• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Savick

Savick

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 20-September 12
I see this a lot when I'm in /help trying to, you know, help people with game stuff. Lot's of hello's hola's, what have you. If the default channel when logging in was /local, then /help wouldn't get the number of misplaced greetings it does. At least that's what I think would work. Thanks, if anyone's listening.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

Unfortunately, none of the devs read this forum, Savick. However, one of the reasons Help Channel is the default channel is so new players are immediately placed into the channel where they can get assistance if needed. The reason this isn't working is:

-Very few HazMats (players who are entrusted as in-game help) left; I think Artemi Six and Gary Owen are the only two that still log in semi-regularly, although I heard Crood was on recently (If you see a green-colored name in chat, PM them...that's a HazMat)

-Moronic players trolling help channel 24/7

-No active GMs to regulate the morons or offer their own help to new players

Rewind as little as three years ago and it was a bit better. Unfortunately, FE is on the down-slide and there's nothing we as players can do about it.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Fay Wray

Fay Wray

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 28-December 13

Dont worry, there should be a lot less of this now help/global is locked until people reach lvl 3, lucky there are so few actual 'new' players starting that it shouldnt be too much of an issue, apart from those bugged in tutorial or otherwise stuck in hoover dam :/

I guess its to stop Frammy and his spam/duping in auction/global/help, good job we have an elegant and meaningful solution to the alt/hacker/duper problems, and not just some sort of clumsy band aid.....

dead on one's feet
Also, dead tired. Extremely weary, as in Mom was in the kitchen all day and was dead on her feet, or I'd love to go, but I'm dead tired. The use of dead for “tired to exhaustion” dates from the early 1800s, and dead on one's feet, conjuring up the image of a dead person still standing up, dates from the late 1800s.(copy/paste)

Btw, i even saw a mod on FE forum a few days ago, granted it was an APB mod, answering (well, locking) a misplaced APB problem (about hipfiring bans....) but still a mod, they do exist, i thought they were just unlikely internet rumour.... :Heee:

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Btw, i even saw a mod on FE forum a few days ago, granted it was an APB mod, answering (well, locking) a misplaced APB problem (about hipfiring bans....) but still a mod, they do exist, i thought they were just unlikely internet rumour.... :Heee:

Ohh apb mods have always been around too much(in in fe areas before when people still talked in them), but fe mods are just an fe rumor there was a time they used to clean derailed topics and hand out temp bans...but alas i believe those were the ol' days of icarus. A time and a forum ago.

Edited by AgentNoir, 24 April 2016 - 02:28 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users