11 replies to this topic

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

I had been playing Defiance on console (XBow 360) as a break from FE last year and loving it, but felt...lost. I only had one friend online (Jessi Lemon) and we had a clan called Bad Kitty. I ground my way to EGO 3000 mercilessly, sometimes with Jessi, but most of the time soloing (although "solo" can be misleading; I was never alone doing arkfalls and most Defiance players are very friendly and will rez a gal when she foolishly tries to kill the Hellbug Queen head-to-head). Still, console Defiance grew tiresome, mainly due to a lack of social interaction. I never played after EGO 3000.

Recently, two of my FE clannie/friends talked me into downloading it on PC. Siaphus/Agent Washington and Qabu had both been playing for a bit and had talked me into at least trying to download it (I had been running DirectX11 and it was hampering the operations of a few games; a switch back to Dx9 fixed that...thanks to Nysek and Soylent!). The download went smoothly...and the game runs even better than it did on console!

So...Bad Kitty rides once again...as of this posting, EGO 500 and rolling (now if I can get that legendary Casti charge blade again....). Anyone else out there wanting a break from FE and feels like doing a few arkfalls together, hit me up!

global_logo.png

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

Still, console Defiance grew tiresome, mainly due to a lack of social interaction. I never played after EGO 3000.

Pretty much this.  I don't even remember what my ego is, it's not high that's for sure. I'm still a rookie last I remember when I stopped.

The lack of social interaction part was the second reason I just couldn't see myself launching the game again (despite Arkfalls indeed being lotsa fun)

The main reason for me is: the game lags and rubberbands way too much. Maybe my region is the culprit, I'm in Europe.  I don't how it fares for US players.

Edited by MystMan, 20 March 2016 - 05:05 PM.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

Pretty much this.  I don't even remember what my ego is, it's not high that's for sure. I'm still a rookie last I remember when I stopped.

The lack of social interaction part was the second reason I just couldn't see myself launching the game again (despite Arkfalls indeed being lotsa fun)

The main reason for me is: the game lags and rubberbands way too much. Maybe my region is the culprit, I'm in Europe.  I don't how it fares for US players.

It lags a bit and rubberbands for US-based players to, and can be a source of frustration (I was fighting a Volge Elite last night and only got tagged when he "teleported" around the corner of the truck I was LoSing him with), but having people to play with consistently is a HUGE uplift. I did a coop mission with 3 strangers last night and although they were pretty cool, it was obvious they were friends and they would take off together a bit and leave me to fend for myself at times. During a different coop map, I was with 2 of my clannies and we mutually supported each other through the map, and even watched out for the odd man out...who ended up friending us, he liked us so much. If you ever feel like playing again, PM KitMeow in game and I'll send you an invite!

DLBanner1.jpg

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

Spent the evening running around with Sia and Steak, did a minor arkfall and failed to kill the Volge Warmaster after blowing his @$$ away in record time yesterday. EGO 800 and rising....and Bad Kitty hit clan level 2 pretty much across the board...the door is open for anyone looking to take a break from FE...

DLBanner1.jpg

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18170 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

I palyed defiance at some point too, was quite fun, but wow making those bosses solo in those dropped shard/wrecks, or how they were called that toook ages. But didn't found some people of my cogamers having a longer interest in the game. I guess most of them started to find it a bit too repetitive.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

I palyed defiance at some point too, was quite fun, but wow making those bosses solo in those dropped shard/wrecks, or how they were called that toook ages. But didn't found some people of my cogamers having a longer interest in the game. I guess most of them started to find it a bit too repetitive.

It's always easier with friends, which is one of the reasons I revived Bad Kitty. We dropped spikes for a major Arkfall last night, bringing 3 clannies and inviting any players in the area. Still, I really like the Defiance community. 9 times out of 10, if you do get tagged hard and go down, someone will give you a revive, as they realize the more guns, the better. Even the trolls seem polite; we had one in zone 3 nights ago, who came to see us at Iron Demon Ranch, dropped a bit of knowledge (he was EGO 5000), hung out and then friended all of us. If you want to start playing again, hit me up in game (I'm KitMeow, clan Bad Kitty) or on Steam, LilRedHare.

DLBanner1.jpg

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18170 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

naaaawww

lEs5o.jpg

and wow I have no idea bout the game anymore so much equipments and stuff , I feel lost xD last tiem we plyed was 500 days ago.

Edited by LilyV3, 23 March 2016 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

TBH, I'm circulating between 8 games right now, just so none of them get stale; Defiance is my main jam, but I'll put it down for a few days to level my twink soldier on Anarchy Online; then I'll swing over to Fallen Earth for a bit, but it tends to be a drama-fest, so it's off to Not Another Zombie Defense; when that gets tedious, I''ll log onto World of Warcraft, the old tried and true friend. But even that can get boring, so when it's stale, it's off to Unturned, which is actually stressful; I never play it right after work. Then, if all else fails, there's Zombies, Monsters, Robots, but that's so play-to-win I get tired of it quickly. If nothing else suffices, I go to my "soul Game": ShadowRun: Dragonfall. I'm sure you have a similar set-up, so if you ever need a diversion from your main jam, hit me up in Steam!

DLBanner1.jpg

Jager Wolfe

Jager Wolfe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined 11-August 12

I have been thinking of heading back Defiance's way myself.  Have not played in a year, but enjoyed it quite a bit.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

EGO 1100 and climbing...anyone still looking for alternatives to APB Reloaded or Fallen Derp, feel free to hit me up in Steam. We're doing arkfalls, challenges, sieges, co-op maps, emergencies and anything else we can get our paws on, as a clan, and hazing a ball!

DLBanner1.jpg

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18170 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

TBH, I'm circulating between 8 games right now, just so none of them get stale; Defiance is my main jam, but I'll put it down for a few days to level my twink soldier on Anarchy Online; then I'll swing over to Fallen Earth for a bit, but it tends to be a drama-fest, so it's off to Not Another Zombie Defense; when that gets tedious, I''ll log onto World of Warcraft, the old tried and true friend. But even that can get boring, so when it's stale, it's off to Unturned, which is actually stressful; I never play it right after work. Then, if all else fails, there's Zombies, Monsters, Robots, but that's so play-to-win I get tired of it quickly. If nothing else suffices, I go to my "soul Game": ShadowRun: Dragonfall. I'm sure you have a similar set-up, so if you ever need a diversion from your main jam, hit me up in Steam!

last time my Gf played WoW I was like: oh ad, its so casualised now, dammit.

Also, WAR does exist again. Some guys made a private server of it. If you wanna try some good RvR based game you should give it a try https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Edited by LilyV3, 21 April 2016 - 02:25 AM.

Posted Image
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

Took a bit of a break from Defiance just to keep it from going stale and reconnect with a few peeps on FE. Also tried Firefall; love the game concept, but the server is a mess and my lappy struggles to run it (although I got through the starter mission and got a pretty decent engineer frame going for a level 11 now). I should be back on Defiance next week for some more rousing challenges and arkfalls!

DLBanner1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users