489 replies to this topic

AxelVomAldebaran

AxelVomAldebaran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

G1 scammed you all. there is no engine upgrade. xD Maybe in 10 yrs. :)

^ this.

10 years ? i dont think they are working that fast.

"Wer weiß das (außer mir) ... wieder keiner!"

"Ich liebe Katastrophen"

"Manche Menschen haben den IQ einer Dillgurke"

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

I think you fail to recognize the potential revenue streams they're gonna see from a successful console release.  Course, that hinges on the successful part.

I think it's a safe assumption that PC revenues are in decline due to a very unhappy player base; the faster buck will probably be from console deployment.  Of course, that is more of a gamble.

The PC is an existing stream of revenue.
The consoles are only a potential stream of revenue.

If they prioritise the console version they prioritise potential revenue, while neglecting existing revenue.

In addition the console release involves creating a lot of new, while improving the PC version builds onto an existing foundation.
APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

The PC is an existing stream of revenue.
The consoles are only a potential stream of revenue.

If they prioritise the console version they prioritise potential revenue, while neglecting existing revenue.

In addition the console release involves creating a lot of new, while improving the PC version builds onto an existing foundation.

You do know that this is basically the norm for the current gaming industry.

Consoles mean more players, more players mean more revenue potential. < That is where the thought process stops. Very few, if any publishers/developers actually weigh the consequences of a game failing on consoles. When it does happen, publishers are quick to either pull money, close, or spin off a dev team.

They really look at most console players being under 18, and having parents that won't mind spending money to keep little Jimmy and Julie quiet.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5226 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

I wanted to update this thread with what was posted to Facebook regarding the new engine.  

To the comment about the new engine; because the engine update is tied in with the PS4 and X1 releases, our hands are a bit tied at the moment regarding any announcements we can make. But we finally expect to be able to share the release info in the near future. Also, the engine is currently being tested by select testers on the PC side, which we expect to expand to more testers soon.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

colinfinney

colinfinney

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-August 15

has it already been updated or is it still in progress cuz I have been wondering about that since I first played this game about a month ago idk if it has or hasn't yet

Soroosh

Soroosh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11

I wanted to update this thread with what was posted to Facebook regarding the new engine.  

To the comment about the new engine; because the engine update is tied in with the PS4 and X1 releases, our hands are a bit tied at the moment regarding any announcements we can make. But we finally expect to be able to share the release info in the near future. Also, the engine is currently being tested by select testers on the PC side, which we expect to expand to more testers soon.

wasn't it supposed to be released before the console version? now you say that it gonna happen with or after console version?

Agdgdgwengo

Agdgdgwengo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
  • Joined 30-October 11

You can tell us, we won't tell them.

REjSQiY.jpg
Citadel EU (previously Patriot EU2)

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

Also, the engine is currently being tested by select testers on the PC side, which we expect to expand to more testers soon.

So it's technically functioning, right? So you should be able to show us some gameplay videos, right?
APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

BuggedOut

BuggedOut

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 30-May 11

wasn't it supposed to be released before the console version? now you say that it gonna happen with or after console version?

It's not in their direct control.

It'd take a big (Sequel-worthy?) overhaul, to render APB on Gemini (Multi-threaded rendering) and bring it up to spec. The way the game is rendered now...that's a huge job. Shedding light on APB's performance issues

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
z00t | Joker

Thial

Thial

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 10-April 14

Tiggs for the love of God. If it's already being tested then please force G1 to show us some Action District gameplay. By the way you are talking about the engine upgrade it really feels like there's no engine upgrade at all and the social video was simply a pre rendered video. Recording a video takes few minutes. They don't even have to edit it, I'll be happy with a raw gameplay and at the same time a proof that engine upgrade really exists.

ZaBZ2mR.png puoUYSU.png UMxfNCv.png 0dhKs9r.png pClLvWQ.png I am streaming everyday :troll_face: almost

MrKindlyCat

MrKindlyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

I think we need forget about engine upgrade and we have too many reasons for it... The first reason is .. Tiggs said - just after the release of the Console games. I don't have specific dates for either at this time... so how you know GTA5 for console games was released in 2013 and for PC just 2015 so G1 has no realese date for console game yet so think yourself... console has less graphic requirements then engine update... the second reason G1 build new car and new pack for old version of engine and last phase will in Armas only 28 October if everything will be fine... so forget about the engine update at least then 6 months... if they dont know release date for console games... forget guys they work on it... they do what they might to do... you play they work... anyway I understood G1 has priority to make console games firstly not the engine update... for engine update G1 has old customers for console games they will get new customers so... forget... the money now decide will we play in APB or no

Edited by MrKindlyCat, 20 August 2015 - 05:06 AM.

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2067 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

I think we need forget about engine upgrade and we have too many reasons for it... The first reason is .. Tiggs said - just after the release of the Console games. I don't have specific dates for either at this time... so how you know GTA5 for console games was released in 2013 and for PC just 2015 so G1 has no realese date for console game yet so think yourself... console has less graphic requirements then engine update... the second reason G1 build new car and new pack for old version of engine and last phase will in Armas only 28 October if everything will be fine... so forget about the engine update at least then 6 months... if they dont know release date for console games... forget guys they work on it... they do what they might to do... you play they work... anyway I understood G1 has priority to make console games firstly not the engine update... for engine update G1 has old customers for console games they will get new customers so... forget... the money now decide will we play in APB or no

I.... don't think you fully understand how it works. Mind you, most of us don't either. But it's certainly not what you think it is, sorry.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Unclean

Unclean

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts
  • Joined 07-March 14
Tying the engine upgrade to the release of the console versions?

Inb4 G1 goes full retard and ports the PS4 version over to PC and takes a month to transfer all the character data and LOSES EVERYTHING.

MrKindlyCat

MrKindlyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

I.... don't think you fully understand how it works. Mind you, most of us don't either. But it's certainly not what you think it is, sorry.

I hope I am wrong :) and don`t sorry I really don`t know how it works...

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2067 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

I hope I am wrong :) and don`t sorry I really don`t know how it works...

It's not a problem! There's no need for an apology. Like I said, I don't think any of us have the full picture, but only what we've been told.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Xinyu

Xinyu

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15

never a straight answer with g1 <_<

Edited by Xinyu, 20 August 2015 - 11:54 AM.

RUN1

RUN1

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

:OpIsFunny:

Not even months but ''Near Future'' wow

Thanks for the info Tiggs

Edited by RUN1, 20 August 2015 - 04:00 PM.

AxelVomAldebaran

AxelVomAldebaran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Not even months but ''Near Future'' wow

like i said - there is no engine upgrade.

they will just delay it again and again and again and again like they did for the past 2 years.

if you dont want to believe me - then please use your own brain and really think about it.

think about how many millions of dollars and how many people it took to create this game.

and you really believe that these few g1 guys with little money will rework the whole game and make it better ?

what is with your own experience in the last years : did they make the game better ? or worse ? even if you are a big fanboy you have to admit that they messed up 95% of everything they did ... matchmaking,tracers,sounds,server performance,weapon mechanics,patches... they dont even have the capabilities to add tiny things like a "get them all" - button for the mailbox or a counter for their events ...

why do you believe that they suddenly turn into super-programmers who will create an awesome game ?

another point : why would a company invest money for an engine upgrade with such a small playerbase ? it will not bring back old players and it wont attrac new players cause the engine upgrade is something you "cant see" ... its an engine upgrade not a graphic update (they only change minor things like in the social district video)

i know you will call me doomsayser and so on ... but just look at the facts .... they delayed the upgrade again .. from august to "in the near future" ...

please necro this thread in 12 months and you will see that nothing has changed (only more armas stuff of course)

Edited by AxelVomAldebaran, 21 August 2015 - 02:23 AM.

"Ich liebe Katastrophen"

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8596 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

this ...month?

Spoiler

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

I think you also fail to realize the decline consoles have taken in popularity. Ubisoft even indicated there's a large shift in their Q1 sales in favor of PC. (PC took up 23% of sales, second to PS4 at 27%, X1/Wii U fall behind last gen consoles). They might make a quick buck on PS4, but you also forget, this is a F2P game. Which has had mixed results on consoles.

PC will ALWAYS be next generation. I really hope the console version will be successful so that this game can more forward. Love APB longtime!

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

Doosh

Doosh

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 16-July 15
Is anyone else worried that by adding consoles to the mix, this will just split the existing PC player base reducing the populations per instance?
And not raise the population that much over all, reducing the player experience that will lead to a reduction in overall population....??

weezzy_

weezzy_

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 27-June 14

They said it will be in August. August is ending. Maybe they have the wrong calendar?

Whatever.

BuggedOut

BuggedOut

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 30-May 11

why do you believe that they suddenly turn into super-programmers who will create an awesome game ?

another point : why would a company invest money for an engine upgrade with such a small playerbase ? it will not bring back old players and it wont attrac new players cause the engine upgrade is something you "cant see" ... its an engine upgrade not a graphic update (they only change minor things like in the social district video)

i know you will call me doomsayser and so on ... but just look at the facts .... they delayed the upgrade again .. from august to "in the near future" ...

Is anyone else worried that by adding consoles to the mix, this will just split the existing PC player base reducing the populations per instance?
And not raise the population that much over all, reducing the player experience that will lead to a reduction in overall population....??

No. G1 is not even making the console version. It's being developed by TheWorkshop Entertainment and published by Deep Silver. APB is -owned- by G1 (Mr. Books-Larsson). As I wasn't present for any deals between the 3 companies- there isn't much more to say on them other than G1/Reloaded doesn't have much to do in regards to the console port. Reloaded staff may be available to them via email or teleconference for insight on custom aspects of the games code, but other than that, the console port is a fairly independent project, though may contractually (and developmentally) be relied upon in some cases in regards to the PC Engine update.

Edited by BuggedOut, 21 August 2015 - 06:52 AM.

