15 replies to this topic

Elmaronic

Elmaronic

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14
Maybe FE can earn money for developing game trough selling indulgences to banned players. Lots of players don't want wait until support make some decision about their fate and be agree resolve problems with some amount of money.
They come back anyway with another account and rerolling back to endgame. Why not to make it useful to FE.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18171 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

Maybe FE can earn money for developing game trough selling indulgences to banned players. Lots of players don't want wait until support make some decision about their fate and be agree resolve problems with some amount of money.
They come back anyway with another account and rerolling back to endgame. Why not to make it useful to FE.

sure if you make it 1000$ and they get banned AGAIN if they keep cheating, breaking TOS and COC and so on,  then yes, otherwise its just like a cheat subscription. You cheat and regulary pay yourself free. And that shouldn't be.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

sure if you make it 1000$ and they get banned AGAIN if they keep cheating, breaking TOS and COC and so on,  then yes, otherwise its just like a cheat subscription. You cheat and regulary pay yourself free. And that shouldn't be.

This, granted since they don't really handle rerolls for months they might as well make money off it. Just give it an option to unlock the account, rather than ban immunity. Then simply make it a one time thing.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Madd_dog321

Madd_dog321

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 16-March 14

why not they add a "scroll" to resize character and change to gender. they would make money from it aswell!

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

why not they add a "scroll" to resize character and change to gender. they would make money from it aswell!

+1

However it has already been discussed with Devs and GM's in the past and wasn't feasible in the foreseeable future due to technical difficulties.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Wildcat Strike

Wildcat Strike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
^ does doing any dev work count as technical difficulties :P

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

+1
However it has already been discussed with Devs and GM's in the past and wasn't feasible in the foreseeable future due to technical difficulties.

More like they are lazy, they could easily edit character size via numerical value in their database.

Now as for a consumeable item, obviously much harder unless they had "scrolls" for every size.

GMs would only know about the database via account, thus they couldn't claim was "is" or isn't feasible as they were never there to work on the game itself.

Edited by Reaps989, 23 February 2016 - 04:15 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kezzle

Kezzle

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-February 16

Are there really that many banned players that at the frankly ludicrous price of $1000 their paying to return would make a single jot or tittle of difference? And of those banned players how many are in that state because they were not having to pay to play in the first place? And how likely is it that any one of those would be invested enough in the game to pay such a "ransom" or "bond"?

No. FE isn't original or different enough to pay a grand to come back to a game you had enough issues with/cared about continuing to play little enough to get yourself banned from it. Any such malcontents have moved on aeons (in gaming relativism) ago.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

Are there really that many banned players that at the frankly ludicrous price of $1000 their paying to return would make a single jot or tittle of difference? And of those banned players how many are in that state because they were not having to pay to play in the first place? And how likely is it that any one of those would be invested enough in the game to pay such a "ransom" or "bond"?

Mitzy alone would have eclipsed $10K...they would name babies after him at Ironfoot studios... :lol:

Personally, I'd like to see what would happen if they created the one-time account unlock option. If anything, there would most likely be a sizable influx of funding into Ironfoot that would taper off quickly, but provide much-needed, immediate capitol. Most of the rerolls come back to FE out of habit; after all, APB has anti-cheats, much like many of the other popular PvP-oriented games. If told they could openly come back to FE for the low price of $1000, they would happily do so.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Elmaronic

Elmaronic

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14
Do they really agree pay such money?
I thinked about full regular game price 30-50 usd / eur.

Elmaronic

Elmaronic

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14
In game money is confiscated, raw materjals too, only armors, weapons, and tools left.

Of course G1 must be make open reason of ban. Like "wall of shame"

This game have so much oppurtunities for making money for developing and development without make changes in engine.
I think player base agree to support dev team if they come down from ivory tower and have talk with town folks.
"Do you agree with these changes we do? Agree? Ok price tag is next.."
And donations counter running in corner of hud.

Elmaronic

Elmaronic

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 24-August 14
Another crazy idea... Its not mine...
But its quite intresting.
Maybe we must work together and write petitition to Steam owner Nevil sorry i dont remember name correctly. Maybe he can buy FE from G last and little tune it and more advertizing and maybe he can resurrect FE. Cs and Dota are quite good games he made.

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

Nevil?    You mean Gabe Newell.

Yeaaahhh....  owners of a giant digital distribution who offer over 7500 published games should worry about a derelict abandoned MMO, one amongst countless others?  And online petitions about gaming?  Those things are just spam and are treated as such.

FE had its chance and blew it. It is now too dated and rotten to salvage.  We are all really just waiting for a brand new alternative game similar to it to be made. But with all the annoying Early-Access-But-Will-Never-Finish bandwagon everybody is jumping on, I don't see that happening.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18171 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

Yeaaahhh....  owners of a giant digital distribution who offer over 7500 published games should worry about a derelict abandoned MMO, one amongst countless others?  And online petitions about gaming?  Those things are just spam and are treated as such.

FE had its chance and blew it. It is now too dated and rotten to salvage.  We are all really just waiting for a brand new alternative game similar to it to be made. But with all the annoying Early-Access-But-Will-Never-Finish bandwagon everybody is jumping on, I don't see that happening.

FE2 early access, the new bandwagon to hop on :P

Now with better graphics, better customisation, better marketing, better carelevel.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Mitzy alone would have eclipsed $10K...they would name babies after him at Ironfoot studios... :lol:

Personally, I'd like to see what would happen if they created the one-time account unlock option. If anything, there would most likely be a sizable influx of funding into Ironfoot that would taper off quickly, but provide much-needed, immediate capitol. Most of the rerolls come back to FE out of habit; after all, APB has anti-cheats, much like many of the other popular PvP-oriented games. If told they could openly come back to FE for the low price of $1000, they would happily do so.

Umm apb's system doesn't stop anything, at best people tiggs doesn't like may get banned right away where as others may take a couple months(and unlike fe apb doesn't take any real investment to get back into so no reason not to if they enjoy the game nor to stop cheating once they have 1 ban if they were). And the popular games are more often gated by an upfront cost than an actual anti-cheat(an anticheat will usually be at work but that doesn't stop people). There are people who will devote themselves to griefing in games like csgo and have numerous accounts for it...or for cheating. This is nothing new. F2P has nothing to stop it. IP bans don't stick and rarely have except against absolute fools and other spoofing wouldn't be too hard to get around if it can be replicated reliably for money(havent looked at it but cant imagine its impossible nevermind supposedly hwid banning etc supposedly being illegal if called on it and the effort etc...but no information so more likely it was discussed by idiots)...nevermind most don't do either at most games ip block due to region locking.

Do they really agree pay such money?
I thinked about full regular game price 30-50 usd / eur.

I doubt it, it sounds closer to rumor mill nonsense or lies spread around due to the fact players will level accounts and sell them for 50-100s, which on it's own beats out the original account.

Agreed nevermind on the business end it would be irresponsible. At least when G1 picked it up it was cheap and they had the chance to make something off of it, due to it still being decently new and having been previously p2p. While boasting a loyal fanbase although small and their main promised update(sector 4 or well as it became...alpha) finally nearing its completion to draw people back.

Edited by AgentNoir, 21 March 2016 - 07:54 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

trillwave

trillwave

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 30-December 15

True true

SqtcK55.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users