DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
Two questions for everyone still here on forums :

1) What was the final straw that made you quit fe? As well as what overall lead to that decision?

2) What, if anything, would bring you back?

This isn't aimed to be productive or anything. Just a post-mortem discussion. Maybe at best it will be cathartic for some. Cheers!

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :
http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

1) This is an online game. I like to play with others. That is hard to do when people keep leaving. At a certain point trying to make new friends or joining soon-to-be-dead clans becomes a tiresome chore of a waste of time.  If I wanted to play a nuclear post-apocalyptic crafting game alone, I would play Fallout 3 / New Vegas. Since the playerbase size has hit an embarrassing low for MMO standards, what else am I supposed to do?

Why do people I played with leave?  (from my perspective and playstyle)

- rewards are crap. (the rage I've personally witnessed from others after finishing a difficult quest was almost tangible)

- game is way too unpolished and clearly not finished in various categories despite endless complaints of the players pointing this out. 

- some game design decisions are made without logical thinking, making things actually worse or not worth doing.

- huge game area is never used to its full potential. Game actually promotes farming in static locations way too much.

- endgame is simply bad. Very bad. Way too Korean-MMO grindy and the recipes are just stupid and unbalanced, requiring absurd amounts of materials which is no fun to gather unlike old-game recipes which did it juuuust right.

- Dome.  'nuff said.

- Outpost was rushed, many errors in it and lore-wise it has no ties at all to the previous sectors. Its location South of AC doesn't even make sense according to the lore.

I swear, people defending this game as if it's great are either very new, progress very slowly or have low standards. Or perhaps they are playing with blinders (those things they put around horse's eyes to prevent them from looking to the side). All I ask from game devs is to give a damn about their game and customers and actually finish/support your product. That's not asking much.

2)   A brand new Fallen Earth 2.0 under the flagship of a completely different competent studio and publisher who gives a damn about their game. Basically, it should not have any ties to this fiasco. Just call it something else.

And NO early access / alpha build crap.  Just a brand new finished game. When somebody relies on funding from their own testers, what I see are unskilled & underfunded people. Why the #$#$%# should I support them with my money and time?  They will burn out and lose interest and never finish it just like the rest.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13
1) No real 'final straw' for me, but I just got more or less bored with the game...closest would of been I guess gore in reality as me being really on and off again started after they added that.

-devs that haven't really seemed to have a vision of where they wanted to go and didn't know why people liked FE.
-Factions were made irrelevant rather than prioritized.
-Skill changes they usually didn't have much of an idea about(hell they defended old 'diplomatic immunity' which was a buff that made it so you were unable to do anything else besides move around for 10 seconds with a decent armor buff lol...deathmatch debuff with armor/dodge).
-New stuff that should of had a pve focus had them attempting to mix pvp in when in reality pvpers will do pve or pvp if they are an improvement showed a disconnect with how those players interacted(pvers have a tendency to treat pvp as a mortal sin where as pvpers will mix and match as needed if it is beneficial).
-Changes that pissed everyone off(2.4 crafting queue lol)
-Streamlining and making this relatively easy game even easier(ap weapons are a wonderful example of it...a weapon that should of highlighted the need to make choices/sacrifices but they gave you the increased damage and utility making old weapons almost entirely redundant)
-Moving from an interesting rpg system(biggest issue really being aiming for no respecs and then doing drastic changes with no resets or respecs for nearly a year) with fps elements to a mediocre shooter with mediocre rpg elements

2) Basically a remake from a group with the proper skills that have a vision of where they want it to go. Balanced around proper incentives and in a manner that makes sense. Factions being a meaningful and important aspect(yeah the wheel is questionable but its interesting as a possibility especially if it was more interactive).

Heretic
Nysak

Jager Wolfe

Jager Wolfe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined 11-August 12

In summary for me:

Sectors 1 - 3 from Launch.  Awesome Game just what I was looking for.

DeadFall - More of the same.

Progress Towns - Citadel the Beginning of the End.

TW sucked - Back to Citadel

AC sucked - Back to Cit

Gore Bosses sucked - Back to Cit

Farming sucked - Back to Cit

Dome sucked - Back to Cit

Outpost sucks - Back to Cit then out.

J

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

1) Too many people I cared about leaving the game, combined with the lack of interest on the part of the developers to update and maintain it.

The social interaction in FE was as much of the appeal for me as the game play and when certain people left, it was nowhere near as fun. The early days with United Federation Forces and a bit later, with Ergo Trilogy, running around S2 and S3 with Brock Rock and Xsnx were magical.

