4 replies to this topic

Miles Archer

Miles Archer

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 25-June 15

Hello, guys.

I'm new to this game and currently trying to make a workaround for the follwing problem:

I want a viable high dps melee build which has top craft, xD

Firstly, I was thinking about making semi-crafter build based on primal and dirty tricks, but later I dropped this idea due to several reasons which really don't matter much.

Later I realized that I will need a crafter toon anyways, and tried my best to balance him around debuffs/dps and top craft.

This problem was hard enough (as I said, I'm new and I don't understand all mechanics of endgame, my toon is currently only lvl22 sitting in s2), but I spend some time trying to balance stats and calculate output.

Thanks to Reaps989 for awesome guide and build suggestions also for answering my annoying questions in the neighbouring thread.=)

Here's what I got as a result:

http://planer.fallen...10101010101A201

It's all clear about intelligence, perception, first aid and empathic.

Other stats are distributed to get the following result:

1. Attack Posture 5 ->maxed, {+125 power, - 50 precision}, as this build has 1 precision debuff doesn't matter
  2. Give Em Hell 4 is the main aura
  3. 3 more points invested into Group Tactics to get Combat Endurance as a backup aura for the situations when dodge must be buffed. If somebody else in team has Combat Endurance 6 and uses it, Dodge on this build will jump to 164 which is precisely 30% increase.
  4. Telekinesis scaling is based on Bend Metal.

Now the logics of the build follows.

If the build has about 150 precision and gets 50 debuff from attack posture, that means that only 10% crit the build really has

which transforms in long fights into +5% dps as we get

crit_dmg * crit_chance + norm_damage * (1-crit_chance) = 1.5 * 0.1 + 1 * 0.9 = 1.05.

This value will be further reduced by opponents Dodge.

Therefore, i made a decision to completely pass on it, as AP costs for getting precision high are too great really, and output seems really miserable.

Instead I tried to make a workaround by upping Give Em Hell, which roughly gives +2% armor penetration on this tier for all team.

183 power (to get Attack Posture 5)

+125 power (from Attack Posture 5)

+75 power (from Give Em Hell 4)

+12 power (from Bolster 4)

---------------------------------

totally 395 power;

395 - 194 = 201 power (buff) ~ +[6,23]% = 6% buff

(201/32,2899 ~ 6,23% (according to scaling in Reaps989 guide))

Now some suggestions about playing this build (as I said, i'm a newb, therefore those are only my thoughts):

Attack Posture + Give Em Hell + Bolster (as default setup).

- overwhelm+ bend metal casting, followed by melee hits or propel,

- propel is used as finisher or ability to improve burst and make opponent intensively heal himself.

- always armed is used to supress HoT and make opponent to burn gamma.

- dent armor as an additional debuff to close the gap when overwhelm and bend metal are on cooldown.

Also I did some rough calculations on Telekinesis vs Thermal Control.

Thermal Control burns gamma faster (in "burning mode" must be 56 gamma/sec on TK vs 33 gamma/sec on Telekinesis)

Molotov Cocktail seems more effective than Propel itself (gamma cost over time will be twice as lower, whereas dps will be the same, also burst is higher),

but Always Armed seems more effective than Hypotermia or Napalm (if DoT is dispelled, Aiways Armed is cheapest to recast)

I would like to hear opinion of experienced players about this build.

In addition I have several questions:

1. some people say that top craft needed is 196 (not 194), which makes nessesary to invest additional 5 pts into perception, which makes it way harder to balance

2. Attack posture 5 tooltip must be bugged, if it's not bugged, that makes it all sad, because precision cannot be ignored and build needs rework.

Edited by Miles Archer, 21 July 2015 - 10:47 AM.

Miles Archer: I'm going to blow your head off unless I get those keys!

Marlowe Hammer: So what does this mean, Miles? You don't love me no more?

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

As for Attack Posture, it's 125 power and -50 precision but wouldn't surprise me if there's a tooltip typo.

Precision is only "worse" than power because you get a passive 7% (5% base and 2.18% from weapon skill), put both critical buffers into precision and you'd instantly see a huge difference in precision/power (or full precision) builds vs full power. Even then, power WITH precision will always out DPS one without.

