8 replies to this topic

Junkshop

Junkshop

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

There doesn't appear to be any "Law" between players.  Does placing bounties on others or even yourself sound interesting?

I'd enjoy talking to a Sheriff in a Bunker Bar and make bounties on players and clans or to collect bounties I've earned.  A single death is meaningless to a clone, so bounties would need some interesting rules and possibly enough chips for more than a single winner.

Examples:

1. Every death of a player in clan NameHere receives 1 red chip with a total fund of 50 red chips.  (Reward people for targeting a specific clan)
  2. Kill the player NameHere 25 times and receive 1 yellow chip with a total fund of 1 yellow chip.  (Encourage people to seek this player out since only the first person to succeed gets the prize)

It needs some mandatory rules like reward recipient must be within 5 levels of the bounty and more mandatory rules I'm sure.

Thoughts?  Difficulty to implement?

Junkshop - Former FE Dev from 2008 to 2010

"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it." - Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football Head Coach, Knute Rockne, 1918-1930

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

This forum is just a placeholder.  Nothing written in here has or will ever happen, since the devs don't look at the forums.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

There doesn't appear to be any "Law" between players.  Does placing bounties on others or even yourself sound interesting?

I'd enjoy talking to a Sheriff in a Bunker Bar and make bounties on players and clans or to collect bounties I've earned.  A single death is meaningless to a clone, so bounties would need some interesting rules and possibly enough chips for more than a single winner.

Examples:

1. Every death of a player in clan NameHere receives 1 red chip with a total fund of 50 red chips.  (Reward people for targeting a specific clan)
  2. Kill the player NameHere 25 times and receive 1 yellow chip with a total fund of 1 yellow chip.  (Encourage people to seek this player out since only the first person to succeed gets the prize)

It needs some mandatory rules like reward recipient must be within 5 levels of the bounty and more mandatory rules I'm sure.

Exactly how would this work? A game feature? The devs aren't even putting in a way to change your hairstyle, there's no way they would even think of doing this. Maybe you can talk some of the lower-level clans into something like this, but with barely 50 endgamers on a night, good luck getting interest.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Stalker2001

Stalker2001

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15

Not bad idea but MystMan right

"The GamersFirst support team is committed to preserving the integrity and fairness of the game for all players."

3-HZlD6_Dz4.jpg
Original and rerolls: Disnuke, Walking Disaster, Nuclear Disaster, Lady Disaster, Skripka, Egao, Em Shady

Fay Wray

Fay Wray

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 28-December 13

3 years ago+ this might have worked well, now...... nah, no people, no devs, no support, no chance :(

btw, sounds a lot like the already broken clan war option.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Exactly how would this work? A game feature? The devs aren't even putting in a way to change your hairstyle, there's no way they would even think of doing this. Maybe you can talk some of the lower-level clans into something like this, but with barely 50 endgamers on a night, good luck getting interest.

Think you can right click your char or something. You can change it but it just cycles through either the options for that area or all of them...dont remember anymore. Far from optimal though.

Examples:

• Every death of a player in clan NameHere receives 1 red chip with a total fund of 50 red chips.  (Reward people for targeting a specific clan)
  • Kill the player NameHere 25 times and receive 1 yellow chip with a total fund of 1 yellow chip.  (Encourage people to seek this player out since only the first person to succeed gets the prize)

This would just come down to willingness to participate. No matter what they did it could be easily avoided. It would basically require the person to be force flagged for an individual, all current rules be ignored(so faction guards can't interfere unless its intended for some vague reason) and it be account/clan wide. It would be amusing but most likely incredibly easy to circumvent even if it did get added. Then there's the fact it would prob just be issued by people to grief others, which although amusing wouldn't be a good system.

And that's ignoring current issues.

Heretic
Nysak

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

Think you can right click your char or something. You can change it but it just cycles through either the options for that area or all of them...dont remember anymore. Far from optimal though.

There's a button in wardrobe that says "change hair style" but all it does it let you put your hair up/down. If I had the sudden urge to wear a mohawk, there's no way to do it. Even "older" games like Phantasy Star Online and WoW allow you to completely change your hairstyles (and WoW has the wonderful option letting you "transmorg" your wardrobe, allowing you to create and keep unique looks).

Edited by LilRedhare, 26 March 2016 - 08:59 AM.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

There's a button in wardrobe that says "change hair style" but all it does it let you put your hair up/down. If I had the sudden urge to wear a mohawk, there's no way to do it. Even "older" games like Phantasy Star Online and WoW allow you to completely change your hairstyles (and WoW has the wonderful option letting you "transmorg" your wardrobe, allowing you to create and keep unique looks).

Probably stems from the fact that unlike those games respeccing in any form was a no go and this was trumpetted as a selling point for fe at it's launch.

Heretic
Nysak

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Would be interesting IF this game had a PVP server. Imagine FoM in a post apoc world. Some clans/players place kos on players in pvp zones, but besides that you gotta force players to flag or jump into a pvp zone

All this Loaf, Rainbow Stalin

Heavehoe, Royal Pink Master

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users