437 replies to this topic

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3125 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

Discussed it among with a few friends, and decided that since there's other threads out there like for 3D modeling and whatnot, let's have a thread here for any 2D artists out there! Now we know there are a few threads of some specific artists, but let's bring all of us together in this thread for fun. :)

It doesn't matter if you're bad or good, post your stuff here! Your works, works in progress, projects, and other stuff!

Can be any medium. From digital art, to traditional pencil, or painting or whatever else! As long as it's 2D art!

The purpose of this thread is to bring artists together to praise one another, give each other critiques, show progress, etc. Just have fun! Don't be afraid to post your art if you're still new to it and whatnot!

Notes:

1) Do not mock another person's work, saying things like 'ur art sucks', 'ur art is deformed lol', etc. There's a difference between that, and providing actual constructive criticism. If you have nothing nice to say about someone's art, don't say anything at all.

2) Do not mock an artist for their style or the contents of their art. Everyone has their unique styles and there's some things they particularly enjoy drawing. It can be APB related or not APB related. It doesn't matter. We're not here to discourage them from what they want to draw.

This thread is here to encourage artists new and old. Help bring people together and perhaps even bring out even more artists within this community. Help them grow, improve, and be awesome artists as well!

Let's get drawing!

I'll start with some stuff I've been owing Skitty for like a while now. I'm still in the process of trying to get used to coloring digitally.

Spoiler

Edited by Sadira, 10 July 2016 - 04:43 PM.

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. overwatch trash atm.

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4149 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Just a thread I've been looking for! :cheer:

Character portraits and such

8APVZya.png

Drawings, 8bit sprites and chibi heads (+ fsjal Orwell)

rjtY1gF.png

Splash screens, logos and various posters for Jenz's Group photo project

IeIlFyg.jpg

Aaand WIP: Gkings variation of an Asylum poster (based on Baby Tight Eyez's performance in Buck Season 4)

jqwb21B.jpg

Edited by Word2, 27 December 2015 - 04:35 AM.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Annily

Annily

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

heres mine.

annily__cold_san_paro_artwork_by_incbox-

jenz_amaka_artwork___apb_reloaded_by_inc

artwork-el.jpg

ptest.jpg

makingofart.jpg

Edited by Annily, 03 May 2017 - 07:51 AM.

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

y e s s s 

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11
I was hoping to actually put the albums of people who did 2d/traditional drawing on the exporting apb thread too. Really we should just have a proper pinned mega thread for finished works from everyone.

But we do need a 2nd thread for sure. Hopefully bring out more artist.

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Yeah, would be nice. But i would like to see artists drawings and not the ones made by 10yo.

Literally anything anyone would wanna post in here - I'd love to see; done by a 10 year old or not.

Any small sketch or large scale project would be great :^] - it'll help build up motivation to work on stuff when people post their work in search for encouragement. So, please post everyone! :^D

`` We're is my mod status ``
JtATN3i.png

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3125 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

blah

Doesn't matter if you're bad or good, post your stuff here!

Now please refrain from making negative comments, thanks. This is to encourage anyone that's interested in drawing to post here. 

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

I'm so shy to post >. < - but i'll start, post 1 now then another later or 2.

This is what I did in highschool like 2-3 years ago for a project; worked on it heavily for the arms then slowly put in less effort for the folds (now that I look at it, I honestly am 95% I didn't put in proper effort) - but clothes folds are something I still have not fully worked on since I've only been progressing on/off with drawing for a month and a half to two months!

I dont nearly put much time into things now and mainly just spend 20-30 minutes rough sketching things with a pencil.

Spoiler

JtATN3i.png

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Now please refrain from making negative comments, thanks. This is to encourage anyone that's interested in drawing to post here. 

Is not negative, is honest criticism.

But i understand why you add the "doesnt matter if you are good or bad" anyways.

I'm so shy to post >. < - but i'll start, post 1 now then another later or 2.

This is what I did in highschool like 2-3 years ago for a project; worked on it heavily for the arms then slowly put in less effort for the folds (now that I look at it, I honestly am 95% I didn't put in proper effort) - but clothes folds are something I still have not fully worked on since I've only been progressing on/off with drawing for a month and a half to two months!

I dont nearly put much time into things now and mainly just spend 20-30 minutes rough sketching things with a pencil.

Spoiler

Pretty neat anyways. The arm looks a bit long, or is that way? (dont take it bad)

Edited by SyllyBear, 27 December 2015 - 12:31 PM.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Is not negative, is honest criticism.

But i understand why you add the "doesnt matter if you are good or bad" anyways.

Pretty neat anyways. The arm looks a bit long, or is that way? (dont take it bad)

I'm not entirely sure, I don't think it was too long because she(teacher) stressed that we grid it and if you look closely there are some ( + ) marks; so I believe it was as close to proportion as I could have gotten it

this is half of the original that I worked from:

http://duster132.dev...NINJA-452848569

I had to mash together two images and this was one of them.

