heard a bit about that. There didn't used to be all that many cheaters, but it does seem like the number of cheaters has increased. I don't play ranked at all anymore though because I normally don't have 5 people and I had too much trouble with people bailing. I actually 3 queued with 2 friends one of whom plays in pro league and got up to plat 3, but then we got put up against a 5 man pro league team and our 2 randoms left so I went back down to plat 2 and decided not to play comp if I didn't have 5 people. I haven't played much recently, but even in casual I've been getting blatant cheaters in around 20% of my games.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

Glubbable

Glubbable

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14

Actually vsed that guy last night on overwatch, needless to say it was messy, jesus gosh darning christ. Good to see he has the LAN credentials to back up his skills.

Hate to break it to you but these are my thoughts on that video.

He's extremely balant and fails horribly at hiding it aswell, nevermind that his mouse movements are always behind or ahead of his aim, if it's due to a desync from a cheap webcam then he shouldn't be using it in the first place since that's misleading when trying to prove if you're legit or not, plus in the parts with the webcam looking under his monitor you could see a phone with an active screen, you wouldn't have a phone being on all the time like that unless you had a pretty active application and it's a common tactic against a varient of FairFight that takes screenshots of your desktop, so they'd put the ESP radar onto a hidden monitor or 3rd party device like an android phone.

Oh and also in some incidents he had very little or zero awareness of his surroundings to the point where he just snapped like crazy during fights with enemies that completely got the jump on him. Also, as a theory to why he hasn't been FF'd on Battlefield is probably because it's set to look for the most balant of things like, screenshots of the players ESP/Aimbot Hud and other things like constant headshots, from the looks of it, this looks like smooth aim set to really high values with lock on and spray, while trying to use something on his phone cause as I said, cheat makers will always try to find ways around anti-cheats and if offloading the HUD onto a 3rd party device that something like FF can't detect, then they'll do it.

Also since the CSGO Workshop VACation incident, I wouldn't trust any form of credentials when you're able to hide the smallest of cheats in the most unexpected things. I mean seriously, do you honestly believe for a second that any human is capable of having such precise accuracy & speed? Of course not, we're human, not robots or gods.

But again thats my thoughts on the matter, cheating has poisoned gaming to the point where any desire of trying is ruined and the denial mentality is only making it worse.

Immersion

Immersion

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4037 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

He's extremely balant and fails horribly at hiding it aswell, nevermind that his mouse movements are always behind or ahead of his aim, if it's due to a desync from a cheap webcam then he shouldn't be using it in the first place since that's misleading when trying to prove if you're legit or not, plus in the parts with the webcam looking under his monitor you could see a phone with an active screen, you wouldn't have a phone being on all the time like that unless you had a pretty active application and it's a common tactic against a varient of FairFight that takes screenshots of your desktop, so they'd put the ESP radar onto a hidden monitor or 3rd party device like an android phone.

Oh and also in some incidents he had very little or zero awareness of his surroundings to the point where he just snapped like crazy during fights with enemies that completely got the jump on him. Also, as a theory to why he hasn't been FF'd on Battlefield is probably because it's set to look for the most balant of things like, screenshots of the players ESP/Aimbot Hud and other things like constant headshots, from the looks of it, this looks like smooth aim set to really high values with lock on and spray, while trying to use something on his phone cause as I said, cheat makers will always try to find ways around anti-cheats and if offloading the HUD onto a 3rd party device that something like FF can't detect, then they'll do it.

Also since the CSGO Workshop VACation incident, I wouldn't trust any form of credentials when you're able to hide the smallest of cheats in the most unexpected things. I mean seriously, do you honestly believe for a second that any human is capable of having such precise accuracy & speed? Of course not, we're human, not robots or gods.

