Shotgun build

7 replies to this topic

Kalaivanan

Kalaivanan

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 29-October 13

hello does any1 willing to share shotgun build to me? im looking for a tanker build with alot of powers and it dont need to crafter. the build is for pvp

thank for reading this 

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

hello does any1 willing to share shotgun build to me? im looking for a tanker build with alot of powers and it dont need to crafter. the build is for pvp

thank for reading this 

Ok... so a tanky shotgun build and guessing for damage?

And honestly "tanky" doesn't mean a lot, anyone can get fairly solid health. The real question is how high you want your health and do you mind losing something to gain it?

And by "a lot of powers", as in damage or simply to piss people off?

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kalaivanan

Kalaivanan

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 29-October 13

mostly do as high dmg as possible and with good hp, dont know what u mean with "losing something to gain it" but dont need full crafter or something 

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

mostly do as high dmg as possible and with good hp, dont know what u mean with "losing something to gain it" but dont need full crafter or something 

Well "high damage" can mean a few things.

• Multiple armor debuffs.
  • Reasonable power + Armor Debuffs
  • Mutation burst ontop of your normal DPS.

Shotguns have low DPS as it is, but are viable in group vs group due to positioning.

So for a standard build, I'd recommend this

It will give you reasonable durability and solid damage output with 2 stacking armor debuffs. Attack Posture isn't required entirely as a stance tho.

Another option, which I'd recommend, is Telekinesis which is extremely powerful when used properly. Which with this build you make use of Marksman (+Rifle Skill stance) which in turn you will have 3% less armor penetration than the build listed above... but have an extra burst attack along with armor debuff.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Elheo

Elheo

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 10-August 13

http://planer.fallen...101010101010101

power stance+giveem hell+GT offensive suit+green paste+brandy+adrenaline+bolster+ shirt +3 rifle+muscular regulator trinket

and teammate with calibration 7-8 aura

triple armor debuffs+ two slow debuffs+ dot

in AP weapon i recomend HP regen and +1 rifle skill and maybe +30-40 hp

+tent city

+ average creeper serum

Edited by Elheo, 04 January 2016 - 08:14 AM.

Public Enemy

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

http://planer.fallen...101010101010101

power stance+giveem hell+GT offensive suit+green paste+brandy+adrenaline+bolster

and teammate with calibration

triple armor debuffs+ two slow debuffs+ dot

A shotgun needs critical hit... every shotgun user to date has figured out this by now.

And that would cost far to much stamina in the long run. But that isn't bad for an extra snare, but you could always take Sonic for a second snare.

The difference of 141 power vs 153 and 183 power is as follows.

• 141 : 4.3% armor penetration (5.2% after weapon skill so 5%)
  • 153 + Stance (112 power bonus) : 7.8% armor penetration (8.7% after weapon skill so 8%)
  • 183 + Stance (167 power bonus) : 9.5% armor penetration (10.4% after weapon skill so 10%)

The difference in 153 and 183 is minor, it's the extra tools with EA/TK on the original build (Along with Save Yourself) which adds an extra bonus. While the 141 precision loss is 14.2% critical chance re/duction. Thus 1.7 armor penetration is far less than the bonus 14.2% critical chance.

A SIR shotgun the DPS with/without precision.... (7.185 base critical chance after 195 weapon skill)

• Obviously using the values above to modify base damage thanks to power.

141 power/precision

• 14.2 + 7.185 = 21.385% Critcal Chance
  • 207.9 (208) base damage per shot w/o crit
  • 115.5 (119) DPS due to power.
    • 140.19 DPS with critcal hits factored.

153 power and 141 precision

• 142 + 7.185 = 21.385 Critcal Chance
  • 213.84 (214) base damage per shot w/o crit
  • 118.8 DPS due to power.
    • 144.20 DPS with critical hits factored

183 Power and 0 Precision

• 7.185% Critcal Chance
  • 217.8 (218) base damage per shot w/o crit
  • 121 DPS due to power.
    • 129.69 DPS with critical hits factored

So yes, power nets the highest "base" DPS. But honestly if you aren't going precision you're hurting yourself. You might as well go TK/Primal without Empathic (And going 186 FA) if you plan to go without precision.

The free 5% critical chance base and 2.185 critical chance from weapon skill is the only reason power is the "best" source of DPS.

All critical chance should come from precision and all armor penetration should come from power. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Reaps989, 04 January 2016 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image

Elheo

Elheo

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 10-August 13

A shotgun needs critical hit... every shotgun user to date has figured out this by now.

And that would cost far to much stamina in the long run. But that isn't bad for an extra snare, but you could always take Sonic for a second snare.

The difference of 141 power vs 153 and 183 power is as follows.

• 141 : 4.3% armor penetration (5.2% after weapon skill so 5%)
  • 153 + Stance (112 power bonus) : 7.8% armor penetration (8.7% after weapon skill so 8%)
  • 183 + Stance (167 power bonus) : 9.5% armor penetration (10.4% after weapon skill so 10%)

The difference in 153 and 183 is minor, it's the extra tools with EA/TK on the original build (Along with Save Yourself) which adds an extra bonus. While the 141 precision loss is 14.2% critical chance re/duction. Thus 1.7 armor penetration is far less than the bonus 14.2% critical chance.

A SIR shotgun the DPS with/without precision.... (7.185 base critical chance after 195 weapon skill)

• Obviously using the values above to modify base damage thanks to power.

141 power/precision

• 14.2 + 7.185 = 21.385% Critcal Chance
  • 207.9 (208) base damage per shot w/o crit
  • 115.5 (119) DPS due to power.
    • 140.19 DPS with critcal hits factored.

153 power and 141 precision

• 142 + 7.185 = 21.385 Critcal Chance
  • 213.84 (214) base damage per shot w/o crit
  • 118.8 DPS due to power.
    • 144.20 DPS with critical hits factored

183 Power and 0 Precision

• 7.185% Critcal Chance
  • 217.8 (218) base damage per shot w/o crit
  • 121 DPS due to power.
    • 129.69 DPS with critical hits factored

So yes, power nets the highest "base" DPS. But honestly if you aren't going precision you're hurting yourself. You might as well go TK/Primal without Empathic (And going 186 FA) if you plan to go without precision.

The free 5% critical chance base and 2.185 critical chance from weapon skill is the only reason power is the "best" source of DPS.

All critical chance should come from precision and all armor penetration should come from power. But that's just my opinion.

with setup what i propose, here 526 power and 3 armor debufs - overwhelm+dent armor+sabotage...

about whatta hell precision you speak now ? power good work with debuffs and slow weapon. precision in that patch - its some like from sci-fi...

Edited by Elheo, 04 January 2016 - 01:00 PM.

Public Enemy

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

with setup what i propose, here 526 power and 3 armor debufs - overwhelm+dent armor+sabotage...

about whatta hell precision you speak now ? power good work with debuffs and slow weapon. precision in that patch - its some like from sci-fi...

Which I gave the % armor penetration difference as an example. You will never have more bonus armor penetration than what i listed above.

So you have a 3.5% bonus at 153 with stance and 5.2% bonus at 183 with stance over 141 power.

All other sources of power are able to be earned, thus the values above show how much "more" you will have if both players have the same gear/buffs.

Precision works fine, power simply is a lot stronger than it used to be.

Edited by Reaps989, 04 January 2016 - 01:52 PM.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users