It'd take a big (Sequel-worthy?) overhaul, to render APB on Gemini (Multi-threaded rendering) and bring it up to spec. The way the game is rendered now...that's a huge job. Shedding light on APB's performance issues

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
z00t | Joker

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15036 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Their roadmap is far from being completed.

How did i know theyre going to delay/abandon things again?

N9pGkYM.png

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

they will just delay it again and again and again and again like they did for the past 2 years.

if you dont want to believe me - then please use your own brain and really think about it.

think about how many millions of dollars and how many people it took to create this game.

and you really believe that these few g1 guys with little money will rework the whole game and make it better ?

what is with your own experience in the last years : did they make the game better ? or worse ? even if you are a big fanboy you have to admit that they messed up 95% of everything they did ... matchmaking,tracers,sounds,server performance,weapon mechanics,patches... they dont even have the capabilities to add tiny things like a "get them all" - button for the mailbox or a counter for their events ...

please necro this thread in 12 months and you will see that nothing has changed (only more armas stuff of course)

Think you got your tinfoil hat on a tad too tight there dude.

7auoeeI.png?1 |LNGtQNI.png?1

Open for commissions

Examples in links above

Evita Says So.

Evita Says So.

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2684 posts
  • Joined 12-February 12

this ...month?

Spoiler

Poor Constantine.  He never got to see the Engine Upgrade. :(

Posted Image

pvtxxx

pvtxxx

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
This becaose my birday

Doosh

Doosh

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 16-July 15
Might have missed the point of my concern there BuggedOut. My point was more along the lines of, some players that play apb have consoles and bad pc's, the engine upgrade may make it less playable for more current players, these players might just swap platforms when it comes out rather than upgrade thier pc. If the new platforms dont draw in more new players then the population that exists would most likely splinter into these multiple platforms.

RUN1

RUN1

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

WE need details on this progress THIS week!! or Engine update is a lie.

AxelVomAldebaran

AxelVomAldebaran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

WE need details on this progress THIS week!! or Engine update is a lie.

what progress ?

no one is working on the engine upgrade.

they only make funny videos of social district where someone added a little gras, a few tres and changed lightning/colors.

and all these retards here think : "WOOOOOOW mindblowing graphics" ...

same people who call me "doomsayer" are sitting here in the forum allready waiting 2 years for the upgrade ... hahaha

"Ich liebe Katastrophen"

Doosh

Doosh

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 16-July 15
Its common for IT projects have blow outs on schedules due to the nature of programming. A doom sayer?? More like a negative nancy. I find that negative nancy types generally dont understand what it is to do something hard because ... well they are so negative. It will come out and when it does i hope you are made to eat your own arse.

Agdgdgwengo

Agdgdgwengo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
  • Joined 30-October 11
Deep Silver doesn't have anything specific to say either:
http://forum.deepsil...S4-and-Xbox-One
REjSQiY.jpg
Citadel EU (previously Patriot EU2)

Kimiko

Kimiko

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3468 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

Tying the engine upgrade to the release of the console versions?

Inb4 G1 goes full retard and ports the PS4 version over to PC and takes a month to transfer all the character data and LOSES EVERYTHING.

Modern consoles share a TON of codebase with pc, and the old engine (from Feb? 2008) either wouldn't pass console validation or flat out wouldn't work. I'd say G1 is responsible for updating the base engine, with deep silver responsible for console localization, optimization, etc. What's the holdup? G1 is behind on their backporting. I mean, they did start new UE3 backporting with only a single coder, Androvald, working on it.
KimikoSig2.png

blommas

blommas

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11

I'd really like to know how we can join the beta testing of the engine.

Any information about that?

AxelVomAldebaran

AxelVomAldebaran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

I'd really like to know how we can join the beta testing of the engine.

Any information about that?

yea - close your eyes and dream of it. that is the only engine upgrade you will ever see.

they tell you about the upgrade for 2 years now and you still believe it .. AAARGH

"Ich liebe Katastrophen"

Doosh

Doosh

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 16-July 15
Not 2 years lol, try march 2014ish as an estimate if all goes well lol. If you work in IT you know all never goes well lol
Link:http://forums.gamers...l/?fromsearch=1
I wouldnt like to work with the code they are dealing with.

AxelVomAldebaran

AxelVomAldebaran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Not 2 years lol, try march 2014ish as an estimate if all goes well lol. If you work in IT you know all never goes well lol

thats the reason why people who know what they are doing dont make stupid announcements.

"Ich liebe Katastrophen"

BirryHerrington

BirryHerrington

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12

7 DAYS

Haganu

Haganu

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3622 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

not gonna happen

Lust, Wrath, Envy, Pride, Greed, Gluttony and Sloth

JRavtd5.png

Haganu - Criminal | - - - - - - Symbols by LarsJack on DeviantArt, remade and made bodypaint off of them ingame. - - - - - - | Matoii - Enforcer  

RavenRoxxie

RavenRoxxie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1607 posts
  • Joined 21-August 14

HAHA! Oh please. I don't undertand why people keep falling for these hopeless dreams. The engine was supposed to come out like 3 years ago. If you honestly think they will release it this month, I feel sorry for you. 

ZVCNUGn.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users