JtATN3i.png

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

I'm not entirely sure, I don't think it was too long because she(teacher) stressed that we grid it and if you look closely there are some ( + ) marks; so I believe it was as close to proportion as I could have gotten it

this is half of the original that I worked from:

http://duster132.dev...NINJA-452848569

I had to mash together two images and this was one of them.

An easy way to remember it: elbow is almost at the same hight where the last rib is.

The shadowing you gave it is pretty nice.

Ive been watching some time ago coloured (pencil) drawings, some people have so much skil.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

I'll keep that in mind, here's another one; which I drew alongside a friend of mine last night. First real time drawing a female, doing a hoodie, and managing hair; so friggin' hard. Did it really late and just rushed through the smaller details like the zipper and that dumb as hell logo, plus the side face in like 2-3 minutes.

Spoiler

Edited by Staiax, 27 December 2015 - 01:11 PM.

JtATN3i.png

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Lol, making a drawing is not matter on how fast you make it. Its how well you are willing to do it, take your time.

I cant, for example, force me to draw something from nothing. If i am not inspired my drawing will look really bad ;(

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Lol, making a drawing is not matter on how fast you make it. Its how well you are willing to do it, take your time.

I cant, for example, force me to draw something from nothing. If i am not inspired my drawing will look really bad ;(

Yeah, I do these at like 2-3 in the morning sometimes so I do get tired, and I often don't care for small details such as the ones that I rushed through (ultimately didn't NEED to do them) as long as I accomplished the bare minimum of what I was hoping to achieve [Asking someone: `Does it look like at least look like a female``?, if they said 'yes' then I am completely content :) ]

JtATN3i.png

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

So finally ended my apb 2d fan art...

It took me more than half hour and it was made with this

JO3iA5q.jpg

Here it go!

Spoiler

I had to edit some parts with photoshop to censor it.

I hope you like it, i made it with so much love <3

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

Spoiler

l2p you have ATAC!

Still love the pic. xD

Edited by Mr. Obeya, 28 December 2015 - 12:58 PM.

RiotCop (Enf) - From Citadel with love.

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

drew my face guys, PAD SOON! gonna help so my ``shading `` doesn't look like scratch it'll be smoother, hype.

[all lines will be smoother as well too, since everything still comes out looking like a sketch to some extent]

LONG

Spoiler

WIDE

Spoiler

JtATN3i.png

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3125 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

drew my face guys, PAD SOON! gonna help so my ``shading `` doesn't look like scratch it'll be smoother, hype.

[all lines will be smoother as well too, since everything still comes out looking like a sketch to some extent]

LONG

Spoiler

WIDE

Spoiler

Very clean! Me likey. <3

NMS5SG2.jpg

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4149 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

I got this idea few months back, when considering working on that APB themed calendar again: how about we make a special group picture of all creative people of APB? We have drawers and drawettes, 3D magicians, visual wizards, digital painters and hardcore artists like Brandon. How about we reproduce our favourite avatars in any prefered artistic style and then put them together in one picture?

Why? For the glory of Satan, of course! I believe this thread is supposed to gather up creative human beings and other "not-robots", so why don't we work on something both individually and together?

Just an idea.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I got this idea few months back, when considering working on that APB themed calendar again: how about we make a special group picture of all creative people of APB? We have drawers and drawettes, 3D magicians, visual wizards, digital painters and hardcore artists like Brandon. How about we reproduce our favourite avatars in any prefered artistic style and then put them together in one picture?

Why? For the glory of Satan, of course! I believe this thread is supposed to gather up creative human beings and other "not-robots", so why don't we work on something both individually and together?

Just an idea.

But Mooooooom...

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4149 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

But Mooooooom...

How many times do I have to remind you that I am not your legal mother? You are supposed to call me Wilbur.

And if you don't want to play with other kids, there are still some house chores that need to be done.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

How many times do I have to remind you that I am not your legal mother? You are supposed to call me Wilbur.
And if you don't want to play with other kids, there are still some house chores that need to be done.

[rp'ing intensifies]

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Blizzie

Blizzie

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 16-November 15
I'm using an existing non-APB character that's technically a 3D model but I'm converting it to a 2D model to use in FaceRig, and likely my own projects later on. It still counts right? :D
Spoiler

fCssJ.png

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

I'm using an existing non-APB character that's technically a 3D model but I'm converting it to a 2D model to use in FaceRig, and likely my own projects later on. It still counts right? :D

Is the model original?
Also a 2D model?

Blizzie

Blizzie

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 16-November 15

Is the model original?
Also a 2D model?

