40 replies to this topic

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

So it's old news that there are a lot of badly implemented mods in APB, this thread is basically my take on how these mods should be fixed. And yes, I know that there are other threads out there on mods, but this one is mine. Still, I'd be happy to take anyone's feedback.

CHANGES:

Weapon Mods:

Spoiler

Vehicle Mods:
Spoiler

Character Mods:
Spoiler

Edited by Kewlin, 11 July 2016 - 03:37 PM.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Reserved

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3722 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10

I like what you did with 3PS3.

But it would be pointless to have it decrease MM speed, as the LMGs and Snipers are slow enough as we speak.

The MM zoom time though? I can roll with that.

Joker, North American Server-Forever

Israel(Enforcer)\\\_/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\_///Tremeria(Criminal)

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I like what you did with 3PS3.

But it would be pointless to have it decrease MM speed, as the LMGs and Snipers are slow enough as we speak.

The MM zoom time though? I can roll with that.

I think I agree, and will edit accordingly.

Thanks for the feedback! ;)

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3722 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10

I think I agree, and will edit accordingly.

Thanks for the feedback! ;)

I'll add some more then-

Carsurfer is disabled after being shot once, for 3 seconds OR after taking 50 hard damage within a certain amount of time, it's disabled for 9 seconds.

Kevlar implants- Make player stamina a thing. Players can sprint for however long based on each rank, accel is slightly affected, etc.

Israel(Enforcer)\\\_/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\_///Tremeria(Criminal)

UpholdThePeace

UpholdThePeace

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Joined 21-August 13

I'll add some more then-

Carsurfer is disabled after being shot once, for 3 seconds OR after taking 50 hard damage within a certain amount of time, it's disabled for 9 seconds.

Kevlar implants- Make player stamina a thing. Players can sprint for however long based on each rank, accel is slightly affected, etc.

For Surfer I think one shot is a little bit too odd. I think a certain amount of damage should be dealt

For example if you get hit with a HVR shot - you'd get knocked off, but if you get hit with 1 little FBW bullet it doesn't quite make sense to get knocked off a moving car. Maybe something along the lines of 300 health damage and you'll get knocked off the car.

UpholdThePeace / Lorelai / Wiley

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10299 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

Note that I'm not exactly sure about these numbers, since default acceleration is almost instant without Fragile, and there's nothing that currently affects acceleration and as such nothing to compare it to.

Before early 2012, Kevlar Implants used to reduce acceleration, and I managed to find the value multipliers out of an old database.

Kevlar 1: .35

Kevlar 2: .25

Kevlar 3: .20

The lower the value, the slower the acceleration speed is. Note that even with Kevlar 1, the effects against strafe dancing and corner pop shooting were already significant, and the latter two were barely noticeable because the speed was very slow. Considering the vintage Kevlar was way too slow, I assume those values are bad. I believe the values between .35 and .30 would be ideal because like I said the value for Kevlar 1 already did a number on the meta dodging tactics.

Edited by BrianRolling, 16 July 2015 - 10:38 PM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I'll add some more then-

The thing with Car Surfer is that I really don't think that its upside needs to be nerfed, but rather that it needs a downside like almost every other mod has. In my opinion Car Surfing should be mostly an upgrade to shooting out of windows, so if you make being shot (something you have no control over while on top of a car) make you fall off of the car, that's just. . . why would you ever use Car Surfer? IMHO you're already at one of your most vulnerable points in the game while on top of a car, and I don't think that needs to be made more extreme.

Maybe if it was disabled by like 700 damage within two seconds, or something like that, it would be fine, but honestly I don't see the point.

As for the Kevlar thing, that might be interesting, but it's going in the exact opposite direction Brian and I are trying to go with the mod, so I'm curious what your reasoning behind it is.

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning behind these two changes though.

Before early 2012, Kevlar Implants used to reduce acceleration, and I managed to find the value multipliers out of an old database.

