489 replies to this topic

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

I agree and not agree with you on this, I mean we could help out the new players you know, it's going to feel different that the community will expand all of a sudden and there's going to be some difficulties but we will get the hang of it, this community went through a lot, I'm sure having more people won't hurt us.

Are we on the same forums here?

You can hate me for telling the truth. But it's usually better to hate those who make the truth unenjoyable on any level.

#LoveHurts

BuggedOut

BuggedOut

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 30-May 11

I'm a little worried for the idea of the console forums. This community is beyond toxic enough for pc players. Are we prepared for the influx of console supremecy debates to hit the war running?

/inb4 console forums only accessible by console browser (which will just get useragent cloned)

It'd take a big (Sequel-worthy?) overhaul, to render APB on Gemini (Multi-threaded rendering) and bring it up to spec. The way the game is rendered now...that's a huge job. Shedding light on APB's performance issues

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
z00t | Joker

RUN1

RUN1

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

There was a topic where someone said to Pm for link it turned out to be a prank and it got me so mad he is such a fuzzy bunny.

Edited by Mod Squad 13, 28 December 2015 - 09:22 AM.
Profanity (Fucking) removed it

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Engine update... it is as real as to say "god exists".

Edited by SyllaBear, 14 August 2015 - 04:05 PM.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

Engine update... it is as real as to say "god exists".

If the engine update comes out at some point - remind me to hold you to this. Thanks mate.

You can hate me for telling the truth. But it's usually better to hate those who make the truth unenjoyable on any level.

#LoveHurts

Miiuki

Miiuki

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • Joined 13-November 11

Our current expectation is that the PC engine upgrade will go live either concurrent with, or just after the release of the Console games. I don't have specific dates for either at this time. Nearly all of our resources (man power) was moved over to working on one or the other (in some instances both). With the resource shifts that means D.A.M. and Crisp have been pushed out.

In the next week or so, we'll be making more changes to the forums to get ready for console players. New forums will be added for each specific console and we'll be looking out our current forums to see what we can remove/add.

I'll also be looking over the GM assisted trades and make some slight changes. Then we'll try to reintroduce it for a limited time over the next week or so.

=Dont be surprised if its going to be delayed, so we will cover our eventual fail with a "new" forum and a trading system that will remove times on other important tickets because we are lazy to create a trading system.

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

If the engine update comes out at some point - remind me to hold you to this. Thanks mate.

You will have to stop sinning in your hands to lolitas.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

edgy/10. All jokes aside - I dunno what this has to do with God or the engine update being real, seeing as you don't believe in either one.

I'm gonna assume you don't believe in common sense, either, actually.

#LoveHurts

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

edgy/10. All jokes aside - I dunno what this has to do with God or the engine update being real, seeing as you don't believe in either one.

I'm gonna assume you don't believe in common sense, either, actually.

It does exist, its hard to prove it* anyways.

Edited by SyllaBear, 14 August 2015 - 04:14 PM.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

It does exist, its hard to proof anyways.

So God and/or the engine update do exist, but they are hard to prove? I don't understand what setting double standards for people who have a different belief system than yourself has to do with either of these possibilities, still..

But for the sake of simplicity: Okay.

Edited by Casey Jones, 14 August 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#LoveHurts

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

So God and/or the engine update do exist, but they are hard to prove? I don't understand what setting double standards for people who have a different belief system than yourself has to do with either of these possibilities, still..

But for the sake of simplicity: Okay.

I was talking about common sense. The other 2 are also hard to prove too.

Here is my believing order: common sense> god> engine update. Where the first one is the most, and the last one is the less.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

I was talking about common sense. The other 2 are also hard to prove too.

Here is my believing order: common sense> god> engine update. Where the first one is the most, and the last one is the less.

Cool.

So if you don't believe God exists due to common sense being more realistic.. Why do you need to counsel people on what they are doing to "Sin" if you yourself don't believe in the concept of sin? Serious question.

#LoveHurts

SW1FT

SW1FT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Honestly, if it was coming during/at the end of this month, they would be hyping it already.

m2nGaOE.png

Fanta206

Fanta206

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 14-April 12

After playing APB since the days of Realtime Worlds, I'm constantly annoyed with the progression if this game but actually sympathetic with the devs. They probably work for misanthropists who care about nothing other than money, not this game. I hope you're happy with my small amount of money, but much like many other players, I'm due to stop paying and move on.

as Neil Diamond once said...

"Money talks, but it don't sing and dance and it don't walk"

RUN1

RUN1

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

i dont think its happening ssoon so expext the rage to increasse ddos and other sh*t

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Cool.

So if you don't believe God exists due to common sense being more realistic.. Why do you need to counsel people on what they are doing to "Sin" if you yourself don't believe in the concept of sin? Serious question.

Because:

If you will hold someone with their words is because you also believe in them, unless you are just molesting to get attention.

Edited by SyllaBear, 14 August 2015 - 05:46 PM.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18564 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

Our current expectation is that the PC engine upgrade will go live either concurrent with, or just after the release of the Console games. I don't have specific dates for either at this time.   Nearly all of our resources (man power) was moved over to working on one or the other (in some instances both).

I thought Deep Silver had their own team working on the console version?
APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

BuggedOut

BuggedOut

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 30-May 11

Not to speak on their behalf, but I would assume she means they (G1) will be hosting the servers for the consoles as well, and my thought was that may be part of her business in CA atm. Implementing the new servers would take some staff on G1's end to facilitate.

It'd take a big (Sequel-worthy?) overhaul, to render APB on Gemini (Multi-threaded rendering) and bring it up to spec. The way the game is rendered now...that's a huge job. Shedding light on APB's performance issues

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
z00t | Joker

AxelVomAldebaran

AxelVomAldebaran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

I can't wait for this to happen, I even bought 10 packs of pop corns for the next weeks, this is going to be fun.

only problem - there wont be an engine upgrade within the next weeks.

when you see the first ingame footage of action district then you know the upgrade is on an early alpha state - that means it will take at minimum 12-18 months until they release a live version ...

i know that no one believes me - just wait for the next blogpost ... they will delay it again (like they they did for the last 2 years) ... all that you have seen so far can be achieved by an experienced game developer within a half day of work ...

if they had anything - they would show it ... they would do anything to create a hype ...to keep people interested in their product .. but they dont and the only reason for that is : they dont have ANYTHING so far

"Wer weiß das (außer mir) ... wieder keiner!"

"Ich liebe Katastrophen"

"Manche Menschen haben den IQ einer Dillgurke"

BingoBookBG

BingoBookBG

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12

Nothing from the roadmap besides maybe CRISP is coming this month.Thats clear to me..

TheMessiah - Enforcer 255 - Citadel              youtube.com/c/MartinTheMessiah

Ilyas

Ilyas

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 29-January 13

if the engine upgrade does not get released in the next two months, i will be really disappointed. ive been waiting for any sort of improvement worth trying for months.

IlyasMetlacore R 252/ImJoker R 235/FromJokerIcome R 140 /IlyasUndead R 43

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

Think of it as this:
engine1.jpgMySQL_Upgrade.jpg

One of the guys in the armature race club where I live put a LT1 engine in a Porsche boxer....fast as mommy.

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1942 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

I'm more exited about the Dedicated Automatic Matchmaking (referred to as D.A.M. by the staff, commonly known as the matchmaking update)

The Engine Update won't yeild much yet for PC users, maybe better performance.

Maybe.

and CRISP will make carebears of all of us.

Nothing wrong in being a carebear, but I like diversity, and that means people with a foul language too.

I guess that was the needed counteraction when the community is branded as more toxic than botulinum.

Edited by Talla, 15 August 2015 - 02:04 AM.

Aisakey

Aisakey

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 14-June 11

When you have plans to improve the Engine Update Video? You know how many hours are needed? Exactly what day?

b6222b5e78.png
[bM'!] Aisakey - Citadel - [aM'!] KuuruSaientisuto

Hey young ladies, wanna see my long ponytail ?

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

Because:

If you will hold someone with their words is because you also believe in them, unless you are just molesting to get attention.

You're clearly not gonna exercise your right to common sense.. So have fun making baseless accusations.

#LoveHurts

IROCkiller

IROCkiller

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13

One of the guys in the armature race club where I live put a LT1 engine in a Porsche boxer....fast as mommy.

Where I live someone is selling a Chevy s10 with a corvette engine in it. Welcome to Wisconsin.

6ukl6c2.png

IROCkiller(255)  Onion Jericho Server  I Stream Sometimes

A Jericho giveaway!

Kindred

Kindred

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • Joined 02-November 14

Pretty sure TheWorkshop was in charge of that as the initial press release highlighted TheWorkshops experience in Console development while Deep Silver is in charge of getting the green light on the console releases and also the server infrastructure for the Console release.

Mod Squad X: From what you posted that means your account was banned. Who was playing on the account is not relevant. Account security being the responsibility of the user is stated here; http://forums.gamers...t-and-policies/

Hi Tiggs, something smell (dog)fishy yet?

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

Where I live someone is selling a Chevy s10 with a corvette engine in it. Welcome to Wisconsin.

That's nothing, try a S-10 with a 600cid Marine big block in it, or a Honda S2000 with a LS7. That's Alabama for ya.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

That's nothing, try a S-10 with a 600cid Marine big block in it, or a Honda S2000 with a LS7. That's Alabama for ya.

GOD DAMMIT, I HATE LIVING IN RATIONAL, HUMANITARIAN COUNTRIES, WHERE WE ARE GIVEN EQUAL RIGHTS.. EVERYONE HERE IS SO gosh darnING SPESHUL! THEY DESERVE NO RIGHTS TO DO THESE INCREDIBLY STUPID THINGS! I'M MOVING TO PAKISTAN. gosh darn IDIOTS!

#LoveHurts

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

GOD DAMMIT, I HATE LIVING IN RATIONAL, HUMANITARIAN COUNTRIES, WHERE WE ARE GIVEN EQUAL RIGHTS.. EVERYONE HERE IS SO gosh darnING SPESHUL! THEY DESERVE NO RIGHTS TO DO THESE INCREDIBLY STUPID THINGS! I'M MOVING TO PAKISTAN. gosh darn IDIOTS!

Money and passion are wonderful things.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

Conquest

Conquest

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 25-August 14

I don't have specific dates for either at this time. 

I've pretty much dropped APB (for now, at least) and this still is extremely annoying to read

Edited by Conquest, 15 August 2015 - 06:40 AM.

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

G1 APB shut down in 2016 it is more realistic... If you trust for new engine you must be mad.... On the roadmap blog post they said, new MM in July.... Nothing.... Engine this summer... no way.. they made new Legendary RApTOR... Oh... Just take a look at servers... Since merged servers there are still random MS peaks up to 130ms serverclatency.... And last point take a look back to the 2012 population on patriot was 100% higher than nowadays merged Obeya/Patriot-Citadel.... It is going down every bad pointless patch...

I used to be totally against the idea of a russian developer taking over any game, let alone producing anything worthwhile. Which is evident by my physical cringing when SOE was bought out by daybreak. Purely because of developers such as Hammerpoint interactive (Or whatever they call themselves now. The WarZ/Infestation Survivor Stories) .. Then I learned about the home grown Derek Smart. THEN I started seeing all of the positive compliments of Innova.. Suffice to say, even rainbows being banned wouldn't stop me from playing Inovva APB if they became the north american providers.

Edited by Casey Jones, 15 August 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#LoveHurts

NightmareAlonzo

NightmareAlonzo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

So pretty much, all is happening within the next what 2-3 months is a new car, and some new outfits and boring gun changes.

No new maps

no new missions

no weather system

no upgrade

no new visuals./ tracers

sigh. JC3 coming out, just saying. I'm going back on another break until Dec lol. or whenever you guys release the graphics, which my guess will be in dec lol. wasted premium again. oh well. peace

Edited by MysteryRidah, 17 August 2015 - 01:33 PM.

TheBlademaster1215

TheBlademaster1215

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1644 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14

Our current expectation is that the PC engine upgrade will go live either concurrent with, or just after the release of the Console games. I don't have specific dates for either at this time.   Nearly all of our resources (man power) was moved over to working on one or the other (in some instances both).  With the resource shifts that means D.A.M. and Crisp have been pushed out.  

In the next week or so, we'll be making more changes to the forums to get ready for console players. New forums will be added for each specific console and we'll be looking out our current forums to see what we can remove/add. 

I'll also be looking over the GM assisted trades and make some slight changes. Then we'll try to reintroduce it for a limited time over the next week or so. 

Tell your team that the console version should not be taking priority over PC. PC should always come first. WE should get the engine update first. NOT the gimped consoles.

Mark my words, if you put console first the engine update for PC WILL BE A DISASTER.

Edited by TheBlademaster1215, 17 August 2015 - 01:36 PM.

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

-- Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision

"being a sap generally gets you removed from the gene pool." -- Based god Immersion

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4209 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

Tell your team that the console version should not be taking priority over PC. PC should always come first. WE should get the engine update. NOT the gimped consoles.

I think you fail to recognize the potential revenue streams they're gonna see from a successful console release.  Course, that hinges on the successful part.

I think it's a safe assumption that PC revenues are in decline due to a very unhappy player base; the faster buck will probably be from console deployment.  Of course, that is more of a gamble.

Deadpan

Deadpan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

Tell your team that the console version should not be taking priority over PC. PC should always come first. WE should get the engine update first. NOT the gimped consoles.

Mark my words, if you put console first the engine update for PC WILL BE A DISASTER.

I think you fail to recognize the potential revenue streams they're gonna see from a successful console release.  Course, that hinges on the successful part.

I think it's a safe assumption that PC revenues are in decline due to a very unhappy player base; the faster buck will probably be from console deployment.  Of course, that is more of a gamble.

Wait wait wait... So, demanding compensation for PC gameplay outages means we're entitled little idiots.. But.. Demanding we get first slice from the console efforts is rewarded with a firm statement of marketing values... ?

#LoveHurts

TheBlademaster1215

TheBlademaster1215

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1644 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14

I think you fail to recognize the potential revenue streams they're gonna see from a successful console release. Course, that hinges on the successful part.

I think it's a safe assumption that PC revenues are in decline due to a very unhappy player base; the faster buck will probably be from console deployment. Of course, that is more of a gamble.

I think you also fail to realize the decline consoles have taken in popularity. Ubisoft even indicated there's a large shift in their Q1 sales in favor of PC. (PC took up 23% of sales, second to PS4 at 27%, X1/Wii U fall behind last gen consoles). They might make a quick buck on PS4, but you also forget, this is a F2P game. Which has had mixed results on consoles.

Edited by TheBlademaster1215, 17 August 2015 - 02:21 PM.

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

-- Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision

"being a sap generally gets you removed from the gene pool." -- Based god Immersion

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1526 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

They don't even share information about the engine upgrade in their recent blogpost... 

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; Realizations (Citadel) ; Within (Jericho)

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4209 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

I think you also fail to realize the decline consoles have taken in popularity. Ubisoft even indicated there's a large shift in their Q1 sales in favor of PC. (PC took up 23% of sales, second to PS4 at 27%, X1/Wii U fall behind last gen consoles). They might make a quick buck on PS4, but you also forget, this is a F2P game. Which has had mixed results on consoles.

I don't play consoles.  I am just trying to consider what THEY'RE considering.  They did commit to this project like 2 years ago and have some kind of contract with Deep Silver, so I feel like they're all-in here for console deployment.

I have felt, since the initial announcements that APB was being brought to consoles, that PC priority would drop significantly.  I guess we will see.

I expect Deep Silver will be doing their own extensive testing for the consoles, making an argument that PC users should be the guinea pigs first, irrelevant.

Edited by mynd, 17 August 2015 - 02:53 PM.

EagleWing

EagleWing

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 24-April 14
G1 scammed you all. there is no engine upgrade. xD Maybe in 10 yrs. :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users