• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Twista

Twista

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

Looking for ideas on a Pistol PvP Build.

Thanks in advance to everyone assisting.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

All depends on where you want to go with it and the general style. What are you aiming for? Have you decided on an aura line?

Heretic
Nysak

Twista

Twista

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

I have not. I want high damage and will more than likely go with empathic since it has good heals.

Necro

Necro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Joined 31-August 14
Power precision double debuff (sabo and overwhwlm)

Qween, Qweeen, Rouge Angel

"Your only in heretic because you have tlts"

I AM QWEEN

To [Madsideswipe] Gratz bro, wanna know what a puss@y taste like?
From [Madsideswipe] raw fish i have tasted b4 lol

[Amber Black] says: rage toggle

Twista

Twista

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

Would you mind showing my a good build?  

Jdred

Jdred

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11

http://planer.fallen...101010101010101

Pretty generic pistol build, honestly it all depends on your play style. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Empathy is standard. Vast majority of players roll 129 or around there min due to teamfights and that sort of thing and a way to use gamma.

Power precision double debuff (sabo and overwhwlm)

How did I call this was going to be the suggested build lmao.

Roughly the build necro suggested. You have enough left for another line. For the style I'd suggest an offensive mutation line(sonic, thermal or patho). TK can be used but it changes how you have to use the pistols if you want to use the debuff. You could pick something defensive, but its already incredibly stam hungry so you would want dodge if you wanted something defense...enhancement can be grabbed but due to only a low rank available and also running gt its a bit inefficient...ea is an option as well but again incredibly stam hungry.

Also only did the build for skill breakpoints for it so you may want to tweak power and precision from nyseks guide for efficiency. Especially as you would want to run the pistol stance to hit 195(you can adjust pistol lower depending on where you want to reticle due to pistol as Ive never bothered to confirm how much of an impact that is).

edit: jd's build is essentially the build with the extra points boosting up pistol so you dont need to use pistol stance and then maxing out precision and putting the last little bit in empathy. It would be using power stance or pistol.

Edited by AgentNoir, 26 January 2016 - 10:26 PM.

Heretic
Nysak

Necro

Necro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Joined 31-August 14

Empathy is standard. Vast majority of players roll 129 or around there min due to teamfights and that sort of thing and a way to use gamma.

How did I call this was going to be the suggested build lmao.

Roughly the build necro suggested. You have enough left for another line. For the style I'd suggest an offensive mutation line(sonic, thermal or patho). TK can be used but it changes how you have to use the pistols if you want to use the debuff. You could pick something defensive, but its already incredibly stam hungry so you would want dodge if you wanted something defense...enhancement can be grabbed but due to only a low rank available and also running gt its a bit inefficient...ea is an option as well but again incredibly stam hungry.

Also only did the build for skill breakpoints for it so you may want to tweak power and precision from nyseks guide for efficiency. Especially as you would want to run the pistol stance to hit 195(you can adjust pistol lower depending on where you want to reticle due to pistol as Ive never bothered to confirm how much of an impact that is).

edit: jd's build is essentially the build with the extra points boosting up pistol so you dont need to use pistol stance and then maxing out precision and putting the last little bit in empathy. It would be using power stance or pistol.

i suggested that because they said they want a high damage build, high damage is gonna come from power and debuffs lol, also id suggest going 210 pistol skill (using pistol stance) to get the decreased size in criss hair.

I AM QWEEN

Azherthese

Azherthese

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 06-October 14

If you wanna be cheesy asf, use this... 

http://planer.fallen...1010101B4010101

High damaging hits with pistols, sonic snare, and about 50+/- damage per second from DoTs(after resists), then the 150+/- sonic damage(after resists) etc. 

All the raging kiddies crying about that DoT spam is a plus too. 

Edit:

Oh and btw, I'd highly recommend support suit and helm with that, you'll need it. 

Edited by Azherthese, 27 January 2016 - 02:21 PM.