Kevlar 1: .35

Kevlar 2: .25

Kevlar 3: .20

The lower the value, the slower the acceleration speed is. Note that even with Kevlar 1, the effects against strafe dancing and corner pop shooting were already significant, and the latter two were barely noticeable because the speed was very slow. Considering the vintage Kevlar was way too slow, I assume those values are bad. I believe the values between .35 and .30 would be ideal because like I said the value for Kevlar 1 already did a number on the meta dodging tactics.

Yeah, I saw that. The problem is though that I really don't know what those numbers mean, so it's easier to work with concrete numbers that could be converted to game code than to work with vague numbers that don't mean anything to the reader (or writer.)

Instead I slapped on Fragile (virtually the only time acceleration realistically comes into play) and tried to get a general idea of how fast acceleration is in the game, and then tried to go from there. Realistically, it's impossible to even approximate a number without actual testing.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10299 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

Yeah, I saw that. The problem is though that I really don't know what those numbers mean, so it's easier to work with concrete numbers that could be converted to game code than to work with vague numbers that don't mean anything to the reader (or writer.)

Instead I slapped on Fragile (virtually the only time acceleration realistically comes into play) and tried to get a general idea of how fast acceleration is in the game, and then tried to go from there. Realistically, it's impossible to even approximate a number without actual testing.

That's the problem I'm trying to figure out as well. Base acceleration speed is 2048. That's really high. I can't explain why the lower the kevlar acceleration multiplier value, the lower the acceleration speed. I'm not a math person. :P

Edited by BrianRolling, 17 July 2015 - 08:59 AM.

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3722 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10

For Surfer I think one shot is a little bit too odd. I think a certain amount of damage should be dealt

For example if you get hit with a HVR shot - you'd get knocked off, but if you get hit with 1 little FBW bullet it doesn't quite make sense to get knocked off a moving car. Maybe something along the lines of 300 health damage and you'll get knocked off the car.

The thing with Car Surfer is that I really don't think that its upside needs to be nerfed, but rather that it needs a downside like almost every other mod has. In my opinion Car Surfing should be mostly an upgrade to shooting out of windows, so if you make being shot (something you have no control over while on top of a car) make you fall off of the car, that's just. . . why would you ever use Car Surfer? IMHO you're already at one of your most vulnerable points in the game while on top of a car, and I don't think that needs to be made more extreme.

Maybe if it was disabled by like 700 damage within two seconds, or something like that, it would be fine, but honestly I don't see the point.

As for the Kevlar thing, that might be interesting, but it's going in the exact opposite direction Brian and I are trying to go with the mod, so I'm curious what your reasoning behind it is.

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning behind these two changes though.

Dammit, I meant carspawn, not carsurfer.

I was reading your post as I typed my reply, lol.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

That's the problem I'm trying to figure out as well. Base acceleration speed is 2048. That's really high. I can't explain why the lower the kevlar acceleration multiplier value, the lower the acceleration speed. I'm not a math person. :P

The number that is your base acceleration is entirely irrelevant to the discussion, since we don't know the units that it's being measured in. (Also, arbitrary looking large numbers are not entirely uncommon behind the scenes in programming. For example, in Unreal Engine 2, rotations where measured in such a way that 65,535 was equivalent to 360 degrees.) It's basically the same as how it makes no difference whether characters have 1,000 or 100 health in APB, even though the first is more technically accurate.

But I digress, a lower multiplier is obviously going to mean a lower acceleration, if those numbers are in fact multipliers. Basically, a multiplier of 0.35 means 35% acceleration, .25 means 25%, and 20 means 20%.

Maybe I'll try to change my numbers accordingly though.

Dammit, I meant carspawn, not carsurfer.

I was reading your post as I typed my reply, lol.

Okay, cool. I suggested that it be disabled after taking damage (after I edited my post last night to include vehicle mods.) Do you disagree with my numbers/method, or did you just not see that?