2) I honestly don't know if I even want to bother coming back, at this point. If certain people came back, I'd at least log in regularly, just to hang with them in-game. Even if they fixed every bug, updated regularly and bothered to have at least one GM log in regularly, the experience that was Fallen Earth is pretty much over, as far as I can see. They can't promise to bring back XFallenOnex, Ablacksheep, Darren Keg, Stone, Lordjetfuel, Dee Capitate, Iwwchi, Maelani, Canto, Xen Cat, Dom Shepard, Jon Campbell, Pink Pink, Maderp, Razzie, Vayh or Shiu...so there is no way I'll ever enjoy what was.

Edited by LilRedhare, 25 April 2016 - 05:40 PM.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Hark

Hark

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 08-May 13

Around the time of the great lag of 2015 er 2016 I started systematicly destroying this game on forms, website comments and from with in. Not like it needed any help but ppl where some how attached to this game... sorta like how the sheep eat up main stream media. I was pissed that mommy wasnt getten done and information wasnt being shared. There was no reason to not give the players the truth.   I gave it all away, every thing, and time to time i like to look back at the trash that hasnt decomposed like the plastic water bottle it used to be for me.

Kishoot

Kishoot

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

1)

-Unbalanced pistol/shotgun/melee.

-Simplified combat system and fail changes.

-Bugs still remaining.

-Small but very toxic community (exploit, cheat, pro-laggers, sneaky, liars).

-The gameplay became more bad patch after patch till the game became unattractive.

(Finally i realized the good things came from Ikarus, the only good thing from G1 was the territory control in my opinion). 

2)

-Add this mp3 in the cloners:

T'as beau envoyer tes "mayday mayday" t'es mal barré.

Tunner

Tunner

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 26-September 11

1. very limited free account, building even a stupid ATV takes ages because of that and thats not all thats wrong with the model

2. general boredom (most of it built up by repetitive quests, lack of sounds in the world that would keep me fresh during travelling etc, weird combat with NPCs)

3. all my items gone after a few months of inactivity, bad support (after contacting them they asked me a question and never replied again)

I would play FE right now if I got my items back because Im currently in the mood, but I would quit in a week or less I suppose. The rest of the issues would have to be fixed to make me play longer than that.

Edited by Tunner, 28 April 2016 - 02:29 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

1)

-Unbalanced pistol/shotgun/melee.

-Simplified combat system and fail changes.

-Bugs still remaining.

-Small but very toxic community (exploit, cheat, pro-laggers, sneaky, liars).

-The gameplay became more bad patch after patch till the game became unattractive.

(Finally i realized the good things came from Ikarus, the only good thing from G1 was the territory control in my opinion). 

2)

-Add this mp3 in the cloners:

Pistols

• Increase delay between shots on heavy pistols (1.2 compared to .9) while slightly reducing their damage (About a 12 damage per shot decrease actually)
    • Reduce reload times to 2.5 for light/medium pistols and 3.0 for heavies
      • Increase skill modifiers for Lights to 5, Mediums to 4, and Heavies to 3. (10/8/6 total modifier in that order)

Heavies were the only pistols in need of a nerf... mediums and lights should have been left alone. There is no reason that pistols ignore limitations that other weapons follow.

If rifles and melee followed the same mechanics heavy pistols follow, we'd have 160+ DPS 2h melee and shotguns... which would be stupid as hell. And 1h melee would probably break 230 DPS following the same scaling of Heavy Pistols.

Rifles

• Assault Rifles need an AP weapon
    • Increase modifier to +10 Rifle
  • Battle Rifles need their AP weapon to not suck balls and have a max range of 66m rather than 90m.
    • Current BR only reaches 117 after augmentation, it would need to reach at least 137 base damage (150 after augmentation)
      • Increase modifer to +8 rifle
  • S.I.R. and Ye Old Shotgun need a 1.5 delay, rather than 1.7. See 164-165 (popular) shotguns vs 164 2h melee in terms of scaling.
    • Charge Shots are not going to fix this weapon, they are a perk but they surely do not "define" the issue with the weapon.
  • Sniper Rifles need a few things....
    • Longer range, top rank snipers should reach 100 meters.
    • Reduced delay
    • Increased reload (To keep their DPS in check somewhat)
    • A decent chunk of precision based on weapon rank.

