Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Welcome Citizens!

As you know, APB in orginal had a district called MidTown in the first concept, later it had been developed as Financial district as we know it now.

But the reality is that the entire Midtown had been infested by zombie and civilian mutated !

That's why is it closed! Is in quarantine!

But know, players are stronger, ready, and active for defend the city and reconquer the lost district!

The District Z

The KellyEngineTM works^^

now we need more contents.

update game sysV14

old releaseV10

old release v5

After a lot of job, experiments, test, coding, research, modelling i reached this little results, a playable area with some special features.

Is it still not complete at all, and need a lot of optimitations.

Principal issue is that every character (with an Artificial Intelligence, AI ) need to run own cycle of code,instead should be marvellous have only one instance that check the AI between every object. (is like have only one referee in a match and not one referee for every player) 

Secondary issues are about the view of gameplay , San Paro is an open space, very large, is better sacrifice the details and have more deep vision or gain details and restrict vision (maybe with fog effect or night time)

About the gameplay there are different mode to handle a zombie shooter; the game should be like L4d2 (complete levels until end of mission) or an endless surviving stage very large (like DeadRising) ? (Note : if the Online part will be developed there will be new Coop-Versus decision to make)

If some serious people, with free time, basic python knowledge, good modelling skill, high gaming experience want to join this map experiment can contact me in PM in this forum.

in my signature there is a link for learn how export model and the base of Blender 3d modelling program.

At the moment i really need a skilled coder in python/BGE/Blender , a props modeller with good skill in modelling LOD levels in a mesh, and possibly a texture editor with decent experience in photo editing.

in some case, if the contribution of jobmate is really good and detailed in every technical requests (like size,LoD,textureUV ) there will be good rewards ingame (like APB$ Milions, Cars+Kits, Armas Gifts)

best regards.

Edited by Queen of Love, 02 March 2017 - 07:47 AM.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3867 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

After optimizations u will provide to ur game give me client to it ! :)

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

After optimizations u will provide to ur game give me client to it ! :)

at the moment...there is only the Client side XD 

maybe in next future a Server Side will exist XD

Sophiie

Sophiie

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 02-March 11

Why not use Unity for this project? Blender should be able to export to Unity, and it's already an established game engine which will probably do what you need to without all the python and proprietary model formats. Especially for a single player game.

Sophii - Jolby R255

Sophiie - Citadel (?)

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Why not use Unity for this project? Blender should be able to export to Unity, and it's already an established game engine which will probably do what you need to without all the python and proprietary model formats. Especially for a single player game.

i donT master Unity. 

edit: many issues are related due to coding, not of type of game engine.

For example: Unity and Blender can have similar/different "Steering"* logic (*the AI for follow a target inside a Navigation map)

but i need a complex structure that optimize the resources, for example ,with running this "Steering" properties only for the Obj that is using it, and dont run it always and in every obj.

Edited by Queen of Love, 27 August 2015 - 02:45 AM.

thelinux

thelinux

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1324 posts
  • Joined 25-December 13

needs an engine upgrade

Just kidding nice job seriously

Avair | thelinux | thellinux | imthelinux - Citadel EU

YouTube <> Steam <> Twitch

xf4tg4.png

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

done!

wanna play against zombies with your char? _(*--*)_ help Kelly's ingame APBR Foundation for Orphans with a symbolic contribute !! ! 5xzk7.jpg

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

What foundation??

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14
Are you going to put this on Greenlight?

RiotCop (Enf) - From Citadel with love.

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4976 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

Good luck Kelly :)

EllixOnline dw_EX2_Hi.png Citadel EU

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Are you going to put this on Greenlight?

is just an addon XD

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14

You never cease to amaze me... I wish I knew some coding and could be of help... Keep it up!  :Rock:

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

You never cease to amaze me... I wish I knew some coding and could be of help... Keep it up!  :Rock:

One day my screen will show this:

Spoiler

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Custom  mod on demand ^--^ (cars, characters infected)

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

note: the hair of Bridgette are fixed with correct color in official addon

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4976 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

Sweet :) 

How about replacing some of the guns with APB guns?+

EllixOnline dw_EX2_Hi.png Citadel EU

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Sweet :)

How about replacing some of the guns with APB guns?+

cause the apb guns are just a renaming of current weapons inside l4d2.

but maybe for the skin is possible do something.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

ipplao.jpg

fixed the names in HUD!

next step: the hands in first camera view!

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Hello Modders.

As i promised Loooong time ago, i am working on a special "Kelly's  Engine Upgrade" for "APB: District Z" project.

At the moment the new code is able to:

1. Initialize the obj, recognizing prop,special features
  2. Manage the AI of obj, assign target, actions, props
  3. Allow more than one player in lan.
  4. Manage the LOD 
  5. Set a default value to any obj prop if something goes wrong and avoid crash.

