How to use AP

4 replies to this topic

Richardwilson456

Richardwilson456

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-October 15

I'm a total noob, i've loads of AP stored up but don't know how to use them.  Do i have to see a perticular character or somthing.  I've skimed the forums and stuff but can't find out how i'm supposed to redeem them.  Also i've just bought a more powerfull gun, but it does less damage than the one i started with.  I've also crafted some more powerful ones but they also do less damage than my starter gun.  I'm totally confused.  Can anyone help.

max79

max79

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 15-February 13

To spend AP press V it will open your Attributes planer to spend points.
Stats- intel and perception will influence your tradeskills so if
 you want to craft/scavenge,harvest you will have to add points there.
For weapons if you will use pistols/shotguns/rifle you want to add points in dexterity
 for melee coordonation and strenght.
Now when you craft your weapon check her Attack skill and if and add go in to
 SKill tab on Atributes and add add points there.
like Sportsman's Slugthrower has -Attack skill --Rifle 10 so you will have to add 10 AP in to rifle skil same for melee and other weapons.
Also you can double click on stats skills to see what they do and theyr level os skills that you can buy from trainers in embry and other towns.
Hope this can help you a bit for start.

PokPaul

PokPaul

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 11-June 14

Plan your build using a character planner:

http://planer.fallen-earth.ru/

Figure out what you want to do, pve, pvp, craft, weapon type, etc.  Crafters are generally better off with rifles/pistols because they use perception as do tradeskill.  Check build guide and guide to skills and mutation pinned above.  As the skill guide notes, passive skills come in steps (i.e. general resist bonus from armor use goes up every 13 points, IIRC, so any points in-between give exactly no bonus and would only be useful if unlocking an ability). 

Also, remember you can only run one stance/aura at a time, so deciding which ones you are going to use and what skill/mutation is required is a good idea. 

There is no real right or wrong, whatever works for you, unless you're a hardcore min/maxer who has to squeeze a benefit from every ap spent.

Plan a build and post it here with what you're trying to accomplish, you'll likely get helpfu feedback, I know I have.

Your friendly neighbourhood quartermaster.

Castagere

Castagere

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-November 14

I'M new also and i feel like it. I didn't know about these points at all. I must have missed the ingame text about these points. Got to level 3 before i notice them.

dxQ

dxQ

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

yeah now i know whats happening lol! :D ty

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users