Photo

Mission Rewards Refinement (perm F2P guns concept)

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5305 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

For a while now I've been kicking around the idea of recommending old unused fight club rewards be put to use. Originally I thought they could be given out via the joker ticket store. Certainly not my best plan. In-fact that was a rather silly idea looking back. Now with this most recent update they've added additional free content through an intriguing means. A very rare mission reward will provide you with an IO Growl and announce it to the district. There's a small chance each mission you win of receiving it.

Well. That gave my concept a bit more oomph. What I suggest is that the old unused fight club rewards such as the CSG 'Lycan' be utilized as extremely rare mission rewards. These weapons were put into the game, but never saw the light of day despite being completed assets. I propose that any completed but unused assets not deemed worthy enough for armas be re purposed for mission rewards. These items do not need to be skinnable nor even have open slots. They can in most cases be left as-is. The purpose would be simply to provide a chance at providing more content with minimal development time.

Example rewards system:

Very rare (scaling rarity as duration increases): 1/3/7/14/30 day lease CSG 'Lycan' - broadcast through district

Extremely rare (average per 365 days for an active player to achieve): character permanent CSG 'Lycan' - broadcasted through server

Why Gamersfirst should care

Quite sure that many of you are going to look at this post like I have three heads from here on out. I think that G1 should have a reason to want to do this. If it harms income there's no purpose to it. Yet at the same time it cannot be so unfair that people feel as if they will never attain it. Commonly rewards of this nature take around half a year to a year to obtain on F2P titles. Thus where this rough estimation for my example comes from. My thought process is that if they remain rare, yet still attainable so people will want to play. A "carrot on a stick" if you will.

Now if people want to play there's an increased chance they purchase armas goods. The daily system gets them to log in, but it does not give them a reason to play. This would alleviate the missing part of this problem. I'm sure many of you have at one point or another simply logged in to check your dailies then saw no good reason to actually play. That's the very same aspect I hope to address.

Showing who wins what means people get to see that someone is indeed getting rewarded for playing. If people don't know these rewards exist then it does nothing. Broadcasting it makes the ones whom are less active in the community have the opportunity to become aware of these items. With a server wide broadcast giving someone a bit of bragging rights to boot. Win-win.

The best part for Gamersfirst is that rewards through a system such as this can be adjusted quickly. If the rates are far too high that can be corrected. Not to mention that the IO Growl 1-slot reward should provide valuable information on what a good drop rate of these items could be. There's very little guess-work needed with hard statistics on this type of reward already available in a live environment.

I've already touched on this last bit. So I won't spend too horribly long on it as I do not want to sound overly repetitive. The assets I am talking about already exist. They don't need skin support since they seemed to have been the set skin type rewards prior to the weapon skinning system. They were seemingly unused fight club rewards. One of those items is even sold on armas, but never sold well. If they are usuable - why not put them to use? Right now they are wasted resources. Someone spent time making them for nothing. That is money being thrown away.

In short; we would get more reason to play and win missions plus finally have free permanent weapons. G1 would see more use from existing systems and previously completed unused assets. Perhaps even increased sales because of those people staying logged in for longer periods.

Primary goals/reason for this suggestion:

• Encourage people to play after logging in
  • Give F2P players something to strive for
  • Boost active player count
  • Increase armas sales by improving player exposure
  • Implement long requested permanent weapons for F2P users without impacting armas sales
  • Utilize existing systems and content - effective use of existing materials. Low cost in theory.

More information on the current system in-place and how the IO Growl reward functions: http://forums.gamers...there-a-growl…/

Please note that this entire post is a rough pass on the concept. I have not yet had the time to fully flesh out the concept nor theories as to why this could function well for both Gamersfirst and the players alike. So if you see something wrong I am quite sorry for that.

Edited by Genobee, 16 September 2015 - 06:27 PM.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3721 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Also, unused assets such as the old model for the ALIG and the Unknown SMG (Daewoo K7) should see some light as new weapons too.

