Photo

Bloodsports suggestions: Zombies. Just saying.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Knifeborn

Knifeborn

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14

We here are GlobalChat (See what I did there, GlobalChat? GlobalTech?) Have been discussing this evening various topics. including several games, how broken they are, and how much we like each other.

The reached conclusion was that a new Bloodsports gamemode which sets a 2-4 player team against endless waves of zombies tailored to the level of Bloodsports they're in.
I mean.. It's been a while since you added something G1 so. Yeah.

The Pros:
Exp for lower levels (not too much, but I grind anyway, I got bored of collecting vegetables for various people the 4th time I did it.)
It's fun. It's popular. 
It introduces people to Bloodsports, and in turn can help set them up for Dome.
Did I mention it would be FUN?

Deathtoll at low levels without needed to kill PEOPLE. Not everyone in FE enjoys PvP.

The Cons:

The exp would be useless for higher levels.
There would be significantly more zombies then people. Good luck.
They're Zombies - "HE'S WAS A ZOMBIE, FRANCIS!"  - Zoey, Left4Dead
I don't know what else to put.

The Concept:

Basically:

-Wave one pits the players against slow, weak zombies. Nice and simple, as the waves go on, they get stronger.

-Balance it G1; I don't wanna see none of this Dome mechanics bullcrap. If you make it pistol oriented, I will take my Ice Shards, and send you another 45 minute bug report of me DEFYING you, and using melee. Like I do with dome. (which reminds me, I have another 45 minute video for you to watch.)

-Players earn deathtoll per round they win, not per kill. (You'll ignore this part. Because that's what you do.)
-I'd like to see some "Zombie Survival Armour" implemented, as a reward for surviving.
-In theory, you could substitute Deathtoll for another currency, which allows for unique rewards, like my suggested Armour (which you should totally ask the community to design, Clammy has some mad design skills)

While you're adding this, please fix outpost. Lots of love.
☣ Knifeborn ☣

Contacts: Sjel Knifeborn | Malt Drikker | Kira Bloodpainted 

Ramos

Ramos

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

The Cons:

They're Zombies

Best cons ever xD

A civilian!?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

PVE events shouldn't even be listed under Bloodsports... you should have to go to a location and enter an instanced mission >_>

But DT should not be rewarded for PVE situations, exactly why Assault needs to be removed or reworked. As you can ignore the enemy completely while earning far to much DT.

Now as for say a group based (attained in the open world) instances and one might be zombie related, I'm all for that :D

Kinda said FE allows "raid" groups, yet nothing requires a raid...

Edited by Reaps989, 26 August 2015 - 09:20 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

baddog

baddog

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 24-June 15

Also, if you dont do pvp you dont really need DT, there are no npc/bosses tha cant be done pretty much as easily with player crafted gear and weapons as with Dt stuff, and if you do want fancy weapons to brag with there is dome to grind, or just make your chips and buy your dt weapon/componants.

My pve/crafter can do GORE,bosses instances etc all over with puma invictus pistols, the only time its a problem is when im trying to solo stuff that blatantly needs a team and im being derp,lol

But more content isnt a bad thing, maybe random spawned zombies swarm ANYWHERE, at ANYTIME, would make afk more of a challenge at least,haha :Ha Ha Ha:

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

(You'll ignore this part. Because that's what you do.)

This applies to the entire Suggestions Forum, really. I can't remember for the longest of time when anything written in here actually made its way in the game.

And in the past, there was a PVE zombie outbreak theme World Event in S2, at Kristo's Rest.

MW49NkD.jpg

Lotsa lotsa rotters to kill.  You had to heal some NPCs between waves as well as an objective.

It was a decent fun event but problems with it:

- it was in Kristo's Rest. A tiny town in the middle of nowhere with no fast travel, auctioneer and very few merchants. From Blaine or Dieseltown, travel is a chore.

- as with all PVE content, the reward is idiotic. (probably 5 blue chips and 1AP)

They removed this world event at one point. No explanation given. Same with the world event at Paper Mill in S3.

What needs fixing and has plenty of room for improvement, they remove or ignore.

What doesn't need fixing, they change and make it worse.

Because LOGIC!

Edited by MystMan, 27 August 2015 - 07:59 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

This applies to the entire Suggestions Forum, really. I can't remember for the longest of time when anything written in here actually made its way in the game.

And in the past, there was a PVE zombie outbreak theme World Event in S2, at Kristo's Rest.