Azherthese - Eryxium - Oeryaux - Wingless Butterfly - Trypheus - Psilhouette

Twista

Twista

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

HAHA!!! Why the support suit and help thought? I have the offensive and defensive suit.

Necro

Necro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Joined 31-August 14

HAHA!!! Why the support suit and help thought? I have the offensive and defensive suit.

regen

I AM QWEEN

Azherthese

Azherthese

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 06-October 14

With as much resources as you will be using between GT, DT, Sonic and Heals, you'll really need the regens. I recommend support suit anyway, but that's just me. Also, Support Helm is just the most useful of the three helmets. 

Edited by Azherthese, 27 January 2016 - 09:48 PM.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

High damaging hits with pistols, sonic snare, and about 50+/- damage per second from DoTs(after resists), then the 150+/- sonic damage(after resists) etc. 

Edit:

Oh and btw, I'd highly recommend support suit and helm with that, you'll need it. 

Who actually complains about dots though? At best it'd be they are a pain to remove but not that they are a moving and shaking thing unless they get like 4-6 dots at once which actually would be painful.

Support is used typically because having 2 consumes worth of regen on your armor is typically better than a 3% damage increase or something like that. And with that sort of regen you can be more flimsy with your resources use to the point that it only matters in large bursts of use.

i suggested that because they said they want a high damage build, high damage is gonna come from power and debuffs lol, also id suggest going 210 pistol skill (using pistol stance) to get the decreased size in criss hair.
Yeah he would be able to hit 210 with that build due to weapons and shirt. But I was more just laughing as without even seeing responses i figured that'd be the first build suggested. Pretty sure without the damage request itd prob still be a gt/precision/power build suggested as that's what a lot like to seem to run.

Edited by AgentNoir, 27 January 2016 - 10:46 PM.

Heretic
Nysak

Azherthese

Azherthese

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 06-October 14

Who actually complains about dots though? At best it'd be they are a pain to remove but not that they are a moving and shaking thing unless they get like 4-6 dots at once which actually would be painful.

A lot of people do, especially when they try to run around a corner to hide and heal, but die anyway because 50 damage a second from DoTs. lol

Also, most people don't dispel DoTs because they are new and think it doesn't matter. 

Edited by Azherthese, 28 January 2016 - 12:38 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Edit:

Then that one guy who knows what he is doing uses SiO or Renew to dispel every DoT at once...

Or simply Preservation + SiU, since many forget using both in combination will remove a lot of DoT's almost instantly. <3

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Azherthese

Azherthese

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 06-October 14

Then that one guy who knows what he is doing uses SiO or Renew to dispel every DoT at once...

Or simply Preservation + SiU, since many forget using both in combination will remove a lot of DoT's almost instantly. <3

Then you still have triple debuff and snares, provided you can aim. lol

I'm not saying rely on the DoTs, but they can do a lot of damage or put a lot of pressure on your opponent which can often times win you the fight. 

Edited by Azherthese, 28 January 2016 - 10:31 PM.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

I'm not saying rely on the DoTs, but they can do a lot of damage or put a lot of pressure on your opponent which can often times win you the fight. 

Dot damage sure can add up but most ignore the dots or the scrubs panic over the dots and cry about em later. Dots are only note worthy when you are fighting a dot stacking build.

And Shake it off/renew would remove the dots and snare. Triple debuff can only be countered by your build so you either active a skill or 2 or just pop a heal and put as much damage on them as possible to make em back off. Or if your opponent likes to be a tryhard you los until its all down then go smack em around until they are done jumping around and hiding themselves and rinse and repeat until your opponent dies.

Either way my comment was mostly for mocking those whom complain about 1/2 dots. Usually ignoring the fact that if you invested into a clear you wipe that garbage off and go kill them as they are smrt and 0ed their stam most likely(assuming its a triple debuff build).

And people usually don't clear as they don't notice(first person users), can't clear it efficiently(would take too many resources to justify the clear or too long) or just don't care. Dots a lot of the time aren't the decider in fights, they can be but usually its the random crits or debuffs that change the tide of the fight(or another strong ability).

