Photo

Does this game really only have 229 players at peak times?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Krhymez

Krhymez

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 15-August 15

I have been recently playing APB, i clicked on this game and it looked interesting... but after looking into it, it would appear the game has a small player base

http://steamcharts.com/app/113420

Are these numbers accurate?

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

edit: nvm

Edited by Queen of Love, 27 February 2016 - 01:17 AM.

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

I personally don't use steam to play APB, and I think it's the same for many others.

We don't appear on the charts.

Edit: wait those are the fallen earth charts what

Edited by Thehidden-Tember, 27 February 2016 - 02:59 AM.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1583 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
This is also the fallen earth forums...

And yes,the game is fallen (as in lost) as well.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Abel Tesfaye

Abel Tesfaye

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Joined 05-July 14

A game with a good concept, just poorly executed. Soon-to-be RIP. Amen.

fK1Qo3S.png Yellow Squad fK1Qo3S.png

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

The chart only covers players who play through Steam. So it's a bit higher than that. 

And as usual, those-who-don't-know-better  (a.k.a. Blind Fanbois) will use this as an argument that the game is a lot more populated than that.

"I see many people in the starter zone of this F2P game, so it must be like this for the rest of the game too"   WROOONG!

The Steam chart is a very good referential representation of the playerbase of a game.

If there are a lot of Steam players, then there are a lot of non-Steam players.

If there are few Steam players, then there are also few non-Steam players.

I long ago reached the point where finding dedicated friends/clan members who won't abandon the game to be an impossible quest.  This is an MMO where you will inevitably play solo.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

At the very least, it's 50% (or more) of the population, and even then 400ish peep is terrible.

Back during the start of the last large update, we had well over 1000 online. In Deadfall and Outpost (Epsilon)  you easily saw 100-200+, which is quite impressive on either map.

Fact is, even after seeing a huge surge in population that we haven't had in awhile... they didn't keep the game up to date with fixes to gameplay or content. Let alone focusing on finishing Outpost.

So of course the population steadily dies. FE's maps are extremely huge as well, thus chances are you may also very will not see people beyond S1 (at least often) without the will to locate them.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

9:30PM CST last night, less than 60 level 55s on and no one in Alpha or OP, except Granville and myself...

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

i reached the level for have an horse, but the camera movement while riding are just terrible! there is a way for slow the track of camera while moving? is like move a drone flying XD 

(please copy the mount&blade camera system while using horses )

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

i reached the level for have an horse, but the camera movement while riding are just terrible! there is a way for slow the track of camera while moving? is like move a drone flying XD 

They probably won't be doing anything with cameras views and such.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18232 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

They probably won't be doing anything with cameras views and such.

controls are indeed a bit odd. That probably does generate quite a entry border for people with lesser patience wanting to get used to it.

get a better horse the Old Nag sucks, runs out of food so quick. the other horses are really enjoyable by food consumption and stamina.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Jager Wolfe

Jager Wolfe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined 11-August 12

It does take some getting used to, that said so did Mount and Blade.  Can't wait for Bannerlord.

Bebacksoon

Bebacksoon

Initiate

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-February 16

Hi all, as an old farted gamer, well just my 2 cents....

Dont mix up pvp and pvm nowadays, there will be a lot of misbehaviour, dissonance touching and reflecting player base.

In my point of view FE died by that point, its only focusing, or made focusing by a bunch of pvpers on their point.

Needless to count up all the hacks devs didnt notice/ mind/ fix  at all.

Now you got the bill... games dead... well done?

Pretty sure if Pvm would be the turning point to get skilled and rewarded, there would be more peeps online.

But hey... Reaps ruling... ;p

So shutdown -h now.....

btw... less trolls without pvp too...

baddog

baddog

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 24-June 15

Gamersfirst killed off FE, give it 12 months and watch APB go the same way, those are the steam numbers to watch now, wait till G1C work their 'magic' on APB....

FE was/is a great game, but badly managed (managed? maybe just left to terminal apathy...) to the point of destruction, you would actually have to put in hard work to run the game worse, or piss off more people.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Gamersfirst killed off FE, give it 12 months and watch APB go the same way, those are the steam numbers to watch now, wait till G1C work their 'magic' on APB....

FE was/is a great game, but badly managed (managed? maybe just left to terminal apathy...) to the point of destruction, you would actually have to put in hard work to run the game worse, or piss off more people.

At best G1 may have caused gore but that was more a middle finger to pvpers than anyone else lol.

The chart only covers players who play through Steam. So it's a bit higher than that. 

And as usual, those-who-don't-know-better  (a.k.a. Blind Fanbois) will use this as an argument that the game is a lot more populated than that.
"I see many people in the starter zone of this F2P game, so it must be like this for the rest of the game too"   WROOONG!

The Steam chart is a very good referential representation of the playerbase of a game.

If there are a lot of Steam players, then there are a lot of non-Steam players.
If there are few Steam players, then there are also few non-Steam players.

I long ago reached the point where finding dedicated friends/clan members who won't abandon the game to be an impossible quest.  This is an MMO where you will inevitably play solo.

Ehh the population point hasn't been used in a couple years for a reason, but was used then as it did make sense.

The latter part of your post about getting other players is prob more based upon the area you centered on. If I remember correctly you centered around pve which prob had the biggest falloff rate really. In pvp there was a good amount of loss, but it varied from where the clans were and their quality usually decided that. Although no matter what FE tended to bleed players pretty bad.

Think for the most part this is prob 1 of the posts I've actually agreed with you on.

controls are indeed a bit odd. That probably does generate quite a entry border for people with lesser patience wanting to get used to it.

get a better horse the Old Nag sucks, runs out of food so quick. the other horses are really enjoyable by food consumption and stamina.

Yeah a good amount is odd.

Yeap buy 1 of the cheap horses off a merchant asap it will save you a headache.

Heretic
Nysak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users