Now the next goal is:

1. Online version playable.(at the moment the lan works, but FTP online not ç_ç)
  2. Biggest map ( due to geometry of obj, a map need a standard in every details, for avoid stucked characters)
  3. More action/ interaction (at the moment you can "just" fight, i'am working also on "summon", "heal","relax" interaction)
  4. More friendly menu (at the moment i am the only one on earth that understand it) XD
  5. hit the 60fps+ in extreme conditions (optimize the obj to lower LOD when situation needs)

help required ( and i know u can do it):

a good generous modeller that build a Low Low details of APBR generic mesh with Same UVMap reference (at the moment my Lod for apbR are just broken in uv, should be nice have:

male/female APB low lod = 50% of faces of original

male/female apb LowLow Lod = 10% of face of original (just a stick character like mokujin)

vehicle/vegas/fresno/moirai/ceresco/varzuga Low lod = 30% of original

vehicles as above LowLow lod = 5% of original.

help required (i doubt u could do it, but lets try)

a coder for a script that:

automatically generates a dynamic textures for certain material (like water, wind moving leaf,fire)

like this:

def changeTexture(obj,mat,[tex1,tex2,tex3],[uvX,uvY],type)

where uvX and uvy are the speed of uv axys change

type means diffuse/normal/warp texture type

automatically generates mesh deforming in certain condition:

like a crash an hard hit on a car/wall/bigObject

def changeMeshDef(obj,elasticity,resistence)

example for explain elasticity resitence values:

softgum is 100 elasticity and 0 resitence

tyres gum is 100 elasticity and 90 resistence

concrete is 0 elasticity and 100 resistence

steel chassis is 50 elasticity and 80 resistence

steel plate is 90 elasticity and 100 resistance

when a ray/attack/collission hits the obj  code should generate an empty that deform all the vertex mesh around them (in order to elasticity and resistence)

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14
Is this for the L4D2 mod or the game you were making in Blender game engine?
For what you're making BGE is a mommy choice.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Is this for the L4D2 mod or the game you were making in Blender game engine?
For what you're making BGE is a mommy choice.

the L4D2 mods are just an unexpected results of the study around my little mini-mini game.

the bge is not the top ok, we  all know it, but;

is simple to code, modify, destroy, rebuild, destroy again, fix, change and enjoy.

use python.

the modeller is just a gameengine without logic bricks,  and this help a lot!

3Dmax is arab, and game engine will be worst

Unreal Engine 4 is still chinese for me. And it seems top player while stay on restroom, training, but not strong in match.

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

Unreal Engine 4 is still chinese for me. And it seems top player while stay on restroom, training, but not strong in match.

It's best to learn the top choices because learning crapware from the start will give you problems in certain fields. It's like learning Windows movie maker to do montages for Hollywood instead of learning Premier.

You'll be better of with BP and C++, also I believe there's enough content to copy-paste for UE4 if that's what you're talking about.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

It's best to learn the top choices because learning crapware from the start will give you problems in certain fields. It's like learning Windows movie maker to do montages for Hollywood instead of learning Premier.

You'll be better of with BP and C++, also I believe there's enough content to copy-paste for UE4 if that's what you're talking about.

should be nice if i could model  on Blender and then use UE4 for code game.

Annily

Annily

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

I just wish play with my character L4D 1 time..

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

I just wish play with my character L4D 1 time..

need have L4d2 first XD

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3710 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

should be nice if i could model  on Blender and then use UE4 for code game.

I managed to get my character imported to UE4 and use the basic skeleton and animations that's included with it, I'll post a screenshot later after I get home from work.  Maybe I'll record a video.  Kinda funny though, since the model wasn't made for that skeleton in particular the shoulders are weird and shrugged up to about ear height.  Running and everything looks somewhat natural if you ignore the shoulders.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 01 July 2016 - 07:02 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

I managed to get my character imported to UE4 and use the basic skeleton and animations that's included with it, I'll post a screenshot later after I get home from work.  Maybe I'll record a video.  Kinda funny though, since the model wasn't made for that skeleton in particular the shoulders are weird and shrugged up to about ear height.  Running and everything looks somewhat natural if you ignore the shoulders.

post video here.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3710 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

post video here.

Alrighty, I'll make a video after I get home from work tonight.  Just 7 more hours until I can leave, woohoo   :'D

EDIT: Workin on editing the video right now. 

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 01 July 2016 - 07:16 PM.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3710 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Okay its done :D

Some... uh... other stuff happened too...

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 01 July 2016 - 09:19 PM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

disappointed-parents.jpg

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3867 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Mirror's Edge 3 :troll_face:

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Annily

Annily

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

Can you teach me? how to import character with working animations in Unreal Engine 4 ? 