But again thats my thoughts on the matter, cheating has poisoned gaming to the point where any desire of trying is ruined and the denial mentality is only making it worse.

the phone thing is a little ridiculous, if im on my pc or basically anywhere in my house my cell is always on and unlocked

also afaik ff is an entirely serverside system based on analyzing statistics and behavior - theres no reason to "hide" a cheat hud because ff doesnt look for that

then theres the part where he reproduced the same movements on nonplayer objects

recapitulation_by_vhm_alex%20edit1_zps1r

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4094 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

That guy doesn't really look like he is cheating to me. He may be able to play at a competitive level, but I highly doubt he is even very good in a competitive setting. The way he plays is perfect for pub stomping, but not good for competitive play. His sensitivity is way too high and his aim is not actually all that good. He just goes for quick flicks and spraying up close instead of real accuracy. If you pay attention the majority of the video is on operation locker which is the most closed in and close quarter map. His entire style looks mostly tailored to extreme close range taking out multiple enemies that are not very good. He rarely gets headshots and isn't really going for them and much of the time he is playing spots that are very good for getting lots of kills in a pub game, but don't really help your team all that much other than getting kills in overcrowded servers.

Someone earlier said he used 24cm/360, but someone else linked him saying 24% at 400DPI which seems more accurate from how much he is moving his mouse. That is like 4cm/360 which makes it extremely easy to switch targets extremely quickly, but almost impossible to have good accuracy past close range which is what you see in that video. His aim is flashy, but not that great.

Edit: There were a few very good shots in that video, but most of it is just him surprising people that have very poor reactions and him spraying for body shots close range which really isn't all that impressive.

Edited by Chrispe, 04 May 2016 - 07:38 PM.

War Games

Glubbable

Glubbable

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14

the phone thing is a little ridiculous, if im on my pc or basically anywhere in my house my cell is always on and unlocked

also afaik ff is an entirely serverside system based on analyzing statistics and behavior - theres no reason to "hide" a cheat hud because ff doesnt look for that

then theres the part where he reproduced the same movements on nonplayer objects

I'll think you find that it isn't ridiculous in the slightest.

https://youtu.be/Z1bVtKT_sfM?t=40s

And as I said, there are varients of fairfight, usually added by 3rd party devs that add additional tools like a feature that takes screenshots of your desktop.

And it's possible to make the cheat target other entities within the map, like destructible objects.

Edited by Glubbable, 04 May 2016 - 07:37 PM.

Rolpack

Rolpack

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

Why would anyone do that? So the battery dies way quicker? Sounds dumb to me lol.

My phone's screen is always off whenever im not using it.

Immersion

Immersion

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4037 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

Why would anyone do that? So the battery dies way quicker? Sounds dumb to me lol.

My phone's screen is always off whenever im not using it.

i have those cool wireless chargers in my kitchen, pc room, and bedroom

b/c they're awesome as hell

so yeah tbh i guess my situation is different

Immersion

Immersion

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4037 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

I'll think you find that it isn't ridiculous in the slightest.

https://youtu.be/Z1bVtKT_sfM?t=40s

And as I said, there are varients of fairfight, usually added by 3rd party devs that add additional tools like a feature that takes screenshots of your desktop.

And it's possible to make the cheat target other entities within the map, like destructible objects.

gameblock's own website states that ff is serverside and does not examine devices

on a side note, they have a matchmaking program

Glubbable

Glubbable

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14

gameblock's own website states that ff is serverside and does not examine devices

on a side note, they have a matchmaking program

As I said, usually added by 3rd party developers, which doesn't imply that they have to move fairfight into the client, they can easily add a function into the game engine that the server can call upon for the game client to execute.

BetaAlanine

BetaAlanine

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08
Maybe Revo is working for them and that guy is from mommyfenix?

Immersion

Immersion

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4037 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

As I said, usually added by 3rd party developers, which doesn't imply that they have to move fairfight into the client, they can easily add a function into the game engine that the server can call upon for the game client to execute.

ah my b, i thought you were talking about strictly ff

iirc punkbuster used to do something like that

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

im noticing a certain group of people decided to completely dip set after tiggs post :>

apb stuff

Enforcer - The Agrotech Company of Tanberia

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

X23-Silentmeat

X23-Silentmeat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1538 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11

im noticing a certain group of people decided to completely dip set after tiggs post :>

It wouldn't actually stop them from claiming that what she said isn't true and that people get banned for anything other than cheating, just to make it sound less incriminating for them and their friends who have been FF banned before. In reality though, we know that APB is full of pathological liars and people who are so snake like that it wouldn't be a surprise if all the Twitter broadcast bans were infact for some form of cheating. However it would make sense for people handling bans to use FF as a tool for ease of handling for banning, there's nothing wrong with that since I'm pretty sure it doesn't just flag for cheating but probably also behavioural things as well.

