Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Trade stick figures

Well if you want I can animate the stick fighting figures quite well actually.

Inspiration for 3d animation if was good at that. Like, making a whole 3D animation is on my to-do list but...I wanna make a fight scene.

Edited by Bridgette, 07 January 2016 - 05:27 PM.

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Well if you want I can animate the stick fighting figures quite well actually.

Inspiration for 3d animation if was good at that. Like, making a whole 3D animation is on my to-do list but...I wanna make a fight scene.

You could trade with renders lol since you're actively doing that as well. Fight scene would be cool, 3D animation is a pain though. Tried messing with that once just ended up sticking with making 2D keyframed animations.

7auoeeI.png?1 |LNGtQNI.png?1

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

You could trade with renders lol since you're actively doing that as well. Fight scene would be cool, 3D animation is a pain though. Tried messing with that once just ended up sticking with making 2D keyframed animations.

It is a pain...I always felt you could make more stylized choices with 2d animation and get more feeling with it because you're doing it by hand. Or maybe I should just say that I like the feeling that 2D animation can provide vs 3D because for 2D i think of the stick fight animations and then for 3D I think of Monty Oum and Dead Fantasy and RBWY. Both very awesome distinguished styles.

I really only care about fighting animations because they take a LOT of work to make them look amazing. Kinda like fighting choreography irl.

Edited by Bridgette, 07 January 2016 - 07:46 PM.

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

It is a pain...I always felt you could make more stylized choices with 2d animation and get more feeling with it because you're doing it by hand. Or maybe I should just say that I like the feeling that 2D animation can provide vs 3D because for 2D i think of the stick fight animations and then for 3D I think of Monty Oum and Dead Fantasy and RBWY. Both very awesome distinguished styles.

I really only care about fighting animations because they take a LOT of work to make them look amazing. Kinda like fighting choreography irl.

Oh absolutely. You have much more freedom animating in 2D than 3D. Yeah Monty did come up with some insane fight scenes, RIP. Speaking of good fight scene animations, One Punch Man got recently animated by MADHOUSE and a bunch of top tier animators from Japan.

Was blown away at how they animated some of the fight scenes. I've been reading the webcomic and manga for years and never expected an animation team to do this well with it.

Here's one of the fight scenes from it. This is why I prefer 2D animation myself. There's just certain visuals with 2D animation you can't really replicate with 3D.

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11
Oh yeah, I love one punch man. I've kinda fallen off anime because usually the animation itself is kinda poorly excuted but then an anime like OPM comes around and shows me that there is still hope for Japanese animation.

But yeah the way they show the sheer force saitama has with is punches? Definitely would be hard to replicate in 3D. Or the speed factor when he's facing genos.

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4090 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Speaking of animations, sorceress Jenz got me this. :adoration:

Wish I knew somebody who knows an owner of motion capture studio...

Edit: Traditional animation attempt done in Photoshop.

fxBNnu8.gif

Aaand another colored toast

xlMHHNZ.jpg

Edited by Word2, 08 January 2016 - 10:45 AM.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11
I mean, if we really want we could rig up a budget studio. Using either a good Web cam or the kintect

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3103 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

I just recently finished a 2D animation class in December. It was basics, but I learned quite a bit, as much as I hated doing it traditional. I'm kinda looking into doing some test animations in Flash/Toon Boom. Aside from having had to do 2D animation traditional for that class it was actually pretty flexible and fun. Just time consuming since you have to draw the same stuff over and over but shifted slightly each frame.

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. overwatch trash atm.

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Man, One punch man animations are the best!!!

This one is awesome too

Edited by SyllyBear, 08 January 2016 - 08:48 AM.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I recall Slim saying he knew someone who owned a mocap studio or something, no clue where that went.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

I just recently finished a 2D animation class in December. It was basics, but I learned quite a bit, as much as I hated doing it traditional. I'm kinda looking into doing some test animations in Flash/Toon Boom. Aside from having had to do 2D animation traditional for that class it was actually pretty flexible and fun. Just time consuming since you have to draw the same stuff over and over but shifted slightly each frame.

I did that for 3-4 years and went to competitions for it as well where you make a 1 minute animation based around a theme. I mean, me and my partner got reckd each year by some amazing people but we'do pretty good. I mean, whats how i got into college without applying lol.I actually love animating in flash...I should try it again at some point.
My laptop was a touchscreen laptop so I'd draw right on the screen which helps SO much when you have onion skinning on and you need to draw over and over.

The problem was I sucks at drawing? So when I had to do that then my partner would take care of the fine art part of it.

I don't know why I said all of that.

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Oh yeah, I love one punch man. I've kinda fallen off anime because usually the animation itself is kinda poorly excuted but then an anime like OPM comes around and shows me that there is still hope for Japanese animation.

But yeah the way they show the sheer force saitama has with is punches? Definitely would be hard to replicate in 3D. Or the speed factor when he's facing genos.

Yeah same, I rarely watch any sort of anime at all. I don't like all the typical generic mommye. OPM getting animated was a breath of fresh air definitely.

Speaking of animations, sorceress Jenz got me this. :adoration:

Wish I knew somebody who knows an owner of motion capture studio...

Edit: Traditional animation attempt done in Photoshop.

I should just get you to color all my stuff. I put so much focus on anatomy, poses and perspectives that I literally have learned barely anything new about shading within the past like 3 years. Pretty sad. 

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4090 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

I should just get you to color all my stuff.

giphy.gif

But I'm expecting cookie for that.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8457 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

j60679.jpg by riiutshcii

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3103 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

j60679.jpg by riiutshcii

Oooh she finally came through? :o

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8457 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Oooh she finally came through? :o

yes...very slow delivery service!