Joker, North American Server-Forever

Israel(Enforcer)\\\_/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\_///Tremeria(Criminal)

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1489 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

Also, unused assets such as the old model for the ALIG and the Unknown SMG (Daewoo K7) should see some light as new weapons too.

I doubt a currently unused model would be exclusively achieveable that way. (Yeah, you did not say that but it sounded like that)
OT: I like the general idea but I think the chance should increase by a mix of playtime, kills/assists and amount of missions done (or stages - to prevent "farming")
It's okay to use some old FC rewards in my opinion - I mean... they released almost everything that was exclusive at some point...

Edited by neophobia, 17 September 2015 - 01:30 AM.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2138 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13

Actually G1 should completely change their mentality towards the game. From always they didn't give a gosh darn about F2P features (even though the game should actually be F2P) and instead focus exclusively on Armas content.

If you people didn't understand, they don't care about pushing people to play, but just have as many sales as they can.

I hope heartly that your suggestion could be actually listened, but from G1 sadly I don't expect much...

Edited by XRey360, 17 September 2015 - 03:33 AM.

Give me a Cookie <3

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5305 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

I doubt a currently unused model would be exclusively achieveable that way. (Yeah, you did not say that but it sounded like that)
OT: I like the general idea but I think the chance should increase by a mix of playtime, kills/assists and amount of missions done (or stages - to prevent "farming")
It's okay to use some old FC rewards in my opinion - I mean... they released almost everything that was exclusive at some point...

The items I am talking about showed up in the games files at the same time as the initial fight club rewards yet were never released. Many of them sported names remniscent or identical to what would become skins. They appeared to simply be early skinned weapons with set skins, and titles. Just as the ones used for fight club had.

They are not old fight club rewards. Sorry if my post was unclear. I know it was a bit rough at points.

Edited by Genobee, 17 September 2015 - 03:37 AM.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

They are not old fight club rewards. Sorry if my post was unclear. I know it was a bit rough at points.

Those would be a perfect fit, though.

Spoiler

APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

RipperNL

RipperNL

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 28-August 12

Very good idea, i aggree

NAME: Azazell     RipperNL     Grimhammer     Keldiir     ArcZ     Ratec   

RANK:    255             255                   30                 100         210         45
Citadel                                                                   

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5305 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

Those would be a perfect fit, though.

Without a doubt. There was a reason I didn't bring them up. I had this fear other posters would think I was talking about the leasable rewards. Those are more or less legacy "trophies" at this stage. I did not want to give the impression that my suggestion would impede on that in any form.

Fortunately you've listed off all the non-leasable rewards (save for the "viper"). Those would be a good fit since there's no reason for them not to return. They were temporary back in the day with no particular value behind them. Since then they've quite literally faded into obscurity since many of them only existed for a few weeks at most.

Thank you for bringing that up. I'm not sure I would have otherwise.

Edited by Genobee, 17 September 2015 - 08:35 AM.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1489 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

Oh, I didn't even know that. Rewards or not, both would be fine in my opinion, especially because they might be unobtainable right now - but aren't exclusive in terms of model, skin or mods (at least most of them, I guess) so itvs nothing to really bother about.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

PrincessTwilight

PrincessTwilight

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2461 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

Could the permanent versions be tradeable? Making them sort of a F2P legendary gun.

San Paro City Mentor (SPCM)

PrincessTwilight - Jericho, Han

PrincessTwi - Citadel

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5305 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

Could the permanent versions be tradeable? Making them sort of a F2P legendary gun.

To me that is being too generous and having it impact more than one might think at first. It would add numerous layers to the situation as a whole. Both in terms of potential for loss of revenue while requiring it to be factored into multiple additional systems that would increase the amount of time/money needed to make it a possibility.

I feel there is already more than adequate incentives for wanting these items. Right now I'm trying to keep the idea as streamlined as possible without adding anything to increase the theoretical cost for Gamersfirst. That was the concept behind using the approach I did in my original post. Most of the groundwork should already be done with maintaining it taking as little resources as possible.

Edited by Genobee, 17 September 2015 - 01:57 PM.

spenco44

spenco44

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1461 posts
  • Joined 27-December 14

I think the K7 has a name on other versions.

It's the Joker-C9SD EX-III or something, it's meant to be part of the C9 guns but we never got to see it :s

Perhaps it was part of a clothing pack which fell through? I believe around that time G1 were releasing the whole "4099 G1C for a Car Kit, Outfit and Gun" packs.

CUTVsib.png7eEWFxS.png3rjRhBG.pngCZJij79.pngBPVuVk2.pngdK2thod.pngDwWvPiQ.pngeAjBa9t.pnglEj3oJG.png75ez1Gw.pnggMp5ZmI.pngO339uke.png8YIbXNw.pngAr1FUUY.png

APB is designed to be kind of like rock, paper, scissors with its niches, but the HVR is when that annoying kid no one likes just shakes his hand around and goes "BOOOOMM!!!!! ATOMIC BOMB I WIN!!!!!"

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

Good read.

5/5'd

+1'd

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Not only with guns, they can show their appreciation for the people who play their game with other rewards such as a simple clothing item every month or even extra design slots (symbols, cars, clothing) there is so much they can do to make people log in each and everyday.

`` We're is my mod status ``
JtATN3i.png

AnteUp

AnteUp

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

This is actually a nice idea that i'd like to see happen, but i have one question, that CSG Lycan, i've never heard of it before, and i can't find info or it, what is it?

TheBlademaster1215

TheBlademaster1215

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1644 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14

potential for loss of revenue.

The mentality that free guns for free players is a loss in revenue is a VERY wrong and very toxic mentality. Acknowledging such a thought is just. Wrong.

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

-- Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision

"being a sap generally gets you removed from the gene pool." -- Based god Immersion

Tsuyara

Tsuyara

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4178 posts
  • Joined 05-September 13

Implement long requested permanent weapons for F2P users without impacting armas sales

I'd rather allow f2p players to earn G1C for that purpose. I don't really like the idea of having this be based on RNG, i think we got enough of that already. I wouldn't mind seeing old unused content be some rare drop, but i personally rahter have the actual solution for perms for f2p users be a way to steadily earn g1c, as this would remove the barrier between a payed user and a free one, introducing many who haven't bought a single thing into armas and significantly increasing the chances they might buy again and, as the process would be appropiately slow, maybe speed it up a bit by spending some actual cash. Would also reduce the perception of apb as a p2w game.
I think your idea is decent enough for those special items, though i think the core problem of perm for f2p should be solved by a more consistent system.

My steam name is Tsuyara, send me a friend request if you want. Ingame: Tsuyara Enforcer on all servers. Offline
I love everyone including you. If i can do something for you just message me.

TheFreelancer

TheFreelancer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Joined 09-February 12
Good job this is some thought through stuff! I would like this, more people will play and keep playing.

FragMeister92

FragMeister92

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 17-August 15

Actually G1 should completely change their mentality towards the game. From always they didn't give a gosh darn about F2P features 

I wonder how people like you be ungrateful for what g1 are doing for us ! RAF was moreeee than enough for F2P content ! wide selection of account bound weapons ! cars ! skins ! clothing ! Also the legendaries are pretty much weak.. we all know that. Yes we do have some exceptions like armas only stuff (CSG). But hey they need to pay for the servers right ????  

Edited by FragMeister92, 31 January 2016 - 08:20 PM.

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2138 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Apb comunity.

if you pay for armas = P2W

if you dont spend any money Your a hacker reroll

If you see someone else spend money Their supporting servers? NO they bought account lifetime atacs and 4x4's -.-

Solution.

Supporting servers? buy clothe packs car kits Not Crutches 

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users