The character the 3D model is based off of is Miss Monochrome, and the 3D model itself was done by me in 3DS Max and another program PMXEditor (used to prepare models for animation in MMD videos (there's all kinds of them))

The '2D model' is put together in the program Live2D Cubism which is used to animate drawings as if it were psuedo-3D for games, etc.

I simply split the 3D model I made into individual parts and put them together in that program, then I edit the textures to fix parts that would not be shown if the character was completely there. I plan to first animate the model for FaceRig and then I'll take what I've learned to try and actually draw something like one of my APB characters based of any screenshots I still have (roflimbannedsoicantaccesthemingame)

idk. I'm not that great at drawing so maybe I could even do a character that someone else wants done that way.

fCssJ.png

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

The character the 3D model is based off of is Miss Monochrome, and the 3D model itself was done by me in 3DS Max and another program PMXEditor (used to prepare models for animation in MMD videos (there's all kinds of them))

The '2D model' is put together in the program Live2D Cubism which is used to animate drawings as if it were psuedo-3D for games, etc.

I simply split the 3D model I made into individual parts and put them together in that program, then I edit the textures to fix parts that would not be shown if the character was completely there. I plan to first animate the model for FaceRig and then I'll take what I've learned to try and actually draw something like one of my APB characters based of any screenshots I still have (roflimbannedsoicantaccesthemingame)

idk. I'm not that great at drawing so maybe I could even do a character that someone else wants done that way.

Oh that's great. Waiting to see the result.

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Spoiler

Nah.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Just an idea.

That seems pretty neat I'd be down for that.

I'm surprised more people aren't posting. Guess I'll post something.

Little Christmas avatar I sketched up real quick but never finished. Got caught up in too many things at the time so never could finish it during the holidays. I've got some other stuff going but I'll probably post that stuff later on. Nothing too interesting. I'll just edit this post when I do it.

fda111f764.jpg

Here's a couple more things, I work long hours so I can barely get anything going. I'm usually half asleep by the time I get home so I barely have any energy to draw anything. Usually sketch maybe 1-2 things a week if that. Most of my stuff now is heavily unfinished as you can clearly see lol.

2a5axp2.jpg

5tuxc8.jpg

Oh and quick Word chibi just because

de7ffe2d3c.jpg

Edited by SuperToaster, 05 January 2016 - 09:55 PM.

7auoeeI.png?1 |LNGtQNI.png?1

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4149 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Coloring other people's works is sometimes much more fun than your own. :Heee:

doxMKib.jpg

yv7Wtyf.jpg

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Oh wow I adore this. You got her colors down just right, hair eyes, skin, etc... Red hair, green eyes, peachy skin. Hard to see on my phone cause I'm at work right now but I really love this lol. Now I feel obligated to return the favor

Also, you coloring it made it blatantly obvious to me that I forgot to finish the rest of her left hand. Went ahead and fixed that lol...

Edited by SuperToaster, 05 January 2016 - 04:57 PM.

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

doxMKib.jpg

It's so pretty!

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4149 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Oh and quick Word chibi just because

giphy.gif

Art trades... we need to make art trades popular on this forums! I already have my avatar drawn by Toaster (thanks bunches), BrandonBranderson (click with caution) and rendered by Jenz, Bridgette and Roxl, hope I didn't forget anybody...

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Sidezz

Sidezz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts
  • Joined 27-December 14

im no good at drawing but i can work in vector pretty well

here's my drawing, it took a little while... pls be nice

the rank by my name is messed up because drawing the 2nd sword i laughed because the skull looked like a tooth

Z8JRvxj.png

Edited by Sidezz, 06 January 2016 - 01:42 AM.

Sidezz | Straight Fire [NA]

Ascyrii | Common Sense [NA]

Sidezz | hypnotiQ [EU]

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Art trades... we need to make art trades popular on this forums! I already have my avatar drawn by Toaster (thanks bunches), BrandonBranderson (click with caution) and rendered by Jenz, Bridgette and Roxl, hope I didn't forget anybody...

That would be cool. I'd be down for that. I did art trades every once in a while back on dA when I was active. Good way to draw stuff outside your comfort zone which for me would be other people's characters lol.

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

But I suck at drawing...how to art trade?

LilacToaster

LilacToaster

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

Ritsuchii made this for me: :MadTongue: H098Dpm.png

Edited by LilacToaster, 07 January 2016 - 07:30 AM.

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6969 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

doxMKib.jpg

this is too dope.

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

But I suck at drawing...how to art trade?

Trade stick figures

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Im pretty sure she can reach the cookies i couldnt from on top of a high food cupboard.

Edited by SyllyBear, 07 January 2016 - 04:09 PM.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

-Killerskull-

-Killerskull-

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5548 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

"its something" killed me  :Ha Ha Ha:

"Careful not to cut yourself on those edgy words"

vv Clicky licky to watch vids of my city vv