Heretic
Nysak

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

If you're throwing all 3 DoT's and then also three armor cuts, you just easily chunked 35%+ of your total resources on both ends before healing....

At best you wait to save your DoT's to force them to spend resources once they've lost a trade, or two, as they will be gosh darned on resources.

Not saying you can't pressure someone, just pointing out DoT's only work to win a fight when someone lacks knowledge of the game or simply over-pressured to where it didn't matter if they healed or not at that point.

But it is funny, the penitential for offense is ignored so often this patch yet we have rifle users QQing about lack of burst... when burst is actually the best asset at this time.

Edited by Reaps989, 29 January 2016 - 05:12 AM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Azherthese

Azherthese

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 06-October 14

If you're throwing all 3 DoT's and then also three armor cuts, you just easily chunked 35%+ of your total resources on both ends before healing....

At best you wait to save your DoT's to force them to spend resources once they've lost a trade, or two, as they will be gosh darned on resources.

Not saying you can't pressure someone, just pointing out DoT's only work to win a fight when someone lacks knowledge of the game or simply over-pressured to where it didn't matter if they healed or not at that point.

But it is funny, the penitential for offense is ignored so often this patch yet we have rifle users QQing about lack of burst... when burst is actually the best asset at this time.

Hence why I recommend support suit, use that and vita shot and you won't need to worry about Stamina.

That approach usually works well, even against experienced players.

I think you are forgetting how great the lack of knowledge in the community is, either that, or you just haven't fought enough of them lately to see it. Most people now don't really know a whole lot about the game mechanics.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Hence why I recommend support suit, use that and vita shot and you won't need to worry about Stamina.

That approach usually works well, even against experienced players.

I think you are forgetting how great the lack of knowledge in the community is, either that, or you just haven't fought enough of them lately to see it. Most people now don't really know a whole lot about the game mechanics.

Even still that's long term, with how some builds are certain rotations or combos will totally wipe a resource pool. And regen is a long term thing and not having stam for 1 tick can be a decider if it happens to be stam.

Umm most of you newer players are garbage when it comes to mechanics or managing just throwing it out there. That's nothing new and I've said it for the last couple years. You are decent but nothing overly special in that regard.

Heretic
Nysak

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

All the wack DoT builds are about as threatening as a baby pounding on your leg. One preservation of mine and all are gone. LB has way too many and wonder why they can't take me down on Balenciaga. Escape Artist FTW

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Posted Image

Azherthese

Azherthese

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 06-October 14

Umm most of you newer players are garbage when it comes to mechanics or managing just throwing it out there. That's nothing new and I've said it for the last couple years. You are decent but nothing overly special in that regard.

Yeah, it takes time to get it down right, and I know I still need work there. Unfortunately for most the game is a bit difficult to learn without help, and there are very few willing to spend their time giving it. That's just what happens when a game dies though. 

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Yeah, it takes time to get it down right, and I know I still need work there. Unfortunately for most the game is a bit difficult to learn without help, and there are very few willing to spend their time giving it. That's just what happens when a game dies though.

It's not so much help but not enough open pvp that one can find to help refine it. A person can tell you everything and anything but until you are able to practice it and perfect it it's not much good and that 1 person is only help for so much.

Heretic
Nysak

Azherthese

Azherthese

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 06-October 14

It's not so much help but not enough open pvp that one can find to help refine it. A person can tell you everything and anything but until you are able to practice it and perfect it it's not much good and that 1 person is only help for so much.

True. 

Could just always be flagged... Helped me some, didn't have to find the PVP, it just found me. lol

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

True. 

Could just always be flagged... Helped me some, didn't have to find the PVP, it just found me. lol

I'm always flagged on my pvp toon unless I want to duel someone as they dont trust they will be left alone if they flag up to fight me. The main thing is just that you have to make yourself an appealing target...seemingly afk or something of the sort or they feel they have the advantage usually with numbers. Which is fine but it's not something you can seek out or find you have to hope it appears, which for me is why I won't play fe actively again(ive always hated bs). At best you can sort of hope to draw it out by taking keeps but that's iffy unless you know someone is active and looking for that.