Melee

• AFFA like AP weapons, period.
  • Ice Shard base damage reduced to 114 from 120 to reflect actual scaling of AP-like Heaters.
  • Jet Engine Hammer animation replaced with a far less ugly alternative. The weapon was not designed with the animation it was tied with.
    • Reduce +5m modifier on all weapons/mutations/effects to +2, effectively reducing melee range to 3-4m rather than 6-7m.
      • This would put melee in check and require no further nerfs. But I wouldn't recommend anything less than 3m range... problem is when a target is moving the range increases by 1 for some reason.

In terms of weapons... at least the combat system currently is far better than 1.9 or 2.6. Unsure how people now adays would handle previous major combat systems... especially ones that had stun/root along with unbreakable snares that were actually intended.

Damage based mutations are really strong at the moment... far to efficient and regen remains too high. Beyond that I can't think of many complaints of this system. Beats smashing charge shots for 600s in 1.9 with a single armor cut, no power, and we aren't talking about the cancer that was 2.6 :(.

Edited by Reaps989, 28 April 2016 - 11:20 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Two questions for everyone still here on forums :

1) What was the final straw that made you quit fe? As well as what overall lead to that decision?

2) What, if anything, would bring you back?

This isn't aimed to be productive or anything. Just a post-mortem discussion. Maybe at best it will be cathartic for some. Cheers!

1.) There's a few reasons...

• Hackers were the only real challenge anymore overall.
    • This isn't to say there wasn't any good players, but when your only fights in PVP always look for their hackers to reroll... it's boring.
  • Devs have never been in-touch with their community nor understood their game enough to properly manage it.
    • 2.6 power changes because "power was useless"
    • GORE prior to AP weapons
    • Outpost still not finished
    • Weapons still seem heavily unbalanced when simple fixes could be applied... (Remove 5m bonus range to fix melee)
  • PVE has never, ever, been rewarding for groups. 90% of the game's content is focused on solo play and for an MMORPG this is a terrible concept if you wish to have "factions".
    • This isn't to say there should be no solo content, but group content is trash.
  • PVE is to the point of "Stand here and heal yourself as you attack".... wow so fun. Bosses can be solo'ed or at the very least duo'ed. There are very few bosses you cannot duo. The ones that cannot tend to not be worth fighting.
    • Loot from NPCs is depressing compared to most RPGs to date. I could go on for HOURS on this topic alone.
  • Node system blows once they randomized it, further pushing away new players....
    • It takes a new player MONTHS to level if they try to craft their own gear. While you can reach max level in 2 days which may only cost you about 5r+ (Bike, Fuel, decent level 8/20/30 weapons, and ammo if required. Bandages aren't really needed until Dome, if you are careful.)
  • Exploits/Dupes for days

The only way to bring me back would be...

• A dev team that actually cares about the game and doesn't hide after someone criticizes them.
  • Decent population (During 3.2 when we easily broke 2k population for the first 2 months was more than enough honestly)
  • Decon "actually" was given proper time-frames to test updates
    • And proper time-frame provided for open-testing on the PTS prior to going to live.
  • GMs that are not bias as gosh darn and properly handle matters.
    • GMs should not be allowed to make their own choice on how long or what kind of punishment is provided as listed below.
      • Time of ban should be based on offense.
      • Bans from hacking should never, ever, be lifted. (Hacker rehab much?)
      • Proper time-frame on bans should be made on multiple offenses.
      • Information of "why" a ban was provided should be in all tickets.
      • Bans from prior exploits, if fixed, should be lifted while earnings from that exploit be removed from that account.

Fact is FE has made far to many knee-jerk changes, have corrupt staff who will ban (and lift bans) based on personal relations, and at no point have they made a single attempt to learn their own game.

They had a chance with their last developer. At least they were fixing bugs, talking to players, and trying to get results. The month they vanished was when the population fell hard....

#WaitingForFallenEarthEmulator

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Kishoot

Kishoot

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

1. very limited free account, building even a stupid ATV takes ages because of that and thats not all thats wrong with the model

2. general boredom (most of it built up by repetitive quests, lack of sounds in the world that would keep me fresh during travelling etc, weird combat with NPCs)

3. all my items gone after a few months of inactivity, bad support (after contacting them they asked me a question and never replied again)

I would play FE right now if I got my items back because Im currently in the mood, but I would quit in a week or less I suppose. The rest of the issues would have to be fixed to make me play longer than that.

What did you lost exactly? If your problem is an ATV i can give you a car.

You seems to be an old player so maybe i can help you.

Kishoot

Kishoot

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Pistols

• Increase delay between shots on heavy pistols (1.2 compared to .9) while slightly reducing their damage (About a 12 damage per shot decrease actually)
    • Reduce reload times to 2.5 for light/medium pistols and 3.0 for heavies
      • Increase skill modifiers for Lights to 5, Mediums to 4, and Heavies to 3. (10/8/6 total modifier in that order)

Heavies were the only pistols in need of a nerf... mediums and lights should have been left alone. There is no reason that pistols ignore limitations that other weapons follow.

If rifles and melee followed the same mechanics heavy pistols follow, we'd have 160+ DPS 2h melee and shotguns... which would be stupid as hell. And 1h melee would probably break 230 DPS following the same scaling of Heavy Pistols.

Rifles

• Assault Rifles need an AP weapon
    • Increase modifier to +10 Rifle
  • Battle Rifles need their AP weapon to not suck balls and have a max range of 66m rather than 90m.
    • Current BR only reaches 117 after augmentation, it would need to reach at least 137 base damage (150 after augmentation)
      • Increase modifer to +8 rifle
  • S.I.R. and Ye Old Shotgun need a 1.5 delay, rather than 1.7. See 164-165 (popular) shotguns vs 164 2h melee in terms of scaling.
    • Charge Shots are not going to fix this weapon, they are a perk but they surely do not "define" the issue with the weapon.
  • Sniper Rifles need a few things....
    • Longer range, top rank snipers should reach 100 meters.
    • Reduced delay
    • Increased reload (To keep their DPS in check somewhat)
    • A decent chunk of precision based on weapon rank.

Melee

• AFFA like AP weapons, period.
  • Ice Shard base damage reduced to 114 from 120 to reflect actual scaling of AP-like Heaters.
  • Jet Engine Hammer animation replaced with a far less ugly alternative. The weapon was not designed with the animation it was tied with.
    • Reduce +5m modifier on all weapons/mutations/effects to +2, effectively reducing melee range to 3-4m rather than 6-7m.
      • This would put melee in check and require no further nerfs. But I wouldn't recommend anything less than 3m range... problem is when a target is moving the range increases by 1 for some reason.

In terms of weapons... at least the combat system currently is far better than 1.9 or 2.6. Unsure how people now adays would handle previous major combat systems... especially ones that had stun/root along with unbreakable snares that were actually intended.

Damage based mutations are really strong at the moment... far to efficient and regen remains too high. Beyond that I can't think of many complaints of this system. Beats smashing charge shots for 600s in 1.9 with a single armor cut, no power, and we aren't talking about the cancer that was 2.6 :(.

Prolly, prolly not, i won't debate in details on the game mechanic.

The sad part is there is no game to replace the PvP of this one, a boxing fight in akimbo pistols  :punches:

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Prolly, prolly not, i won't debate in details on the game mechanic.
The sad part is there is no game to replace the PvP of this one, a boxing fight in akimbo pistols  :punches:

True, also forgot making the shotgun modifier +10, rather than 2.

And agreed on PVP... but with he current staff #RIP

Posted Image

Tunner

Tunner

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 26-September 11

What did you lost exactly? If your problem is an ATV i can give you a car.

You seems to be an old player so maybe i can help you.

There is nothing to specify really. I lost everything, 100% of my stuff. Nothing in pack, nothing in vaults, zero, nothing, nada. As for the ATV, I crafted it long ago, also even if someone gave me a vehicle or something, it doesnt solve the core problem that you can craft only one thing at a time with free account, which is a huge problem when crafting vehicles etc.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

There is nothing to specify really. I lost everything, 100% of my stuff. Nothing in pack, nothing in vaults, zero, nothing, nada. As for the ATV, I crafted it long ago, also even if someone gave me a vehicle or something, it doesnt solve the core problem that you can craft only one thing at a time with free account, which is a huge problem when crafting vehicles etc.

Get first time buy, but I do think they should have made F2P have 3 slots and then 5 slots after unlocking the first time buy package. Then just beef everything else up by 5 subscription wise >_>

Posted Image

Vorch21

Vorch21

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-April 16

1).- panda costumes

- alternative PA mmorpg

- overgrind

2). -Many upgrades for each weapon/cars/motorcycles with good opportunity to experiment (players should love THEIR tools).

