• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Crazzyhiipy

Crazzyhiipy

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

hi I just wanted to say that help chat is no longer help topic only it has been overrun with pple using it for there own personal chat chat room.We need Gm's just for help chat to monitor that.Weh nave hzamts yes but really pple  listen to them or just ignore them.we have pple that ask others to stop using it for there own personal chat room and we get "you not a Gm" or some very rude comments. and some names need to be looked at as well  like dickdick or dicky bird I know I had a toon named "The surprisetore" and that did not go so well and now those names are running around.I have a few pple in mind that would love the job me ;) I have been playing the game since 2011 I know just about everything on the game and if you think that i am not that helpful ask my main toon that i use is Just Peachy i also have Crazy Hippy,Ladymystic,Carrie Elizabeth and Nancy Browns. I would love to be a Help Gm. plz and thank you for your time on reading this 

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4492 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

hi I just wanted to say that help chat is no longer help topic only it has been overrun with pple using it for there own personal chat chat room.We need Gm's just for help chat to monitor that.Weh nave hzamts yes but really pple  listen to them or just ignore them.we have pple that ask others to stop using it for there own personal chat room and we get "you not a Gm" or some very rude comments. and some names need to be looked at as well  like dickdick or dicky bird I know I had a toon named "The surprisetore" and that did not go so well and now those names are running around.I have a few pple in mind that would love the job me ;) I have been playing the game since 2011 I know just about everything on the game and if you think that i am not that helpful ask my main toon that i use is Just Peachy i also have Crazy Hippy,Ladymystic,Carrie Elizabeth and Nancy Browns. I would love to be a Help Gm. plz and thank you for your time on reading this 

Eh yu will always find people that are like that in every online game that troll people looking for help but there is some good folks that will help out , and general lobby chat is best chat to ask for help get a better quicker response with people , just ignore the ones who are not helping and will find some that will help out :)

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

eola99

eola99

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Yeah having a GM for :Help: help chat would be a great idea for FE. Just Peachy is really helpful I see her helping a lot of people who are asking for help on something or needing help with something, I think she would be a good one :D

Tomerant

Tomerant

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

From what i saw, community in FE simply drives such ppl away.

You won't see FE player who is here more than 3-4 months acting like that.

This game is "idiot filter" on its own. Stupid people simply can't make it here. 

Elvedin Semanic - solo roamer of Grand Canyon

Tomerant - storage boyo

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

From what i saw, community in FE simply drives such ppl away.

You won't see FE player who is here more than 3-4 months acting like that.

This game is "idiot filter" on its own. Stupid people simply can't make it here. 

It doesn't have to be the same stupid people to mess it up for everybody.  There is simply a constant influx of them all the time, being a F2P game and such.

One leaves, another (or even two) will take its place.

Tomerant

Tomerant

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

As much as it sounds good, I just can't see this accepted.

Giving some player muting powers... nahhh, won't happen.

Trolls are there, will always be there... luckily in FE they don't last long mostly cuz of us - good solid members of community.

Don't be afraid to tell them to shut up, because here, unlike most mmos, community will be on YOUR side.

Whenever I saw someone crossing the line on help-chat I told him to stop and always had support of 3-4 guys at least.

That "troll" would eventually just stop doing his stuff. 

Today I was online for like 4h... yes there was some non-helping type of chat there but it was by no means trolling and insulting.

People just shared some opinions on game and compared it to few others they played... nothing that bad imo.

Edited by Tomerant, 12 December 2015 - 01:29 PM.

Elvedin Semanic - solo roamer of Grand Canyon

Tomerant - storage boyo

Crazzyhiipy

Crazzyhiipy

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

what I meant to say not for Players themselves but have them become a GM for help chat not to feel like they are top dog and I have been playing since 2011 and will continue to play no matter what we just need a GM not just to do the tickets but to monitore help chat 

Jdred

Jdred

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11

There is an ignore feature for a reason. Use it. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mansk

Mansk

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • Joined 22-April 11

Unless something has changed rather drastically, there's usually always a GM online; they may be hidden away from view, lurking in the shadows, but they will strike when they deem necessary.

Giving Wasteland Hazmat volunteers powers to moderate help chat is a nice idea, in theory; however, it's not really something that is easy to regulate given virtually anyone can become a member of the volunteer team. Sure, you can have logs that monitor all moderation actions conducted by the volunteers in question, but at the end of the day the damage/abuse will have already been done and could have rather catastrophic consequences.

Although Hazmat volunteers may not have any actual powers to speak of, their green name can be rather intimidating; they're often mistaken for being Game Masters, which in most situations will cause a new and disruptive player to desist with their behaviour. Of course older players in the community are fully aware of the powers (or lack thereof) that Wasteland Hazmat volunteers have, but, I would like to think that they'd know better than to disrupt help chat and dissuade new players from sticking around.

It should certainly be noted that those whom actively seek power are probably lacking the level of maturity that such power would require to be used responsibly.

[ Fallen Earth Knowledgebase | Help Encyclopedia (FAQ) | Join the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer Team ]

THINK SMART

Check the FAQ/Knowledgebase / Ask in help chat / Contact a Hazmat volunteer directly / Contact a GM.
(Only go straight to a GM if it is an urgent issue that can't be resolved through other means. If there is no GM on, contact support here.

I am no longer part of the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer team, therefore this information is provided "AS IS"

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Kinda like why they wouldn't give Decon colored names, to make sure people didn't assume we were there to do anything except test and provide feedback.

But then again most people got outed from Decon.... happens when you try to bring in-game matters into a testing environment.

Not that it matters now, clear lack of testing now adays.

Edited by Reaps989, 30 December 2015 - 11:06 AM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Jdred

Jdred

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11

Not that it matters now, clear lack of testing now adays.

NOOOOO U LIE SUCH LIE Y U LIE SIT ON THRONE OF LIE.

But for real tho, we tried, derp was too stronk in this one luke. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Crazzyhiipy

Crazzyhiipy

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

No I meant a real GM not a player acting like a Gm or having any ability to mute but an actual GM to help in help chat some who gets paid to do so not a player with control but A GAME MASTER 

Crazzyhiipy

Crazzyhiipy

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

As much as it sounds good, I just can't see this accepted.

Giving some player muting powers... nahhh, won't happen.

Trolls are there, will always be there... luckily in FE they don't last long mostly cuz of us - good solid members of community.

Don't be afraid to tell them to shut up, because here, unlike most mmos, community will be on YOUR side.

Whenever I saw someone crossing the line on help-chat I told him to stop and always had support of 3-4 guys at least.

That "troll" would eventually just stop doing his stuff. 

Today I was online for like 4h... yes there was some non-helping type of chat there but it was by no means trolling and insulting.

People just shared some opinions on game and compared it to few others they played... nothing that bad imo.

No I meant a real GM not a player acting like a Gm or having any ability to mute but an actual GM to help in help chat some who gets paid to do so not a player with control but A GAME MASTER 

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

Having no GM to monitor the help channel is why most of the other Hazmats including myself quit or retired.  G1 wouldn't give Hazmats a temp mute ability to control the nasty stuff in help for legal reasons, yet they provide no watchdog at all now for this game.  They should just make a free Global 1 chat that is available to all players. Allow subs access to Global 2 only.  This has been suggested for many years and is not a new request.  But TBH I don't think  this game will be available for much longer as no one logs in very much for all the many reasons listed by Hazmats/Recons/Decons and other players in every forum topic for many years.

Edited by Mutarenebula, 14 December 2016 - 04:07 PM.

Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Having no GM to monitor the help channel is why most of the other Hazmats including myself quit or retired.  G1 wouldn't give Hazmats a temp mute ability to control the nasty stuff in help for legal reasons, yet they provide no watchdog at all now for this game.  They should just make a free Global 1 chat that is available to all players. Allow subs access to Global 2 only.  This has been suggested for many years and is not a new request.  But TBH I don't think  this game will be available for much longer as no one logs in very much for all the many reasons listed by Hazmats/Recons/Decons and other players in every forum topic for many years.

Lack of actual testing in a orderly manner, rather than rushing unfinished content, killed off Decon.

I enjoy the staff, but if they rush me during my testing without actually fixing everything that's their fault.

Then again the fact no hotfixes have been applied to better Outpost, bugs in Skills/Mutations, or attempts to further balance weapons is disturbing.

The fact they are worried about PVE yet don't just simply add PVE triggers to skills/mutations or even PVE (only) procs to weapons is also hilarious.

Edited by Reaps989, 25 December 2016 - 09:34 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users