Heretic
Nysak

Viscera Resurrected

Viscera Resurrected

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 25-November 15

I'm always flagged on my pvp toon unless I want to duel someone as they dont trust they will be left alone if they flag up to fight me. The main thing is just that you have to make yourself an appealing target...seemingly afk or something of the sort or they feel they have the advantage usually with numbers. Which is fine but it's not something you can seek out or find you have to hope it appears, which for me is why I won't play fe actively again(ive always hated bs). At best you can sort of hope to draw it out by taking keeps but that's iffy unless you know someone is active and looking for that.

yep.. or you will end up as this guy here

https://gyazo.com/32...f9289d634035c3a

I miss my days ingame :(

Edited by Viscera Resurrected, 30 January 2016 - 02:37 PM.

af1d5567d4793b0f31f94b655a7d13ed.png

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

yep.. or you will end up as this guy here

https://gyazo.com/32...f9289d634035c3a

I miss my days ingame :(

lol

R.I.P  Banned for flagging up.

Viscera Resurrected

Viscera Resurrected

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 25-November 15

lol

R.I.P? you lost all of your toons ? in 1-2 weeks xdDDD ur legit!

I am curious who is leading TNO now, i heard people in steam saying that Cesar is leading TNO :Ha Ha Ha: , #RIPTNO 

Edited by Viscera Resurrected, 01 February 2016 - 04:11 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I am curious who is leading TNO now, i heard people in steam saying that Cesar is leading TNO :Ha Ha Ha: , #RIPTNO 

Well ya... he was perma-banned. If it's bad enough, in the GM's eyes who banned him, they'd remove all of his existing accounts.

Edited by Reaps989, 01 February 2016 - 04:47 AM.

Posted Image

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

Yeah, TNO is dead, not like it was alive that much lately. Cesar got lead but he's offline for 12 days now.  But you made tno 2.0 anyway, so not all lost. And that screenshot you made, you were already banned when foxy rerolled on kohe, don't burn yourself man :) keep playing trove, or there's actually a better way, turn off your steam, launch fe and when you're in game turn the steam back on. 

Well ya... he was perma-banned. If it's bad enough, in the GM's eyes who banned him, they'd remove all of his existing accounts.

I sent a ticket from my unbanned acc saying it's me and if they're not going to unban me might as well ban the last one too, and so they did in a week. 

Viscera Resurrected

Viscera Resurrected

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 25-November 15

Yeah, TNO is dead, not like it was alive that much lately. Cesar got lead but he's offline for 12 days now.  But you made tno 2.0 anyway, so not all lost. And that screenshot you made, you were already banned when foxy rerolled on kohe, don't burn yourself man :) keep playing trove, or there's actually a better way, turn off your steam, launch fe and when you're in game turn the steam back on. 

I sent a ticket from my unbanned acc saying it's me and if they're not going to unban me might as well ban the last one too, and so they did in a week. 

I made TNO 2.0, wth man.. Dont even know about it or you just coming with more fairytales , and about the picture one of my friends sent it with Gyazo to me. i didnt took that pic lol. This dude thinks i am rerolling in FE , think again. if i was back in FE, i would teamed up with you and took TNO for myself ;) and kick all those vistas from our clan, it doesnt make any sense taking over TNO again... you already gave the clan a bad reputation thanks to Valor and you.

Edited by Viscera Resurrected, 01 February 2016 - 07:13 AM.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

I sent a ticket from my unbanned acc saying it's me and if they're not going to unban me might as well ban the last one too, and so they did in a week

So...let me get this straight...

You burn yourself and ask them to ban the last account if they aren't going to unban you, and a week later...they get to it?

tdk_jokerbankrobberyscene.jpg?w=660

What were you doing in the meantime, G1?