- Mutations should be changed a little. Certain mutations must seriously change your appearance;circulatory system mutations, bone mutations, muscle mutations, nervous system mutations, limb mutations could has realy strong influence on players phisical  capabilities and at the same time, have restrictions on the use of certain equipment.

-Models(at least human), shaders, animation upgrade

-A more dynamic world, in the vast expanses that occur random battles between gangs, fraction groups and monsters(+ mb caravans gang).

-perks, which add special mechanics to your actions, ex. -''master healer"-your heal hve a chance apl. damage shield on target per X point; or "bulldozer"(combat sprint perk-some sort of charge upgrade)-sprinting into enemies now causes damage and knocked them down(remember "Pain Train" from Fallout 4) etc..

Edited by Vorch21, 01 May 2016 - 09:53 PM.

Wildcat Strike

Wildcat Strike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
1) nothing new and nobody on.

2) devs unable to address hacking, rerolls and dupes.

3) A majority of content was made pointless by the new weapons being made more op, then new armor being stronger and repeat.

I would rather see existing content at end game brought in balance with earlier equipment with better recipes. Go for a wide variety of diversity. Really, end game we just choose between 3 armor sets??? That is just dumb.

Agree with reaps, regen was just flat out stupid

4) no vision or communication. I think gamers just need to see something get worked on. Would it have been that hard to update something like the content of vending machine in the keep lol. Next month, increase the effectiveness of the GORE enhancer. Small but enough to have kept people not feeling neglected while they pay gor subs.....well those not duping lol

Devolvedspud

Devolvedspud

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 30-August 12

This thread has been insightful.

I took a break back when GORE was first hitting the scene, I'd guess.  As a flower-sniffing PvE'r, I didn't really pay attention to that.

I've been logging in for a few days, and noticed the arid emptiness of Sectors 1 & 2.  Didn't realize just HOW bad things are til I came looking for info on finding plastic. (I guess the dead chat channels was my first clue)

Guess I'll keep on occasionally sniffing the flowers til the wheels fall off.  To think I *almost* upped for a sub to open up my crafting queue.   :NuhUh:

elcabron

elcabron

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 03-September 11

GORE, Factions gutted-didn't matter which one you belonged to anymore (killed the lore), DOME, Death of capture the flag in bloodsport, played too much for too many years, GMs absent or too busy to get things done.  Maybe I just got old too. 

The very last straw was I wanted to go another direction than the one my clan, Condemned, was headed in.  That was nobody's fault, just stuff that happens when you have a group of people, especially when there were so many people coming and going.  There was some in-clan bickering that made me sick to my stomach.  I usually prefered to do a lot of stuff on my own, but I really loved my clan and a lot of the people in it.  Nothing lasts forever, but I do still think about all the fun I had, both on my own (loved this game) and with my clan buddies.

If anyone from Condemned is still out there, I still think of ya silly ol fekkerz and wish you all the best.

ElCabron-Fairy Godmuther-Inflatible Goat

Edited by elcabron, 08 May 2016 - 05:12 PM.

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13

factions... didn't matter which one you belonged to anymore (killed the lore)

Hey, if you see this, could you expand on this? What about factions changed that made them not matter / how were they gutted? What makes a faction matter? Very curious about this.

I remember when I started running BM, me and a clannie walked into a bunker bar and whoever was there was like, "holy crap, two vistas in same place!". No one spoke in faction - barely anyone helped. Curious to hear if someone else experienced a faction that was tight knit.

Cheers!

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :
http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

elcabron

elcabron

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 03-September 11

Hey, if you see this, could you expand on this? What about factions changed that made them not matter / how were they gutted? What makes a faction matter? Very curious about this.

I remember when I started running BM, me and a clannie walked into a bunker bar and whoever was there was like, "holy crap, two vistas in same place!". No one spoke in faction - barely anyone helped. Curious to hear if someone else experienced a faction that was tight knit.

Cheers!

When I first started, a long time ago, factions at least seemed to play a much bigger role both in the game mechanics and (most) players' mentalities.  