MW49NkD.jpg

Lotsa lotsa rotters to kill.  You had to heal some NPCs between waves as well as an objective.

It was a decent fun event but problems with it:

- it was in Kristo's Rest. A tiny town in the middle of nowhere with no fast travel, auctioneer and very few merchants. From Blaine or Dieseltown, travel is a chore.

- as with all PVE content, the reward is idiotic. (probably 5 blue chips and 1AP)

They removed this world event at one point. No explanation given. Same with the world event at Paper Mill in S3.

What needs fixing and has plenty of room for improvement, they remove or ignore.

What doesn't need fixing, they change and make it worse.

Because LOGIC!

It wasn't "removed", they just never fixed it... reported it the week after it didn't re-pop.

Want it back? Get your friends and /bug report so it blows up their report inbox xD

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Wildcat Strike

Wildcat Strike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 08-November 12
By inbox reaps, you mean thier spam folder :D :D

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

shhhhhh

They don't need to know that ;D

Posted Image

AnarchoNomad

AnarchoNomad

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 10-September 13

This is why we can't don't have nice things! lmao  :Ha Ha Ha:

76561198068251029.png

Need to contact me? Eco Anarchist/Spaztrooper <----- That's me!

Knifeborn

Knifeborn

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14

Keep this on topic please.
Don't want them to Lock it due to spam.

Contacts: Sjel Knifeborn | Malt Drikker | Kira Bloodpainted 

PokPaul

PokPaul

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 11-June 14

Yes!  Zombies!  The blow up real good!  I put HW in my build after watching Reap's HW video on rounding up zombie clones and blowing the mommy out of them.  I was highly motivated, struggling with all the zombie clones around Radburg at the time.   Now, run around in circles, then boom-boom-boom, they make a thump as they hit the ground, Rest In Pieces.

This would be an awesome event for HW lovers!  Plus they could finally add in the flamethrowers to the HW line.   Win-win-win!

Your friendly neighbourhood quartermaster.

Op Hooligan

Op Hooligan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Yes!  Zombies!  The blow up real good!  I put HW in my build after watching Reap's HW video on rounding up zombie clones and blowing the mommy out of them.  I was highly motivated, struggling with all the zombie clones around Radburg at the time.   Now, run around in circles, then boom-boom-boom, they make a thump as they hit the ground, Rest In Pieces.

This would be an awesome event for HW lovers!  Plus they could finally add in the flamethrowers to the HW line.   Win-win-win!

Forgot who said it, and don't know if it's true or not, but...
I remember someone mentioning that Icarus tested flamethrowers way back, and they broke the game or something along the lines of that, maybe Nysek or another old-timer can clarify.

I'm just waiting for my LMG in HW at this point.

Op Hooligan, Jugg Hooligan, Op Crafter, Salty Sjel, Im Fine, Big Juicy

Reroll Patrol

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Forgot who said it, and don't know if it's true or not, but...
I remember someone mentioning that Icarus tested flamethrowers way back, and they broke the game or something along the lines of that, maybe Nysek or another old-timer can clarify.

I'm just waiting for my LMG in HW at this point.

Never said anything about flamethrowers besides the fact it would probably cause insane lag :P

Posted Image

Op Hooligan

Op Hooligan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Never said anything about flamethrowers besides the fact it would probably cause insane lag :P

Kk Ty, my memory fails me every time.

They don't have an excuse with the LMGs doe, there's a boss south of warhall S3 with one, :(

Reroll Patrol

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

Keep this on topic please.
Don't want them to Lock it due to spam.

Don't worry. It's hardly spammy.  The last topic that was locked that I could find was in december 2014. These forums are hardly monitored, only for forum ad bots. The suggestion forum has certainly not been looked at for who knows how long.

Kk Ty, my memory fails me every time.

They don't have an excuse with the LMGs doe, there's a boss south of warhall S3 with one, :(

Ya, discussed almost a year ago

http://forums.gamers...r-flamethrower/

No surprise that nothing happened. After all, this is indeed the wishful-venting forum, not a suggested-stuff-that-actually-happens forum.  :Ha Ha Ha: 

Ramos

Ramos

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-December 14

PVE events shouldn't even be listed under Bloodsports.

How about Dome. Pure PvE.

Edited by Ramos, 30 August 2015 - 05:55 PM.

A civilian!?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

How about Dome. Pure PvE.

Yes, but doesn't reward DT. Just as assault shouldn't, Dome should've been a location to get a quest for an instanced mission.