I guess I should mention that in my paragraph of notes instead of just in the stats.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09
The penalty for 3-Point-Sling sounds good and should be possible with the new weapon system.

I disagree with massively reduced recoil on the Rifle Silencer. 25% is a lot. Then again, the rifles currently equipped with a silencer aren't exactly difficult to control already.

Edited by Revoluzzer, 17 July 2015 - 10:09 AM.

APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I disagree with massively reduced recoil on the Rifle Silencer. 25% is a lot.

Yeah, I was initially thinking 15% (~1/6), but I raised it to 25% because I personally don't have much trouble with recoil on any guns with a Rifle Silencer, so I wasn't sure if 15% would be useful. On second thought though, I suppose the 15% would work well.

What amount do you think would be equivalent to -10% hard damage? (As a point of reference, -10% hard damage means you need ~11% more bullets to destroy a vehicle [which you can get from solving the equation ( 100 - 10 ) * x = 100.])

Also, put into consideration that purple mods ordinarily don't have very severe downsides, if any at all.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3722 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10

The number that is your base acceleration is entirely irrelevant to the discussion, since we don't know the units that it's being measured in. (Also, arbitrary looking large numbers are not entirely uncommon behind the scenes in programming. For example, in Unreal Engine 2, rotations where measured in such a way that 65,535 was equivalent to 360 degrees.) It's basically the same as how it makes no difference whether characters have 1,000 or 100 health in APB, even though the first is more technically accurate.

But I digress, a lower multiplier is obviously going to mean a lower acceleration, if those numbers are in fact multipliers. Basically, a multiplier of 0.35 means 35% acceleration, .25 means 25%, and 20 means 20%.

Okay, cool. I suggested that it be disabled after taking damage (after I edited my post last night to include vehicle mods.) Do you disagree with my numbers/method, or did you just not see that?

I guess I should mention that in my paragraph of notes instead of just in the stats.

I don't think I saw it, TBH.

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10299 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

You might be right that it's percentage. I know they would have to reduce a lot from the acceleration since it is so high in order to make any difference.

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

What amount do you think would be equivalent to -10% hard damage?

Also, put into consideration that purple mods ordinarily don't have very severe downsides, if any at all.

While purple mods by and large don't have severe, if any, downsides, the Rifle Silencer shouldn't be a purple mod in the first place. It should be red, like other silencers. Pretty sure it's only purple because they released the 'Watchman' with CJ3 and didn't want two red mods on it.

That out of the way, I find it a little difficult to put recoil and hard damage side by side. They're fundamentally different things. It's a little silly to have different silencers cause different effects (reduced hard damage, reduced range, reduced recoil) in the first place. All of them should do the same thing.

Anyway, I think even 10% reduced recoil would be a noticeable difference.
APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

While purple mods by and large don't have severe, if any, downsides, the Rifle Silencer shouldn't be a purple mod in the first place. It should be red, like other silencers. Pretty sure it's only purple because they released the 'Watchman' with CJ3 and didn't want two red mods on it.

That out of the way, I find it a little difficult to put recoil and hard damage side by side. They're fundamentally different things. It's a little silly to have different silencers cause different effects (reduced hard damage, reduced range, reduced recoil) in the first place. All of them should do the same thing.

Anyway, I think even 10% reduced recoil would be a noticeable difference.

You forgot to mention the pistol silencer's reduced magazine size and increased horizontal recoil. ;P

But yeah, I personally think that silencers should be more standardized, and should basically be the vertical equivalent to MB. And they really should standardize it to just reduced hard damage, 'cause reduced range is just. . . bad imho. And the pistol silencer is just a mess. That is. . . unless they bother to make the overhaul and make all silencers work similar to the Raptor.

But yeah, the Watchman probably just should have been like the OCA-SD "Silverado", and they should probably still make that change, though I don't know what bad things it might do to the Crown.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Updated with some minor edits.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Seadee

Seadee

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2111 posts
  • Joined 05-December 10

did you see that post about slowing down when getting hit, but then someone applying the idea to kevlar.

so for the most part you are normal speed when wearing kevlar, but as soon as you start getting hit in combat, your speed reduces to that which is started on the kevlar mod.

this allows free movement to and around objectives but creates a easy but tankie target when in combat, manage to get to cover, your speed recovers as does your health and you can run around to another location, carry on the fight... 

your thoughts Kewlin?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Nosduh

Nosduh

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Joined 30-September 14
I would love a mod that did the opposite from what you suggest for the 3PS. Quick target acquisition... Might be a little op for the assault rifles since you never have to switch away from them anyway.

Maybe Quicker zoom at the cost of movement while zoomed? ... Sorry making it up as I go

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

I like those ideas , was bit back had a post about the Car Surfer and how to "balance" you had same idea but diff wording , shall await to see others added as well any thought on consumable changes since they are "like" mods?
"Car" Surfer - whilst on a "car" roof -25-30% accuracy with any equipped weapons ,

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I like those ideas , was bit back had a post about the Car Surfer and how to "balance" you had same idea but diff wording , shall await to see others added as well any thought on consumable changes since they are "like" mods?
"Car" Surfer - whilst on a "car" roof -25-30% accuracy with any equipped weapons ,

To be honest, I think consumables are mostly balanced, except for the mostly useless boom-box. If you have any complaints suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them though.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

To be honest, I think consumables are mostly balanced, except for the mostly useless boom-box. If you have any complaints suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them though.

iirc only the Epinephrine Injector has a negative to it , have to recheck have not been in game in about a month(unless you do first) pm'd idea had for one tho.

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
Before ya judge think

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18233 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

I would prefer a car surfer disabling any primaries (maybe additionally to the modifer).

because if you take your 200% and snipers  which have a marksmanmultiplier of 0,20 (or scout at even 0,30) not even counting HS on it then they are still WAY too accurate.

in fact that is the entire reason G1 never managed jumpshooting to be fixed because the jumoping is using the sprint modifier, butswitching to MM within jump made the MM modifier apply ontop of sprinting. A simple check to allo MM modifier not beign in effect while jumping would ahve fixed the entire Jumpshooting nonsense.

That woudl also give entering a car and shooting from windows a purpose again since it allows usage of primaries again.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I would prefer a car surfer disabling any primaries (maybe additionally to the modifer).

because if you take your 200% and snipers  which have a marksmanmultiplier of 0,20 (or scout at even 0,30) not even counting HS on it then they are still WAY too accurate.

in fact that is the entire reason G1 never managed jumpshooting to be fixed because the jumoping is using the sprint modifier, butswitching to MM within jump made the MM modifier apply ontop of sprinting. A simple check to allo MM modifier not beign in effect while jumping would ahve fixed the entire Jumpshooting nonsense.

That woudl also give entering a car and shooting from windows a purpose again since it allows usage of primaries again.

You're saying that Sniper Rifles are still too accurate based on an in-vehicle modifier that is not determined. There's a reason I didn't suggest any values for the in-vehicle modifiers of guns that do not have them as of yet, which is that the numbers would actually need to be tested. However, doing some quick math, I'd probably give the HVR an in-vehicle modifier of around 17, so that it had 51x spread on top of a car (making it's multiplier on top of a car with HS3 ~1.0.)

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1773 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

Can't using car surfer make your accuracy worst the faster the car goes? I haven't done this irl but I would assume aiming on top of a slow moving car is easier then on a speeding muscle car. This would make car surfing with an ALIG pretty hard when in high speed chases due to the already instant max bloom after 1 bullet now being higher, and rockets will have a higher chance of missing instead of being 100% dependent on player aim and prediction skills. You won't be able to easily gun someone down with a ranged weapon as your driver speeds around like a bat out of hell and shawcopters can't make a mess out of you as soon as they turn the corner. In order for them to have any beneficial accuracy the driver will have to make the choice to slow down and if he does he'll be making it easier for his surfers to land shots but at the cost of them being seating ducks on the roof unless they jump off and risk being left.

This way if you won't to move around in a car but don't wont to deal with the lack of accuracy you'll be sitting in a seat, or if accuracy isn't an issue for you cause you have an SMG and just need a quick ride but there is no more room now you're gonna surf.

P.S Hope they fix the pickup trucks. How is the only thing you should be able to surf on in this game the only thing you can't?

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1773 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

If we can replicate gun shots in the music editor problem solved

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Can't using car surfer make your accuracy worst the faster the car goes? I haven't done this irl but I would assume aiming on top of a slow moving car is easier then on a speeding muscle car. This would make car surfing with an ALIG pretty hard when in high speed chases due to the already instant max bloom after 1 bullet now being higher, and rockets will have a higher chance of missing instead of being 100% dependent on player aim and prediction skills. You won't be able to easily gun someone down with a ranged weapon as your driver speeds around like a bat out of hell and shawcopters can't make a mess out of you as soon as they turn the corner. In order for them to have any beneficial accuracy the driver will have to make the choice to slow down and if he does he'll be making it easier for his surfers to land shots but at the cost of them being seating ducks on the roof unless they jump off and risk being left.

This way if you won't to move around in a car but don't wont to deal with the lack of accuracy you'll be sitting in a seat, or if accuracy isn't an issue for you cause you have an SMG and just need a quick ride but there is no more room now you're gonna surf.

P.S Hope they fix the pickup trucks. How is the only thing you should be able to surf on in this game the only thing you can't?

If RP could to that, that would be ideal, but IDK if that's possible.

I'll try to remember to edit the OP tomorrow.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10299 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

Honestly I like the new suggestion I accidentally made in your "Movement Speed Reduced" thread than my original idea for it. Few things of note, though.

Damage in general will trigger the slower movement speed. As far as I'm aware, the game can't discern the differences in damage between bullets and gravity. Although, it could make Happy Landings an interestingly must for Kevlar this way.

A countdown before the player can move normally definitely needs to be determined and should reset each time the player takes damage. I suggest it equals to either the delay before sprinting (as if that's noticeable) or the average fire rate of weapons, excluding the obviously slow guns like sniper rifles and shotguns. Ideally, the player should move normally once the enemy stops shooting. 

Seadee

Seadee

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2111 posts
  • Joined 05-December 10

Honestly I like the new suggestion I accidentally made in your "Movement Speed Reduced" thread than my original idea for it. Few things of note, though.

Damage in general will trigger the slower movement speed. As far as I'm aware, the game can't discern the differences in damage between bullets and gravity. Although, it could make Happy Landings an interestingly must for Kevlar this way.

A countdown before the player can move normally definitely needs to be determined and should reset each time the player takes damage. I suggest it equals to either the delay before sprinting (as if that's noticeable) or the average fire rate of weapons, excluding the obviously slow guns like sniper rifles and shotguns. Ideally, the player should move normally once the enemy stops shooting.

i would say you a slowed until your regen kicks in, since that resets with damage taken. (doesnt it?)

Posted ImagePosted Image

dissentinq

dissentinq

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 25-July 16

"Applies In-Vehicle accuracy modifier while on top of moving cars. (Let's be honest, who can shoot while on a moving car and hit?)"

Why is this red? Plus I can hit people from on top of a car all day. I suppose my aim is just good.

Youtube: https://www.youtube....EWZj0quzvj5W8aQ 

Dissentinq is 0% cringe material.                  https://en.shindanmaker.com/657981

PCpartpicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Twnd9W

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

"Applies In-Vehicle accuracy modifier while on top of moving cars. (Let's be honest, who can shoot while on a moving car and hit?)"

Why is this red? Plus I can hit people from on top of a car all day. I suppose my aim is just good.

