Spoiler

Doozer

Doozer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 16-January 16

I cant see APB becoming a live action movie, at all.  A CG TV Show or Miniseries would be more likely, would also need to be heavily community involved too.

Netflix original.

Though i would be happier if they just stuck with the contacts and didn't add any players in there.

RTW CBT Vet - G1 CBT Vet
"APB:R - Beating a dead horse since 2010"

Playluxe

Playluxe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 15-December 12

G1 never can't afford a movie like this and wouldn't do it anyway. It also would make much more sense to make the trailers and (short)movies for APB with the ingame engine (after the upgrade) and motion capturing. This way, viewers can be entertained and also see how the game actually looks like, so they won't be disappointed about the graphics at the end.

Best example: Rockstar Games. They've never used some rendered CGI trailers to promote their games. They're using in-engine footage only, so the people know, they'll get what they see and won't be disappointed.

Edited by Playluxe, 02 January 2017 - 05:31 AM.

qngcnpem.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3814 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

If it was an animated or CGI movie, they could get the guy that voiced Soldier 76 in Overwatch to voice Byron Bloodrose.  They sound similar enough.  Oh wait.

zaganstoanes

zaganstoanes

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-May 12

Why would a movie company ever include epicgoat, skitty and kempinton? Im not saying they are not well known in the game but most movie companies are not going to look for us every day players instead would focus more on the story line and come up with thier own person to be a star crim and enforcer because you cant get the full story just by showing one faction's side and not the other.

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4146 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Why would a movie company ever include epicgoat, skitty and kempinton? Im not saying they are not well known in the game but most movie companies are not going to look for us every day players instead would focus more on the story line and come up with thier own person to be a star crim and enforcer because you cant get the full story just by showing one faction's side and not the other.

KittyLanah has already disagreed with players' avatars being in the movie, my reply was following.

We all know that the movie will never happen (if nothing else, G1 will never give up their copyrights), so instead of making this thread about lore based movie with the original game characters only, I also included suggestion options for others' avatars. Extras, you know?

This thread is about poops and giggles, you know? More than actual actors, people should seek for real life personas who look like either their own, or preset characters.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Gro

Gro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

No idea why someone suggested that guy for Estebano, i was always sure he even had his face modelled after Benicio del Toro.

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

I just love this thread.

how can you ignore the obvious. 

Who will play Templeton?

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic