7 replies to this topic

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

So I think it's safe to assume at this point Fallen Earth heavily depends on Marketplace revenue. Now what better way to improve revenue while doing as little work as possible considering how deprived Fallen Earth is of development and funding? Reskinning items!

Now I know many people are always quick to throw rocks about reskinning items but many games flourish in reskinning items like CSGO, APB and TF2 for example. Now those games are entirely different of course compared to Fallen Earth and in the past the Devs for Fallen Earth have poorly reskinned some items like the reskinning of the Warlord Gear but some things they have done right like the Union Jacket, Union Pants, Flowered Skirt, Skull Skirt, Gear Pants, Skinned Suit and so forth.

But I feel as though the Devs lack inspiration at this point or perhaps are just too busy. Who knows really I'm not here to question their motives. But new items, even just reskins, are few and far between. What I am here to do is to bring some inspiration and show you some of my work that I've done recently.

NOTE: These were screenshots edited in Photoshop.

2igc3eq.jpg
2lstxtg.jpg
14o0xah.jpg
2rpvcdz.jpg
2sagqc1.jpg
16ib6mq.jpg
23jh4pe.jpg

Hope you enjoy :Heee:

Edited by Calais, 24 August 2015 - 08:09 AM.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Running Eagle

Running Eagle

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14

Love it.

:uzi:

Sharkdog

Sharkdog

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Great ideas.  I wish they'd also use the in-game brands like the Waffle Warehouse, Sapphire Wednesdays, Luke Inc Moving Co., Wasp Mart, etc., as logo'ed wardrobe t-shirts, hoodies, and hats. 

Op Hooligan

Op Hooligan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Nice idea, might post a few ideas of my own with my amazing sub-par photoshop skills :P

Great ideas.  I wish they'd also use the in-game brands like the Waffle Warehouse, Sapphire Wednesdays, Luke Inc Moving Co., Wasp Mart, etc., as logo'ed wardrobe t-shirts, hoodies, and hats. 

Waffle Warehouse hoodie ftw!

Op Hooligan, Jugg Hooligan, Op Crafter, Salty Sjel, Im Fine, Big Juicy

Reroll Patrol

Sharkdog

Sharkdog

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

+1000 for Waffle Warehouse hoodie with the logo on the front and the little waffle man on the back.

Greta Singer

Greta Singer

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 13-August 12

we need ze short shorts

Pantastiic

Pantastiic

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-August 15

According to what devs told us lately, any new content will be depending on Marketplace revenue.

If so, this suggestion is more than relevant.

Indeed, we can't expect MPs revenue to increase if we aren't offering a bit more.

And no need to start listing games to prove character customization is far more important now.

So this idea is realistic and offer a great solution to feed the MarketPlace (as well as interesting subs rewards to get more subscribers) at low cost.

I really think Devs should consider this, even making an official topic, set realistic limits and allow players to share their ideas or like we saw

above, their drawings.

Even if saving FE isnt as simple as this, it may be fruitful and make forums slightly more active.

So to say low cost and interesting perspectives.

Ozzy Oswald

Ozzy Oswald

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 30-January 13

Why don't we just open up a design contest?

Let's say a re-skinned outfit contest, Photoshopped, hand drawn sketches, what ever mad MSPaint skills you might got would be accepted.

Give players around a month to submit their work, either by PMs or in public at forums, what ever they choose.

You could only use and mix the existing items from the game.

The winning 3 (chosen by DEV team, criteria is on doability etc. blah blah) will get their work in the game.

Final items are created by DEV team, since I'm assuming they don't have resources/point to create a fixed editor right now, that they can safely share.

Winner(s) would also get sort of an "internship", where they are asked to design more items and these are compensated straight to player with Marketplace items/RP/G1C.

This fusion where you create content with/from gamers to gamers would basically cost nothing for the team, quite the opposite, gives more to sell.

It would also inspire players to participate to the game they enjoy, get their friends excited, their friend's grandmas excited, their pets excited, everyone is so excited that...anyways, it would draw people in and help the further development...

BTW Good job Clammier, very good designs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users