1370.gif

eZVk6Xs.jpg

dissentinq

dissentinq

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 25-July 16

1370.gif

Isn't the in vehicle accuracy modifier as if you were crouching?

Youtube: https://www.youtube....EWZj0quzvj5W8aQ 

Dissentinq is 0% cringe material.                  https://en.shindanmaker.com/657981

PCpartpicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Twnd9W

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1432 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Suggestion for "consumables"

Make them regular character mods that are unlocked through the tutorial or a low tier contact. This will give new players full access to these mods, and remove the 90s email spam simulator from max rank players.

For Mobile Spawn Unit:

- Invalid if enemy is within 50M (same as regular spawns)

- Invalid if vehicle is within 100M of the objective (same as regular spawns, excludes pickup items)

- Reduces trunk capacity by X (whatever you prefer)

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2994 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

For Mobile Spawn Unit:

- Invalid if enemy is within 50M (same as regular spawns)

- Invalid if vehicle is within 100M of the objective (same as regular spawns, excludes pickup items)

- Reduces trunk capacity by X (whatever you prefer)

Keep in mind this post was first made in 2015, they were a lot more overpowered than they are now

The Greatest / Best clan ever is now RECRUITING!

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Keep in mind this post was first made in 2015, they were a lot more overpowered than they are now

^This.

Though I personally don't like the changes they made to mobile spawn, and would prefer what I stated.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

^This.

Though I personally don't like the changes they made to mobile spawn, and would prefer what I stated.

I do not care for how it was changed either as that timer countdown can brake or make a mission for most parts as well trying to explain it to people who have been away for sometime not knowing getting mad cause they can not spawn in their car thinking something is broke.

Do like what you had suggested > what if it cost you x amount of $ per use of spawn instead of the less cargo idea would have to be a agreeable amount nothing too large or too small 

Majikal PC Tweaks
Before ya judge think

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1432 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

And those changes didn't do a damn thing to balance the mod. It's still an exploit to spawn closer than intended.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9733 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Not sure if anyone already said it, but i figured i'd bump your thread man:

What do you think of radar jammer also jamming character orange mods? As sort of a small counter to mods like car detonator ?

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7141 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Do like what you had suggested > what if it cost you x amount of $ per use of spawn instead of the less cargo idea would have to be a agreeable amount nothing too large or too small 

Cost per spawn isn't a downside for the mod, it's a downside for spawning in the car, there's a big difference.

Let me try to explain it quickly with an example of a greatly exaggerated Orange character mod.

Imagine there's a usable mod that, when you activate it, kills you, as well as an enemy in your crosshair. Now obviously there's a downside to using this mod, however, there is no downside for equipping this mod. Basically, even though using the mod has a severe downside, the downside only applies when you want it to, unlike, say, Kevlar, where the downside applies all the time when you have it equipped, and as such is a downside to the mod, instead of a downside to the effect.

This applies as well to many examples actually in the game. While there's literally no downside to equipping Car Spawner, spawning in a car with Car Spawner has many issues, such as resetting the timer, often spawning on top of a grenade, spawning too close to enemies, etc.. Remote Detonator has no downside for equipping it, but using it can kill yourself, blow up a car you might need, or kill allies. Car Surfer has no downside to equipping it, but while actually surfing you're vulnerable to dying from basically anything ever, and I've seen tons of players do so many stupid things and kill themselves and fail missions with Car Surfer, but it wasn't because they had Car Surfer equipped, but rather that they tried to use its benefits when they shouldn't have.

Also, money really is a poor balance point for so many reasons.

Not sure if anyone already said it, but i figured i'd bump your thread man:

What do you think of radar jammer also jamming character orange mods? As sort of a small counter to mods like car detonator ?

I personally find direct counters to be somewhat a bad idea in APB.

I probably should make an entry for Radar Jammer, but overall I think that it's a good mod, it just might need a buff to its radius, and possibly duration.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users