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3710 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Can you teach me? how to import character with working animations in Unreal Engine 4 ? 

Well, the somewhat successful try is from a while ago, while the scary one was a recent attempt so I don't remember 100%.   I believe that what I did to make it work was import the model, and just replace the base project's character mesh with mine, while still using the UE4 example character's skeleton.

Nite

Nite

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Joined 12-July 15

The shoulder stuff seems like a case of bone transform issues, specifically the shoulder rotations being too high.

The part where things break, I can't even guess what that is. Maybe the vertex weight data corrupted at some point...

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

"'More human than human' is our motto." ― Eldon Tyrell

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3710 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

The shoulder stuff seems like a case of bone transform issues, specifically the shoulder rotations being too high.

The part where things break, I can't even guess what that is. Maybe the vertex weight data corrupted at some point...

I'm thinking what happened at the scary part (because it was my attempt at recreating the first one but with the wall-run ability added) I may have imported the wrong, old version of my model that wasn't compatible with the UE4 skeleton.  The moment I saw what happened though I just started cracking up and had to make the environment suit it and include it in the video.  It was originally just going to be that first clip, which I think would've been kinda boring.  Thanks for the tips on fixing the shoulders though, I'll take a look and see if I can fix it when I get the chance.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

APB : District Z is very near to enter in Alpha test.

Do u have map? or part of map? Do u think they are cute? Do u wish them playable?

I can add them in the game.

Just follow these simple steps:

• Make the model,or models, UV mapped (not texture generated, just image UV mapped)  
  • Allowed size of textures 1024x1024, 512x512, 256x256, 128x128, 64x64,32x32,16x16,8x8
  • Have at least 2 mesh for each model ,one in original format, the other for a very low details mesh, like a cube of 5 faces for a building (is the LOD shape at great distance)
  • use wavefront .obj as format . or directly .blend  file format
  • Suppose that the map will be used also by some NPC or Artificial intelligence Character, with a space limit for movement, allow path with a 1.5meters of large and a 2meters of turning radius.
  • if your map have road or streets for vehicle,should be 6 meters large mininum  for bidirectional ,3 for unidirectional, avoid galleryes or hurdles (lamps,advertising) with an height below 5mt , 7meters is the minimal radius for turning.
  • You can add littlest obj for details, but always, create a LOD mesh with very few faces, and always UV mapped.
  • if the model contains stairs, or different floors, max tilt for the ramps for access is 40° (pi/5)
  • if model contains a lift sys, dont remove it, we can try to make it operative.
  • if the map contains vegetations is highly suggested to use more than 2 level of LOD. (one simple crossed plains, one cubic,one full details)
  • if the map contains water element (fall,sea,rivers) is highly suggested to let it plain (avoid waves, deformed shape due to gravity)
  • if the map contains snow or mug please make a sub-level for walking and a overlay level for the snow (this will make the snow/mug "stompable")
  • if you wish a water/river "crossable" on foot or on vehicle ,please use the same tips of snow/mug (adding a substract under water for have immersion effect and a walkable path)
  • avoid to add lights in map, but please do some placeholder/reference/ empty for insert lighting object ingame (cause standard values are different)
  • if map contains vehicles dont worry about Lod details, i should have some basic shape ready to use, and at long distance , every car is similiar to another one XD

What are you doing now? Go to model XD

FAQ:

• Q:i dont know how to model. A: Noob!.
  • Q:I would have a char ingame A: Send it with a LOd version (just the 10/ 20% of vertex) and Uv mapped, will get an audiction for Npc)
  • Q:Blender is bad  why dont use UE ? A: After APbR ? No.
  • Q: Where will be the server of APB: Z ? A: Will be my crappy potato Pc, so dont worry about lags, latency, spike, crash, worms, stolen cards.
  • Q: I dont want send you nothing! This is not a question and i hate you! A: i will cry all night long.
  • Q: I love you! Do you love me? A: Always.
  • Q: i have just a bedroom in my map, is it useful? A: Sure, a lot. Please just add a door entrance.

2iw11lj.jpg

Pran

Pran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13

looks good for a one person job. I'm sure you will refine it as time goes by.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3710 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Neat, can't wait to see what you come up with.  If this was source engine I'd be able to help with mapping a bit.  I used to make maps for Garry's Mod all the time (only ever released one though and that one in particular was not very good).  As far as mapping in other programs goes, I have no idea.  Source SDK was great till Valve broke it :(

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 19 July 2016 - 07:26 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8374 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Neat, can't wait to see what you come up with.  If this was source engine I'd be able to help with mapping a bit.  I used to make maps for Garry's Mod all the time (only ever released one though and that one in particular was not very good).  As far as mapping in other programs goes, I have no idea.  Source SDK was great till Valve broke it :(

Source sdk is still the N1 for mod existent game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users