6 replies to this topic

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
Hi, enjoying my time in the wastelands but have a bit of a dilemma :) ive reached level 18 and after struggling hrough Kingman quests I stumbled across Coppermine a few more towns around that area and now in Oilville. Well now lets say its been easy (seems I should have done these quests before Kingman) but I'm a sucker for doing quests just to explore the area and content. I've now took the plunge to head north following the atv and you dying questlines and doing quests I come across (picked up a few in the Pass still little xp) thanks if your still following now here's my dilemma. I'd like to carry on levelling but I'm worried my trade skills will be too low to help me progress to Sector 2... Can that happen? My ballistics skill is 70 and my armour smith skill is 75...are they high enough to help me through sector 2?

Any advice will be great fully appreciated :)

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Hi, enjoying my time in the wastelands but have a bit of a dilemma :) ive reached level 18 and after struggling hrough Kingman quests I stumbled across Coppermine a few more towns around that area and now in Oilville. Well now lets say its been easy (seems I should have done these quests before Kingman) but I'm a sucker for doing quests just to explore the area and content. I've now took the plunge to head north following the atv and you dying questlines and doing quests I come across (picked up a few in the Pass still little xp) thanks if your still following now here's my dilemma. I'd like to carry on levelling but I'm worried my trade skills will be too low to help me progress to Sector 2... Can that happen? My ballistics skill is 70 and my armour smith skill is 75...are they high enough to help me through sector 2?

Any advice will be great fully appreciated :)

As long as you have weapons within 5-10 levels of your intended level, first aid, decent health, and empathic you should be perfectly fine.

Tradeskill isn't required to level, but it can help if you can get your skills high enough along with mats to self-sustain. I should really finish my low level videos to show it's possible to level to 55, fund the character, and simply earning enough chips for a bike/gas while selling off weak bio chems (yes to an NPC) from rats.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
Thanks for taking the time out to answer my question :)

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Thanks for taking the time out to answer my question :)

Anytime, feel free to PM me on the forum or steam if you have more questions. I'll keep an eye on this thread if you post here as well with a question.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
Thanks for the response. I was worried about keeping trade skills high because there seems to be little (or maybe zero would be a better description) crafted armour past level 11? This also goes for rifles. Can I still upgrade my gear, or am I dependant on my own crafting skills or need to find clan/crafter for gearing purposes?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Thanks for the response. I was worried about keeping trade skills high because there seems to be little (or maybe zero would be a better description) crafted armour past level 11? This also goes for rifles. Can I still upgrade my gear, or am I dependant on my own crafting skills or need to find clan/crafter for gearing purposes?

It would be faster to find a clan to help you, if anything request if you can go harvesting with them for the materials they need if there is a harvester that can be used them.

If not, simply offer to pay them back later. Once you're a higher level it is considerably easier to earn chips, thus far easier to reach max crafting.

Sadly FE has had insane nerfs to it's areas which had reasonable nodes to farm, thus far more efficient to work with a group when crafting.

Edited by Reaps989, 30 August 2015 - 05:04 AM.

Posted Image

baddog

baddog

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 24-June 15

The only thing id add is to make sure your scavenging, geology and nature skills are as high as possible before leaving s1, cause they are a pain to come back for later when you realise there is nothing in s2 you can gather.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users