Certain skills/mutations could only be raised to a limited level in each of the faction towns, so you had to venture out and learn about / make friends with the factions allied with your own.  I think some, or a lot, of people found that aspect a pain in the neck, so it was eventually changed.  Faction armor / equipment was the best that you could get apart from the death toll stuff, and each factions' equipment had different specs. I guess that this is probably still true, but back then it was the end game equipment and the highest level stuff took a lot of grinding reputation (which I actually enjoyed).  It was certainly more enjoyable than grinding GORE bosses (or DOME garbage) with questionable groups.  I also seem to remember (foggily) that each faction had certain bonuses for specific weapon types: CHOTA, melee; Travs, pistols; Vistas, rifles; LB's, incense sticks; Techs, battery-operated-self-pleasure-devices; Enfos, doughnuts and furry handcuffs.  Controlling a pvp area also seemed to be a lot more important because of the materials (pre-harvesters) if not the pride.  You would have to ask some of the very old PVPers, I wasn't first generation, but it seemed to me that pvp wars were much more driven by factions rather than by clans.  Certain pvp areas were often "owned", maintained, and even considered "home" by certain factions.

As far as factions affecting play-style, my subjective opinion is that many, if not most, players really got into their faction personas, let's say "light RP" even for those who did no RP.  I never got into the whole serious RP side of the game, but I LOVED being CHOTA.  CHOTA channel was a lot of fun even though (or because) there weren't a ton of CHOTAs.  They all seemed to be into it too.  Even now, after several years away from FE, I still get the urge IRL to scream "CHOTA!!!" and set some dumpsters on fire in front of a bank.  I also remember running into lots of other people who took their factions seriously.  Enfos loved Fox News and the wars in Iraq / Afghanistan (Russian Enfos loved Putin and their parents' war in Afghanistan).   Travelers could be charming and even helpful as long as they were standing in front of you.  Techs were a bunch of whiney, yet somehow loveable dorks.  LBs, well, all I remembr is Heretic starting off as LB and they were the antithesis of the LB philosophy, but somehow that made sense, like drunken, perverted, bloodthirsty Buddhist monks.  Ah!  Shouldn't forget TAO.  Vistas, well, I can't remember there ever being much of a serious Vista population.  I guess no one could really get into the tree-hugging, Earth First, thing.  Just wasn't fun to play?  I don't know.

It's been a few years since I've played, so I can't comment on where FE is now or has been in that time.  I also can't say much, only what I heard, about FE before I started.  I really enjoyed this game intensely for 3 or 4 years.  I played it exclusively during that time and really got into most aspects of it.  I wish that they could roll the game back to pre-GORE and then start developing content, not purely money-making schemes, again.  I don't blame the company for wanting to pay its employees, I gladly dumped a lot of money into this game, but it seemed like the creativity of the Devs got suffocated by the need to generate cash.  I've never made a game, so I can't tell anyone how to balance those things.  

Anyway, that's how I saw it.  Others might tell you differently.  Hope that helps.

Edited by elcabron, 09 May 2016 - 04:30 AM.

Sang

Sang

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

CHOTA!!!!

*This will be on my tombstone and left for future generations to wonder what der fook it meant*

I may not log in that much, nor will I resub unless given a damn reason, but I have not left.

It's a till death-do-us-part kinda thing .. and I'm beginning to think I will outlive Fallen Earth after all.

Most of all, I love every one of you butt-pickles that roamed the wastelands as well.

Edited by Sang, 09 May 2016 - 08:22 PM.

JaxDye

JaxDye

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

If anyone from Condemned is still out there, I still think of ya silly ol fekkerz and wish you all the best.

ElCabron-Fairy Godmuther-Inflatible Goat

:viking:

I quit because CHOTA won, FE is now completely saturated in chaos and the victory orgy has not ended.

Rubie Styles

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

TBH, I have been logging on a bit, just to say "hi" to certain people, hang out and catch the odd raid or two. FE isn't totally dead for me just yet, but it's hardly numero uno anymore. I just don't enjoy doing the same quests and raids over and over, and it makes no sense at all that in PvP, people would rather pick up a pair of daggers (that have a 20' reach) than an assault rifle. I have been taking a look at Firefall (looks good so far but very buggy, for me, anyway) and still enjoy Defiance, but it can get repetitive with extended play. I'll have to give The Skies a look...I've heard good things. 

DLBanner1.jpg

Elmaronic

Elmaronic

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14
Most of my friends gone. Im only TNO online. Rare, because my work.

Elmaronic

Elmaronic

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14
Most of my friends gone. Im only TNO online. Rare, because my work.

The Concept

The Concept

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 23-October 13
That's a loaded question really.

I left FE for partially personal reasons. I had(And still have) a major project I invested lots of time and money into and even now I'm still heavily occupied with it lol.

But the largest thing that killed the game for me was Reaps camping Citadel loot(DPS too stronk). I never got my Stage 2 Mesoprene as a result so I had to settle for scrap armor QnQ.

Joke aside what has mostly killed Fallen Earth for myself was that I hit a dead end. Every repetitive quest across the almost barren landscape complete. End game content would release and within a couple days I'd have a dozen toons strapped with the heaviest gear you could have at the time... After that what's there to do? Sit there and just run the easy mode PvE, grind mindless BS, sleep in Citadel, or OW PvP? It just became monotonous and my few close friends I had made in the game left.

And it just... Hurts looking at FE now. It's that kind of feeling of looking at a dog that's clearly dying and crying to be put out of its misery.

Fallen Earth was truly something to all of us and it brought together one of the best communities ever seen in a MMO. It gave me one of the best experiences possible at one time and that's probably one of the underlying reasons I still visit today :)

But I'd have to agree with Kit Kat. Even if G1 fixed everything they won't bring back the community I ran together with. Tynquer, Nebula, Crood, Jaeger, my beloved friend Derek Blue(lol), And the rest(way too many to name >¬>). I miss everyone that played that I ran together with from start to the finale of Citadel(Which at the time was mostly the end game). They were all part of what made FE my home and I'll never forget the experiences I had here.

So now I guess I just sit and wait for the death of our home in the wasteland. Depressing really. I haven't fully left Fallen Earth and I will breath the wasteland in until it falls. Because I was one of the first and I'll be one of the last.

Also because one of my favorite chicken mounts ran off and never came back. I'm still waiting for you Butter Brick... One day you'll find your way back home QnQ
" Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte.
" If history has taught us anything letting me negotiate is a bad idea. There will be nobody left to negotiate with." - Chuck Norris
" Even our enemies have Dreams... Ours are just more important." - Joseph Stalin

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

But the largest thing that killed the game for me was Reaps camping Citadel loot(DPS too stronk). I never got my Stage 2 Mesoprene as a result so I had to settle for scrap armor QnQ.

I might have been involved in maybe 12 Citadel loot secure operations... Citadel happens every hour basically. Excuses <3

On a serious note... every veteran still watches this game. There's a reason 3.2 had an insane population increase.

It still can be saved, at least for newer players, but it will be a fuzzy bunny to convince old veterans that they will actually keep it healthy.

I nominate myself for FE's total destruc.....restoration ;D

Posted Image

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

That's a loaded question really.
Also because one of my favorite chicken mounts ran off and never came back. I'm still waiting for you Butter Brick... One day you'll find your way back home QnQ

Butter Brick!!!!!!! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear Ginger Snaps had nothing to do with his disappearance....

DLBanner1.jpg

ken500

ken500

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12

Why leave?

Continual crap gaming experience. No consideration for solo. Moronic/childish mechanics, penalties and content. Unwanted temporary changes in status. Unbalanced boring fights, BS static builds, restricted crafting abilities, etc, etc, etc. 

Renewed interest?

Obviously, a more mature generous development team that knows how to create interesting content and a good gaming experience could take this game a long way.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Why leave?

Continual crap gaming experience. No consideration for solo. Moronic/childish mechanics, penalties and content. Unwanted temporary changes in status. Unbalanced boring fights, BS static builds, restricted crafting abilities, etc, etc, etc. 

Renewed interest?

Obviously, a more mature generous development team that knows how to create interesting content and a good gaming experience could take this game a long way.

Wait wait wait....did you really just post that no consideration for solo?!

95% of the game is solo, in every single bit. That's the reason the "group" content consists of three things...

• World Bosses (GORE Bosses and Scav Bosses when they were a thing)
  • Progress Towns
  • PVP

Everything else... is solo. Hell, you can solo Buzzkill and Crabahook with the right builds. Lilith I haven't entirely figured out yet besides 2-manning her... but it's close.

Which mechanics are childish exactly?... Moronic tho, I can definitely name off a few... 7m melee being one of them.

But I will agree.. the current team was... well... ya... their ideas were very very stale.

Posted Image

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Why leave?

Renewed interest?

There has always been an over consideration for solo. Most content was nerfed to make it soloable if it wasn't before. Maybe you were the problem in this case because the vast majority of it can be soloed on level.

Then again anything you said was relatively vague and ambiguous so meh. And anything that could attributed to anything is seemingly poor understanding most likely.

