• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lady Max

Lady Max

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 13-December 15

Hey, I have a request/idea for devs, I guess most of the FE community will agree, ALLOW passangers on Cars / Bikes.

The current state just doesn't...really...fit...in.

Cheers!

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

My dear, you must be the user #500 to suggest this.  Congrats.

This won't happen.  Ever.  The dated game engine can't handle it.

Anything that is written in this suggestion forum has and will never ever happen. It's just here for principle.

Edited by MystMan, 16 December 2015 - 05:07 PM.

Hark

Hark

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 08-May 13

that is some sad MOMMYZ! lol The code 4 cuz werds ed steel mommyz right?

Junkshop

Junkshop

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

Allow passenger vehicles?  Pay for the development and they'll make it.  I'd estimate a 3 month development time.  Considering payment for work hours for developers and animators, price of software, and work space rent, I'd say someone has to pony up $300,000 to pay for the development.  Not even joking about that price tag.  I'm probably underestimating the cost.  Especially if I'm way off on the time estimate.

Junkshop - Former FE Dev from 2008 to 2010

"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it." - Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football Head Coach, Knute Rockne, 1918-1930

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Allow passenger vehicles?  Pay for the development and they'll make it.  I'd estimate a 3 month development time.  Considering payment for work hours for developers and animators, price of software, and work space rent, I'd say someone has to pony up $300,000 to pay for the development.  Not even joking about that price tag.  I'm probably underestimating the cost.  Especially if I'm way off on the time estimate.

Problem is actually that FE is still a game based on multiple instances built on top of each other allowing it to be an MMO.

Long story short, regardless of passenger vehicle requests this is exactly what would happen....

• Cause insane amounts of lag.
  • People would vanish, on both ends, randomly causing insane amounts of frustration while amusement for some xD
  • Ultimately be broken as hell outside of controlled instances.

It isn't that multi-mount vehicles are impossible, they just simply aren't going to work 100% of the time since FE basically plays like a modded singleplayer game with people simply joining the same instance.... and people wonder why PVP can lag like hell when they downgraded the servers.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users