If they can adapt things to work with FF to make punishing people easier i'm sure they would do it if they haven't already, especially considering this recent ban wave.

76561198018021499.png

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

its just honestly hilarious to see people say "i knew them, they didn't cheat" 

oh please

tinfoil hat theory about the most likely reason for 'non cheat' bans seeming to appear on fairfight imo:

Spoiler

ignoring all theories, and even going by 'maybe tiggs is glossing over some specific cases', the only people i'm willing to say got fairfighted and weren't cheating are people who have openly rerolled in personal agreement with tiggs and haven't gotten banned. afaik all of these people also had tiggs specifically acknowledge their ban as a special case. if you want to prove to everyone you were legit the whole time, reroll and tell everyone in game and on the forums who you are / use the same name. I'm sure you'll be fine :^)

apb stuff

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6974 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

No point wasting your own time arguing over if false bans exist or not. Only way you'll have any actual knowledge is if or when you get false banned yourself.

if that does actually happen though, your personal testimony will be completely worthless since all closets are liars. oh well

Edited by PogoTheClown, 05 May 2016 - 05:53 AM.

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4094 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

No point wasting your own time arguing over if false bans exist or not. Only way you'll have any actual knowledge is if or when you get false banned yourself.

if that does actually happen though, your personal testimony will be completely worthless since all closets are liars. oh well

If one of my better friends was banned I would at least question it and two of my friends have been banned, but none showed up on FF.

War Games

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6974 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

Fair enough. I have a friend FF'd from the recent wave that I've known/met from another game. We actually had a 'competitive' clan in the other game, as short lived as it was. I've played against him all the time across both and never thought he cheated, but I don't think it's worth defending over.

No clue what goes on behind his screen, so I can't really have an opinion on it as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by PogoTheClown, 05 May 2016 - 06:20 AM.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

If one of my better friends was banned I would at least question it and two of my friends have been banned, but none showed up on FF.

Had 1 friend who managed to get banned twice for non cheat related things. First time was their own mistake account sharing, and support went over the issue in details with them, although didn't lift the ban. Second ban which happened very recently we really don't know why they were banned, and they keep getting Pucked when contacting support. They just get the generic "Inappropriate behavior" response but no details. Their forum account was instantly locked too, and they rarely even post on the forums as far as I know.

Getting to the point, their name was not posted on FairFight.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 05 May 2016 - 06:41 AM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6974 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

I know I've said it a couple times before, but the big issue isn't worrying about false bans. It's the awful brickwalling and automated messages from Support that customers pay to deal with it. 

There was a thread a good while back where it took someone literally a year to get unbanned, and somehow yet no one has mentioned it. 

Edited by PogoTheClown, 05 May 2016 - 07:59 AM.

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4094 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

I know I've said it a couple times before, but a big issue isn't worrying about false bans. It's the awful brickwalling and automated messages from Support that customers pay to deal with it. 

There was a thread a good while back where it took someone literally a year to get unbanned, and somehow yet no one has mentioned it. 

Yeah, apparently if you get banned by punkbuster support just tells you to contact punkbuster and punkbuster just tells you to contact the game support or something along those lines.

War Games

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4745 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

Yeah, apparently if you get banned by punkbuster support just tells you to contact punkbuster and punkbuster just tells you to contact the game support or something along those lines.

I know someone banned by Punkbuster for something completely unrelated to APB (Was running a program for another game), they never got their account back. They said PB's support is just awful, they tell you nothing.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I know someone banned by Punkbuster for something completely unrelated to APB (Was running a program for another game), they never got their account back. They said PB's support is just awful, they tell you nothing.