I guess the constant stream of APB Reloaded bans from 15-year old hacker kiddies had their hands full...no, wait...FE help channel...they were cleaning up help channel, right?...no wait! They were actually READING the forums to hear what the fan base thinks...right? RIGHT????

Sorry to highjack the thread, but just pointing out another entry from the highlight reel of our diligent GMs. That's like a crack dealer yelling, from a street corner, "I have 25 rocks on me...take me IN!" and a week later, the police finally pick him up (Fun fact: You can get 10 years in jail for the possession of just ONE rock). Nothing changes around here...except maybe who is using what account.

Yy, gonna miss ya...I might have to try Trove now.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

I made TNO 2.0, wth man.. Dont even know about it or you just coming with more fairytales , and about the picture one of my friends sent it with Gyazo to me. i didnt took that pic lol. This dude thinks i am rerolling in FE , think again. if i was back in FE, i would teamed up with you and took TNO for myself ;) and kick all those vistas from our clan, it doesnt make any sense taking over TNO again... you already gave the clan a bad reputation thanks to Valor and you.

There's a simple way to see if george still playing, find him on steam and see when he was last time online, but meh, nobody cares to go to that extend.

You burn yourself and ask them to ban the last account if they aren't going to unban you, and a week later...they get to it?

I guess the constant stream of APB Reloaded bans from 15-year old hacker kiddies had their hands full...no, wait...FE help channel...they were cleaning up help channel, right?...no wait! They were actually READING the forums to hear what the fan base thinks...right? RIGHT????

Sorry to highjack the thread, but just pointing out another entry from the highlight reel of our diligent GMs. That's like a crack dealer yelling, from a street corner, "I have 25 rocks on me...take me IN!" and a week later, the police finally pick him up (Fun fact: You can get 10 years in jail for the possession of just ONE rock). Nothing changes around here...except maybe who is using what account.

:) I tried to appeal for unban from another acc with lvl 3 toon on it, but this time I got banned a little faster. I have no idea by what magic people get unbanned.

Necro

Necro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Joined 31-August 14

shuttt theeee faccckkkkk upppp. these forums were barable for a week before you came back. go back in whatever hole you were hiding in

I AM QWEEN

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

shuttt theeee faccckkkkk upppp. these forums were barable for a week before you came back. go back in whatever hole you were hiding in

lol, there were absolutely nothing on forums for a week.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

lol, there were absolutely nothing on forums for a week.

Yes....there was Qween...which was why you felt there was nothing going on. Qween's just mad because no one really cares whether he's here or not...I leave for a week and everyone notices, especially him. While I'm flattered, Qween, you're much to vulgar and ignorant for my tastes...besides, you're an idiot, and that's huge turnoff...but there's hope for you, yet...Summer Rosewood's back in game...I can make introductions, if you like  :P

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

J.Karter

J.Karter

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Joined 16-October 13

220 pistol skill for small crosshair, DT, overhelm, Social aura, 153 emp, Thermal control 162, Dodje.

Need Support suit(!)

More suitable for teamfights(!)

But if you are new with pistols I would not advise to use it.

http://planer.fallen...1010101010101A2

And you can change aur if you want ofc

Edited by J.Karter, 01 February 2016 - 11:43 PM.

7257964.png

Jane Karter-Kuzmina-Cold Snap-Max Kuzmich

Necro

Necro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Joined 31-August 14

220 pistol skill for small crosshair, DT, overhelm, Social aura, 153 emp, Thermal control 162, Dodje.
Need Support suit(!)
More suitable for teamfights(!)
But if you are new with pistols I would not advise to use it.
http://planer.fallen...1010101010101A2
And you can change aur if you want ofc

you only need 210 pistol skill

I AM QWEEN

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

you only need 210 pistol skill

heh, I heard 210, 212, 214 but not 220 for sure. Is 210 the smallest?

It's hooli babe

It's hooli babe

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 20-January 16

heh, I heard 210, 212, 214 but not 220 for sure. Is 210 the smallest?

I always thought 220 was smallest. :v
Could be wrong tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users