Edited by Reaps989, 21 July 2015 - 10:56 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Miles Archer

Miles Archer

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 25-June 15

As for Attack Posture, it's 125 power and -50 precision but wouldn't surprise me if there's a tooltip typo.

Precision is only "worse" than power because you get a passive 7% (5% base and 2.18% from weapon skill), put both critical buffers into precision and you'd instantly see a huge difference in precision/power (or full precision) builds vs full power. Even then, power WITH precision will always out DPS one without.

Yepp, i do realize that. Precision roughly adds 1% dps for 20 AP invested, whereas power adds 1% for 32 AP invested.

Also, the higher the value is, the higher the cut would be from dodge. That's why balance between power and precision is nessesary.

Also great crit chance provides way better burst, (but it depends on RNG implementation in game =)).

My strategy is to try this build as starter one, then probably respec to full melee beast when I have all gear/items I need =).

Some questions about the build you posted, if you don't mind:

• Isn't dodge a bit low?  I mean, it's great to have t5 in Overwhelm and Give' em Hell, but... damn, i'm afraid, haha
  • Why dodge is 67, not 66?

Additional question: I've read your articale about AP weapons.

It looks like I want 'standard' setup with this build (HP + tertiary damage), am I get this right?

What do you think about dual-wield weapons as main vs two-handed? I mean, i can still use something heavy to finish somebody (if I'm lucky :-)), but generally dual-wield must suffer less in PVP from lack of crit.

Edited by Miles Archer, 22 July 2015 - 02:57 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7709 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Yepp, i do realize that. Precision roughly adds 1% dps for 20 AP invested, whereas power adds 1% for 32 AP invested.

Also, the higher the value is, the higher the cut would be from dodge. That's why balance between power and precision is nessesary.

Also great crit chance provides way better burst, (but it depends on RNG implementation in game =)).

My strategy is to try this build as starter one, then probably respec to full melee beast when I have all gear/items I need =).

Some questions about the build you posted, if you don't mind:

• Isn't dodge a bit low?  I mean, it's great to have t5 in Overwhelm and Give' em Hell, but... damn, i'm afraid, haha
  • Why dodge is 67, not 66?

Additional question: I've read your articale about AP weapons.

It looks like I want 'standard' setup with this build (HP + tertiary damage), am I get this right?

What do you think about dual-wield weapons as main vs two-handed? I mean, i can still use something heavy to finish somebody (if I'm lucky :-)), but generally dual-wield must suffer less in PVP from lack of crit.

I run 65 dodge and it works just fine, also the 1-2 extra AP isn't worthwhile elsewhere in this build.

Your AP weapon should be like this.

• Damage : All Electric or Psionic (Recommend Electric either way)
  • Health : 80
  • Gamma Regen : 12 (You aren't spending much stamina in this build so the gamma regen will help you a lot more)

2h would be more viable with Bend Metal is actively used, otherwise dual wield. This is because while you have Bend Metal equipped, both weapons are bound to left-mouse by default causing issues for most as timing will then be based off of if a weapon is on delay or not.

So if you swing once, but don't swing your second weapon before 1.5 seconds, you'll simply swing your first weapon again meaning you lost DPS. Granted, this is more of an issue with pistols than dual melee. TK "can" worth with dual wield, but either way you have to practice making sure you don't miss out on damage.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Miles Archer

Miles Archer

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 25-June 15

I run 65 dodge and it works just fine, also the 1-2 extra AP isn't worthwhile elsewhere in this build.

Your AP weapon should be like this.

• Damage : All Electric or Psionic (Recommend Electric either way)
  • Health : 80
  • Gamma Regen : 12 (You aren't spending much stamina in this build so the gamma regen will help you a lot more)

2h would be more viable with Bend Metal is actively used, otherwise dual wield. This is because while you have Bend Metal equipped, both weapons are bound to left-mouse by default causing issues for most as timing will then be based off of if a weapon is on delay or not.

So if you swing once, but don't swing your second weapon before 1.5 seconds, you'll simply swing your first weapon again meaning you lost DPS. Granted, this is more of an issue with pistols than dual melee. TK "can" worth with dual wield, but either way you have to practice making sure you don't miss out on damage.

nice, thanks.

I will check again about bend metal and dual wield, but yesterday i didn't notice any problems.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users