Punkbuster just blacklists applications without looking into what the application does. If you make an exe, any exe, and post a link to it on known cheat site, punkbuster will automatically flag that exe, even if it does nothing.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6974 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

never heard of that, but that sounds kind of exploitable right? or am i just being dumb

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

if i ever get banned by fairfight i'll have the human decency to admit to having started cheating, so my friends arent put in a rough spot defending me while i lie so they dont feel as bad about grouping with my rerolls for a carry. lmaocolby

thats funny because of all my friends who got banned, both were PB, but one was lifted bc tiggs personally looking into it and telling evenbalance to actually investigate, other one was stonewalled by support

idk why we even have punkbuster thats the only thing that "false" bans people since punkbusters idea of cheating seems to be decided by throwing darts at a board. those bans arent broadcast tho so thats a whole diff cup of tea

apb stuff

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

never heard of that, but that sounds kind of exploitable right? or am i just being dumb

I wrote a crosshair app a while back for another game and got banned because PB flagged it as a cheat. All it did was allow you to draw your own crosshair. Used it for over 6 months without issues. Figured the community would like it so I uploaded it. Next day hit with a PB ban. Who knows, maybe an angry user submitted it to PB.

This was over 3 years ago now that I think about it, so they might of changed the way they flag stuff.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 05 May 2016 - 08:24 AM.

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4745 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

thats funny because of all my friends who got banned, both were PB, but one was lifted bc tiggs personally looking into it and telling evenbalance to actually investigate, other one was stonewalled by support

From what I could tell, Punkbuster tells you to contact APB support, APB support tells you to contact Punkbuster. You go around in this circle until APB support closes your ticket and you're left with no more options.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

Rebelliousness

Rebelliousness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12

-snip-

Ignorant and unskilled people will ALWAYS try to seek for the reasons why they lost and justify their own lack of skill with something else than realizing that they do not have what it takes. They do not acknowledge the genuine skills others may have. That is psychology... 

Cheating is an issue, I am not denying that, however it is still very exaggerated....
I have been banned falsely before so I know what it feels like. I can't talk about the others but I never received any reason for my ban, and I had used quite a bit of money to support this game which I really regret now seeing how utter garbage this game has become. Nothing justifies the witchhunting we see and that behavior is harmful for the game as well.

Also, for Tiggs' comment: does someone really believe a company representative... -snip-

THE LOGIC OF APB:
1. BANNED GUY claiming claims of cheaters are based on the
ignorance of the players... and not the presence of actual CHEATERS and this after a massive BANWAVE... of cheaters.
2. BANNED GUY claiming to be a legit falsely banned.  Who knew?
3. BANNED GUY complaining that WITCHHUNTING... of CHEATERS... is toxic and bad for the game. (Cos it leads to BANS).
4. BANNED GUY regretted that he wasted cash money on a BANNED account. (And this is why WITCHHUNTING... is bad).
5. BANNED GUY telling us not to believe LadyTiggs when she told us that the recent FF banwave was for... (wait for it)...
CHEATERS.  But in short... we should believe HIM~! That it was all due to witchhunting by ignorant players... and lying Game Company Representatives... 

and not lying BANNED CHEATERS.

Edited by Rebelliousness, 05 May 2016 - 10:55 AM.

"Ignoring the PC base for these garbage ports will have been the primary reason for the demise of this company tbh."-Schlonganola

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4406 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

I get hackusated.....

Still not apart of the 10008 Club. Used shaders (Borderlands) before they were banned, because I saw Trio's stream and his game looked awesome.

It'd be funny if it was for macroing. Just goes to show how many crutchers are out there.
IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I get hackusated.....

Still not apart of the 10008 Club. Used shaders (Borderlands) before they were banned, because I saw Trio's stream and his game looked awesome.

It'd be funny if it was for macroing. Just goes to show how many crutchers are out there.

They're not banning for macros, at least not the rapid fire ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users