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1580 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

alright so this took forever but I finished a commission for Sadira (tysm tysm tysm <3). I've never done any commissions of an APB character before. They're HARD but wildly entertaining 

woohoo my first post here in 2D Land

Spoiler

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3103 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

alright so this took forever but I finished a commission for Sadira (tysm tysm tysm <3). I've never done any commissions of an APB character before. They're HARD but wildly entertaining 

Spoiler

more ppl need to throw their money at this guy tbh because im in love <3 <3

NMS5SG2.jpg

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3189 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

Spoiler

i see a case of serious dwarfism here

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1580 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

more ppl need to throw their money at this guy tbh because im in love <3 <3

eyy <3<3

i see a case of serious dwarfism here

well she was supposed to be short so glad i didn't mess that up lol

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4090 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Looks great, especially the gas cat (cat face in the cigarette smoke), but it's a bit pitty those sketchy lines do not follow one direction.

Now me gotta get enough funds and a catapult (cat-a-pult, get it?) to preciselly aim them $ at your person. :)

yv7Wtyf.jpg

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1580 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

Looks great, especially the gas cat (cat face in the cigarette smoke), but it's a bit pitty those sketchy lines do not follow one direction.

Now me gotta get enough funds and a catapult (cat-a-pult, get it?) to preciselly aim them $ at your person. :)

Oh the shading lines? Oh dear god those were the most infinite challenge x_x

After this I'm considering getting one of those markers that are really good for shading for things like this in the future

Ty for the feedback, and eyyyyy <3

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

I like the little cat face in the smoke. 10/10

by riiutshcii

God damn that took forever. You'd think she would've been on that pretty quick. When I was doing commissions I was busting them out within a day or two.

But I'm expecting cookie for that.

Here's your cookie

cf49d1_6ca6b16015e141ddbc67661e4f66ab42.

Edited by SuperToaster, 10 January 2016 - 05:11 PM.

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9515 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

I feel precomplexed at the fact that toaster just talked to himself.

I haven't got the patience, nor the skill, but those stuff you've guys done are pretty damn nice.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

just a little something I did for my friend: Hocha. god bless references. alas, hair still a trouble ;w ; and I draw at 3AM still

Spoiler

`` We're is my mod status ``
JtATN3i.png

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3103 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

just a little something I did for my friend: Hocha. god bless references. alas, hair still a trouble ;w ; and I draw at 3AM still

Spoiler

AHHHH so GOOD <3

NMS5SG2.jpg

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4090 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Anyone else has a feeling that both Staiax and Ritsuchii are heavily inspired by Vestradah's style? I mean, look at them eyes and color palette, even though Staiax's work actually looks like a human being. :Heee:

yv7Wtyf.jpg

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

I feel precomplexed at the fact that toaster just talked to himself.

I haven't got the patience, nor the skill, but those stuff you've guys done are pretty damn nice.

lol wot

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Anyone else has a feeling that both Staiax and Ritsuchii are heavily inspired by Vestradah's style? I mean, look at them eyes and color palette, even though Staiax's work actually looks like a human being. :Heee:

There was a bit of inspiration from it! from the general eyeshape at least but how I did the eye itself was something of my own (95% of it !) I did look into two artists, mainly 1 in particular, who I go to for most of the inspiration/references and what not : P !!

JtATN3i.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3777 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Hmm. Guess I should post some horrible **** that I did here.  Also lol, Word2 actually mentioned that scary... thing... I made for 'em.  Just noticed that.  As Word said, proceed with caution.

What is effort? I ain't got none.

Spoiler

I hope my complete lack of effort hasn't emotionally scarred anyone.

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Hmm. Guess I should post some horrible **** that I did here.  Also lol, Word2 actually mentioned that scary... thing... I made for 'em.  Just noticed that.  As Word said, proceed with caution.

Spoiler

I just...

Everytime y...ou

and I'm like...

And it's like, I can't and I...

I'm just here l...

I... I'm going home.

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Spoiler

More plz.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3103 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

Hmm. Guess I should post some horrible **** that I did here. Also lol, Word2 actually mentioned that scary... thing... I made for 'em. Just noticed that. As Word said, proceed with caution.

Spoiler

i love you

NMS5SG2.jpg

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4090 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Holy cow of New Delhi, not even the best 9gag post these days can make me laugh like what I've just *hic* seen. Damn you *hic*, I just got a *hic*cups...

And I also *hic* demand a drawing of all my toons in Mundi *hic* Calvero style. Killer *hic*.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3777 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Holy cow of New Delhi, not even the best 9gag post these days can make me laugh like what I've just *hic* seen. Damn you *hic*, I just got a *hic*cups...

And I also *hic* demand a drawing of all my toons in Mundi *hic* Calvero style. Killer *hic*.

Oh jeez. Sorry for the hiccups.  Send me a pic of each character and I'll see what I can do lol.  I should get a new tablet. I broke mine a long time ago and I haven't been able to justify buying a new one.  

Annily

Annily

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

xlMHHNZ.jpg

@Word2 teach me colouringgg.  its nice. 

Alk

Alk

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Joined 11-March 14

60001.jpg

Early concept sketch of my character.

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

60001.jpg

Oh it's good to know that I'm not the only person that sketched out their character as a concept at some point.

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

60001.jpg

Is male or female, or both?

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Is male or female, or both?

f29.png

still pissed my pants laughing at that question tho

Edited by Serro, 14 January 2016 - 10:21 PM.

JtATN3i.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users