Heretic
Nysak

brandon reed

brandon reed

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 13-June 13

the outpost did it, it was more of the same, but far buggier. i just wish this game would be sold to someone who would do a complete overhaul or maybe do a fallen earth 2.0 

fallen earth is my favorite MMO i have ever played, the sense of an actual community is something i never felt elsewhere. everyone at the citadel crafting, joking around, pitching in so people could complete their numerous projects. 

Sharon Agathon

Sharon Agathon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Twisted my ankle violently masturbating to a pvp kill, doc says I have to give up on fe.

I still think of you gosh darners whenever i take a crap.

A wise man doesnt piss into the wind

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8450 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

the camera movement during riding horse.

the large amount of "stamina" for every item-power-vehicle.

Agent Viscera

Agent Viscera

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 05-April 16

HANG ON..... is that all??? i have huge LIST with more then 100 reasons why i quit... or why i should have quit lol before when i hadnt my acc banned. well i dont have to tell it. most of you know it already.

TZZ...no need for reasons, the game itself want to make me quit after i played it for awhile xD

Edited by Agent Viscera, 29 June 2016 - 11:52 PM.

2c711cddfd4d1bd5a03c2044850985b0.png

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8450 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

HANG ON..... is that all??? i have huge LIST with more then 100 reasons why i quit... or why i should have quit lol before when i hadnt my acc banned. well i dont have to tell it. most of you know it already.

TZZ...no need for reasons, the game itself want to make me quit after i played it for awhile xD

i played it a month or less.

removing some feature and increase some playable smooth interaction could save it as the simplifing restyle of Mount&Blade:Warband did.

Fay Wray

Fay Wray

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 28-December 13

So camera movement (try 3rd person view), and because vehicles dont run out of fuel fast enough? or Skill buffs use too much stamina? Or that the Old Nag uses stamina too quickly maybe?  (cant quite decide what is meant here).

Fay Wray

Fay Wray

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 28-December 13

i played it a month or less.

removing some feature and increase some playable smooth interaction could save it as the simplifing restyle of Mount&Blade:Warband did.

Aahh,  That would require some sort of Dev, and a patch of some sort, havnt had anything other than pure essential maintenence in a very very loooong time, APB had all Gamersfirst (limited) resource diverted to it a year or 2 ago instead.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8450 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

So camera movement (try 3rd person view), and because vehicles dont run out of fuel fast enough? or Skill buffs use too much stamina? Or that the Old Nag uses stamina too quickly maybe?  (cant quite decide what is meant here).

after a good carreer in O-game, i have enough of daily check resources for have a game "working". that's why i am not a great fan of resource searching/combination/collection/use/searchagain infinite loops.

for example, Warframe have a complex sys of resource/build/collect/modding items too, but  with an huge difference with FE; the item dont expire and never run out of ammo (before mission start ammo are always full)

except for some kind of pets, there is not a real expiring time , and however is not hard to recovery the health/power/quantity.

in FE there is a searching time for resources that increase the difficulty for get any item, and is boring.

also the player skills/ability are heavy influenced by long time for reach a minimal time for get game items.

all these search/developing times are legit for an high level player experience, but they are not noob freindly at all.

example: learn to build primordialAxe--->find stone, find stick--->assembly--->use--->gain level and efficency(+damage,speed)

learn to build basic item should be standard (should not requires to find "blueprint") , resources like these should be available for free in every point of beginner map, assembly should take less than 1minute, and use should be without an expiring time, stamina.

cause the beginner will dont like search 30 minutes for a stick, find that he is not able to assembly,use 1 h to find the blueprint, lose other 2 h for assembly, finally gain the item and discover that after 3 shot item disappear or is unsable...

this amount of resource management is justifyed if the item is a LaserBeam Sword, but not for basic item or low level requirements.

same for the pets, there can be a "boost" that expires, and this is ok, but not a "surviving energy" that drop pet KO if expires.

about develope, i dont know.

FE is rude and look dated, but the game mechanic is not bad,is just too complex.

every graphic looks "old" after time, and playablity instead risk to become "banal".

in my 2 cent opinion, FE have both age's issues.

For the first , the issue is autosolved cause a simplest graphic is a warranty for 70+ fps also on low-tier PC (that were monsterPC 8y ago), and players love smooth 70+ fps. (but please fix the camera movement , is an headache generator)

For the second, we need to realize that 70+fps is not enough for have a "wow" from players, we need also playability, and a Infinite Tomb Raider research items is just a kickback on the past, when Playstation one was grey and Lara was looking all night long for the mythical red card for open a simple door.

removing some time killer passage from the gameplay could help a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users