Edited by Reaps989, 30 August 2015 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image

Op Hooligan

Op Hooligan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Yes, but doesn't reward DT. Just as assault shouldn't, Dome should've been a location to get a quest for an instanced mission.

I totally agree with the assault thing, they should atleast drop the mutant part. All you gotta do with assault is just rush objective, 3-4 mins tops if you know what you're doing. Haven't really played the other modes much at 55, just cuz everyone que's assault.

Dome would definatly be cool to have in a sector, then take the mission to go inside. It could give potential for a new NPC faction too if that was a possibility.

Edited by Op Hooligan, 31 August 2015 - 07:20 AM.

Reroll Patrol

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I totally agree with the assault thing, they should atleast drop the mutant part. All you gotta do with assault is just rush objective, 3-4 mins tops if you know what you're doing. Haven't really played the other modes much at 55, just cuz everyone que's assault.

Dome would definatly be cool to have in a sector, then take the mission to go inside. It could give potential for a new NPC faction too if that was a possibility.

It also fixes a few things...

• If someone crashes mid-round, you aren't kicked out and forced to restart.
    • Or if someone has to leave and you need to substitute them with someone else.
  • You can access vaults at anytime if they added an exit just outside the spawn.
    • Let alone take a break and do something else for awhile before coming back to it.
  • Lets people form a little community for Dome allowing those to have an easier way to find others who are interested.
    • But apparently we can have community hubs in FE >_>

Edited by Reaps989, 31 August 2015 - 08:05 AM.

Posted Image

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

<p>

It also fixes a few things...

• If someone crashes mid-round, you aren't kicked out and forced to restart.
    • Or if someone has to leave and you need to substitute them with someone else.
  • You can access vaults at anytime if they added an exit just outside the spawn.
    • Let alone take a break and do something else for awhile before coming back to it.
  • Lets people form a little community for Dome allowing those to have an easier way to find others who are interested.
    • But apparently we can have community hubs in FE >_>

Assault and dome all located outside the map and they're close to each other, make a new blood sports sector? :) sounds like fun.

Edited by _yy_, 31 August 2015 - 11:23 AM.

R.I.P  Banned for flagging up.

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

Assault and dome all located outside the map and they're close to each other, make a new blood sports sector? :) sounds like fun.
Ps, also would love to see round 11 and 12.

R.I.P  Banned for flagging up.

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

More wishful-venting incoming!!!!

Problem with Dome is that it's lvl55 only.

Lvl 1-54 get nothing, hence the non-subtle hint for new PVE players to power-level through the game ignoring 80% of the entire content because it's not worth it.

That's a terrible advertisement for an MMO game. (of course we all know now it's beyond "too late" to do anything about it, the damage is done).

The World Events should all have been fixed and with more balanced rewards to make them worth doing and provide some variety that way.

- Most give crappy rewards.

- Some are impossibly OP hard for its intended level.

It's no big surprise that S3 Vista + Traveler faction world events are still done from time to time because they give GOOD rewards with Resource Hammer with massive number of nodes for everybody for half an hour. THIS is how you do good PVE. Fair effort, fair reward. Hell, throw us a bone and put some of those rare pvp nodes in there, it's not like world events pop up every minute.

The Tech Chemtown event is actually quite good too in design BUT the problem is the game did a horrible job explaining how to finish it without failing. It cannot be solo'd, you need a team to do so. it is actually makes participation in it feel like you are in an MMO game for a change instead of playing alone. (Safe bet to say that <1% of all past,present,future FE players know how to do it).

Its reward is also a Resource Hammer  (click it! click it!),  opposite of Gaia vista's nature nodes: Junk Tech nodes. I found that clever design since it matches the lore. Unfortunately due to the lack of a proper LFG system ( Use /region herp-a-derp-derp ) I managed to rally people to do it only 3 times.

And yeah, I also agree that PVE shouldn't get DT at all. PVE should have nothing to do with Bloodsports, period.

DT was always about players fighting each other and conquering territory, buying DT gear from DT merchants, and crafting said DT gear requiring tradeskill 1. No crafter build was necessary for pure pvp players in old-game.  

PVP had their thing.  PVE had their thing. Separate. Old-game was great.

New-game/endgame sux balls. They merged it all together into an abomination. An ugly boring soulless grindy abomination that only a small number of mothers can love.

Edited by MystMan, 01 September 2015 - 11:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users